William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope that William does NOT marry Kate Middleton. Since I last posted in this forum, I have come across quite a bit of negative incidents that she was a party to and in my opinion, she is not an appropriate match for him. The latest pictures of her, her sister at that wedding showed that the stress of the relationship is taking its toll on her. William did not look at all happy to be with her. I feel that if they were to marry, it would be a far worse outcome than that of his parents. There have been two other long term relationships involving a royal and a "commoner" that ended because it just didn't work out. Why does the British press think that it would be somehow different for Will and Kate? I think he needs to take a "page out of the book" from Princess Madeline of Sweden and decide with his heart, not bowing to the pressure of the media.

Where are your sources for these "negative incidents" you speak of? Just curious because nothing has been posted here and usually everything is posted here.

Also, it's a little short-sighted to draw conclusions from a photograph that is essentially the capture of a millisecond of time. We all have photographs where we don't look very good, but it doesn't mean anything overall. Furthermore, if William had "bowed" to the pressures of the media, he and Kate would be married already.

I think you're making a mountain of a molehill.

Last edited by a moderator:
What proof do you have of a royal and a commoner not having a happy union? Haakon and Mette-Marit are happily married, as are Willem-Alexander and Maxima. Just because Madeleine did not have a happy ending to her relationship with her fiancee does not mean William can't have a happy one with Kate.

Indeed. And what about CP.Mary and her husband...

For the record, I never said that a royal and a commoner could not be happy. I do think it makes it easier if a person is already in that particular social circle as the transition would be easier for the new bride/groom than someone that was not "to the manor born" sort of speak. There are other sources for information about Kate Middleton besides what is posted it in here, including other forums with same topics (ie Royalty).

There are other sources for information about Kate Middleton besides what is posted it in here, including other forums...
Forums aren't sources of information. They link to or repeat information from elsewhere, or make it up. We've had plenty of the latter here.

Kate Middleton prepares for her role as a charitable princess - Telegraph

Kate Middleton has been cruelly mocked as "Waity Katie" for the low profile that she has taken while being courted by Prince William. Now, however, she is preparing to take on a more public role.

Mandrake hears that the 28-year-old graduate has let it be known that she will be available to attend events for a number of charities from the autumn. "Kate's name is already down for certain events," says a royal courtier. "She will take a higher profile before the engagement is announced."

^^
IF i'ts true, maybe there will be a wedding

If this is true, I think Ms. Middleton will be married by 2010's autumn. I still hold to Tina Brown's statement about engagement announced in June.:);):)

Thanks for the link to the Telegraph article -- it would be great to see her raise her public profile by working with more charities. Good practice if she's going to be a royal at some point!

There have been two other long term relationships involving a royal and a "commoner" that ended because it just didn't work out. Why does the British press think that it would be somehow different for Will and Kate? I think he needs to take a "page out of the book" from Princess Madeline of Sweden and decide with his heart, not bowing to the pressure of the media.

All reports suggest that Madeleine decided to end her engagement because her fiance was unfaithful to her. I suppose you're not suggesting that Kate has done the same?

Why do I have the sinking feeling that people are going to accuse her of doing this for PR purposes or for promoting her parents' business?:ermm:
I'd be happy to see her involved with charity work in a public way. For one thing, it would mean that there's definitely a wedding in the works.:flowers:

Because the people who dislike her so much would accuse her of ulterior motives if she saved the entire world from ending, I think! They'll find a way to criticize anything she does, and since that's the case, I think it's better that she go ahead and help people anyway.

Forget the haters. Seriously. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. She can't win with some people, in fact she'll never win with some people. The idea that someone they don't know, will never know and will never even meet could potentially marry someone they don't like....especially when they're not even from England, is not only hilarious but sad.

I hope she does great work.

I'd be happy to see her involved with charity work in a public way. For one thing, it would mean that there's definitely a wedding in the works.:flowers:
Are you really saying that only potential royals work for charities in a public way?

Regardless of Kate's future she has a public profile and can use that to benefit a charity - particularly the one her parents' business already supports without any idea of becoming the wife of Prince William.

I don't see her increasing her support, publicly, for charity as a sign that an engagement is in the works but rather that she realises that she can get publicity for a charity and that is what is needed - afterall that is the reason charities want people with a public profile. They don't all want or need royals or future royals but simply someone with a name at the moment to get them publicity and Kate fits the bill at the moment.

The night Kate took to her throne as the dirty dancing queen | Mail Online

When Prince William, 27, and his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton, 28, returned to the Scottish university town of St Andrews yesterday it was to celebrate the union of another couple.

The pair arrived at St Salvator’s Chapel for the wedding of their friend and former flatmate Oli Baker to Mel Nicholson.

Does ring riddle mean Kate Middleton has finally snagged Prince William?

Rumours are circulating that the wait may finally be over for Kate Middleton after she was apparently spotted wearing an engagement ring.

Prince William’s girlfriend was seen with the ring at Richard Ward’s hairdressing salon in London’s Sloane Square, according to Brides magazine.

Investigations by the Sunday Express at the salon, where 28-year-old Kate is a regular for hair and beauty treatments, revealed that she has not visited in the past week. She has been known to wear a ring resembling an engagement ring on the middle finger of her left hand, but not the “ring” finger.

===========

The poor woman can't even drink tea without someone chasing down the leaves to look for a pattern.

Last edited:
Prince William’s girlfriend was seen with the ring at Richard Ward’s hairdressing salon in London’s Sloane Square, according to Brides magazine.
I am afraid I don´t believe a word of this, especially as the ring was said to be seen at Kate´s hairdresser! She doesn´t look as though she has been to a hairdresser in her lifetime.:ermm:

Thats your opinion that her hair doesn't look groomed.
But to me it does.
It is quite possible that Kate wears a ring on her hand, and that she has been spotted wearing it.
There are a few pictures i think, from a while ago, when she was locked out her house and she was wearing a ring. They mainly discussed the heart keyring given to her by Prince William. They was also some talk, early last year, William gave her a ring as a present or a "relationship" ring of sorts.
I think the main thing is that it's not on her engagement finger, just the press wanting a story.

I do dislike when people take words out of my mouth and twist them. I did not say anything about her grooming I remarked that she did not look like a person who goes often to the hairdresser, if at all. Her hair is long and thick and has a straight cut that looks as though it could be done at home, even for wedddings and other occasions her hair is always the same and what ever anyone else thinks, to me it does not look as though it has the constant care of a hairdresser.

Not everyone goes to the hairdresser constantly. I don't. I only do when I want it colored or when I need it trimmed/cut. Which isn't often. Other than that, I keep it styled at home.

Saying a person doesn't go to the hairdresser often can be construed as saying they don't take pride in their grooming. You may not think that's how it came across, but it did to lumutqueen and it did to me as well. That would be like a photo of Kate appearing with her jeans natty or torn for whatever reason and someone saying "Oh she clearly doesn't go shopping often". It makes it sound like she doesn't take pride in the clothes she wears -- what if the jeans were bought torn and frayed, because that's the style?

The poor woman can't even drink tea without someone chasing down the leaves to look for a pattern.

Sometimes I wonder if Kate is crazy to be in a relationship with William. I know I wouldn't bother dating him if I knew my privacy would be gone, people would be making nasty YouTube videos about me, I couldn't trust anyone and would be suspicious of everyone I meet, the list goes on...

I know some people would say Kate must really love William in order to put up with all of the craziness. But if I were in her shoes, I'd end the relationship because my sanity is more important than that.

I am not implying that Kate is dating William for social climbing purposes, but I do wonder what on earth is she thinking.

I can understand this, because I don't know if I'd be able to handle a relationship with William either. I value my privacy and wouldn't exactly like a bunch of strangers commenting constantly on my hair or my clothes or my family, etc. That said.....you'd have to REALLY love the person to put up with it. Obviously Kate believes that being with William is worth the invasion of her privacy. Honestly, that's very romantic to me.

Kate and Chelsy must really love William and Harry to be in such long relationships with them. To be able to put up with the things people say about you and your family day in and day out because you're in such a high profile relationship love is the only way that can get you through it. Any other motive is ridiculous.

I have to agree with you on this point, Wisteria. Kate is 28 years old and she definitely needs to do something else with all of that hair. At the very least, it appears that it needs a good and thorough cutting, perhaps a little thinning , as well. I do Not mean a short hair-cut by any means. Just my humble opinion...

I agree Westria, it looks healthy enough but she should do something with it ...an updo is always nice when wearing a gown...for a public function... this is my opinion no need to comment on it.///keep your own....

What's the big deal?? I actually think her hair and hat looks nice. The dress almost looks like a spring coat though. I think the problem with Kate is that she's just plain. Even with the nicest dress and hat on she looks plain.

I do dislike when people take words out of my mouth and twist them...
Every time we say something or write something others have to interpret what we are saying.

When you write something some people interpret what you are saying the way you meant it to be but others take the same words and interpret them differently. It is called 'comprehension' and we all do it all day and we do it differently based on our understanding of the words themselves and our understanding of the person writing/saying the words.

You are therefore wrong when you say your words don't need interpretation as we all interpret your words, my words and everyone else's words.

No, of course not. Charity has traditionally been the work of the wealthy (and aristocracy and royalty) and the church. I do believe, though, that there is going to be a change in Kate's status considering that she's taking this step and allowing it to be made known. That could be an engagement, or it could mean that she's doing this as a completely independent woman, i.e. breakup.

Are you really saying that only potential royals work for charities in a public way?

QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom