William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thank that catherine would hold up fine under the pressure of being married to the prince. she has done wonderfully so far so there's no reason to think that a marriage would change that.

Well said, Duchess. An opinion that I feel as well.

Well, the situation with Diana was different. Charles went to some lengths to keep the relationship secret, which William's never done. And after Diana was confirmed to be his girlfriend, there was apparently pressure for him to propose fairly quickly and then they got married within a matter of months of the engagement. There was none of this hanging around for years on end that's going on with William and Kate.

She managed with protection, which is more than can be said for Kate. Look I stated my opinion, your opinion differs and I respect that. The media buzz around ex-royals and royals will never stop, the cameras a still on Fergie. :flowers:

While I respect your opinion, Diana did not recieve Royal protection untill after her engagement and for that matter even after their wedding she always complained about the intrusion of the media, but I will agree to disagree with you and call a turths :flowers:

I think Kate's attorney has helped with the pap attention because there are rarely any candid pics of her anymore. But that may have more to do with her living primarily with her parents now instead of in London where they all have easier access.

Without going off track, cause I dunno if it's been discussed but they did win a case last year against the paparazzi so now she's mostly only allowed to be photographed when she's with William. I don't know the full details but I read about it on another royal forum.

Are you talking about the PCC complaint, ghost_night? She did file a complaint in 2007, but it was against the Daily Mirror for publishing paparazzi photos, not against the paparazzi for taking the photos. She said that the paper had published a photo that was taken while she was being harassed by photographers. There wasn't a case, in the end -- she dropped the complaint a month later after the editor of the paper apologized.

I don't think there's any prohibition on paparazzi taking pictures of her any more than there is of paparazzi taking pictures of anyone else in a harassment situation. Harassing anyone by taking photos of them is against the UK's PCC regulations, I believe. Perhaps the papers are more wary of publishing photos after the complaint, because they don't want to face the negative publicity (and potential financial consequences) that follows a PCC violation.

Mostly I think we see fewer of them now because, as zembla pointed out, she doesn't live in London anymore.

Here's a BBC article on the original complaint, and here's a Reuters piece on the settlement. Also, here's a broader article from the BBC about the situation with Kate and the paparazzi. All are from 2007.

Apparently the case was brought up at an annual conference in 2008 held in Australia and the panel head was Lord Justice Scott Baker. I kept reading on and apparently he was talking about Diana and brought up Kate in that convo, I'm thinking more or less it was just a reference to her past PCC complaint from 2007 nothing new, I think they just put two and two together and more or less assumed that's why were not getting as many papz pics of Kate. Then again I'm not 100% sure about all this but it's what I've managed to gather.

ETA: Here's a quote from the press
Lord Baker told the Asia-Pacific Coroners' Society conference in Adelaide on Wednesday that the role of the paparazzi was one of the many aspects he had to take into account during his inquiry.

He said issues surrounding the paparazzi remained serious for the royal family.

“You only have to look at the papers today to see the paparazzi are hounding Kate Middleton in the same way Diana was previously being hounded,” he said.

IN case you woke up this morning and asked yourselves, "Selves, is Prince William going to really finally eventu ally marry this Kate Middleton pip he's been dating?" At least that's what I wondered when I woke up, and here's what one court-watcher replied:

"He has to. Been seeing her too long not to. It would be another embarrassment for the Palace. The Queen's accepted her at events, which means she's got the royal approval. Understand, he's not all that easy and affable as he comes off. He's a bit of an arrogant young man who expects people to bow and scrape."

And Middleton herself? "Not smart. Hasn't picked up a book in her life. But very calculating. Her mother's been planning this her whole life. And she knew how to play hard to get."

"The wedding will probably be next year after he finishes military service. Face it, London is very depressed. The Crown could use a royal wedding at this point."

AWAIT ROYAL WEDDING - New York Post

Wow -- sounds like somebody's bitter over something, doesn't it? And someone not particularly in the know, either. William's military service doesn't end next year; it starts next year, after he finishes his military training.

That real estate article is weird, too. Are we supposed to believe they were shopping for houses in California? Really? They just made a jaunt over to Malibu between Sunday's polo match and Saturday's Horseguards parade?

I thought it might bring a laugh, honestly I don't know how a girl who wrote an honor's thesis for her degree could be accused of never opening a book or being stupid in any way.

I read this article earlier. I thought it was a (SPOOF) were they for real lol now that is funny!

And Middleton herself? "Not smart. Hasn't picked up a book in her life. But very calculating. Her mother's been planning this her whole life. And she knew how to play hard to get.

There have been pictures of Kate reading. When she and Wills went to Seychelles in 2007, they were photographed buried in books.

As for William being arrogant, this is not the first time that has been reported. I'm sure there is some truth to that.

I agree, I think the that big occasions tend to bring out those who normally don't have a great deal of interest in the Royals. I always remember people saying how most wouldn't want to celebrate in 2002 but thing turned out differently. When he does marry I can see him having a large wedding with many, many people there to see it.
The major difference with 2002 was that the Golden Jubilee was an event held in honour of the Queen. Even the most fervent anit-monrachists here tend to grudgingly accept some degree of respect for the Queen. The same applied for the Queen Mother who was generally well-respected and well-liked. Imo the same level of goodwill doesn't really apply to the younger generation of royals.

There will obviously be spectators whenever William gets married but imo the idea that people will flock from every corner of the UK is reminiscent of a bygone era.

:previous:
Honestly? The heading says Prince William looks at house, it says that at the start of the artciel, then it goes back on it's word to say it wasn't the prince at all.

:previous:

Thats such a accurate article :whistling::whistling:
Times must be rough for the NYP is they have to make up stories like that about our royalty.

The major difference with 2002 was that the Golden Jubilee was an event held in honour of the Queen. Even the most fervent anit-monrachists here tend to grudgingly accept some degree of respect for the Queen. The same applied for the Queen Mother who was generally well-respected and well-liked. Imo the same level of goodwill doesn't really apply to the younger generation of royals.

There will obviously be spectators whenever William gets married but imo the idea that people will flock from every corner of the UK is reminiscent of a bygone era.
I disagree, I think if they put on a big enough show people will get caught up in it all and they will flock from all over. Which is what I think happened when Diana died, when the Queen Mother died and what happened during the Jubilee celebrations. Will they come out of some great respect for William and the Royal Family? For most probably not, they will come simply because it will be the place to be. Then they will go home, get back to their lives until the next big show the Royals put on for us. :flowers:

There have been pictures of Kate reading. When she and Wills went to Seychelles in 2007, they were photographed buried in books.

As for William being arrogant, this is not the first time that has been reported. I'm sure there is some truth to that.
Sonjapearl, I have never seen ANY Seychelles photos, can you provide a link? I agree with you it's not a stretch to believe that William is probably a bit arrogant sometimes.

This royal wedding article is from the gossip section of the New York Post. Which it does detail the news in NYC it is a tabloid. So take it with a grain of salt. Cindy Adams is one of the premier gossip ladies here in the States.

Buying a house in Cali!? Come on.....could they could up with something a little more believeable.

It would be great if there was a wedding date set, but I hope that what is written in the article about Camilla is not true. It seems unlikely to me that William would choose his parents' wedding anniversary as his wedding date, but if he has, I do not see Camilla why should have a problem with it.

How reliable is Berlin Online?

:previous: Not very I would think. The first to know would be the British media, when the announcement is made. :flowers:

:previous: Not very I would think. The first to know would be the British media, when the announcement is made. :flowers:

That's a definite. British tabloids would be the first to know about the engagement and an wedding date.:flowers:

I think that German article is sourcing one of our American tabloids, which claims that William and Kate will marry on Diana's birthday next year. Somehow, I doubt that. :)

Just some more "wishful thinking" and "silly speculation", I should think. Nothing newsworthy there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom