William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like father, like son? You have raised a good point there, Lighthouse.

I guess that depends on how badly Prince William wants an heir.;)
William has plenty of time (especially being a male) to produce an heir. It doesn't necessarily have to be Kate. He could easily fall in love with someone else at any time. You never know how life will work out. He's only 27!

Like father, like son? You have raised a good point there, Lighthouse.

I actually didn't intend for the 2nd paragraph to sound so harsh but it looks like the point came across.:)

Perhaps I should have qualified my point as "wants an heir with Kate."

William has plenty of time (especially being a male) to produce an heir. It doesn't necessarily have to be Kate. He could easily fall in love with someone else at any time. You never know how life will work out. He's only 27!

Don't forget that you need an heir and a spare. And even if daughters can become monarchs, there's a distinct preference to sire a son/king...

I think he'll either marry Kate or settle for a wealthy well connected woman from his circle regardless of love. Just as his father did.
I can't think of one young woman from his circle who would want to put up with intrusion from the media and members of the public. If he manages to hang on to Kate, he should count himself blessed.:flowers:

I agree, Skydragon. Regardless of what people think, being a royal -- and for William's case, an heir -- will actually mean having a harder time finding a suitable partner in life. Only the naive ones will actually want to be a princess. Ladies from their circle will already have enough money and power... so why would they want a lifetime of public scrutiny? This is why I believe that just like Diana & Fergie, William and Harry's future wives would only have agreed to marry them for love.

I can't think of one young woman from his circle who would want to put up with intrusion from the media and members of the public. If he manages to hang on to Kate, he should count himself blessed.:flowers:

...which prompted Cath to so famously imply that Wills was lucky to have her, not the other way around :whistling:

Lucky

...which prompted Cath to so famously imply that Wills was lucky to have her, not the other way around :whistling:

I really think it's sad that life has to be that way. However, I think that is a great statement on her part. Maybe that's why he seems to try extra hard to keep Kate. Many girls say they would love to be a princess, but how many could actually handle the pressure. When the media and others critisize the royal family for marrying based on status, i don't think people factor in the very limited amount of women willing to face that no matter how much they love him.:sad:

:ermm: :previous: I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of young commoner women out there who would gladly handle the pressure for love and if not for love then for the tremendous pay off. If Wills dropped Kate he would have women lined up outside his door by next day.

Why Royal courtiers are now talking about Prince William's wedding

Prince William has yet to propose to Kate Middleton, but courtiers have already been briefed to start working on a Royal Wedding, potentially for 2012.
The Mail on Sunday has been told that a wedding is now being openly talked about at Buckingham Palace and early-stage talks are under way to dovetail William and Kate’s wedding with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

Plans are well advanced for the Jubilee celebrations, although this is the first time there has been any suggestion of William and Kate marrying in the same year.

Personally I find it extremely hard to believe a wedding of a senior member of the Royal Family could be celebrated in 2012 - the year of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic Games.

Last edited:
:ermm: :previous: I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of young commoner women out there who would gladly handle the pressure for love and if not for love then for the tremendous pay off. If Wills dropped Kate he would have women lined up outside his door by next day.

So true.

If he finds a woman who loves him then he must grab her as the chance is very strong that any woman he gets will be more in love with the title and not the man.

Personally I find it extremely hard to believe a wedding of a senior member of the Royal Family could be celebrated in 2012 - the year of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic Games.

I agree. The Olympics are already a burden to London citizens, financially. If a wedding happens the same year of the Jubilee and the Olympics, I'll beat there would be plenty of complaints about the costs of all three events.

i agree he would have girls lined up, but would any of them be able to withstand the pressure as long as kate middleton has.. ?!? thats the real question any commoner (or any girl for that matter) should ask themselves...she's kept quiet and out of the spotlight all along, people barely know her! if we didnt get the occasional Daily Mail tidbit, no one would know she even existed..

referring to the latest speculation of a possible 2012 wedding date, it sounds to me like its mr wills putting on the brakes to this possible wedding, not kate..i doubt the idea of becoming a princess is the sole reason she has stuck around this long..theres gotta be more to it..ive said it many times

Why Royal courtiers are now talking about Prince William's wedding

actually the timing couldnt be any better! Wills and Cath are pretty much the only hope left for the british monarchy to survive after the Queen dies..now or never as they say

i have the feeling Her Majesty has high hopes for William...its too late for Pr. Charles, he's been plagued with too many scandals..

I can't wait to see this wedding happen... If it happens. I wonder if it's going to be a big tiara event or will it be like his parents? This will definitely be huge since it's the queens jubilee, the olympics and a wedding of a future king! I'm so excited!!

:previous: Yes and it sounds like it will be a great year to visit England :) I've never been there but might go in 2012 since so much is on. It would be better for tourists if all three events were packed together though.

I think it's very odd that they start planning a wedding before a proposal has been made but would BP just start planning a wedding? someone must have said something to BP that makes them start planning.

Something tells me a wedding in 2012 is unlikely as Marsel said, with the Diamond jubilee and the Olympics.

I'd just love to know how Nicholl would know whether William has proposed or not, does she have a wire tap connected to them wherever they go? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now we all know that the Daily Mail and all their reporters get told all the information before anyone else because they are so positive in their reporting of the royals.:lol:

i find it hard to believe that BP would be planning something like a wedding so far in advance. an

I too find it hard to believe that a wedding, Olympics and Jubilee will be held in the one year. Very very unlikely. It will have to be either 2011 or 2013 and I think if they choose 2013 people will have long since got bored of the entire saga. I think the realistic year has to be 2011 with an engagement at the end of next year or early January 2011 for various reasons.

1. There is the not mentioned issue of mortality to think of. I of course refer to the Queen and Prince Philip, both of whom are in their eighties now and Philip in particular does not seem to be in robust health. It would seem wise to have this wedding earlier rather than later, the last thing a senior royal wedding needs is a major funeral and long period of mourning to take place in the middle of proceedings.

2. If William wants to have any hair remaining for the wedding photos, I would get cracking on setting a date NOW.

3. If an heir is an issue, well a gal's biological clock can be a dicey thing, it looks likely she will be in her thirties before the next generation can be thought of, and she is no more exempt from an early menopause as the next woman ! William was at school when Diana was HER age !!!! Enough said.

4. I would imagine the Queen will want William and Kate on the balcony at the time of Jubilee as an established married couple so 2011 again seems to be the best bet on that.

I too find it hard to believe that a wedding, Olympics and Jubilee will be held in the one year. Very very unlikely. It will have to be either 2011 or 2013 and I think if they choose 2013 people will have long since got bored of the entire saga. I think the realistic year has to be 2011 with an engagement at the end of next year or early January 2011 for various reasons.

1. There is the not mentioned issue of mortality to think of. I of course refer to the Queen and Prince Philip, both of whom are in their eighties now and Philip in particular does not seem to be in robust health. It would seem wise to have this wedding earlier rather than later, the last thing a senior royal wedding needs is a major funeral and long period of mourning to take place in the middle of proceedings.

2. If William wants to have any hair remaining for the wedding photos, I would get cracking on setting a date NOW.

3. If an heir is an issue, well a gal's biological clock can be a dicey thing, it looks likely she will be in her thirties before the next generation can be thought of, and she is no more exempt from an early menopause as the next woman ! William was at school when Diana was HER age !!!! Enough said.

4. I would imagine the Queen will want William and Kate on the balcony at the time of Jubilee as an established married couple so 2011 again seems to be the best bet on that.

if the hair (or lack thereof..) is all he has to worry about...easy peasy

If it's a 2011 wedding an engagement should come soon but correct me if I'm wrong (read it in Daily Mail a while ago i think) that it's a general election in UK 2010 and the royal should/can not do anything to steal the limelight from the election. Anyway so an engagement should come after the election in that case

If it's a 2011 wedding an engagement should come soon but correct me if I'm wrong (read it in Daily Mail a while ago i think) that it's a general election in UK 2010 and the royal should/can not do anything to steal the limelight from the election. Anyway so an engagement should come after the election in that case

Isn't the general election in Summer 2010. That would leave a Christmas 2010 announcement perfect... or even January 2011 with a summer wedding. Its usual for royal engagements to be quite brief.

I agree. The Olympics are already a burden to London citizens, financially. If a wedding happens the same year of the Jubilee and the Olympics, I'll beat there would be plenty of complaints about the costs of all three events.

Actually, what you said made me think of something. With all three events close together, people wouldn't be able to focus on just one to complain about. In that sense 2012 could actually be a good year for William's wedding, as opposed to, say, the next year, when people would be able to just focus on his wedding. In 2013 people could easily say, "We just had to pay for all the pageantry and spectacle of the Golden Jubilee/Olympics last year and now we have to pay for this royal wedding?"

I'd almost bet on 2011 or 2012 for William's wedding just for that reason, not that I have inside information like Katie Nicholl!

However, a 2011 wedding will see the argument about the waste of money training him as an SAR pilot which is why I see a 2013 wedding so that he does actually do something to justify his training (albeit on the home front and not in a war zone), has time to establish himself as a full time working royal and then introduce Kate, or whomever, into the mix.

Actually, I think a 2012 wedding would make quite a bit of sense. First off, since William isn't the Duke of Cornwall or Prince of Wales, I reckon the RF will shell out quite a bit of money to pay for it. They have quite a bit of money in reserves I think. Security would already be top notch thanks to the Olympics and Jubilee, so they wouldn't be shelling out extra. The city would already be cleaned up and pretty. There will be plenty of tourist around to buy up the kitsch and help the economy. A wedding would be a smooth addition to all the events. It would really make London the centre of the world in 2012.
Plus, just cause Kate marries into the fold doesn't mean William would have to give up his military career. I reckon until Charles becomes King, William and Harry wont be very active royals. But rather be focused on their military careers, the obligatory royal duties, and then on the side forging out their royal identities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom