William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think the wedding expansion is a business decision and is timely with the impending wedding season. Otherwise, it only underscores the unsuitability of the Middletons to be Royal in-laws as they appear to be cashing in on their Royal associations.

Business or not, it does seems that the Middletons are a bit tone deaf to PR; as they were to put Kate on their website with her "interview" after suing a photographer for breech of privacy for photographing her on Christmas Day on a public footpath.

By now, they should know that EVERYTHING they do will be put under the microscope and will reflect on Kate. After all this time (7 years) one would think they would be more cautious. :bang:

There is obviously deep significance to this move. What innocent motive could there be for a party supply company selling wedding favors? :ROFLMAO:
Wait until the newspapers discover that Party Pieces sells party supplies for CHILDREN. It can only mean one thing...

Wait until the newspapers discover that Party Pieces sells party supplies for CHILDREN. It can only mean one thing...

Warren, I can count on you for a good laugh. Thank you!:);):)

Queen spends a lovely bubbly £30k on vintage Champagne The Queen has splashed out on 300 bottles of vintage bubbly at £100 a pop - sparking speculation Prince William is to propose to girlfriend Kate Middleton.
Boy, the press will say anything for readership. Don't you think the lovely, bubbly Champagne is probably for the Queen's own 60th year on the throne?

Kate Middleton's parents drop huge hint to Prince William | The Sun |News|Royals
Kate Middleton's parents have dropped a huge hint to Prince William - by selling a new range of WEDDING FAVORS.

There is obviously deep significance to this move. What innocent motive could there be for a party supply company selling wedding favors? :ROFLMAO:

I have been thinking about all the moves the Middletons have done since Christmas. Everything with this last piece of selling wedding favors makes sense now and the law suit. The Middletons have a party email company in a recession and has expanded to other themes to sell more. What is WRONG with that? The law suit was correct because it was a private family Christmas. I think bringing the next generation of Middletons into the business brought more creative ideas. Good for you Kate, Pippa and James. James, I hope to buy a cake from you someday. Maybe my 30th Wedding Anniversary next year. Can you ship to the US and give me a discount? I will have to look at the website for idea for my cake. Kate keep up the good photograph and musing about childhood parties. The media will love it and bring more attention to your family business. That's what the media is doing. The Middletons are smart. Ms Kate Middleton is a good advertiser without cashing in on her royal relationship. The media is making them well known for party stuff. A win win if you know what I mean. Good to you all! :);):)

Lets all wait and see what happens....June 3 and 4th is over an month away... the stories that could fly from this are endless... great article ...

We have been there before, and there is absolutely no certainty that this is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
I don't believe it, but... stranger things have happened

^
I don't believe it, but... stranger things have happened

Logic would suggest that an engagement should be announced fairly soon, but IMO the time frame is for an engagement / wedding is some time in the next 12-18 months,

I just don't believe he is going to marry anytime soon. He is too young. But as I said it can happen :ermm:

Wow! June 3 & 4, that's so soon! IF it's true, I can't wait for an announcement!

I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.

I am bouncing off the walls with excitement already! And it hasn't happened yet! LOL

Maybe William and Kate will attend Victoria's wedding as their first event as an engaged couple.

I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.

Haha, I knew this story would come up after Gordon Brown went to the Queen :cool:

But btw, I intend to believe that something might be happening too ... the snow pics were quite an indication, Wills and the Middleton Clan getting cozy.

I hope this rumor will be true but again, I do think we'll all be surprised when the engagement is announced! If it's announced one day!

The story of Tina Brown is really based on nothing and my expectations are also based on nothing but if you ask me, I don't think there will be a wedding in the next few years.
I think Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton won't marry before 2013...:sad:
And I also think that Tina Brown is wrong about the wedding location, given the fact that William is a future King, I believe that St George's Chapel at Windsor is too modest for such a wedding.
For Prince Charles it was the right location for his second wedding, but I think world- and media-attention for William's wedding will be massive and the Chapel at Windsor is just not suitable for that.
In my opinion there are just 2 locations suitable for this event: Westminster Abbey or St. Pauls' Cathedral.
Regardless which wedding venue they choose; memories are unavoidable for William (Westminster Abbey = his mothers' funeral) (St.Pauls' Cathedral = his parents wedding) but that happens for all of us. How many children do marry in the church in which their parents married or were buried?

I don´t think this is going to happen, it´s just another story in a my mind.
But hey ho, they may prove me wrong. :)

I am a romantic and would love to hear of an upcoming wedding. But the Queen does do a few things privately. She has 4 children, and 8 grandchildren, any of which she might want some private time with. But again a wedding would be fun......

Its difficult to tell, but the one thing I am sure of is that William will surprise us with the timing, whenever that might be.

As regards the suitability of St George's, my concern would be whether Windsor can cope with the crowds, and if a suitable secure route can be found that would allow enough opportunity for visiting crowds to see the couple. I don't think St Pauls will be used for fear of the obvious comparisons with his parents, as well as the length of the ceremonial route. The other contenders are the Abbey or the Guards Chapel where the Diana Memorial was held. They are both close to Buckingham Palace , and can be suitably secure. There may not be a history of using Guards Chapel for royal weddings, but William appears quite capable of challenging convention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness! So much hoopla about this. If I was William or for that matter, Kate, I would be so over this "engagment annoucement" thing!
It even made Good Morning America this morning, with a reporter in front of Buckingham Palace, on what could possible be, the annoucement of a life time. Geez! I just wish they would lay off these kids and let them get on with their lives. If and when they decided to get engaged, then it's up to them how and when they want to announce it.
I know it's good news right now, and everyone wants/needs to hear something happy, but sheesh, why push them towards it if they/he is not ready for it. At this point, he is probably thinking he will ask her just to get things over with, and I can't say that I would blame him. And to be asked for your hand in marriage under duress would suck!

Prince William Set to Propose to Kate Middleton?

"We don't comment on speculation," CNN was told by William's official residence, Clarence House, while Britain's Telegraph reported that a spokesman for St. James's Palace declined to comment, and quoted a source as saying that any suggestion of Buckingham Palace's preparing for November nuptials was "wide of the mark."

Prince William Set to Propose to Kate Middleton? - Engagements, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com

I actually have a lot of respect for Tina Brown having just finished up "The Diana Chronicles" she's very even handed so I am of the mind she is onto something here.
The BRF might have chosen St. Georges because of the hew and cry over how much it costs for protection officers for the young royals, Air Miles Andy and co. --IF they have chosen it, that is. And they can always change venues if they want. They ARE the BRF after all. . . :D

I am afraid I think anyone who believes this saga is going to on until 2013 are mistaken.....another three years of waity katie..... I don't think so !! It would really be making a fool of the girl. No.... I think we are definitely onto something here...there is an air of truth to this latest speculation, and makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

1. As a senior royal, William's wedding will obviously attract a very prestigious guest list, everything will have to go to plan... and getting it all done and dusted before a funeral (sorry Philip, it has to be said!) puts a spanner in the works would be very important, not to mention the fact that I am sure he would dearly love both his grandparents to be present.

2. A winter wedding suggests a more low key air to it, rather than the idea of thousands lining the streets on a summer day. In this time of recession and perhaps for their own personal choice, a more low key affair might well be the way to do it.

3. Lets not forget Zara Phillips in all this. She too is queueing up for her big day, and given that all her attentions in 2012 will be on the Olympics and her participation one presumes, then freeing up 2011 for her to have her wedding would solve another problem. She and William seem to be very close and I could see him allowing her the summer ceremony next year.

4. Well........ its just time, isnt it.... simple as. Can't wait to see the ring.....though I imagine its a bit soon to hand down the blue sapphire....that will have to wait a few generations until the bad luck associated with it has wained !!!

I'm hoping this is it. It has been a long time, and its time for those two to get hitched. Like Miss Garnett said, any more longer, and Kate looks like a fool (if she doesn't already).

I have been reading all the post. And Muriel, Zonk and Mr. Garnett post stand out with reasons for this engagement/wedding this year. Read these 3 posts.

I would like to add:
1. I believe his training will be over, so and his work life will start. Why not be married too? It would be a good beginning for the couple to adjust and maybe be away from the limelight.

2. Tina Brown has a reputation to up hold. Why did she talk out now, if she didn't know something?

3. The Queen's just recently order a lot of bubbly, expensive champagne.

4. I read somewhere recently that Prince William addressed Mr. Middleton as Dad. I thought what a sense of humor the Prince has.

5. The smart Middleton's recently getting into the wedding business. Think about all the confetti they could sell. (They might be able to retire.) I think Prince William's and Ms. Middleton's sense of humor and business sense is coming through if they are getting engaged/married this year. I would image James will make one of the wedding cakes. I sure would buy some confetti from the Middletons. Prince Charles probably thought the Middleton/Prince William correct in capitalizing on the event. He might even to some Dutchy stuff for the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom