William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate is the star of the family she is very close to nabbing the most eligible bachelor in the world and they are not going to let her break her nails working hard you can be fairly sure of that.
Well that's too bad, it worked for Cinderella and Snow White. Of course Kate doesn't have to share her house with 7 smelly little men.

conny if she going to be a princess she better start being unboring cause I personally don't have to pay for the brf but many say after the queen and maybe charles the brf is done so might want to put on a show

Good post Idriel.

I don't see Kate as Queen material either. :nonono:
It doesn't matter what she does (working, charity) at this point as it would seem rather contrived anyway. She should have done those things properly and established herself earlier in the relationship.

I'm still holding out hope that William will find someone new and better. How exciting that would be if he showed up somewhere with a new girl on his arm!! *woot*
Then we wouldn't have to talk about Waity Katey anymore!

Well, we don't know for sure what she's going to be like if she marries William. She could completely change that work-ethic.

We assume we don't know Kate, but the truth is she continues to be an empress in waiting. Within this forum I've come close to the every details concerning the happenings of our Royals' life depicted here by reportings of news' sources, events and commentary. I don't post much but read avidly as I get enthused about people who are or can be figures of answers to countrymen's harbors.

Reading about Kate and William here lately I must say I got a jolt. And I imagine in one way or another so did the British Royals. Word spread that a wedding might be announced and I really smiled even though there may be little if no truth to this. I actually got a taste of the spectacle that may ensue given this plays out. Regardless of it being a lie I was really awestruck and happy for a while.

I like all this romp and pomp, but I get the feeling that many people might not understand that Kate has been a Princess in waiting for so long. That being said, anywhere she goes and anything she does is open to critique as a public figure that theoretically she is. Although she has chosen to remain reclusive in some aspect she may well be preparing to one day be regent and an actual authentic Royal. That to us in our World is a mystery but even if she chooses no full time employment or commits herself to some tangible work ethic she may well be pressured by fate and circumstance to fill the Royal blue blood moto by simply being Kate the romantic to Britain's Crown Prince. Those shoes must be hard to fill both of Will and Kate. So as far as I'm concerned she can do no wrong shall we say. But who knows?

Anyway, as far as we're comparing her to Disney characters I think the one woman Kate reminds me of is Wonder Woman. They both fly in jets and wear beautiful crowns and arm pieces. And you know she really lassos the guy. Just kidding. hehe

I don't understand why there's the assumption that Kate doesn't work full-time for Party Pieces. If she ever makes an appearance--for example, on the website--suggesting that she DOES work there, she gets torn to shreds. This thread has become so negative that it's become an uncomfortable place for those who prefer to give Kate the benefit of the doubt. :ermm:

It must have been those skimpy little hotpants got Penny R mixed up. LOL:

I don't see Kate as Queen material either. :nonono:
Well, frankly, I used to think so but I don't know anymore.
When I think about what happened with Camilla I think I've just been fooling myself and upholding the BRF to outdated standards that bear little resemblance to reality.

Camilla's own curriculum vitae (a blank sheet with her contact details at the top) makes Kate look like a workaholic (to her defence, Camilla was a woman from another time), and she came in with the worst PR imaginable.
Yet, five years on she is, it seems to me, an accepted and even respected member of the BRF.
If Camilla can fit in both with the BRF and the British public with no particular problem, there is no reason why Kate, who is better educated, has more experience of the real world and despite the ongoing criticism about her lack of direction has much (much) better PR, can't.
This thread has become so negative that it's become an uncomfortable place for those who prefer to give Kate the benefit of the doubt. :ermm:
This is but a momentary flux. This thread is actually positive towards Kate, but like often happens in Internet forums, when a negative message is posted, other negative messages are posted in quick succession.
I see it all the time, and it won't last.

It must have been those skimpy little hotpants got Penny R mixed up. LOL:
Those darned hot pants'll getcha everytime! :whistling:

Anybody know how many languages Kate speaks? Just curious.

Look no one takin bad bout katie the waity the fact is that any man that hasn't married you in I don't knw three years isn't going to william and the queen knows that kate doesn't have what it takes to be queen! Otherwise thedy would have been married! And camillaactually did charities before she married the prince of wales.

Look no one takin bad bout katie the waity the fact is that any man that hasn't married you in I don't knw three years isn't going to william and the queen knows that kate doesn't have what it takes to be queen! Otherwise thedy would have been married! And camillaactually did charities before she married the prince of wales.

I think it's rather presumptuous to say you know what William and/or the Queen think about anything, including Kate. The truth is we DON'T know what goes through any of their heads, about anything, on any given day. William has said he doesn't see himself marrying before he's 30, and since the two of us are two weeks apart in age, that means he's got 2 years to go.

Not everyone dates for 3 months and then gets hitched. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her fiance Daniel have been together nearly as long as William and Kate have been, and they're getting married. So yeah, long relationships don't always mean that neither party doesn't want to get married to the other.

I am sorry to say I believe it is presumptuous to say that we are presumptuous as some posters on this forum have probably never been closer to any royal than turning a magazine page so talking about any of them is presumption and of course this thread is called rumours and musings.
Prince William and Kate seem to have already been hitched, but not married. One of my doubts about William is exactly the point that you have mentioned, so far he
hasn´t put his foot down and said Kate is non negotiable as a few royals have done lately. Perhaps he doesn´t want to marry her, and if he doesn´t it has nothing to do with anyone else but himself, if Kate is willing to accept the role of royal confidante then everything is fine, perhaps her family will be a bit disappointed and I am fairly confidant that if Kate were asked to be a Princess she would be over the moon, with her family jumping right behind her.

Look the point is that kate has no ring.And and who cares if we've never meant a royal????:bang: we are voicing our opinion ok and if you don't like it stop reading! Kate is becoming a joke it's not like she's 21 and he's goin on 30! Her time is ticking and everyone knows it! I wish William would dump her!I hope Wills isn't turing into a Prince Albert:whistling:

Look the point is that kate has no ring.And and who cares if we've never meant a royal????:bang: we are voicing our opinion ok and if you don't like it stop reading! Kate is becoming a joke it's not like she's 21 and he's goin on 30! Her time is ticking and everyone knows it! I wish William would dump her!I hope Wills isn't turing into a Prince Albert:whistling:

Are you seriously comparing Prince Albert of Monaco, at 52 with Prince William, aged 27?

She just meant that he may become like Prince Albert if he keeps this up.

Well, let's see what facts we have regarding miss Middleton...
great post, you voiced you opinion (and mine!) very well indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
great port, you voiced you opinion (and mine!) very well indeed!

Its certainly a collage that can be painted selecting bits from all the tabloid fodder out there.

All data about when she graduated, when she started rowing training etc etc can be verified by going through fairly reliable magazines such as "Hello" etc. No one can deny that she was training on those days, she posed for pictures! No one can deny her going to certain parties (she has been seen going in and coming out, and there are photographs with dates and time as proof).
I'm curious to see how the paparazzi missed taking pictures of her doing anything "substantial". If we cannot conclusively say she does "nothing", then we cannot conclusively say that she "does substantial work for her parents". Therefore we will interpret the "social pictures" the way our common sense allows us to. Others can do so the way their common (and visionary) senses allow them to. Disagree however much you will, we are all free to state our opinions and speculations, and our interpretations of news that everyone reads.

Royalsmartie. Kate isn´t royal. She is only Williams girlfriend. But boring, yes.

Royalsmartie wrote "royal to be"

Anyway if Kate stepped up her charity work the press would have a field day, that would be an automatic sign that she was nearer to being a royal wife.
Yes she has done lots of charity work in the past, and to say stop going on holiday and do charity work, she's been on one holiday this year, skiing and before that it was last August.

Perhaps we should start calling these little "outings" breaks, as her life seems to be one long holiday at least to other people who work for their living.
I am afraid that I agree completely with Royalsmartie, I hope he "dumps" her and finds someone more suitable. It is true lumutqueen she isn´t royal, she is a royal "wannabe".
She has done a lot of charity work in the past you say, can you let us in on this, I can´t remember anything except the skating rink and the canoe almost ride. Anyway why should she do charity work, work would be enough to start her off on the right path.

Guys, the tone and content is becoming a touch bitchy.
Let's not go down that path.

Warren
British Forums moderator

That 'might' be hard to keep a secret for long. I believe it [marriage] tends to have official documentation as a by-product, amongst other things, this can therefore be traced. If any "Journo" worth 'their salt' was 'on the case' then I believe it would be found out sooner than later.

That 'might' be hard to keep a secret for long. I believe it [marriage] tends to have official documentation as a by-product, amongst other things, this can therefore be traced. If any "Journo" worth 'their salt' was 'on the case' then I believe it would be found out sooner than later.

It was a joke :lol:

If Camilla can fit in both with the BRF and the British public with no particular problem, there is no reason why Kate, who is better educated, has more experience of the real world and despite the ongoing criticism about her lack of direction has much (much) better PR, can't.

I am certain that the moment an engagement is announced, Kate will become an overnight sensation internationally. Media will make a big deal about her and I can't imagine she will have many problems taking on the role. And like you say, with her education, she should have no problems speaking and charming people...coupled with being young and beautiful.

...calling those who disagree with your views 'fools' is plain rude.
Let's set this one straight. Charlotte1 did not refer to any member as a "fool". She used the common and general English language expression "more fool those" in reference to those who believe rumours and to those who believe everything they read.

Within both the context and positioning of the term in the post it is obviously meant in a general way. This may not be evident to some members unfamilar with the usage of such expressions.

If I were Kate, I would be saying, put a ring on it or I'm out of here. Am I going to be your play thing forever?

It is possible that Kate and William have discussed marriage and that she is the one who wants to wait. Or they might both want to wait. They might both be happy as larks with the situation as it is, and be putting off marriage and the boring public stuff that comes with it for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom