William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry has already missed at least two Christmases due to being on duty and Philip missed one in the 1950s because he was on the great round the world cruise that took him to all those faraway little islands that the Queen visited on the 1954 tour. I mention this because there is a precedent for royal men to miss Sandringham and Philip was already the father of two young children.

Last edited:
So much for Katie Nicholl's credibility with all her stories about William asking the Queen at Christmas for permission to marry Catherine...
Although I believe they will marry next year, I never bought the 'Charles & Diana version' of events for William and Catherine.
By that I mean; asking permission for marriage at Christmas, an engagement announcement in February and a wedding in July.
I think William will be very careful not to make comparisons with the story of his parents.

I would have though William would have wanted to spend christmas with his family. I'm slightly dissappointed by this, not because of the no engagement. Just that he won't be with his family.

Maybe we should get rid of the idea of William the (Royal) family man and see that there is a young professional who has just finished his education as an SAR-pilot and is now keen to start working. Think of the numerous policemen, nurses, doctors and other service staff who year after year spend christmas working. As William has been in the army for years it has always been a privilege for him to spend christmas with his family year after year. Not all soldiers are that lucky. So it's no big deal that he has to stay at the base. In fact, I can even believe he is looking forward to it as miraculous things can happen on a christmas night when your job is helpng and rescuing people.... Maybe a new baby will be born while you are flying the mother to the hospital.... Or you save somebody after an accident - isn't that a greater christmas feeling than spending xmas with Granny at Sandringham?

So much for Katie Nicholl's credibility with all her stories about William asking the Queen at Christmas for permission to marry Catherine...
Although I believe they will marry next year, I never bought the 'Charles & Diana version' of events for William and Catherine.
By that I mean; asking permission for marriage at Christmas, an engagement announcement in February and a wedding in July.
I think William will be very careful not to make comparisons with the story of his parents.

Katie Nicholls will br right either way as this story today is also one of hers - she certainly knows how to get it right - give every version of poosible events and she can then say - see I was right!

Harry has already missed at least two Christmases due to being on duty and Philip missed one in the 1950s because he was on the great round the world cruise that took him to all those faraway little islands that the Queen visited on the 1954 tour. I mention this because there is a precedent for royal men to miss Dandringham and Philip was already the father of two young children.

Harry has missed 2 christmases at Sandringham and William has already missed one. The Christmas Harry was in Afghanistan, William stayed on duty in the barracks at Windsor. The then Princess Elizabeth and DoE missed either Charles' 2nd or 3rd Christmas as they remained in Malta. Charles spent it with his grandparents.

The Philips children now alternate Christmas, they don't attend every year and it seems they want to spend christmas with their partners' families as well.

I would have though William would have wanted to spend christmas with his family. I'm slightly dissappointed by this, not because of the no engagement. Just that he won't be with his family.

I'm sure he'd love to be attending the festivities with his family also. I do think it is kind of nice how they work it so that the crew members that do have wives and children are given priority for time off for the holidays. If William has volunteered to be on duty, it raises my opinion of him.

We actually don't know if he will be The Prince of Wales, given the growing nationalism in Wales. Charles, I suspect will seek the views if the Welsh Parliament and other leading Welshmen at the time and will guided by them.

I think it is a pretty foregone conclusion that William will be Prince of Wales once Charles is King.

Whilst there is a small Welsh nationalist movement, it is not really a substantial political force, and unlikely to be a hinderance.

I think it is a pretty foregone conclusion that William will be Prince of Wales once Charles is King.

Whilst there is a small Welsh nationalist movement, it is not really a substantial political force, and unlikely to be a hinderance.

I agree. There would no doubt be protests from a small group of extremists, just as there was during Prince Charles' investiture. However, I don't see where this would prevent a King Charles from investing William as the next Prince of Wales.

I agree. There would no doubt be protests from a small group of extremists, just as there was during Prince Charles' investiture.

I would not go far enough to call some of these people extremeists, but Welsh nationalism is not really a mainstream political issue

Would it go far with the Welsh people if William made an effort to learn the language and concentrate on the issues the Welsh face?

Would it go far with the Welsh people if William made an effort to learn the language and concentrate on the issues the Welsh face?

I think too that perhaps being a resident of Wales for at least the next three years will give William insight into the issues and the people of Wales. Who knows? Maybe after the three years are up he may decide to stay in Wales. It would be kind of nice to have a Prince of Wales that actually does live (even if only part time like Charles has Highgrove) in Wales. :)

I stop reading any stories about Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement. Only if this story will be confirmed then I will read again. I simply got tired from all these magazines and tabloids recycling their story every year. Same title, same story but different date and year. Although I still love looking at William and Kate every time their picture appears; they look awesome together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom