William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How royal do you think they should be?

The Queen is a descendent of the following Kings of England/Britain (and many more Scottish kings/queens as well).

George VI, George V, Edward VII, Victoria, George III, George II, George I, James I and VI, Henry VII, Edward III, Edward II, Edward I, Henry III, John, Henry II, Henry I, William I and some even before that. (I am sure that if I have one or two wrong there in the middle with the Edward's and Henry's someone will tell me - that period of English history bores the pants off me)

William through his mother will add Charles I and Charles II as Diana was descended from a couple of Charles' II illegitimate children.

Philip is descended from all of the above, except Edward VII, George V and George VI but can add descent from George I of the Hellenes, Christian IX of Denmark (as can Elizabeth) making them both descendents from the Danish king who established the Danish throne in the 800s along with the Romanovs through his grandmother. Philip has more 'royal' blood in him than Elizabeth but they are certainly both extremely royal. I don't think you can get much more royal than these two (others are equally royal but there are no doubts that Elizabeth and Philip are thoroughly royal through and through.

Every British royal house since the conquest is in the family tree of both Elizabeth and Philip - Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart, Hanover (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - Windsor) along with Romanov, Glucksburg (the same family as Marguerite of Denmark).

Excellent post, Iluvbertie! :flowers:

I never made such a claim and wouldn't waste my time as I ignore most such claims on these boards due to the fact that anyone could post on here, or elsewhere, making a range of claims which can't be proven on an anonymous board. I am not suggesting that you aren't telling the truth just that you can't prove it here.

I completely agree with you.
Even if such claims do have basis, I don’t see any point in posting about them here, of all places, not least because they cannot be verified in any way.

Excellent post, Iluvbertie! :flowers:

I completely agree with you.
Even if such claims do have basis, I don’t see any point in posting about them here, of all places, not least because they cannot be verified in any way.

Very well.. but I do not appreciate the hostility to my posts. And how can these claims.. how can they not be verified? I have no problem sharing my info on here about family history.. and am always willing to help someone who claims they are related to royalty. That's a reason why I joined this forum.. because I thought we could discuss things like this on here, but I see that we cannot. You guys really have offended me. Well guess it's back to Myancestry. Thanks guys.

Well you CAN discuss your ancestry on the board but not on this particular thread bc it's about William and Kate's possible engagement.

This is an annonymous board Lady Meg and people can always claim royal ancestry even if they don't have it. So it will be a little difficult for us to believe. If you want to prove it to us, you are more than welcome to do so.

I read something in the forum rules about claiming royal relations and it not having a place in this forum. Perhaps everyone should read our rules, they are very interesting and clear as to what is allowed, etc.

Charles will be king when it is his turn, as will William. I look forward to those days, when Her Majesty QE II sees fit.

Very well.. but I do not appreciate the hostility to my posts. And how can these claims.. how can they not be verified? I have no problem sharing my info on here about family history.. and am always willing to help someone who claims they are related to royalty. That's a reason why I joined this forum.. because I thought we could discuss things like this on here, but I see that we cannot. You guys really have offended me. Well guess it's back to Myancestry. Thanks guys.

The problem with verifying your alleged ancestry is that no one here actually knows who you are.

I could come on here and claim to be a descendent of Edward VII for instance but there is no way that I can prove it.

That doesn't mean that it isn't true (or that your claim to be related to royalty isn't true) but you simply can't prove it on here.

It is an anonymous board. For all I know someone could be posting here and be my next door neighbour and I simply don't know that as we don't reveal our true identities on here.

We have had the man who claims to be Princess Margaret's son on here - now he could be the same guy who is making those claims or he could be someone who simply wanted to make that claim (not only the claim to be Princess Margaret's son but that the poster was the same person as the one who was, and still is, making that claim).

We have also had a poster claim to be Edward VIII's illegitimate child. Again it can't be proven on here.

We are all entitled to an opinion regarding William and Kate's relationship but our opinions won't make any difference on the matter of much expected, awaited, belated official engagement announcement, because, in the end it would be up to William and Kate. The entire world may wish for their engagement/marriage but if either one says "NO"...then it's over....period.

One thing is for sure, engagement or not, William and Kate is genuinely enjoying each other's company after years of dating...not many would have expected these two to last this long, including me. William is a high profiled eligible bachelor...meaning...there are tons of young women coveting Kate's current status as Prince William's girlfriend, not to mention the position likely to be the future Princess and Queen Consort.

Diana had royal blood. She was related to the Seymour family as well as illegitimate children of Charles II. As for 'drops' of 'blue blood' and accidents.. I am no accident, Thank you - I am a direct descendant of the first Kings and Queens of England, Scotland, Aragon, Castile and Leon, Hungary, France and more. So far I have found my connections to the Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, and Stuart houses - and two to the current Windsor family.
Lucky for you, unfortunately that is a claim many could make. The Windsor blood lines are well documented, so a sudden new relative is unlikely, many can claim to be related via people that married into the family, like Simpson, that does not make them descendants. Even Camilla can claim to have the same royal blood, if not closer than Diana!

Anyone can come on here and make claims about being related, just take a name and claim away, you could afterall be talking to Lady B the Countess of Wessex or Cynthia Spencer. :D

One thing is for sure, engagement or not, William and Kate is genuinely enjoying each other's company after years of dating...not many would have expected these two to last this long, including me. William is a high profiled eligible bachelor...meaning...there are tons of young women coveting Kate's current status as Prince William's girlfriend, not to mention the position likely to be the future Princess and Queen Consort.
Very true!:flowers::flowers:

. . . . . . . And as for her (Kate) being Princess..
What makes Kate an unsuitable bride, possible Princess of Wales and (accidents notwithstanding) future Queen Consort? She seems a perfectly nice young woman whose education exceeds that of any of her possible predecessors and, whose adept use of native skill and cunning has kept her from making any crass blunders to feed the press. That same skill will also enable her to evolve into a worthy Crown Princess a la Mary, Maxima, Letizia, etc.
I was just saying.. if Charles becomes King, which I thought he didn't want to be.. William will be Prince of Wales, then if Charles abdicates you have the possibility of William becoming King. You never know what's going to happen.
Fact = barring death, Charles will be King. He's worked for it, he's earned it and there's a snowball's show in hell that he will abdicate.

Fact = William will only become Prince of Wales if his father, the King, decrees it.

Fact = Barring death William will become King some time in the future.

Supposition = Kate will be his Queen.

How royal do you think they should be?

The Queen is a descendent of the following Kings of England/Britain (and many more Scottish kings/queens as well).

George VI, George V, Edward VII, Victoria, George III, George II, George I, James I and VI, Henry VII, Edward III, Edward II, Edward I, Henry III, John, Henry II, Henry I, William I and some even before that. (I am sure that if I have one or two wrong there in the middle with the Edward's and Henry's someone will tell me - that period of English history bores the pants off me)

William through his mother will add Charles I and Charles II as Diana was descended from a couple of Charles' II illegitimate children.

Philip is descended from all of the above, except Edward VII, George V and George VI but can add descent from George I of the Hellenes, Christian IX of Denmark (as can Elizabeth) making them both descendents from the Danish king who established the Danish throne in the 800s along with the Romanovs through his grandmother. Philip has more 'royal' blood in him than Elizabeth but they are certainly both extremely royal. I don't think you can get much more royal than these two (others are equally royal but there are no doubts that Elizabeth and Philip are thoroughly royal through and through.

Every British royal house since the conquest is in the family tree of both Elizabeth and Philip - Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart, Hanover (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - Windsor) along with Romanov, Glucksburg (the same family as Marguerite of Denmark).

A truely wonderful post. Your knowledge of our monarchy still astounds me. :)

I don't believe they are hostility, this is a forum where people express their opinions and we are just doing that. This forum is to discuss the present royal families of the world not your own family history.

What makes Kate an unsuitable bride, possible Princess of Wales and (accidents notwithstanding) future Queen Consort? She seems a perfectly nice young woman whose education exceeds that of any of her possible predecessors and, whose adept use of native skill and cunning has kept her from making any crass blunders to feed the press. That same skill will also enable her to evolve into a worthy Crown Princess a la Mary, Maxima, Letizia, etc.
Fact = barring death, Charles will be King. He's worked for it, he's earned it and there's a snowball's show in hell that he will abdicate.

Fact = William will only become Prince of Wales if his father, the King, decrees it.

Fact = Barring death William will become King some time in the future.

Supposition = Kate will be his Queen.

Quite true, barring death or abdication for William. :)
I do agree that Kate could be a wonderful princess, never as great as Mary or Letizia but good enough.

As many have said William and Kate love each other, they fit together, that is what happens. Because as we know our opinions don't really matter. :lol:

Let's get back on topic.

This thread is about William and Kate. News, comments, rumours, etc regarding their relationship are welcome for dicussion.

Posts regarding ancestry, William's readiness for the throne, etc. are off topic and will be deleted.

If any has any additoinal quesitons, please do not hestiate to contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
I do agree that Kate could be a wonderful princess, never as great as Mary or Letizia but good enough.

As many have said William and Kate love each other, they fit together, that is what happens. Because as we know our opinions don't really matter. :lol:
Mary and Letizia are great? They are well liked in their own countries but great, no I don't think so. They may be great Queen consorts in future years as might Kate, only time will see what history has to say about them when they are gone. :flowers:

Mary and Letizia are great? They are well liked in their own countries but great, no I don't think so. They may be great Queen consorts in future years as might Kate, only time will see what history has to say about them when they are gone. :flowers:

I stand corrected. But i still do not think that Kate will ever be anyway near Mary, Letizia, Maxima or Mathilde and especially not Victoria. :)

I think it remains to be seen if Kate will be a great Princess or Queen.

She does appear to have the quality of discretion what is certainly a good asset. And if she has the support and love of William, and since he has some knowledge of what the position requires...there is some hope for her.

It should also be noted Mary and Letizia appear to be great assets for their country. But they had their ups and downs (still do according to some) when they first started dating and then marrying their husbands.

But let's not start comparing princesses.

Last edited:
I have recently heard many differing opinions as to the relationship of the Prince and Kate. I think that if they have been together this long it must show some kind of love for each other, but has the Prince or any other royal ever commented on Kate and her relationship with Prince William?

:previous:

There has been only 1 comment on Prince William’s personal life, and that was years ago (Clarence House denied he was in relationship with Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe).
Prince William did admit having a ‘girlfriend’ in a recent interview, but without naming the lady in question (although it is pretty obvious he was talking about Kate).

I wish that just this once he wouldn't be so secretive about his private life or Kate for that matter.

I don't know that they're "secretive" -- I think if they were more open with the press and the public, they'd be hounded even more. I don't know that I'd say they're trying to hide their relationship, really.

Oh of course not, but I like so many other people would love just a little more insight into their relationship. However, that probably involve to much invasion of privacy and I am ever the advocate for privacy. I think being too open about a relationship cause issues between partners. I guess I'm just selfish.

:previous:

I think if they (William and Harry) opt to be more open about their private lives, they will have to face being exposed all the time.
That's more or less what Harry said during his 2005 birthday interview (commenting on a question about Chelsy): "I would love to tell everyone how amazing she is but once I start talking about that, I have left myself open".

And then you have to take into consideration different personality types: Kate and William may simply be not comfortable showing their emotions in public, maybe they are just not the demonstrative kind.

Oh of course not, but I like so many other people would love just a little more insight into their relationship. However, that probably involve to much invasion of privacy and I am ever the advocate for privacy. I think being too open about a relationship cause issues between partners. I guess I'm just selfish.

Same here!

William has been wary about the press since his early teens. I remember it being a concern while his mother was still alive. He'd turn his face away from the cameras and sometimes put his hand up. I think that he's simply a more reserved character in general that Harry is, and his relationship with Kate would follow that pattern.:flowers:

And then you have to take into consideration different personality types: Kate and William may simply be not comfortable showing their emotions in public, maybe they are just not the demonstrative kind.

William has been wary about the press since his early teens. I remember it being a concern while his mother was still alive. He'd turn his face away from the cameras and sometimes put his hand up. I think that he's simply a more reserved character in general that Harry is, and his relationship with Kate would follow that pattern.:flowers:

I also think that William has a negative perception of the press based on his parents marriage and the role of the press in her death (rightly or wrongly my assumption).

He is never going to share his feelings with the press about ANYTHING IMO. And certainly not his relationship with Kate or anyone close to him.

And honestly because of Wiliam's position and his future role....his current relationship (or any relationship/marriage) is really the only thing that William can keep private. Obviously the British pubilc has a vested interest in who he marries, but he will keep a majority of his opinions and feelings to himself.

Fun Fact 101: I was going thru my magazines to figure out what I would be recycling. I have a bad habit (and a large collection of old magazines - two tubs of Hello/Royalty/Majesty magazine). So ANYWAY...why did I come across the Hello edition of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruises wedding...and they were talking about the wedding of Kate and William. The issue was 2006, and they swore it would happen in 2007. Its now 2009 and we are still no closer!

Last edited:
Sarcastically speaking, is it possible for the press to hound Kate anymore than they relentlessly do now?! Weather or not William "opens up" about it, she will be hunted as news paparazzi prey unitl he marries another woman, which at this point in time is highly unlikely IMO.......

What are you trying to say, Mermaid? Do you know something that we do not..... :)

And honestly because of Wiliam's position and his future role....his current relationship (or any relationship/marriage) is really the only thing that William can keep private. Obviously the British pubilc has a vested interest in who he marries, but he will keep a majority of his opinions and feelings to himself.

Honestly, I think this is partly why they're taking their dear sweet time before possibly getting married. While Kate's a private citizen, she's off limits and they can keep up a measure of privacy. The second they announce an engagement and she becomes the future queen, all bets are off, she becomes public property in a way, and their privacy is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much over with.

Not at all. I was suggesting that just because we don't think that there's any movement, doesn't mean that there aren't things happening.:flowers:

What are you trying to say, Mermaid? Do you know something that we do not..... :)

It feels weird to call SOMEONE public property as if when they become royals their desires and personal being become open to everyone. It's almost like saying everyone is entitled to some piece of them despite the fact that they too are human beings.

I would agree, AnnaSophia, but I do think that is how the press in Britain treats the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom