William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This writer seems to have them summed up,
The announcement of Prince William’s engagement to Kate Middleton is said to be imminent, if a variety of newspaper reports are to be believed, with three ­poss­ible wedding dates under consid­eration for next summer.
Frankly, whether true or not, it’s about time. Apart from a brief separation in 2007, they’ve been together for nine years, and in these dour and straitened times, a royal wedding would certainly perk us all up.
At present, I fear William and Kate are in danger of becoming the world’s most boring couple.

It says that Kate has to grow up, whether they marry or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its quite hard to believe all these reports since they have been talked about for so long with nothing happening. It feels more like they keep with the story every now and then so when it does happen they say we were the first to hint or break the news.

William saying he is ready for the Afghanistan war, to me, sound like someone who still doesn't want to settle unless we get a very long engagement.

I would suggest they wait especially if he is deploying because that is when problems start women get lonely cause their huband or fiancee is gone for half a year.

Maybe William really have a lot of work which is true !
But other thing I suppose is that he is unsure if Kate is right and just hope to understand the answer.He sure loves her,she not,but let's see what will happened
And I know 1 thing for sure:
Kate Middleton won't be Diana-NEVER !!! Nobody never can be like Diana !

I hope not. I don't think that either the British people or the BRF really want to have another Diana.

I hope not. I don't think that either the British people or the BRF really want to have another Diana.

We all agree that Diana was unique and I would be happy if I see ,,another Diana'' with more happiness because diana was unhappy.
I would be glad if I see more good people in this World !:flowers: She will be welcome!

LadyAnn,thanks for the news,but I read such and similar things from a lot of years.I don't believe in things that I don't hear or see-it's for everything,not for wedding !

Who on here does ...it just the latest story printed ...only time will tell...when the actual story will finally break and I beleive it will be on the front lawn of the BP not in the daily mail...;) besides one of these times one of them is going to be right!

I do not think, that Wills still may have a chance to back down from an announcement of a wedding. Therefor all circumstances are speaking against that, including the long relationship and the fact, that they separated and were together since again.
Also I think, that asking for the Queens permission is an official step, but she obviously won´t say no. So it seems, everything will be set for a soon announcement.

Honestly speaking, although I am not a real fan of those 2 (they are really boring :ermm::sad::ermm::ohmy:) -- I am waiting for it now as well. Again a glittering wedding.... hopefully not too close to the Monaco wedding.

IMO she will never be as charismatic as Diana was. Nevertheless it would be the best thing for her not to be compared with Diana all the time, as this would imply not only the "sunny sides of live". I think, she will be clever enough to find here place in the firm without sinking. And her fashion sense is really not too bad :flowers:...
BYe Bine

I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Because she keeps her mouth shut, she's boring and she's easy to mould.

I would suggest they wait especially if he is deploying because that is when problems start women get lonely cause their huband or fiancee is gone for half a year.

He will never, ever be deployed.

Why would she want to be? And tbh we don't want another one.

Also I think, that asking for the Queens permission is an official step, but she obviously won´t say no. So it seems, everything will be set for a soon announcement.

The Mirror has absolutely no way of knowing what William and Kate are actually going to do.

IMO she will never be as charismatic as Diana was. Nevertheless it would be the best thing for her not to be compared with Diana all the time, as this would imply not only the "sunny sides of live". I think, she will be clever enough to find here place in the firm without sinking. And her fashion sense is really not too bad :flowers:...

Kate is the opposite to Diana and that is a very very good thing, however saying that the press will find somewhere of comparing them.

why does she supposedly want to become queen of england so bad...honestly its a bit of a fuss

Yes, why would she want the fuss when her life is so great now? She is constantly scrutnized by the public, who makes positive and negative judgements about her and family WITHOUT her saying a word, everyone constantly criticize her weight, her clothes, her hair, the lack of work ethic, charity and whether or not she truly loves William.:ROFLMAO:

Wait....they do that now...I guess the only difference would she would have more money at her disposal, she would definitely have to work outside of the home so that the British public sees some of what they are paying for, and everyone will still sit in judgement of her without her saying a word.

The only thing she has going for her now versus a future with William is that a private citizen if the stories and the press gets too over the top she can sue them.........but even still that's a hard one guys.:ermm:

And look....we are on page 120 and still no engagement.

Last edited:
and this is only the 2010 thread! :whistling:

I don't know what to think about William and Kate as a couple.
So far I agree with MailOnline:

I think boring works in the context of royalty

In that you are correct, I think we have had enough of scandals to last some time. :whistling:

Quite right. We would much rather have a low profile but effective Prince and Princess, than a drama queen of a princess!

I don't think another "Diana" would work, either. Diana boosted the monarchy's popularity in the short term but damaged it in the long run, I think.

However, I don't really think William and Kate are doing the monarchy, or Kate's future acceptance by the public, any favours by dragging out their courtship. It's not their fault that the media keeps pushing for them to get married, or writes stories attacking Kate for waiting/William for lack of commitment. But at the same time, these stories wouldn't be out there if they hadn't been dating for 9 years without any public commitment.

I understand why they don't want to get married until they have to, but it seems a little self-centred to me. It would be really bad for the monarchy if William and Kate married too soon and had a disaster of a marriage, but waiting so long isn't helping their image, either.

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a very mean thing to say, basically they should get married now to make the Monarchy look good?

Of course they should be self centered when thinking about marriage. Its about them and the monarchy.

I think the only people who think their waiting is doing damage to the monarchy are those who are in patient for a wedding, don't like William/Kate or anti monarchists.

If the British Monarchy can withstand the War of the Roses, Henry VIII and his disaster marriages, the English Reformation, the execution of Charles I, Oliver Cromwell, the Glorious Revolution, those bloody Hanovers and the Abdication of Edward VIII, it can't wait a year or two if Kate and William decide to get married.

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a very mean thing to say, basically they should get married now to make the Monarchy look good?
No...but they shouldn't not get married just to make themselves feel good, either.

I think people should marry when they feel they're ready to make a lifelong commitment to each other...not before, and not long after. I'm no expert, but I think William and Kate have known each other for plenty long enough to know whether or not they're compatible enough to marry. Therefore, I assume they're waiting not because they're not sure, but because neither wants to take on royal duties...which is understandable and I'd probably feel exactly the same way in their situation, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a mostly selfish decision.

I'm not impatient for a wedding (at all, actually!), I have nothing against William and Kate, and I'm not an anti-monarchist. I just think that while marriage is about two people, it's not just about them, especially not when one of the people involved is in line to the British throne. It's not so much that I think they have a duty to marry to save the monarchy or something, as I think they don't seem to have any good reasons not to marry other than the fact that they are reluctant to take on royal duties.

What are the stats on marriage in England? Do people feel the need to marry anymore?

I would rather have William wait until he has finished his army training and ready to take on full time duties. I would rather Kate be ready to take up full time duties with William at her side. Not trying to have that Andrew/Sarah fiasco....not that I think that Kate is like Sarah.

Marrying into the Firm, taking on duties, no emotional support from your husband because he is stationed elsewhere. Normal people do it all the time and they struggle with it. Can you imagine doing it with the eyes of the world on you?

Selfish in what way?
Who is it really harming because they aren't marrying?
Kate and William aren't in a coventional relationship, 9 years might be enough time for the ordinary couple but not for ones who will be the future King and Queen.

Well said Zonk.

No...but they shouldn't not get married just to make themselves feel good, either.

I think people should marry when they feel they're ready to make a lifelong commitment to each other...not before, and not long after. I'm no expert, but I think William and Kate have known each other for plenty long enough to know whether or not they're compatible enough to marry. Therefore, I assume they're waiting not because they're not sure, but because neither wants to take on royal duties...which is understandable and I'd probably feel exactly the same way in their situation, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a mostly selfish decision.

I don't think that it is just that they don't want to take on royal duties. I think it is a combo of things. All & all it is their chocie and we will all have to wait till they say...:eek:

Unlike Edward VIII who didn't know his duty, William KNOWS what is expected to him.

I don't personally know the man, but I feel very comfortable in saying that:)

William has already taken on royal duties, and as Zonk said he knows what's expected of him. If not i'm sure he would have made himself clear by now.

And for the record...I get the boring vibe as well.

Kate does NOTHING for me. She is just there like a chair.

Here's hoping that if she is the ONE she shows a bit more personality and just something after they marry.

I agree that another Diana (with the immense interest in her, the pap coverage and the DRAMA) would not be good. I could go for a little Mary/Maxima/Letitiza thing. Some nice clothes but not too much of a fashion horse with an addiction to haute coutre, a cute kid and doing some royal duties will go along way.

I think it will be good for all if he marry a woman with almost the same personality to Diana.But I hope that it will work this time with a happy marriage and life ! :)
That I would want to change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom