William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The incident grace marie mentions happened several months ago, during Issa fashion show: Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie were allegedly asked to move to 'make space' for Pippa Middleton in the front row, which they refused to do.
I believe the incident did indeed take place (there were pictures from the show to prove it), however I doubt it should be regarded as a 'snub' for Pippa or an indicator of Kate Middleton's level of acceptance into the Royal Family.

Kate, Pippa, Beatrice, Eugenie and Chelsy have been moving in the same circle of friends for ages, independent of who was/is dating whom.

Last edited:
Here's what I was able to dig up on the "fashion show" story. It was from Katie Nicholl: Beatrice and Eugenie snub Kate's sister in fashion show stand-off.

The problem with the story was this: Nicholl wrote that "Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie snubbed the 23-year-old party hostess at a recent Issa fashion show and refused to make space for her in the front row," adding, "In the end, she had to find another seat that wasn’t in the front row."

Except that another Mail article by Tamara Abraham, written about the very same Issa show, included a photo of Pippa clearly sitting in the front row: Beatrice and Eugenie get it right at the Issa fashion show as Naomi struts the catwalk. Scroll down -- it's the last picture included.

Nicholl apparently wasn't at the show to see the so-called "snub," and her source was wrong about where Pippa was sitting. It was all just more royal "news" silliness designed to fill column inches and try to sell papers, IMO.

(Also, I find it really hard to believe that anyone would ask two HRHs to "move up" in the first place...)

:previous::) I could see how Uncle Gary might be an issue in their relationship, but it does seem a bit of a stretch to think that whether or not his cousins gets along with his girlfriend's sister would make any difference. Do they even spend that much time with their cousins?

Here's a question. Would Fergie be invited to either William or Harry's wedding? Also, 100 years ago, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pretty high up on the list of possible brides for William and Harry!! Fergie as mother of the Queen, now there's an image not worth imagining!
I agree that William shouldn't be pushed into marrying until he's ready, but the longer he remains unmarried, the greater the possibility that there's a recurrence of the Charles situation from the early 1980's where the pool of candidates for a wife is either much younger than the groom or the same age as the groom, which then brings up other issues, including the dreaded biological clock.
You really have to feel sorry for William and whoever he marries. One of his main roles in life right now is to have children. That's got to mess up any relationship!

Here's a question. Would Fergie be invited to either William or Harry's wedding? Also, 100 years ago, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pretty high up on the list of possible brides for William and Harry!! Fergie as mother of the Queen, now there's an image not worth imagining!

I think that Sarah, Duchess of York would definitely be invited to the wedding of both William and Harry as she is the mother of their first cousins and is still on very good terms with their uncle (might even be regarded as his partner).

I couldn't imagine William or Harry marrying either Beatrice or Eugenie but I could imagine both of them dying without legitimate issue, considering their current occupations and their enjoyment of dangerous activities, and thus Fergie as the Mother of the Queen.

I think Fergie would be invited to there weddings. The chance of William and Harry marrying their first cousins nowadays is very very slim. They are very close to their cousins in a brotherly manner.
I can't see either William nor Harry dying childless, and whoever they marry will have to understand that as heir and spare they have to produce children. Or the unthinkable, Fergie would be mother to the Queen, Queen Beatrice. :flowers:

Oh no!!! Fergie as Queen Mum. I'm in shock, it's quite possible, but I'd never even entertained the idea before.

Can we stay on topic...this thread isn't about British succession, and Fergie.

Thank you.

Zonk
British Forums moderator

I was wondering when is that weekend when Kate is supposed to talk face to face with the Queen???
It's supposed to be on august right??

I was wondering when is that weekend when Kate is supposed to talk face to face with the Queen???
It's supposed to be on august right??

Yes, but it is difficult to say with any level of certainty whether such a meeting ever takes place!

Well, the royal family is up in Balmoral for August, so I'm sure if Kate Middleton is seen at Aberdeen airport or Ballater train station, the tabloids will fall over themselves trying to get pictures and an "insider" story.
The only thing that would get the press in more of a frenzy would be seeing Kate come out of some exclusive Harley Street ob/gyn's office!

The only thing that would get the press in more of a frenzy would be seeing Kate come out of some exclusive Harley Street ob/gyn's office!

Or an engagement announcement. That would knock them off their feet. :flowers:

[Originally Posted by lac2003
Or an engagement announcement. That would knock them off their feet. :flowers:

If that happens it will make the press looking sooooo stupid and the royal family will have laugh their socks off :flowers:

I know this will sound flippant and you can't hurry love etc, but oh I do hope the British Royal Family gets a move on and announces something/anything exciting and positive soon - all the good news, fun and excitement has been happening in Scandinavia over the last few years and there is never anything of a positive note from Great Britain! Seeing the Queen just once a year at Christmas and the occassional architectural/organic vegetable row in the news with The Prince of Wales is simply not good enough! :rolleyes2:

Well, you have to be satisfied with the minor royals then :D The marriages of Peter Philips, the Gloucester-girls, the upcoming of Lord Frederick Windsor... And now maybe soon an engagement of Zara Philips. But I think, there will be lots of fun, news and excitement when William and Harry will marry. Whenever that will be - but I'm sure, it will come :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you imagine the two brothers getting engaged at the same time-let's say within 6 months or a year,for example-like the Swedish royal sisters?That is what I would call "fun"!

I don't know as it was a big surprise to me that the engagement of Madeleine came so quick after Victorias :) Who knows - I think this generation of Royals is good for surprises and maybe the british also!

Don't want to be stupid, but: does a meeting with the Queen really mean that an engagement will follow soon? I mean, yes, she takes the relationship more seriously IF she will meet Miss Middleton, but maybe she only wants to take a look herself on the girl everybodys talking about?? :flowers:

I don't think that Kate's meeting with HM at Balmoral (if it actually happens) would necessarily be an indicator that an engagement was imminent, but it would be a chance for all the major players to get together face to face to discuss the different steps that would need to be taken.

I tend to think there's an equal chance that Kate's either at Balmoral, on Mustique, or even back home in Bucklebury. None of the options would surprise me!

Can't see how just because they are meeting that they will be announcing an engagement....I agree that the Queen would want to meet any future Princess William of Wales before letting them tie the knot

I am sure they have met or at least been introduced. Kate was after all at Peter's wedding. It probably wasn't a long conversation but most likely they were at least introduced.

I doubt that this "meeting" will occur. According to the press, it should have happened at least five times by now.

Well, the royal family is up in Balmoral for August, so I'm sure if Kate Middleton is seen at Aberdeen airport or Ballater train station,
Or if she is seen driving on any of the roads that lead to Scotland!:D

ha ha...I wouldn't be surprised,Skydragon.The girl waited & waited for so long(if you know what I mean).Time for action!lol

It'd be great to see them together on the balcony for the Jubilee. I have a feeling that celebration is going to be a sort of launching point for the newest generation of royals as well as a commemoration of HM's reign. It would be great to see William, Peter, and Zara all with their spouses there!

I'd love to see William and Kate on the balcony with HM on her Jubilee. I'm really looking forward to their wedding day.

I'd love to see William and Kate on the balcony with HM on her Jubilee. I'm really looking forward to their wedding day.

Assuming that they actually get married.

I think they probably will but until something official is announced it is all speculation at a quiet time in Britian for news.

Right -- but we're discussing that article Sonjapearl posted above, which claims that all is settled and they're just waiting to announce it.

But I agree, as I've said before, even though I do believe they'll get married, nothing's for sure until there's a ring on her finger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom