William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you have right with Queen. For me she's like pyramids in Egypt: I can't imagine GB without her.

I personally like prince Charles, but unfortunately in the media he's shown as a "guy who talks to plants". People often forget about he did many good thing and not treat him very seriously. And people really should care about global warming and rest.

I have impression that the media in UK has too much influance on public opinion. Maybe William is serious, responsible, well-educated young man, but for many of us (becouse of press: invented scandals, lies, never ending speculation about his wedding with Kate etc.) he's rather English version of Brad Pitt or sth like that.

P.S I like Harry Potter too, but in my age it isn't thing you should to be proud.

Sorry for this off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so and it has to do with the status of the British. Ask people on the streets across the globe and they will recognize QE II or Prince Charles - but Queen Beatrix, King Juan Carlos, Queen Margrethe, sorry who?
You are absolutely correct. Most people here in America cannot recognize any other Royal except Queen Elizabeth II. Plus, they could care less -- especially Holland, Belgium, Norway [Princess Victoria's engagement didn't even make the 11:00 PM news!] Most think I am silly that I enjoy world history and read about different monarchies and their origins. To each their own -- I got bored to death at the Indianapolis 500 that others drooled over.

Thank God for the internet for those of us in America who want royal news, Winnie! :)

One facet of a possible William wedding that hasn't been mentioned is the educational dimension -- people watching all over the world will get to see a gathering of tons of current royals and political leaders, and they may learn something about world politics that they might not otherwise!

I hope you have right with Queen. For me she's like pyramids in Egypt: I can't imagine GB without her.
If you read the press from the late 1890s many of these sentiments were being expressed by the public and the press about Queen Victorian and yet Edward VII became a much beloved and deeply mourned King.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and in Canada too! I had to rely on magazines from the UK, which usually came a couple of months late. We got current coverage only when something really big happened and made the newspapers!:flowers:

Thank God for the internet for those of us in America who want royal news, Winnie! :)

Yes, and in Canada too! I had to rely on magazines from the UK, which usually came a couple of months late. We got current coverage only when something really big happened and made the newspapers!:flowers:

i'm really surprised Mermaid...here in my neck of the woods, i find our papers are usually up to speed. :flowers:

We got occasional pictures of the Royals, but it was generally things like birth announcements and so on unless there was a scandal. In my royal-scrapbook days, I'd get the paper from another part of the province if something interesting was on the tv news.

i'm really surprised Mermaid...here in my neck of the woods, i find our papers are usually up to speed. :flowers:

And on the other poiint of other countries. I'm in the US and until I came to TRF I didn't realize that Spain had a king.. Actuially I came first just for a hat picture from Ascot and ended up reading everything there is to read here. I've learned a lot.

Osipi
Oh MG I knew more about JC (and im not talking religion) from high school than I did about QE2 and I am a loyal and devout monarchist and she is my head of state. JC is one of the few royals who has had a very active and improtant part in his countrys recent history and helped to define and make it the nation it is today. Wills and the other heirs may be so lucky as to be placed in a position that they will be required to make a decision of such magnitutude and please God they would have the strength of character to stand up for their people.

Oh MG I knew more about JC (and im not talking religion) from high school than I did about QE2 and I am a loyal and devout monarchist and she is my head of state. JC is one of the few royals who has had a very active and improtant part in his countrys recent history and helped to define and make it the nation it is today. Wills and the other heirs may be so lucky as to be placed in a position that they will be required to make a decision of such magnitutude and please God they would have the strength of character to stand up for their people.

Who is JC?

As you said you weren't talking religion I ruled out Jesus Christ so I am assuming Julius Caesar.

I know of no one else who would have their name shortened to JC but Julius Caesar doesn't fit in with your post.

:previous: I believe the JC reference is to Juan Carlos.

Now let's try to get back on topic.

:previous: Or at least we could stop talking about the reported engagement and actually starting talking about a true engagement:flowers:

I do want William to marry for love and all that...but we need a bit of good news now...we will just have to wait for Victoria of Sweden to get married.

:previous: Or at least we could stop talking about the reported engagement and actually starting talking about a true engagement:flowers:

I do want William to marry for love and all that...but we need a bit of good news now...we will just have to wait for Victoria of Sweden to get married.

We have over a year to wait for that event.
To be frank, he either has to marry Kate or at least get enagaged soon. To give us something to go on. All this ralkof maybe soon, maybe summer, maybe winter is boring and tedious.
x

Yes, we do have a year but at least we know its happening.

William and Kate have been dating for years now and we are still speculating on an engagement.

Well, I guess that demonstrates at least that they're taking their relationship at a pace they're comfortable with and not being pressured or rushed by family, media, or the public.

But heck, I still wish they'd hurry it up, too, and for the same selfish reasons: I want to talk about it on the boards! :lol:

Interesting article, Lady Laura. I wouldn't be surprised if the engagement ring is a colored stone like a sapphire, but I doubt very much that it would be set just like Diana's, as the article suggests. That ring is far too famous to be recreated, and I think Harry's the one who has the real thing. Surely they'd want something fresh and new.

I really doubt that W. and K. would even choose a blue sapphire, there would be too many comparison pics to Diana's...but I do wonder if they have a ring picked out.

:previous:
I think Zonk is talking about Victoria and Daniel when saying at least we know it is happening.

Do we really know it is happening or is this more press speculation?

I am not convinced that because a book is being delayed and the BBC supposedly has some programme in the works that it necessarily means that anything is happening.

I can understand that the publishers might like to delay the launch of the book until there is an engagement but it still doesn't mean that there will be an engagement - just that the publishers don't want to go to the expense of publishing and then have them split or wait another two or three years as they know they will get a much bigger sale if they wait until they get engaged and then release the book.

I actually agree with your musings here. I mean when you see some documentary on any of the royals (or any celebrity for that matter) that is aired around the time of some major event in their lives, people have to remember it takes time to develop those things. So maybe the media is preparing this now because the couple have been together for years and they are anticipating / hoping that the couple will get married & therefore preparing themselves for it, just in case, so they will be able to maximize the opportunity to make it profitable to them, when ever it does happen (& if it does happen - some people just live together instead of get married these days).

Sorry guys, but I've taken out the latest digression on mistresses and Charles and Camilla.
I know the thread topic is very broad but could we please keep it to Wills 'n Kate.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

I would have thought that if a documentary was being made of Wills and Kate, especially if it's to be aired on the day of the engagement announcement, that they would at least have to get permission from the Palace.

I would have thought that if a documentary was being made of Wills and Kate, especially if it's to be aired on the day of the engagement announcement, that they would at least have to get permission from the Palace.

i could be wrong but i don't think permission is necessary. wouldn't it be the same as unauthorized biography?

i could be wrong but i don't think permission is necessary. wouldn't it be the same as unauthorized biography?

I don´t think anything would stop them doing this but then how do they know there is an engagement in the offing? They are probably just being prepared in case and can have an alternative ending as sometimes happens in soap operas.
I keep remembering the case of the china cups or something that were ordered to be put on sale for their engagement, and that was ages ago.
Then again they could have someone in the palace who has given them the tip off.

Anybody can produce anything about the Royals, I think--as long as they aren't breaking confidentiality agreements. And we know some who've found legal ways around that, such as Ken Wharfe.:)

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1191304/Chelsy-Davy-wait-Prince-Harry--late.html

Kate Middleton ditches nightclubs for the pub
While Prince William is hard at work training as a search-and-rescue pilot, girlfriend Kate Middleton has swapped glitzy nightclubs for more low-key watering holes.

Regulars at the Fat Badger pub in London’s Notting Hill say the 27-year-old and sister Pippa are regular customers. Friends report it’s all part of a plan to keep a low profile
‘William has told Kate they will avoid the dreaded engagement rumours if they aren’t photographed,’ says a chum. ‘Kate hasn’t been out clubbing for months.’

Their wedding would be fairly low-key, right? I mean I this isn't going to be a public Diana and Charles wedding, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom