William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well. If he doesn't marry Kate in the next few years, breaks with her and find another girl/woman he truly loves, I wouldn't matter. :flowers: He's young and I think he's allowed to gain experiences. Everything I think is better than a unhappy marriage and divorce, right? :)

Well I hope it says that Prince William know the difference of LUST AND LOVE.
This girl has a lot of meat on her and not the press watching her every move.

I think this is just press talking.

If Prince William does not marry Kate Middleton in the next few years - I will not think highly of William. But again he did say
he would not marry until he was older. Let's just hope he loves Kate.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Why would you think bad of William? Unless William has entered into a marriage contract (do people still do that), he owes Kate nothing. And I say that as someone who is ambivalent about Kate. She knows the score. He is not forcing her to maintain their relationshp. She obviously loves him and is willing to wait.

It wouldn't surprise me if they dated for years, broke up for a "break" and he met someone, dated for like a year and married this other girl.

As I stated before, William does not have the luxury to guess on who he marries. He has to hope he gets it right the first time.

:previous:

Well said, Zonk. :flowers: It wouldn't surprise me as well. I think, they are two young people who are in love since a few years, but each of them has the right, to break the relationship and then find another partner if it doesn't work anymore. I know, I said it before, but its still my opinion.

ETA: Wait, yes it was reported. That was when it was reported Wills and Kate registered in a hotel as Mr and Mrs. Smith. But wasn't that a different holiday?

It might well have been, since Walker writes that Kate was working and couldn't go with them on this occasion. Maybe this group of friends heads to Cornwall a lot for short holidays. It's supposed to be a popular spot with the "Sloane-y" set in England, isn't it?

Well I hope it says that Prince William know the difference of LUST AND LOVE.
This girl has a lot of meat on her and not the press watching her every move.

I think this is just press talking.

If Prince William does not marry Kate Middleton in the next few years - I will not think highly of William. But again he did say
he would not marry until he was older. Let's just hope he loves Kate.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:
I agree with you on not thinking highly of him, for he obviously has the upper hand in this relationship and if he ends up dumping her after 8-10 years of dating her it seems to me as if he used her. This is my opinion!

I agree with you on not thinking highly of him, for he obviously has the upper hand in this relationship and if he ends up dumping her after 8-10 years of dating her it seems to me as if he used her. This is my opinion!

Kate is a grown woman in her late 20s with a tertiary education; she knows the risks. Relationships do end, and for various reasons. I think it's better for their relationship to end after 8-10 years dating than after 5 years marriage.

They are headed to the alter. They seem to me to be friends first, which is a great foundation to a happy marriage.

I wait patiently for the day they are ready to wed, and I wish them great happiness and joy together.

Off to the Caribbean?

So hot on the heals of the news that he was in Cornwall sans Kate - now comes news from a number of sources that Kate and William are together in the Carribbean.

I'm sure this queues up another round of engagement rumors...at this point do they ever really stop? :lol: Either way - nice to see that William is using the most of his break.

Examiner News Story

Daily Mail Link

They are headed to the alter. They seem to me to be friends first, which is a great foundation to a happy marriage.

I wait patiently for the day they are ready to wed, and I wish them great happiness and joy together.
I really agree with you!

I have just been reading this week's No Idea - according to that Kate and William are going to Balmoral this week to seek the Queen's permission to marry.

So they are currently in the Caribbean but are also going to Balmoral.

I am smelling a lot of wishful thinking from media outlets wanting to sell more magazines, papers etc to the gullible public when, in truth, no one knows anything because there is nothing to know - yet.

^ very true. And I have a feeling that the next news piece will be a split, but permanent this time.

Haha or maybe some sort of wedding news. Well hopefully bc this guessing game is getting dull.

That was really Kate??? I could barely tell!! She was a good actress

Well Kate works for her parents and seems to like it. I mean she's not being chased all over town by photographers. Not to mention the current economic situation... I'm sure if she did get a job somewhere she'll be accused of using her royal connections like Chelsy Davy when she was a law intern at a firm that usually takes law students from Oxford and Cambridge. I'm not saying she should go on this way but when she did have a job criticisms were still flying in her direction.

As I have said before any job she takes she will be accused of trading on connections if she works for her family errm well damned if you do damned if you dont springs to mind.

As I have said before any job she takes she will be accused of trading on connections if she works for her family errm well damned if you do damned if you dont springs to mind.
If she takes a job of her own volition there will be nothing to criticise.

As the old saying goes "there's no smoke without fire".

As the old saying goes "there's no smoke without fire".

That old saying is used constantly when one wants to spread rumour or information that has no basis in fact. It's been used to justify not having any correct information and just passing on speculation in the hope that someone will take it on as factual information. It's a very tired and overused saying by the 'I don't have any real information just assumptions' gang.

The discussion on whether or not Kate should work, who should she work for, whether or not working for her parent's is or is not REAL work is OVER.

There is never going to be a happy middle.

Let's move on.

Princess Kate?

Princess Diana's legacy lives on, 12 years after her death. Royal insiders say the palace is grooming a 27-year-old, Kate Middleton to become England's next princess. Charlie D'Agata reports.

Princess Kate? - CBS News Video

Ok,so now the 24th-30th week has passed:have they been to Balmoral?
Did Kate drink tea with the Queen while the men of the house went hunting (birds,if I remember rightly)?
I wonder who thought of that romantic scenario,she/he could have made a nice Hollywood movie...

Some nice photos on the video, but unfortunately, I was only able to hear Charlie D'Agota reporting! The video fell silent during the comments made by England's reporters. All in all, not a very interesting, much less informative, video.

I never know what to believe from what can be seen in the press, if anything at all. I really have no idea whether William will ever actually marry Kate.

This has been an interesting discussion to read through. Maybe I'm just a romantic but the way Kate and William look at one another speaks volumes to me. I guess that means I believe they will end up married. When that will happen is another matter and I actually give them credit for not rushing to the altar just to satisfy the media's persistent attempts to push them in that direction.

I think it must be difficult to be a girlfriend of Prince William....given his commitments in the military and the incessant media attention both he and any woman he's in a relationship with have to endure. I can't fault either's behavior in their courtship as I've thankfully never been in the public eye. Nor do I think it particularly problematic that Kate lives with her parents; she can trust them, after all, not to reveal details about her while roommates or others, if she were out on her own, could potentially talk to journalists or write books when and if she marries William. I also have to wonder how one would even go about handling a career in Kate's position--co-workers talk, she runs the risk of having her work scrutinized in the media, and potential clients might not like having such a high profile individual handling their affairs. Carolyn Bessette found that out when she began to be known as JFK Jr's girlfriend; she left her job at Calvin Klein because reportedly "she was getting more attention than the designer and apparel she was supposed to be representing." Actually, I think the comparisons between Carolyn and Kate are worth noting as they may potentially give some insights on what Kate is facing. Carolyn was a 20 something when she began seeing "America's Prince," attractive, fashionable, intelligent and personable. Like Kate, rumors of a pending engagement began quickly but JFK Jr. was dealing with his mother's recent death and the start-up of a magazine so a firm commitment was put on hold for awhile. As previously noted, Carolyn tried to work but, even before she was engaged to John, that proved challenging with the media following her to and from work and interrupting her day with calls and attempts to get her photo--and so she left Calvin Klein and was at loose ends for awhile. When she went out, photographers caught her talking to other men, smoking and drinking and this occasionally resulted in unflattering pictures and comments on her "suitability." Friends and former co-workers and even her hair stylist spoke about her to the media and Carolyn later said she felt trapped--caught in the midst of a situation which, even though not yet John's fiancee, kept her so much in the spotlight she was unable to lead her "normal" life. I believe Kate is going through much the same now so perhaps she's erring on the side of caution, trying to maintain as much privacy as she can by living at home and working in a lower-profile position. Being in this "gray" area has to be daunting but, as far as I can tell, she's doing her best so I hope it all works out well for her--whatever happens next.

Waitey Kaitey

"Anyway, all the usual suspects dashed to support Kate whose main problem, of course, is not that she has a drug dealer for an uncle but that she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

nomorekate.gif

"Anyway, all the usual suspects dashed to support Kate whose main problem, of course, is not that she has a drug dealer for an uncle but that she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

nomorekate.gif

This is a quote from? :flowers:

she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

nomorekate.gif
How sad and tasteless, that someone would take the time to make a nasty smiley about a young woman they have absolutely no knowledge of. It says a great deal about them and their lack of breeding, rather than Kate Middleton.:whistling: Tacky to say the least, which site was this taken from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom