William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a balcony appearance and all the trappings of a real royal wedding.
This country needs something to brighten up her up.

I want a balcony appearance and all the trappings of a real royal wedding.
This country needs something to brighten up her up.

St George's would be a 'real' royal wedding. It has seen quite a few over the centuries.

Until the early 20th C royal weddings were private affairs without all the hoopla that has taken place since then.

I think they should either marry at Westminster or St Paul's, anywhere else and I will be dissappointed.

I think they should either marry at Westminster or St Paul's, anywhere else and I will be dissappointed.

As it is their wedding, if it takes place, the only two people who really matter about the venue are the bride and groom and most importantly they have to be happy with the venue. If either of them aren't comfortable in St Paul's due to the disaster of William's parents' wedding or the Abbey due to the funerals that he has had to attend there then they will have to go somewhere else. William should be comfortable in the venue in which he is to get married and if you are disappointed so be it.

do they actually get a say in big picture (i.e. guest list, venue)

I think William does a good job of being composed when dealing with the press, and understands the pit-falls. It just would have just been nice to see the two together in Africa

As it is their wedding, if it takes place, the only two people who really matter about the venue are the bride and groom and most importantly they have to be happy with the venue. If either of them aren't comfortable in St Paul's due to the disaster of William's parents' wedding or the Abbey due to the funerals that he has had to attend there then they will have to go somewhere else. William should be comfortable in the venue in which he is to get married and if you are disappointed so be it.

I really hope that it will be televised at least. One thing to be said about a smaller wedding is that it would be more Wills and Kate with family and friends without the added import of royalty from all over and heads of state.

This would give the couple the option too of putting out an announcement of their engagement and a relatively short period before the ceremony. I also think that William realizes that he very much a public figure and that so many would feel not only deprived but perhaps hurt if the public didn't have an uplifting royal wedding to watch. Along with cutting costs of a super big wedding, I do think they'll have all the other trappings as Kate's arrival by carriage (perhaps from Clarence House... I really don't know the distances between these places), a televised wedding, and the traditional balcony appearance.

I do realise it is there wedding, but they do have a public in turmoil to consider as well. A very private wedding, paid for by the taxpayer would cause some uproar. The country wants something to enjoy as well and marrying in St Pauls or Westminster would do that.

do they actually get a say in big picture (i.e. guest list, venue)

Like ILuvBertie pointed out, it is there wedding and they will have a say in every part of the wedding.

My gut feeling is that he will not marry Kate. Don't ask me why, but that's just the gut feeling. I don't know who a suitable match would be, but somehow, to me, she's not it.

I think as long as HM is still alive he will have a large wedding, I dont think she would let him get away with a St. George's wedding, and when his father's king he'll be the heir so he has no choice but a big wedding. Although I think he wont choose St. Pauls, but Westminster Abbey since it's a lot smaller.

At the end of the day William has never said he will be getting engaged in 2011 let alone married. 2011 could well turn out to be just another year. I don't see any changes that William wants to get married.

Kate with her arm around William's shoulder at the polo event shows how paranoid he is about publicity ... with his back turned towards the camera yet again in the tent. How he is going to face a big public wedding goodness knows. I bet it will be torture for him which is why I think he is putting it off for as long as possible.

If he does get married he may pick St George's Chapel just so the event does not turn into a media circus. As the town is too small to have a long carriage drive and there is no balcony so no expectation of a balcony kiss.

is it true that kate made princess Beatrice cry? sorry old story, but ti was at the roller skate event, in the loo apparently...

is it true that kate made princess Beatrice cry? sorry old story, but ti was at the roller skate event, in the loo apparently...

I have no idea. Its something I've never heard before. It must have been quite a while back ago. I know Kate was at a roller rink where she fell and if I remember correctly, it was around the time when Wills and Kate had called it quits.

:previous: Kate may not have been there . . .

One of the reasons why he might have spent it there was that there was way less chance of photographers finding him if he decided to go out for dinner or something.
Yes, I agree with this.

My sense is the wedding will either be at St George's or at the Abbey, but certainly not at St Paul's because of the C&D wedding. I think HM may agree to St George's, with a carriage ride through Windsor Old Town, so that the public get their share. St George's is also large enough to accomodate a lot of people.

If it is the Abbey, the procession route will be quite limited, ie , out of the Abbey, through Horde Guards Parade and up the Mall. The attendant security costs will be higher for this option, but certainly a lot more people will get to see it.

I would expect the ride from the Abbey to be down Whitehall through Trafalgar Square and then up The Mall with a balcony appearance to satisfy the crowds. I do think though that William would like to avoid any comparisons with his parents' wedding and thus St George's has the advantage that it doesn't have the sad connenctions that both St Paul's and the Abbey has for William.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all true. Just would have been romantic to see such pictures if they were in Africa.

Not to be offensive, but do we really think William is so maudlin that holding his wedding at Westminster Abbey would be awful for him? Two funerals were held there for beloved family members, and they're hardly going to be the last - assuredly his grandmother & grandfather's funeral services will be held there also, as will his father's and possibly several other family members as time marches through his life.

I don't doubt that William probably would want to avoid St. Paul's, not just due to how his parents' marriage turned out, but also because of the sheer size of the venue. But he's not this tragic figure, nor does he strike me as the type to rule out a venue like Westminster Abbey simply because that's where his mother and great-grandmother's funerals were held. How many of us would choose to not get married in the "family church" simply because memorial services for beloved family members had been held at the same venue? Granted, it's hard to know if William considers Westminster Abbey, or any church in particular, to be the "family church", especially as he's likely attended services at many churches on a fairly regular basis over the years (Christmases at Sandringham, probably a lot at St. George's Chapel, etc). But, I just can't envision him even making an argument against Westminster Abbey simply on the basis of it being the location of the major family funerals.

I honestly can't imagine him getting married in Windsor at St. George's. My money's on Westminster Abbey.

If he was in Africa with Kate, it would ahve been nice if some fotos came up.

I do not think Kate was in Africa. The trip to Africa was very much a working trip, and William probably did not consider it appropriate to take along an unmarried consort for his official trip.

so what does kate do these days? does she work or study at all?

i think she quitted her job not long ago.

I do not think Kate was in Africa. The trip to Africa was very much a working trip, and William probably did not consider it appropriate to take along an unmarried consort for his official trip.

But she could have flown to Africa after the trip had ended. Which is what was being discussed.
We know she wasn't there during the trip, and apparently neither was Chelsy.

so what does kate do these days? does she work or study at all?

i think she quitted her job not long ago.

What we know is that she finished her degree many years ago.

Since then she has one or two part-time jobs in the public sphere but mostly has worked for her parents' internet and mail order business from their home.

There have been some reports that she is no longer doing that but instead is living with William in Wales.

Personally I don't believe that she is doing nothing but realise that with the internet and its capacity for instand communication there is no reason why, if she is living with William in Wales, she couldn't still be maintaining her parents' website from Wales so long as the server is set up accordingly.

There are many people who like to believe that she has been doing nothing since leaving uni but others, like me, believe that she has been working steadily for Mum and Dad - like many other children in family businesses. As the only people who know how much or little work she has actually been doing for the family business are those who are also working there - namely her family - we really can only make up our minds based on out personal experiences with situations like this, or go with what the press stories make up about the situation. Personally I prefer to make up my mind based on personal experience of family firms rather than the trash put forth by the press.

:previous:

You are of course welcome to believe whatever you like and the "others" you mention, of course.
Reading through any comments in British newspapers about Miss Middleton I find that there is a large number who think that she is just sitting round making herself beautiful and ready for William´s call, but of course they are welcome to their opinion as well.
By the way if she was still working for her family´s firm why make a secret of it when she has been so criticized in the past for doing nothing?

:previous:

By the way if she was still working for her family´s firm why make a secret of it when she has been so criticized in the past for doing nothing?

Perhaps that may be because neither she nor her family are any obligation to update the tabloids as to her activities.

Perhaps that may be because neither she nor her family are any obligation to update the tabloids as to her activities.

Of course they have no obligation but when some years back there was criticism of her not working, the family were very quick off the mark to, IMHO, invent a job for her with the firm so why on earth would they hide the fact she was working for them now? Tabloids don´t need to be informed, they have their ways of finding out without having to telephone the family and ask.

If you are a believer of the propoganda, then I am sure that is a line of argument you can believe in.

What you may be calling "invent a job" may well be something she has been doing for some time now. Are you privy to any information that you can share with TRF members that substantiate your claim that Kate had not been working for her parents and the job was "invented"? Posting links to unsubstantiated tabloid stories would not be considered appropriate.

I abhor propaganda and that goes for both sides of the story. From the Middletons and from the Press. I did put IMHO which means it is just my opinion, and as Lumut is always saying everyone can have an opinion. There is no way to post links to an opinion.
I am just putting doubts on the fact that Iluv put forward, the suggestion that even though it was announced that Kate was leaving, or had left, her job with the family company she is working in secret for them still. That would be strange to say the least, surely she would not be ashamed of this.
Mainly my reading of tabloids comes from the links posted on this site as I never buy them and the only magazine I have a subscription to is Point de Vue.
Only a fool would believe everything that is written in tabloids and I hope I am not being vain in saying, I am NO fool.

You appear to wish to believe the negative stories in the press whereas I prefer to believe the positive stuff that has come from the family over the years as they are at least in a position to know whereas the press aren't - unless they are in the home and are seeing what she is doing they are simply making it up.

You have chosen to believe one lot of propaganda and me another - and that is all it is - propaganda from the family and the press with one side saying one thing and the other side putting the opposite version on things.

Propaganda is so subtle that often people don't even recognise what it is and assume that it can only be the blatant in your face type of propaganda that the world experienced during the world wars but these days it is way more subtle e.g. in the movies and tv shows as well as in the press.

I am putting a positive spin on things as I don't think any self respecting young woman would simply sit around all day and do nothing in the modern world. I am also pointing out that if she is living with William (and I believe that she is) it doesn't mean that she is no longer working for her parents. The press that are reporting that she is living with William are also the ones saying that she has quit working for the family in order to live with him. I am simply saying that that doesn't necessarily mean that she has had to quit her job as she is supposed to have been working on the website - she can do that and live on the other side of the world let alone the other side of the country.

I really have no idea what she is doing as I don't know so I am only giving my opinion - and based on most people on here I would be in a small minority as that I generally find that most people here are in the - Kate does nothing all day camp based on the same evidence I have - none.

I abhor propaganda and that goes for both sides of the story. From the Middletons and from the Press. I did put IMHO which means it is just my opinion, and as Lumut is always saying everyone can have an opinion. There is no way to post links to an opinion.
I am not doubting that we are all entitled to our opinions, but in post 1698 you accused the Middletons of inventing a job for Kate, even if you prefaced it with an IMHO. What is your basis for this, with or without weblinks?
Mainly my reading of tabloids comes from the links posted on this site as I never buy them and the only magazine I have a subscription to is Point de Vue.
I did not realise Point de Vue had much readership in Maidenhead

I thought it very convenient that soon after Kate Middleton was criticized for not working or getting a job it was announced that she was working for her family business and there was even a photo of her in a pretty dress and high heels actually carrying a box out the door. My opinion is that it was to counterract the accusation of not working and just waiting around that a job was found for her within the family email online business, perhaps now that she has left they have been left shorthanded, it is my opinion and as I said before there is no way to back up an opinion or a gut feeling.
As to Point de Vue being read in Maidenhead, it all depends on one´s education, if one speaks French it is the best magazine to buy. also that is an opinion perhaps others prefer "Femme d´aujourd´huis". I rather like Figaro and Paris Match but for royal and society events Point de Vue is the magazine, and as I have a subscription it is sent to my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom