William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:flowers:
:lol:

I predict William and Kate will have a lot of kids, a la Philippe and Mathilde. Wasn't reported Kate wants a big family?
:flowers: Now now we are putting the baby before the carriage so lets to it which carriage would they use in a wedding procession and what route would it take??:cool:

:flowers:One public outing and we are off again and running hard:ROFLMAO::wub::in_love:now we have decided on the venue lets go for sex and names of the you guessed it BABY:baby::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL ... if William and Kate won't plan a royal wedding and marriage, we'll just have to do it for them!

And so, on that note, I'm betting three or four kids for W/K if they marry. Plenty of little royal babies to keep the public entertained. :lol:

:flowers:
:flowers: Now now we are putting the baby before the carriage so lets to it which carriage would they use in a wedding procession and what route would it take??:cool:

Not sure there are that many options to get from Buckingham Palace (or Clarence House) to Westminster Abbey.

I think they use the Glass Coach for weddings as a rule, and an open carriage on the way back if the weather's good.:coach:

Last edited:
Not sure there are that many options to get from Buckingham Palace (or Clarence House) to Westminster Abbey.

(sigh) I suppose the route is fairly sure but wouldnt it be nice for a change to take a swing through the east end just for the hell of it:cool: Very good PR I should think.:rolleyes: Alas I for one wont be waving my wand at a pumkin anytime soon. The glass carriage will come in its own good time. Still not sure who will be sitting in it though.. Nice however to see these two looking so relaxed together even if it did get us a little hyped.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
{sigh) I suppose the route is fairly sure but wouldnt it be nice for a change to take a swing through the east end just for the hell of it:cool: Very good PR I should think.:rolleyes:

Well, knowing the British tabloid press, I'd assume the PR would be more along the lines of "Egads! Look how much money the royal family is wasting on security for the extra ride 'round the city!"

Yeah, the only real choice is whether to use Admiralty Arch and Trafalgar Square or Horse Guards Arch.

If they do it at Westminster, I hope they don't put up that awful canopy from Andrew and Sarah's wedding. (I'm still personally hoping for St. Paul's though, if they ever get around to it.)

With the continual complaints being heard about the cost of the royals I wouldn't be surprised with a St George's wedding.

It seems to me as if the British people don't want to pay for too much with regard to the royals and therefore it is possible that the Queen might opt for the more low key setting altogether, particularly in these economic times and with the massive Olympics overrun in costs.

I can see howls of protest about a St. George's wedding. It's so far out of London, for one thing. There are bound to be large crowds, too.

With the continual complaints being heard about the cost of the royals I wouldn't be surprised with a St George's wedding.

It seems to me as if the British people don't want to pay for too much with regard to the royals and therefore it is possible that the Queen might opt for the more low key setting altogether, particularly in these economic times and with the massive Olympics overrun in costs.

I can see howls of protest about a St. George's wedding. It's so far out of London, for one thing. There are bound to be large crowds, too.

It's not that far out of London - about 40 minutes by train.

This is the problem - the crowds want the 'entertainment' but the British people seem to be unwilling to spend money on the royals at the moment.

To get a happy medium might very well mean a chapel like St Georges or the Chapel Royal in London - fewer people in the church by a long way but still able to have the crowds for a drive through the streets but then there will be the howls about security!!!! Can't win I think - they had better elope:lol::lol:

Even if they swing the procession to or from St. George's out through the town, there just isn't all that much room in Windsor. I suppose they could cram a good number of people in the Long Walk, but then you run into transportation issues. The two train stations there aren't built for that many people. At least at Windsor & Eton Central, it's only possible to have one three or four car train on the track from Windsor to Slough at all.

The Chapel Royal would be a better choice, I think, because it's in the middle of London's infrastructure.

Southwark Cathedral, maybe? That'd give an excuse for a bit of a trawl round the East End, and it'd be a feather in the cap of the South Bank.

The BBC also has programs ready for royal deaths, but it doesn't mean they've heard that someone has a terminal illness.

"We plan ahead for different eventualities," says a spokesman, who is, though, unable to recall a single other occasion on which it has made such a programme.

IIRC, they made one for in case Prince Charles was assassinated at his investiture.

Ok this is going to sound odd but someone said royal engagements usually last about 6 months but would it be weird if they got engaged now and then waited a couple years to get married not only because of William's training but taking into consideration the state of the economy right now.

Ok this is going to sound odd but someone said royal engagements usually last about 6 months but would it be weird if they got engaged now and then waited a couple years to get married not only because of William's training but taking into consideration the state of the economy right now.

It would be weird for it to be announced.

Elizabeth and Philip had some sort of understanding from early in 47 if not earlier but Geoge VI wouldn't give his consent until after the South African tour.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are already unofficially engaged but no intention to marry until after the service in the SAR.

I have a feeling that the pair have at least had serious discussions about the future by now, even if they don't have an engagement unofficially cemented. I wouldn't be surprised if they are unofficially engaged either, though.

The BBC documentary certainly is interesting, but I don't think it's a green light that a wedding is go. I think it is yet another sign that things do seem to be heading in that direction eventually.

Ya that's what I think too I'd be weird for them to announce it if they don't plan on marrying till after the SAR but I'd be excited as hell if they did , I have a feeling the board will crash the day it's announced. I'd be shocked if by now they weren't even just mentally engaged cause if we aren't anywhere close to heading down that road I don't see a reason for the relationship to continue so I'm inclined to believe something is going to happen soon.

BBC makes Official Documentary to be aired on ....

Have they been tipped off?

I thought William was doing service with the RAF Search and Rescue Unit for a few years before he took up royal duties. Will he have time to marry? If so, its about time!

I thought William was doing service with the RAF Search and Rescue Unit for a few years before he took up royal duties. Will he have time to marry? If so, its about time!

Will he have time to marry? Yes.

When will he have time to marry? Different question.

His training really will be in full gear for most of the next 12 months but then there is a window between training and active service in which he could marry - next summer. The main problems with that scenario concern the timing of the next general election in Britain, the cost in the current economic climate and the fact that Kate would be expected to be on full time royal duties while William is out of the public eye for most of the time doing SAR service.

The positive is that maybe, although personally I doubt it, William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.

:previous: When will he have time, many RAF personnel get married and have a honeymoon, they fit it in with their holiday entitlement.:flowers:

This is the way that I'm inclined to think. Prince William isn't the Prince of Wales, and his future wife won't be the Princess of Wales for awhile yet. There's no need for either of them to have the high public profile that, say, Charles and Diana had at the beginning of their marriage. Charles and Camilla are still building their reputation as a married couple, and I can't see them--given their position--taking a back seat to a couple in the younger generation.

Also, the Queen knows from personal experience how important it is to establish a family life before being on the public stage full-time. She might see this kind of breathing room (or breeding room:D) as a good opportunity for her grandson and his bride.:flowers:

William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.

The positive is that maybe, although personally I doubt it, William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.

I hope that this turns out to be the case. If they do wed, it will be very important that they experience some degree of normaility not accorded to Charles and Diana.

This is the way that I'm inclined to think. Prince William isn't the Prince of Wales, and his future wife won't be the Princess of Wales for awhile yet. There's no need for either of them to have the high public profile that, say, Charles and Diana had at the beginning of their marriage. Charles and Camilla are still building their reputation as a married couple, and I can't see them--given their position--taking a back seat to a couple in the younger generation.
Excellent points.

I hope that this turns out to be the case. If they do wed, it will be very important that they experience some degree of normaility not accorded to Charles and Diana.

Very true. And they would be following in the footsteps of The Queen and Prince Philip by doing so.

Can't win I think - they had better elope:lol::lol:
Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil I would love it so much. Unfortunately I can already hear the muttering 'Just not done' 'not grand enough for royalty' 'how common it must have been her idea':whistling: and of course if he marries without official approval his right to inherit is in doubt;) Still would love the elopement. :D

There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet. The BBC say that they are sure the wedding will happen next summer, so they've started early. :whistling:
x

Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil I would love it so much. Unfortunately I can already hear the muttering 'Just not done' 'not grand enough for royalty' 'how common it must have been her idea':whistling: and of course if he marries without official approval his right to inherit is in doubt;) Still would love the elopement. :D

His right to inherit wouldn't be affected by a decision to marry without official approval.

The marriage simply wouldn't be legal and so Kate wouldn't be HRH Princess William. She wouldn't be HM Queen Kate. Their children wouldn't be able to inherit. She would really be his mistress.

Only a legally approved marriage is legal allowing the wife the status, styles and titles of William and have the children in the line of succession. Any children to an unauthorised marriage would be regarded as illegitimate for inheritance to the throne purposes.

That is assuming, that as a result of the marriage, the government didn't pass legislation to make the marriage legal.

:flowers: OK thank you for the clarification in essence I guess I ment something similar as in it would be pretty much the end of the road for Wills lineage. As I personally prefer Harry Im for it:D Though the fallout could spell the end of the monarchy which I couldnt stand so let them trot on in their own time and their own way and if they make it to the church please let us have a few pics;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom