William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense I said will be if not aready so when Wills is King no one will be paying his taxes right! And if this wasn't that much money as you say why do the british public want to get rid of the BRF??? :whistling:

The majority of the British public do NOT want to get rid of the royal family.

When some complain about how much it costs they do so out of ignorance about how much is spent and who is actually paid by the taxpayers - only the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

The rest are supported either directly by the Queen from the Duchy of Lancaster estate or by Charles from the Duchy of Cornwall estate.

Both the Queen and Charles also pay taxes on that income.

I am almost starting to wonder if the comments Will made in January weren't just to get people to be quiet. He probably wait until at least 2011 to get engaged and maybe wait a year or two to get married. I do hope it works out for the two of them, but I have seen people who have been together for years break up nd never get married. Look at Prince Carl Phillip and his girlfriend. Sad but true. It almost makes up wonder if the time together wasn't wasted.

i liked Prince Carl gf:sad:.But your right this is one of the many examples of the man not wanting to marry the girl to begin with.And no one can say the press was pressing Prince Carl.

Last edited by a moderator:
i liked Prince Carl gf:sad:.But your right this is one of the many examples of the man not wanting to marry the girl to begin with.And no one can say the press was pressing Prince Carl.

You don't know that. No one knows that. You shouldn't pass speculation off as fact. No one knows why Carl Philip and Emma broke up, nor do we know why William and Kate aren't engaged yet. We're not supposed to be privy to those things, as it's none of our concern.

I just really hope we don't have to wait too long before there is an engagement announcement at least. I have had alot of patience with these two but it's wearing thin. I still love them both though. I would just appreciate it if they moved the show along just a bit.

I think everyone would like to see that, since it feels like we've known William since he was a baby. It's kind of like watching someone you've known all your life grow up and go through life. I would love to see William and his brother get married, but as we've seen with royals in his own family......he should get married on his own time, when he and Kate (if that's who he marries) feel like, and not a moment sooner.

I don't know how the wind looks but still .... it there and it called the royalforum ok and please stop trying to boss me if you don't like my opinion go on to the next person cause your making this dramatic and your the one coming at me.F.Y.I I never said it was fact I said my opinion.

I don't understand what you're saying. I was responding to something you've said, the same as what everyone else in this thread has done with other people that have posted. I'm not "bossing" you around, nor am I instructing you to do anything.

What I said was, you don't know why Carl Philip and Emma broke up, the same as I don't. And neither of us know why William and Kate are not married at the present. So you shouldn't say you do know, when you don't. That would be like me saying I know what you ate for dinner, when I don't know you and clearly have no idea what you ate for dinner, yet insisting that I know you had pizza anyway.

I just wish the pres would stop printing the hundreds of articles about when they will be engaged. You almost can find any other info on the web about the british monarchy except engagement stories.

Well yeah, I agree. They could find something more worthwhile to talk about, but this kind of stuff sells. The average consumer would be more likely to buy a magazine/paper with an article about a rumored engagement than say, an article about the Queen opening an exhibit somewhere.

William shouldn't marry Kate just to keep the press from running stories about when or if they'll get married sometime in the next decade. He shouldn't dump her for that either, because that'll make him look like a cad, and hardly the image he wants people to have of him.

Look we wouldn't be talkin that much about bout her if she woudn't have done that clown thing ill find a link but William should make a deal with the press like they did when he went to school ok that way they lleave her alone and give the rest of us some reading enagements some peace.

We wouldn't be talking about her at all if she wasn't William's girlfriend. It doesn't really matter what it is she does or does not do for a living, the sheer fact she's dating the future King of England makes her newsworthy, whether or not we personally agree with that fact.

The truth is, Kate has lasted this long, despite all the press and paparazzi intrusions into her and her family's lives. That says a lot right there. If she couldn't hack it, or if William thought she wasn't wife-material, they wouldn't be together right now.

I don't think William's intervention would work, but yeah. I think the press would just laugh and move on with the next big article. I guess tht's why Kate sued so she can finally get some peace.
That has to be some serious love right there or stupidity. LOL just kidding!

or.......... she could be someone he's know since school you sweethearts and maybe he doesn't want to get to know someone else... and here that link Is Prince Charles to blame for William's reluctance to marry Waity Katie? | Mail Online
and you we shall c if Mr.william wants to ring kate or not. Or if they last after their married either way I think not .

I don't think William's intervention would work, but yeah. I think the press would just laugh and move on with the next big article. I guess tht's why Kate sued so she can finally get some peace.
They simpily paid and their going to remeber and take it out on her when she a Princess if she gets that far or their keep making up lies and Wills can make some deals like if you leave Katie alone we're give a interview if we get engaged.:flowers:

They did make an interesting point in the article about him not testing the waters much, but Hey maybe he loves her that much.

They did make an interesting point in the article about him not testing the waters much, but Hey maybe he loves her that much.
Point and we all know what happen when a man stays with a woman for a long time and never really dates anyone else and gets married ..... ill let yall fill in the blank if your not in fairytale land you won't end well.

LOL maybe everything will turn out gret in the end for them whether they are together or with other people.

True but this is a different genertion with different ideas and values. I would hope none of the young royals make the mistakes of their parents. Then ppl really would be tired of the British monarchy

Yeah but history has a way of repeating but wondering if them being under the scope is stoping them from marrying

I'd hope not, but probably. My feeling is that you can't stop living just cuz there are obstacles in your way. Even if the obstacle is a swarming mass of photographers lol.

kate did stop living because she doesn't really do anything besides be Williams gf I wishshe would do something anything

whats a Gentry

it would probably make her look better, but she works for her family business doing something I forgot the job title.

A gentry has to do withlandowners, upper class, almost nobility. Way to go!

Now we are off-topic. What do you think about the articles speculating about how the wedding will be, in Scotland, what dress, what photographer/

Hey what are the opinions of the everyday average brit on Kate Middleton.

POINT just get it over with! Marry her or dump her or hide her watever .:bang:

While your impatience appears to be understandable, I for one don't want to see William pushed into a marriage only because people would like to see a royal wedding, but rather because he has found a woman he really loves...

While your impatience appears to be understandable, I for one don't want to see William pushed into a marriage only because people would like to see a royal wedding, but rather because he has found a woman he really loves...

Yea I understand can't they keep the relationship under wrapps if no wedding going to happen anytime soon??And heck I really think he should try dating other people

Yea I understand can't they keep the relationship under wrapps if no wedding going to happen anytime soon??And heck I really think he should try dating other people

I think they do that. We don't see them holding hands, kissing each other or whatever. Yes, there was the video of a kiss, from last year, but apart from that they most of the time appear as, well, "friends". I think they are very discreet...

I meant holiday wise.And I know kate wants to be seen with Wills but really

Why should William date other people if he thinks that Kate is The One? No doubt he's had a chance to meet quite a few girls over the years, girls who'd be more than willing to date a prince.

Several posts, including but not limited to ones regarding the popularity of the monarchy, have been deleted as off-topic.

wbenson
British Forums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom