William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you.
Why the press has been pushing this mediocre girl for marriage since day one is something I've never understood.

Why does the press feel that William needs a wife at 27 and someone who is his first serious girlfriend.
Maybe he just likes having a girlfriend.

At the end of the day, Kate is still single Kate Middleton (Perhaps there is a reason for that?)

The press will push for any of Williams girlfriends to marry him. He's the heir to throne, and the people love a royal wedding. Doesn't matter what age he is, he's over 21 therefore he's fair game to get married.

As far as I know, Katherine isn't single, she's been dating the prince for nearly 9 years. I wouldn't call that single. :flowers:

As far as I know, Katherine isn't single, she's been dating the prince for nearly 9 years. I wouldn't call that single. :flowers:

She isn´t married yet, so legally she is single. When her tax form or passport application are filled this is what she puts. She may be in a steady relationship (at least up until now) but she is still single. :whistling:

One can´t help wondering if Prince Charles sent them CC of an email or telephoned them to say this. It is amazing how Hello knows so much but of course they might have someone in Prince Charles´s employ ready to let them know or perhaps it is just "a close friend" who is willing to share such snippets.

:curtsey::flowers::) This is from January 9, 2009, for Kate's birthday, but it talks about the speculation over whether or not William and Kate will get engaged. It has the usual British tabloid people they interview for this stuff.

YouTube - Kate's No Lady In Waiting

I with the man in the video! "Enough all ready, pop the question" I think that it is unfair to keep her hanging on like this. You may say, "well she can leave at any time". Yes, but the reason she is still there is because she does want him to "pop the question" Come on William!!!

The press makes it sound as if he "has to" marry her? Pr. Carl of Sweden dated Emma for 9 yrs and they split recently. All Princes don't marry their first serious girlfriends, no matter how long they date.
The press can push and say what ever they like, but Pr. William and the Royal powers that be, will decide when he does what ever he does.
Maybe Pr. William does not want to marry yet, it is an option he has. Kate has options also. The union should not be forced nor should it be stalled based on the public desires. Pr. William is heir to the Throne which just had a tumultious two decades of bad marriages, he can't afford to bring a union into fruition in marriage unless he is absolutely positive(imo). Let him take his time and decide when the time is right, if it is Kate he chooses so be it, if it is not Kate so be it.
I don't see anything special about her, really, except that she has the ability to wait and has kept the attention of the Prince off and on for years.

:previous:

Well said SarahMay, he does not have to marry her. :flowers:

Just to clarify something... according to what has been reported they've only been "dating" for 5 years.

There have been a ton of different estimates of how long they've been dating. Everyone seems to come up with a different length. Some I suppose date the relationship from 2004, when they were first photographed at Klosters -- that's probably the five years estimate. I guess the "nearly nine years" would be from people who assume they started dating during their first year at uni in 2001.

I don't think anyone (besides those directly involved, of course) knows for certain how long it's been, only that it's been public knowledge for five years and that it started sometime during their time at St. Andrews.

In other words, long enough to know how deep their feelings are for one another. Only they know.... We can only surmise.

It's been well documented that they became a "couple" in 2004. William dated several other girls before that point while at University.
There's only 2 lengths that seem to be used. The actual 5 years, or 8 years which is generally used by the rag mags (who always give misinformation) and people on this board who want to make the courtship sound as long as possible to make it seem like William should marry her because he's been with her for soooo long.

...and people on this board who want to make the courtship sound as long as possible to make it seem like William should marry her because he's been with her for soooo long.

I think if you read the thread that you'll find a variety of opinions on whether or not William should marry Kate. There's no consensus on this board -- just no bashing.

And, out of genuine interest, do you have links to any of those sources that document the start of the relationship as 2004? I've not seen anyone terribly reliable give a firm date for the relationship's start. Some say Christmas 2003. Some say 2004. Some say earlier than that. I cannot recall reading one established date.

I think if you read the thread that you'll find a variety of opinions on whether or not William should marry Kate.

Many on this board have used the length of their courtship as an argument as to why he "has to" or "should" marry her.

And, out of genuine interest, do you have links to any of those sources that document the start of the relationship as 2004?

I don't have time to look up all of the news sources, but I know it was the more serious ones. Like I said it's mostly the rag mags that say 8 yrs. and they sometimes get their info. from these boards so there you go.

I think that William and Kate should give interview in TV. They could say that they don't plan to marry this year and press should leave them alone. I think it's really unfair for Kate so they should say something. If I were Kate, I would like to do sth, my hobby or whatever. People shouldn't think that she's bored and only wait on William.

It's been well documented that they became a "couple" in 2004. William dated several other girls before that point while at University.
There's only 2 lengths that seem to be used. The actual 5 years, or 8 years which is generally used by the rag mags (who always give misinformation) and people on this board who want to make the courtship sound as long as possible to make it seem like William should marry her because he's been with her for soooo long.
Where has it been well documented that their relationship began in 2004. Most of the papers, 'rags' and 'respected', have always only speculated about when they believed it may have started but not one of them has ever had a quote from either of those involved telling when they first began to date.

:previous::ermm: Well, she was 21 when this was taken;
Kate Middleton Kate Middleton Pictures - kate_middleton_dancing

and we know Prince William was in the audience because they made a big deal about it - though who knows if they were actually dating at the time or not. She's how old now - 27? But of course, that's just when the press knew about it because that's when he appeared in public with her - so they had to have at least known each other before then.

The Daily Mail, more of a tabloid newspaper, says the relationship was "confirmed" in 2004; 'Call me Catherine', says Kate Middleton as proposal rumours hit fever pitch | Mail Online

The London Times, a more serious newspaper, has them moving in together in a house with two other friends in 2002. Focus: The girl who would be Queen - Times Online

Neither of them say when they started dating because no one really knows except for the two of them and their friends.

ETA: As for other women, be careful what you wish for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: according to this, England is on the verge of bowing down to queen Paris Hilton! :curtsey::bow: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FOXNews.com - Is Prince William Behind Paris Hilton's Split With Benji Madden? - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Neither of them say when they started dating because no one really knows except for the two of them and their friends.

Exactly. They were reportedly friends before they became involved romantically, and the precise date that their romantic relationship started hasn't been revealed. There are guesses from the press -- both more respected outlets as well as tabloids -- but I'm still sure there's been no exactly pinpointed "anniversary" for their relationship.

Why don´t we just say they have been dating for a long time?
In the meantime all is quiet on the Windsor front.

:previous::) And they could call it quits tomorrow - they broke up before. And it may not be him; she may decide that she's tired of all the attention. Maybe he won't marry anyone - :ermm: wonder what happens to the monarchy if he decides not to marry or have children?

:previous::ermm: Well, she was 21 when this was taken;
Kate Middleton Kate Middleton Pictures - kate_middleton_dancing

and we know Prince William was in the audience because they made a big deal about it - though who knows if they were actually dating at the time or not. She's how old now - 27? But of course, that's just when the press knew about it because that's when he appeared in public with her - so they had to have at least known each other before then.

The Daily Mail, more of a tabloid newspaper, says the relationship was "confirmed" in 2004; 'Call me Catherine', says Kate Middleton as proposal rumours hit fever pitch | Mail Online

The London Times, a more serious newspaper, has them moving in together in a house with two other friends in 2002. Focus: The girl who would be Queen - Times Online

That picture of her posing in lingerie proves nothing. It's been well reported that he dated several other girls before he hooked up with Kate, so they didn't start dating at the beginning of University. Even when they shared a house with friends, it was made clear that it was platonic friendship and even stated that kate was a cover for him so he could privately date another girl(s).
I think I'll stick with the year of 2004 rather than a made-up time frame, thank you. :)

:previous:
Do you think that you could possibly share your source for 'the confirmed year of 2004' with the rest of us because going by the rest of the post here no one else seems to have any idea when they started dating :flowers:

Prince Harry will become king after William dies, and Harry's children after Harry.:flowers:

:previous::) And they could call it quits tomorrow - they broke up before. And it may not be him; she may decide that she's tired of all the attention. Maybe he won't marry anyone - :ermm: wonder what happens to the monarchy if he decides not to marry or have children?

Well said, Skydragon. If they're truly devoted to each other for the long-term, the other issues that people keep bringing up can be worked out. In 20 years, people will have forgotten about the uncle and the brother and so on.

The most important thing in any long term relationship - she puts his wants and needs on an equal footing to her own and ..... she loves him! :flowers: It doesn't get better than that, because it is only others who are concerned about the princess bit, they are only concerned about the man/woman relationship. :heartflower::heart2:

So very true, Mermaid. And wasn't that a beautifully written post by Sky? It is entirely in William and Kate's hearts as to their futures....

Do you guys think that Queen Elizabeth will send William to represent the BRF at CP Victoria's wedding? Maybe William will be allowed to accompany Kate? Maybe they'll be engaged by then?

I think that it's more likely that HM would send one of her own children to represent her at a wedding, perhaps the Wessexes. In any case, William wouldn't be accompanied by a girlfriend unless they were engaged.:)

Do you guys think that Queen Elizabeth will send William to represent the BRF at CP Victoria's wedding? Maybe William will be allowed to accompany Kate? Maybe they'll be engaged by then?

The Wessexes went to the Danish Royal Wedding of Crown Prince Frederick to Crown Princess Mary, so I assume they will also go to Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom