William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't we all get a lovely surprise if Kate and William announce their engagement when he gets back from Auz.

If some of the journalists I have seen on TV get their way, he will be announcing his engagement to an Australian girl he meets on Bondi Beach! :ROFLMAO:

As there is a General Election in Britain by June there I highly doubt that they would be any engagement announcement that would then see the royal event overshadowing the political one.

The earliest I see an engagement announcement is after the election in June, while William is in the middle of the intense training leaving Kate to fend for herself.

The earliest I see an engagement announcement is after the election in June, while William is in the middle of the intense training leaving Kate to fend for herself.

Quite right, the earliest is August time I think.
The latest is after Williams training 2014. :)

well if he finishes his training in 2014 then I think it's the next general election in UK, so an engagement will come after august 2014 in that case

Haven't a clue, I don't know the woman. However it seems that if they want to get married, the only time it can be fitted in right now is in 2015. :flowers:

For all we know they may be engaged privately already! I'm quite sure we will not have to wait until 2015 and an engagement announcement can be made just as easily after a general election as before. I'm not sure the two events are really connected - usually politicians quite like a distraction! Even a 2012 engagement or wedding is possible even if the Olympic games are taking place - two big events in one country during the course of one year is not unusual and could even be the prefered choice of doing it.

The royals must be seen to be separate from politics so having a wedding overshadow an election would allow for the royal family to actually become a fully political issue with the costs etc all being debated as part of the election.

2012 already has 2 big events with the Queen's Jubilee and a third might be overkill (particularly if they want people to visit from overseas for all three events). Some people may already have to choose between the Jubilee and the Olympics (I know I do and the Olympics have won). Had they been in separate years I would have gone to both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't a clue, I don't know the woman. However it seems that if they want to get married, the only time it can be fitted in right now is in 2015. :flowers:

That's insane! :lol:

Whenever the engagement is announced, isn't the wedding prepared rather fast anyway? I thought that's how it worked.

RE... the THIS YEAR suggestion.... the election has to take place BY June... so could very well be over and done with by May.

Not impossible to have a June announcment and September/October wedding !!!!!

True. Anne and Mrk were married in November. Ao did the Queen and Prince Phillip.

I go for Late June anouncement and October/November Wedding

I was right about Fred and Mary....

There are certainly some beautiful days for weddings in the autumn. I was married in October. Unfortunately, it drizzled all day; but it wasn't cold.

I think an engagement this year and if it's announced before the election a wedding later in the year otherwise definite engagement and wedding next year.

The British royals tend to announce and marry in the one year so either the engagement and wedding this year or both next year.

I don't see them really liking the idea of having millions of people waiting in the streets for hours, and some even overnight, during late autumn or early winter any more so I don't see a wedding late this year. That leaves a June engagement and a September/October wedding.

I don't see any possibility of an engagement before the election for the simple reasons that it would overshadow the election, as I have said before, and that is a non-starter. Could you imagine a candidate or two actually promising to cut the costs of the wedding and the consequent one-upmanship that could follow till someone suggests have the royals pay for everything themselves to stop using taxpayers money for anything? These sorts of things happen in election campaigns so it is easier to not have the royals in the spotlight at all during the election, hence why I believe no engagement until after the election.

My money is on either a late summer / early Autumn wedding this year, or a summer wedding in 2011.

I wonder if they have any influence at all in WHEN the election is called. Is it realistic at all to think that leanings from the right quarter to get the election over and done with by May would work. I think the date of this election will be a huge clue as to what's going on. The later the date, the less likelihood of the big event this year, though it wouldn't stop an engagement being announced.

It has to happen on or before the 3rd June 2010.
The palace will have no influence whatsoever over when it is.
Local elections have been confirmed for the 6th May.
I think the government has enough of its plate.
I doubt very very much they will announce an engagement until after this year, or after Williams military career.
I don't see why the date of the election would give us any indication as to whether William will get married or not.

The Royal Family don't tend to be seen much when there is an election campain going on. I don't see why William's training should be an obstacle to his getting married. He isn't the only man to get married and have a career at the same time. I still think it is this year

So in that case, an engagement announcement could be as early as June 4. Even though William will be training, he'll still have weekends off, and I believe that he'll have a few weeks vacation during the year. A wedding could work out for this year. I think that having Kate as primarily a military wife before launching her on full-time royal duties would be a good idea. She's have the opportunity to learn her job bit by bit and start her family while having an amount of protection from the intrustive media.

If he is to marry while training I think it will be before he starts the next phase of training, but with no announcement and an election upcoming or more likely after the actual training phase.

However, I don't think Kate will get time to be a full-time military wife. I think she will be expected to be full-time from the get-go (unless she is pregnant immediately). The public simply won't accept her to continue as a 'work-shy' girl once she is married.

Work-shy?
She has a job and always has had one since she left uni

You did notice that I put 'work-shy' in inverted commas I suppose.
That was done for a reason - the British public are the ones who use that term not me.

As for her job/s since leaving uni that is also not a proven commodity as we really don't exactly know how much work she does for her parents and the only real job she has had outside that family was the part-time job with Jigsaw. It is for this reason that she has the title 'work-shy' among the people, certainly those that make comments in the press.

I think announcement will this summer after princess victoria's wedding. Then a summer 2011 wedding for prince william and kate

I think announcement will this summer after princess victoria's wedding. Then a summer 2011 wedding for prince william and kate

British royals tend to have much shorter engagements, so a summer announcement would be a winter wedding. That would allow Kate to have her first Christmas with the royal family this Christmas.

Next year I see a wedding before June 10th (by at least a month) or no announcement until after - why - because I think the Queen wants June 10th to be a real acknowledgement of Philip's contribution to the Crown on his 90th birthday and having a newly married or still engaged Kate their would overshadow but a Kate married for a month or more - or even better still on the honeymoon so as not to be there - would fit in nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom