William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Sky News:
A spokesperson from Clarence House told Sky News the latest claims were "nonsense" and added: "It's nothing new, and there's nothing to it."
Buckingham Palace has also denied that it has "cleared its diary
A senior Royal aide also said William would be training at RAF Valley and at an official engagement on those days.
Prince William And Kate Middleton To Get Engaged In June According To Royal Writer Tina Brown | UK News | Sky News
lpos=UK_News_Article_Related_Content_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15596576_Prince_William_And_Kate_Middleton_To_Get_Engaged_In_June_According_To_Royal_Writer_Tina_Brown

A Spokeman for Clarence House said to Sky News, over a month ago, that the claims were nonsense.

I have never believed that Pr.William was going to end up married to Kate, no matter how much some of the press wants it to happen.

I think they are about to make an announcement

I saw on his royal highness 's site that he had June 12 blank in his diary.I think this could be the engagement announcement to kate middleton.

I saw on his royal highness 's site that he had June 12 blank in his diary.I think this could be the engagement announcement to kate middleton.

Highly unlikely that he would announce an engagement on this day:

a) It is the Trooping the Colour - a major event in the royal calendar with a balcony appearance etc
b) It is only a couple of days before he leaves for a week long tour of SA meaning he would be leaving Kate alone to face the press barrage that week.

Maybe after this tour but not before at this stage I think.

Maybe he is doing what Charles did in 1981 - has proposed but is giving her time to pull out while he is away in SA and the world's attention is on the World Cup and Crown Princess Victoria's wedding (it would be rather rude actually to annouce his engagement this close to Victoria's wedding I think - let her have the royal spotlight for awhile and he can have it next year).

Remember also that William is also in training at the moment so blocked out days could simply mean that he is actually doing what the air force and British taxpayers are paying him to do - train as an SAR helicopter pilot.

I've thought since Day One of this rumour hitting the airwaves it was nothing but that. Rumour.

Now, if a Press Release/Releases from BP, CH and/or St. James Palace (where the Wales boys' official offices are IIRC) had followed along w/that rumour. Then I'd be bouncing around being a very close resemblance to my Disney namesake my nickname comes from. :D

I think it's going to happen, but not this week, but I think it just might happen by the end of the year for some reason.

Will and Kate engagement announcement? Hmmmm, hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hm...so no engagement announcement today? :flowers:
I'm not really surprised.

The funny thing is that I think the tabloids have been going on about Prince William's "imminent engagement" for so long that people think he's really engaged. At least, every time I'm discussing the royal family with someone, they seem to think William and Kate are already engaged. :ermm:

Even if William had planned to announce his engagement today, it is likely to have been postponed by the events in Cumbria. The Queen and Prince Charles have both been involved in publicly expressing sympathies for that, they can hardly be seen immediately switching to celebrating a public engagement announcement.

I think we can safely say, not engagement announcement will come this week.

Goodness people, I woke up at the wee houres of the morning waiting for the announcement. I suppose it is like all "good inside information".........

How would it even happen...does it get leaked to the press a few hours earlier? Do they pose for photographers? Or is it just a statement to the press from the palace and that's it.

How would it even happen...does it get leaked to the press a few hours earlier? Do they pose for photographers? Or is it just a statement to the press from the palace and that's it.

Did you watch the engagement of Victoria of Sweden?
The press would release the story with the permission of the family, then they would release a statement confirming the story. Then press conference, balcony appearance etc.

There goes the reputation of Tina Brown...:wave:

What reputation? ;)

:lol: Tina is the last person I'd trust. On anything really.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second article seems uncanily like the other american article published last week.
The fact that Miss Middleton wants a villa is believeable, but i don't think she would buy one.

BRF engagements tend to be announced to the press who release the information and then there is a photo shoot with some standard type questions.
No real other members of the family present and no balcony or anything like that on engagement day.

Goodness people, I woke up at the wee houres of the morning waiting for the announcement. I suppose it is like all "good inside information".........

i did not believe it. The book of Tina Brown was not good. i have read a lot here, very old threads and it is the same always. I do not think that Kate will be his wive.

Sunday Express has front page feature.... "Royals Insist that Kate Middleton keeps her Silence" Can't see any more as yet...as its only the front pages up on Sky website... but wonder if its warning her to say NOTHING to any journalists enquiring about YOU KNOW WHAT....as if she would anyway !!!!

Kate Middleton 'gagged' by Royals

Kate Middleton is understood to have signed a confidentiality agreement before her anticipated marriage to Prince William to ensure she never sells her story should the couple divorce.

William’s long-term girlfriend is believed to have signed the gagging contract when they briefly broke up in April 2007.

The Sunday Express has learned that royal insiders do not expect them to tie the knot until 2013. Speculation that they plan to marry in 2012 to coincide with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is wide of the mark, according to sources who say Palace staff do not want anything to upstage Her Majesty’s landmark occasion.

i did not believe it.
The book of Tina Brown was not good.

it is the same always.

I do not think that Kate will be his wive.

I don't think she will be his wife either.

Now the latest Express article says possibly 2013 we may see a wedding? It's just more of the same, "waiting. IMO

Also according to the new article she signed a gag order in 2007 just after the break-up. I guess now if they break up, William is protected, no matter what she can't talk. :whistling:

Express.co.uk: William’s long-term girlfriend is believed to have signed the gagging contract when they briefly broke up in April 2007.
The move was orchestrated by Clarence House to protect the second-in-line to the throne should the relationship not go the distance.

I'm a lukewarm watcher of Kate & Wills myself, but I have to say....... as much as I hope you're right, SarahMay, I have to disagree based on logic. I think Kate will be The One. I don't think William would string her along like this if it was otherwise. I used to think that when they were in college, maybe she played along with the decoy game, but somewhere along the way, they got serious about each other. I can't see either one going along with a sham for this long. They have better things to do with their lives. Don't most friends of the royal family sign these confidentiality agreements? What's the big deal?

Most of the staff sign these confidentiality agreement but I haven't heard of any friends signing one and considering the number of leaks from supposed friends I doubt if just friends had to sign these.

So you'd have to sign a confidentiality agreement just to be a "friend" of a royal? Hm...that could get very complicated.

Now William and Kate are getting married in 2013? Wasn't it just a few days ago that everyone was expecting an announcement this month? I really think the press knows absolutely nothing more than we, the public, know.

This is all bull...maybe now Ms. Brown will concoct another story.....

I really think the press knows absolutely nothing more than we, the public, know.
You are so right that we know nothing and the press know that we know nothing so they feed us with tripe and satisfy us until they are able to invent some other plausible story.
Tina Brown has lost some of her limited credibility after saying 3rd or 4th June this year.

2013 has always seemed a more logical date to me given the state of William's military career and the expectations that would be on Kate immediately after marriage. In addition Philip's 90th birthday is something that the Palace, and particularly the Queen will won't to celebrate, (even if Philip would prefer not to). The Queen wouldn't want the marriage of a grandson to over shadow a chance for the nation to celebrate the man who has been by her side since the beginning of her reign. 2012 was always out due to the Jubilee and the Olympics - the government wouldn't want only one lot of tourists coming in instead of two and people would go for both the Olympics and William's wedding but if in the same year probably not.

I am still not convinced even about 2013 as Willam may very well extend his military career another term making it 2017 or so (I have read that somewhere but can't find the reference now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom