William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the cousin of prince Charles who claims they are engaged already and will marry in july 2011? is that believable? its in the timeline given in the daily mail article

Total nonsense, I think even CH stepped in on that claim.

I read somewhere that they were split up again and it's because of Camilla.
The article is from this year,any other opinions? It's strange to me....

Which article?

The cousin's remarks were widely reported several weeks ago. He has been portrayed as a flake, but I believe him. Only a matter of time before they announce their engagement. My only question is where their engagement photocall will take place. I'm thinking either Clarence House or Highgrove perhaps. Can't wait to see her ring. Hope it's a stunner. Probably have another year to wait before any announcement. Although I believe they are privately engaged, at least a year off before public receives official news.

Claims?
Wednesday August 25, 2010
201035.jpg
BRITAIN’S Prince William has split from his longtime love Kate Middleton — according to a new report.
America’s Globe magazine says the pair have called off their engagement after they accused each other of cheating.
“The bust-up was really the work of Prince Charles‘ wife Camilla,” a source said. “Her scheming tore them apart.”
Reports earlier this year claimed Kate was desperate to call off her wedding to William after finding out she’d have to “grin and bear it” if he has a mistress.
“Kate is troubled by the disrespectful behavior William has shown her over the last seven years,” blabbed one insider.
“Kate and Wills had just returned from a romantic vacation in the Caribbean four years ago, and a picture of Wills kissing [British pop star] Natasha Hamilton was published in nearly every paper in Britain.
“All of Kate’s friends and family saw it. It was devastating for her!
“He didn’t even try to be discreet. That’s what upset Kate most – she thought William was being blatantly disrespectful to her, and she’s still haunted by that photo today.
“And to make matters worse, Kate is now being warned by royal courtiers that she must be prepared for William to follow in his philandering father’s footsteps — and take a mistress. ‘It won’t be IF he does, my dear,’ Kate was told by one of Queen Elizabeth’s advisers. ‘It will be WHEN he does — and then you must simply turn a blind eye.’
“Kate’s been briefed on all matters of royal protocol – how she’s expected to behave in public, what to wear, even when to smile and when to look serious.
“But when she was informed that her future husband would undoubtedly cheat on her, she felt physically ill. Now she… doesn’t want to go ahead with the wedding!”

What a load of lies from this magazine, Camilla knows how hard it is to get into the RF. Why would she "scheme" to push Kate out?

I like how it says "Kate was desperate to call off her wedding", ummm what wedding?

Seems like a "Camilla Bashing" article IMO.

The so called "cousin", who isn't much of a cousin if he's reporting private family news to the papers. Has never even met William, let alone Kate. Probably getting in on the hype to make some money.

Here is a full story of the article-somebody knows something about that?

With this couple, pretty much everything is re-reported when the press get bored.

It's nonsense and Camilla bashing. The Duchess of Cornwall would be the last reason for William and Kate to split. Slow news day? :flowers:

It's this year,August !

That is just the latest version of this story - evil Camilla splitting them up has been on the cover of a couple of Australian women's magazines over the last couple of years.

The cousin is a very distant cousin. I wonder whether he's perhaps repeating family gossip that's gone through the very-extended family for awhile.

The cousin's remarks were widely reported several weeks ago. He has been portrayed as a flake, but I believe him.

ok well how about the mint story then?

I would expect The Mint to be preparing these sorts of things all the time. I will believe it when the final coins are appearing. They take time to develop and get final approval so I would expect that this is just normal business practice.

I'd expect that right now quite a few commemorative items are in the design stages "just in case" with various companies.

I would expect The Mint to be preparing these sorts of things all the time. I will believe it when the final coins are appearing.

Isn't this "cousin" like a 2nd or 3rd cousin. The son or grandson of one of Prince Phillip's sisters? I wonder how often he has met or visited with William. It must have been one heck of a visit, for William to be so comfortable to tell him of his marriage plans.

I've been googling trying to find his exact connection to the BRF, but I haven't found anything yet. However, I did find this interview that he did in 2007.
German Duke: Diana Revolutionized Europe's Monarchies | Culture & Lifestyle | Deutsche Welle | 31.08.2007

Isn't this "cousin" like a 2nd or 3rd cousin. The son or grandson of one of Prince Phillip's sisters? I wonder how often he has met or visited with William. It must have been one heck of a visit, for William to be so comfortable to tell him of his marriage plans.

Can't figure out the connection either. It looks like this cousin is a Anhalt. One cousin Prince Aribert if Anhalt was briefly married to Princess Marie Louise, the daughter of Princess Helena (thus a granddaughter of Queen Victoria). The matchmaker of that particular marriage was Kaiser Wilhem. That should have been a clue to her :ROFLMAO:

If anyone gets the opportunity, Marie Louise wrote a book (bought on ebay) My Memories of Six Reigns ---- she attended the coronations of Edward VII, George V, George VI, and Elizabeth II. Its a very entertaining book.:flowers: During WWI, when George V created the House of Windsor and removed the German names, she and her sister, Helena Victoria were simply known as HH Princess Marie Louise and Helena Victoria (they were previously of Schleswig-Holstein). So they were Princess of Blank.

Back to topic.... If that's how far they reaching back for cousins...heaven help us.

Last edited:
That is just the latest version of this story - evil Camilla splitting them up has been on the cover of a couple of Australian women's magazines over the last couple of years.

Its the Globe.. what do you expect? Camilla has been pitted as the mean nasty stepmother since day one and sad thing is these stories actually sell. Back in 2004-5 when I worked as a cashier there were a LOT of rag mags that totally trashed Camilla on the front pages and then the stories amounted to um.. saying nothing.

I'll believe things that calling 1-800-PSY-CHIC says first and waste my money on that (not) over believing them rag mags. :D

disclaimer: there is NO 1-800-PSY-CHIC. It is all a fragment of my illumination concocted to make a point.

I am not going to hold my breath waiting for these two to announce their betrothal as I do feel that Wills has cold feet and could have done so long ago.
Kate could be waiting for some time yet.
The DOE rushes things along while it is rumoured that the Queen has asked them to wait.
We wait and hope for the happy ending.

The DOE rushes things along while it is rumoured that the Queen has asked them to wait.
We wait and hope for the happy ending.

The DoE is doing what? I've no clue what you're referring to here. I've never seen where the DoE is involved in anything to do with Kate and Will's relationship.

I still stand by my opinion that these two are happily enjoying a private "normal" life and relationship and perhaps putting off the public glare of engagement and royal wedding and the expected children afterwards until they are both ready to take on their public roles with the BRF.

This is my opinion as well. Given the glare of publicity these days, I think that perhaps the Queen and Prince Charles and both happy to give the couple more private time than either of them had before being launched into the public eye together. No one wants a repeat of what William's mother went through as a new bride--incredible public attention, plus pregnancy, plus the first tour within three or so months of marriage. Kate and William are being given a chance to mature as individuals as well as a couple before making things official, and that's fine by me.:flowers:

I still stand by my opinion that these two are happily enjoying a private "normal" life and relationship and perhaps putting off the public glare of engagement and royal wedding and the expected children afterwards until they are both ready to take on their public roles with the BRF.

If anyone gets the opportunity, Marie Louise wrote a book (bought on ebay) My Memories of Six Reigns ---- she attended the coronations of Edward VII, George V, George VI, and Elizabeth II. Its a very entertaining book.:flowers: During WWI, when George V created the House of Windsor and removed the German names, she and her sister, Helena Victoria were simply known as HH Princess Marie Louise and Helena Victoria (they were previously of Schleswig-Holstein). So they were Princess of Blank.

Zonk, off topic, but that book is a gem. Didn´t you love when Princess Marie Louise got caught up in a training cavalry charge?

Prince William, and the rest of BRF read newspapers, or at least their staff do and I believe they take notice of what is written by "the people" and I am afraid Miss Middleton is not very popular and since the romance neither is William the Prince who was so admired some years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a big IF he goes for a 2011 wedding I personally don't see it on the horizon at all. But if he goes for a Summer 2011 wedding he has at least until March 2011 to announce an engagement.

Possibility of :

March 2011 Engagement
September 2011 Wedding St George's Chapel ... I don't see William putting on a big show in London.

2011 comes and goes I think Kate should think seriously about moving on with her life if no engagement comes from him.

Prince William, and the rest of BRF read newspapers, or at least their staff do and I believe they take notice of what is written by "the people" and I am afraid Miss Middleton is not very popular and since the romance neither is William the Prince who was so admired some years back.

Why perchance isn't she popular? Perchance could it be that no one has a clue where she is or what she does and even what her hair color this week is? Perchance could it be that neither William and or Kate bother to talk to the press about their relationship? Could it be perchance that the only recent pictures that we've actually seen of the couple were very much a nono because a store sold the CCTV pics?

Of course she's not popular. She wishes to to keep her relationship as it is.. private. Yeps.. they let the BRF read the dailies and the gossip and what not.. what's pertinent such as the war hero Wills met came through. Does Kate really think that the opinion of other folks matter? Right now.. I'd say nope.

I still stand by my opinion.

Kate Middleton is pretty and my first opinion was that she was very clever and intelligent,but after some times I saw her in very different way from what I thought about her.
Kate is not interested what people say or think about her.She is not so private person-maybe if she is till now she will be private till she marries William ( and he is so blind.....uhhh.....:bang: )
But if they are happy together,good luck to them ! Let's leave the ,,future princess Kate'' alone ! For me in this relationship is missing sth,I don't know what...I hope he will find someone better....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perchance, for none of those reasons. By the way how did Prince William become a war hero?

Perchance, for none of those reasons. By the way how did Prince William become a war hero?

She said "the war hero Wills met" referring to the pics of William in the home of the elderly war veteran. :flowers:

That´s a relief, I thought I had missed something and that he had been to war.
I don´t care how many war heroes he meets, he is still becoming a very boring young man with a very boring live-in girlfriend with a very boring family, except for one uncle that is far from boring it seems, but will obviously be kept in the background.

I agree that if he won't pop the question soon maybe it is better to move on, or simply maybe just leave their relationship the way it is. Maybe neither feel ready to marry yet and want to wait you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom