William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how reliable is News of the World?

No very but sometimes they do break stories.

This story does make sense though in many ways. He has allegedly said that he doesn't want to marry until he has finished his military service and that is another 2 or 3 years away so early 30s for marriage.

As always I like to read the comments. I don´t take that much notice of the NOTW but I do take notice of the people´s comments underneath. I think that one person came very near the truth saying this is meant as the first step in a "gentle" let down after the Uncle Gary fiasco.
I think that Kate is being a more than a little naive and perhaps with her family´s support has nurtured the idea that it would be possible for her to become the future Queen of England and GB, whatever happens it does seem to make a William a bit of a cad, not because he will probably end up not marrying her, as I have always thought that he was not that much in love with her, but for not leaving her when he had already made up his mind that marriage was not in the offings. He may have found the convenience of having someone adoring waiting in the wings offering him her all in the hopes that it would end in marriage. I have no doubt that if they don´t marry she will be forgotten except for a few occasions in his future life, but it has happened to many young ladies before who have been unlucky enough to fall in love with a prince, and perhaps a crown.
I can´t see the BRF family following the example of other royalties for some years yet, so I don´t hold out much hope for Kate or for her alleged ambitious family.

I don't see any drama. Kate knows very well that Will is busy now and will be no wedding. However, I feel sorry for that girl. Everyday tabloids write: Engagement or split up? It's pretty hard to be neutral when press everyday tease you.

Anyway, Kate is Will's girlfriend, not tabloids so she knows better what's going on. I have to say that I like this Chelsy Davy girl. She has character. Ok, she loves Harry and he loves her but he's busy in army career so she does the same. She not desperate, she want to have normal life, she want to be lawyer. And it's not said that she and Harry don't be together again. I think that she could be good example for Kate, however for years was said that party girl "Paris Hilton like" Chelsy is horrible and lovely, sweet Kate is perfect.

The NoW is the sister site of the Sun newspapers who have very reliable royal sources. The Sun broke the story of William 's breakup with Kate and I have trusted their sources in the past and do this now with this story.

It comes as no surprise the bottom line is Willianmdoes NOT want to get married. It is such a shame Kate is not more like Anna Wallace who told Charles to go to hell when he started messing her around. I wish Kate would do the same with William and finding someone else for herself. I just cannot see why William is worthwaiting years for.

If he meets someone in his 30's Kate will be history anyway.

As always I like to read the comments. I don´t take that much notice of the NOTW but I do take notice of the people´s comments underneath. I think that one person came very near the truth saying this is meant as the first step in a "gentle" let down after the Uncle Gary fiasco.

Indeed. And thats, what I think too.

:previous::ermm: I have to say - the more he postpones, the more it looks like he doesn't want to get married. Maybe not to anyone, not just her.

It seems a bit premature to be saying that, don't you think? William is not even 30 yet so he has plenty of time left to decide, just IMHO. I do hope that you are wrong in your assumption in any event... at least I hope so! :)

:previous::) I don't have any crystal ball or hidden knowledge about them - he could get married to her tomorrow. He just doesn't seem all that thrilled about the whole marriage bit to me. I could be wrong.

IMO, it's more speculation in a completely dead royal news cycle. I don't see anything there that hasn't been said anywhere else -- busy schedules, possible foreign tours, etc.

I think the papers are all just guessing about wedding dates as much as we are.

I don't see how a busy schedule could prevent Wills from marrying Kate, correct me if I'm wrong. Prince Charles went to Australia for an official visit just weeks after announcing his engagement to Diana. Remember, she cried when he boarded the plane?

If Wills & Kate marry next year, I am sure the Palace could find a day for a wedding and a couple of weeks for a honeymoon for those two.

Sadly, I think Will's visit to Australia will go unnoticed. The younger Royals don't have the same attraction as The Queen and Princess Diana had. I for one think that there are more important things to think about. :ermm:

I can only speak for myself, but I have no desire to see William and wouldn't make any effort to go anywhere to see him. I'd travel to Sydney or Brisbane to see Charles & Camilla though.

IMO William is irrelevant to Australia, whereas Charles has had connections with us since he was here for a while at school and is in line to be our next monarch even though we will be a republic fairly soon. And Charles is interesting, and we know him, and have followed him all his life in our papers and magazines and on TV. I suppose people will say we know William, too, for the same reasons, but as far as I am concerned he is boring and there's nothing about him that interests me. It could be my age, or he could just be boring. I'm not sure, but I'm not interested in what he does when he comes here, and wouldn't go out of his way to see him. In fact I resent the fact he's coming here, because I want to see his father and step-mother and IMO the fact William's coming means there's less chance we'll see Charles here.

(Edited, in a belated attempt to bring this post on topic) I'm also getting sick of the "will they or won't they" stuff. The busy schedule stuff is ridiculous, IMO. If they wanted to get married the schedule would be changed to suit a wedding. If they are going to, I wish they'd get on with it, and if they're not, I wish they'd separate and that Kate would go off and do something constructive with her life like Chelsy is. As well as that she's not getting any younger and that biological clock must be starting to tick; finding someone else and establishing a relationship sound enough to settle down and have children takes some time.

I also can't see the Queen stopping any marriages her grandchildren want to take part in unless the girl in question is visibly insane. She seems like the type who likes to keep the peace and maintain low drama. Besides, love is hard to fight.

Isn't the sanity of anyone who would want to marry into the media frenzy that will be William's wife's life immediately in question?

I don't think an engagement announcement will happen during the current economic crisis in Britain. The royal family couldn't come out of it looking good no matter how much they downplay the pomp and pagentry!!

2012 will be out of the question as that's the London Olympics, so I don't think anything's going to happen for a few years yet.

Then there will be the question of Kate's age and her fertility. She'll be over 30, and there have been lots of articles in the press recently about how much a woman's fertility drops after 30. Add to that the pressure of being expected to be expecting soon after the wedding, and this is one situation that almost looks like there's no happily ever after for Kate.

Isn't the sanity of anyone who would want to marry into the media frenzy that will be William's wife's life immediately in question?

I don't think an engagement announcement will happen during the current economic crisis in Britain. The royal family couldn't come out of it looking good no matter how much they downplay the pomp and pagentry!!

2012 will be out of the question as that's the London Olympics, so I don't think anything's going to happen for a few years yet.

Then there will be the question of Kate's age and her fertility. She'll be over 30, and there have been lots of articles in the press recently about how much a woman's fertility drops after 30. Add to that the pressure of being expected to be expecting soon after the wedding, and this is one situation that almost looks like there's no happily ever after for Kate.

But why not announce an engagement the end of this year? I mean the family wont have to spend anything on announcing an engagement and I dont see it effecting the economic crisis also why would the Olympics 2012 stop from announcing one? I dont understand.

I think it would be done soon no matter what crisis, olympics, tabloid gossip etc

CP Mary and CP Maxima got pregnant right after getting married, and they were in their 30s. I don't think a woman in her thirties is instantly infertile, as the media has been making it out to be.

There are two schools of thought on the "royal wedding during recession" bit: one would agree with you, believing that a royal wedding would look extravagant and therefore drive down the popularity of the royal family. The other argues that a wedding would be a boost to a flagging economy because of the increase in money for tourist industries, therefore actually helping the situation. I don't know if either is exactly on the mark.

And I think 2012 might be out less because of the Olympics and more because it would be the Diamond Jubilee year.

Sadly, I think Will's visit to Australia will go unnoticed. The younger Royals don't have the same attraction as The Queen and Princess Diana had. I for one think that there are more important things to think about. :ermm:

I doubt that a visit by William would go unnoticed. Earlier this year at the bushfire relief concert in Melbourne, Toni Collette introduced a recorded message from William and Harry to the people at the concert. With her introduction and mentioning their names, the crowd erupted into huge cheers, (and they weren’t what you would call a monarchist group!) the young people there all clapped and cheered for the 2 princes. There is some appeal with them, reasonably good looking, appear regularly in the women’s magazines and there’s the curiousity aspect. Both princes get TV coverage Harry’s trip to the US made the TV news so I think a trip by William to Australia will get extensive coverage.
Prince Charles went to Australia for an official visit just weeks after announcing his engagement to Diana.
He also did an Australian visit in March 2005 right after his engagement to Camilla.

Economic crisies won’t stop royal weddings. The UK was in deep recession in 1981 when Charles and Diana got married, and to compound the conditions in 1981 there were major race riots in London, the last being in June just weeks before the wedding. None the less the huge wedding went ahead, if William and Kate wanted to get married, the economic situation in the UK won’t be a factor. The 'royal family was popular' argument doesn't fit here either, the 1970s saw young people turning totally away from the Queen, it was the era of the Sex Pistols and their version of "God save the Queen' not a complementary version!
Personally I think they are like many 20 somethings and will happily be committed to one another and marry when they are in their 30’s. Look at Zara and Mike Tindall, committed to each other but as Mike commented once before Zara is focused on competing in the 2012 London Olympic games and so they won’t marry before that. So another 3 years of being together but not married. After the 2012 Olympics both of them will be in their 30s.

Last edited by a moderator:
More rumors

As much as I don't want to add to the frenzy - here is another story. I still say that William will wait for his cousin to get engaged and then will announce his engagement. There just seems to be a personal, family side to this that doesn't get talked about as much.

As someone who had her first child at 40, I wasn't saying that turning 30 means instant infertility, just that the added pressure isn't going to make things easier.
As to the economic issue, the British tabloid press isn't as cordial to the royals as they were in the 70's and 80's. It's a different world out there than it was. The preception, whether based on truth or not, would be that the cost to the taxpayer isn't worth the revenue from tourism.
As to the 2012 Olympics, there's no way the London infrastructure could cope with both the Olympics AND a royal wedding back to back. The security alone for both events will be mammoth.
I simply meant that an engagement will be problematic for the next few years at least, so I wouldn't start looking at a hat for the day just yet!

I don't see why William should be rushed into a wedding.
He has his career to consider.
It will be a long time before he will be called upon to become King.

As to the recession, the Royal Family can't win there.
If they announce an engagement or wedding, they will be criticized.
If they don't, they will also be criticized.

I can only speak for myself, but I have no desire to see William and wouldn't make any effort to go anywhere to see him. I'd travel to Sydney or Brisbane to see Charles & Camilla though.

IMO William is irrelevant to Australia, whereas Charles has had connections with us since he was here for a while at school and is in line to be our next monarch even though we will be a republic fairly soon. And Charles is interesting, and we know him, and have followed him all his life in our papers and magazines and on TV. I suppose people will say we know William, too, for the same reasons, but as far as I am concerned he is boring and there's nothing about him that interests me. It could be my age, or he could just be boring. I'm not sure, but I'm not interested in what he does when he comes here, and wouldn't go out of his way to see him. In fact I resent the fact he's coming here, because I want to see his father and step-mother and IMO the fact William's coming means there's less chance we'll see Charles here.

(Edited, in a belated attempt to bring this post on topic) I'm also getting sick of the "will they or won't they" stuff. The busy schedule stuff is ridiculous, IMO. If they wanted to get married the schedule would be changed to suit a wedding. If they are going to, I wish they'd get on with it, and if they're not, I wish they'd separate and that Kate would go off and do something constructive with her life like Chelsy is. As well as that she's not getting any younger and that biological clock must be starting to tick; finding someone else and establishing a relationship sound enough to settle down and have children takes some time.

Yeah!!! an Aussie who feels the same way I do about Will's visit to Aus.
I would rather do a weeks shopping at Coles than cross the road to see William.
As for the whole on again off again thing, the only announcements I will believe regarding their impending marriage is one that is attached to the gates of Buck House with HM's signature at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Yeah!!! an Aussie who feels the same way I do about Will's visit to Aus.
I would rather do a weeks shopping at Coles than cross the road to see William.
As for the whole on again off again thing, the only announcements I will believe regarding their impending marriage is one that is attached to the gates of Buck House with HM's signature at the bottom of the page.

Seems the count is three Aussies not interested in an upcoming visit from the grandson of a foreign monarch.

Let's stay on topic...this thread is about Kate and William and not Australia as it relates to a republic and the British monarchy.

CP Mary and CP Maxima got pregnant right after getting married, and they were in their 30s. I don't think a woman in her thirties is instantly infertile, as the media has been making it out to be.

CP Mary by calculations got pregnant Feb 05, which depending on dates she could have been 32 or 33. She married May 14th 2004.
CP Maxima by calculations got pregnant March 03, she would have been 32. She married Feb 2nd 2002.

A trip to Australia wouldn't delay the wedding or engagement of the heir. They would find time no matter what he was doing.
As for princess lessons for Kate, I hope she does learn some royal attributes but as for having access to the chequers commitee looking a royal estates doubtful in my mind. :whistling:

< ed by Warren >

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again posts have been removed. This is the William and Kate relationship rumours and musings thread. It is not the place to discuss Australia and republicanism, the slipping standards of the Establishment or the death of Diana. There are plenty of opportunities to discuss those subjects elsewhere in the Forums.

One of the duties of a Moderator is to keep threads on topic. This is what Zonk has done. If anyone wishes to argue the point could they please do so via PM to me.

Thanks for eveyone's cooperation in keeping these very large forums in an ordered state so that the thread titles reflect the subjects under discussion.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I read in one article interesting thing but I don't know is it true. It was said that princesses Eugenie and Beatrice refuse to sit next to Kate's sister Pippa during fashion show and that was a big embarrasment. I wonder what does mean?

I often heard that Queen likes Kate and she's accepted by royal family. I don't know if it's change now after this story with Kate's uncle but this news is quite old, maybe a few moths ago or sth like that. What do you thing? Have you ever heard about it?

I think that article was in a gossip column months ago, if I remember correctly. I don't think most people gave it much credence. Some of the papers want to seem to revive the Fergie/Di conflicts of the '80s and '90s, with the Middletons in the "Diana" place and the Yorks in the "Fergie" spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom