William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is true and that they will announce something later this month. I love a royal wedding!

Point de Vue Mag is so unreliable, its scary ! They never get anything right...When it comes to a confirmed engagement for William and Kate, I will most likely only trust The Sun as a reliable source (at 97% reliability id say). It is a tabloid, i admit, however, guess who first reported that Kate and Wills were more than roommates, and then more then friends, and then that they had split up, and then they were back together..

LOL I guess the Daily Mail would be quite peeved at not being the 1st to have the "exlusive" breaking news of an engagement....however, in my opinion, DM never really reveal anything to its right extent, they always leave us hanging which makes me suspect the person behind the info, is probably close to the couple, whereas The Sun, they go straight to the point and give us all the crunchy info ie. the facts :p

Hence, I will believe the rumors when i read them in The Sun...:D

ohhhhhh, im' really excited, i really hopes this one is true!!!!!

I don't think they will marry before Victoria of Sweden and Daniel. They might be an engaged couple by then, but who knows. If they have anything planned, they're not in any hurry to make an announcement. Personally, I think it's a good thing, as they don't really need to marry until they both want a family. Look how long his uncle Edward dated Sophie until they married, and that relationship looks like it's still going strong. Maybe they are looking to that as an example.

Personally, I think it's a good thing, as they don't really need to marry until they both want a family. Look how long his uncle Edward dated Sophie until they married, and that relationship looks like it's still going strong. Maybe they are looking to that as an example.

I think it's certainly possible. Edward and Sophie seem committed and stable. They, along with The Queen and Prince Philip, would be the married couple I'd want to emulate if I were William and Kate.

I agree. Edward and Sophie seem quite happy and content with their nice little family. I hope they are having a lovely life and I wish the same for Kate & William.

I wonder and I guess that is all one can do until the big announcement but I suppose Kate cannot wait forever and her life has been on hold for ages. Rightly or wrongly it has been and a girl can't wait for Prince Charming forever.

I wonder whether she'll be at the Cheltenham Festival this year?

I have a feeling this time it might be true, although I don't see the need to rush it(March engagement, Summer wedding). I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ever since they broke the story of John Edwards' love child during the presidential primary campaigns. They beat the mainstream press to it by six months! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
What is Point de Vue's sucess rate in predicting such things? I know the Enquirer will occassionally print a recap of stories that they were successful in breaking before the more mainstream press.

I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ever since they broke the story of John Edwards' love child during the presidential primary campaigns. They beat the mainstream press to it by six months! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
What is Point de Vue's sucess rate in predicting such things? I know the Enquirer will occassionally print a recap of stories that they were successful in breaking before the more mainstream press.

So you do have more faith in publications that persist with stories about instances where the Queen may skip over Charles and name William King? Are these publications not aware that it is not in the Queen's powers to choose who succeeds her? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I almost fell off my chair when I heard about the Point de Vue article but now I have steadied myself I suppose there is a 50/50 chance that an engagement announcement will be made at the end of March. I do hope that if no announcement is made, the magazine in question will issue a sincere apology to its readers!

I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ---- ! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
Scary!!!:whistling: As Muriel has pointed out, HM has no power to 'skip' Charles and I believe the Camilla stories were all debunked at the time. But I expect people will continue to lap up these silly stories!

Scary!!!:whistling: As Muriel has pointed out, HM has no power to 'skip' Charles and I believe the Camilla stories were all debunked at the time. But I expect people will continue to lap up these silly stories!

Even if she had she might be old but not mad!!!

And on the Kate and Wills story, I will only believe it when I see them doing a press conference - these mags will write anything they want, they can speculate all day long with high profile names, an easy way to attract readers / buyers.

As for Point de Vue, I believe they are only changing subject after living off the Albert & Charlene to wed soon story for months and nothing happened - readers are not THAT stupid and at some point they need something that appears more likely to happen. Not sure if Wills and Kate are a good choice here but it's a good start as we can see even on this board, the story is already filling some pages!

I do hope that if no announcement is made, the magazine in question will issue a sincere apology to its readers!

Have they actually done that before?

As for Point de Vue, I believe they are only changing subject after living off the Albert & Charlene to wed soon story for months and nothing happened - readers are not THAT stupid and at some point they need something that appears more likely to happen. Not sure if Wills and Kate are a good choice here but it's a good start as we can see even on this board, the story is already filling some pages!

Watch - they'll hype up W&K and it'll really be A&C.

Your blog did mention that PdeV had got it wrong before and might be getting it wrong again, so I wouldn't worry about it. You were reporting on the report, not on the event.:)

Your blog did mention that PdeV had got it wrong before and might be getting it wrong again, so I wouldn't worry about it. You were reporting on the report, not on the event.:)

Absolutely agreed. Blogging that a magazine has reported a story is very different than blogging that something is true because a magazine says so. Don't worry, Sonjapearl! :flowers:

My goodness, the wedding meme is infectious! It's reached Australia now...:D

Next thing you know they will be coming out with commemorative items before an official announcment is made.

Too late ... didn't Woolworths make mock-ups of Wills & Kate china souvenirs way back in '04 or '05?

It is because of this that I take these reports with a grain of salt.

As the reports of an upcoming wedding have been reported for the last two or more years I am just not prepared to take any of these magazines seriously.

Woman's Day and New Idea run this story two or three times a year at least.

I remember reading a number of years ago that one French magazine reported about 20 times between 1952 and 1965 that the Queen was pregnant (all right they were right twice) but they also reported about the same number of times that the Queen and Philip were about to break up and separate or divorce. So out of about 40 reports two were correct - not a high accuracy percentage I would have thought.

As some time one of these mags will be right in announcing William's engagement and it might be this one but I will simply wait and see.

My goodness, the wedding meme is infectious! It's reached Australia now...:D

We're actually becoming a bit irritated with them dilly-dallying about the date. We've known since June that William proposed to Kate when they were on holiday in Mustique and we just want them to get on with it and get it all organised. I personally suspect they can't agree on the sort of pudding they'll have for the wedding breakfast.

We're actually becoming a bit irritated with them dilly-dallying about the date. We've known since June that William proposed to Kate when they were on holiday in Mustique and we just want them to get on with it and get it all organised. I personally suspect they can't agree on the sort of pudding they'll have for the wedding breakfast.

:lol: chocolate pudding for the wedding breakfast.

A question for those of you who are anxious for an engagement announcement:

Does William look like he is ready,able and willing to get married and settle down? The man keeps going to night clubs with and without Kate and stumbles out of them clearly drunk at 3-3:30 in the morning. He is enjoying himself and seems no where near ready for the responsbilities of marriage and family. Or would it be acceptable for you if he was still partying it up at various clubs after marriage? Or, do you view Kate as a starter wife?

:previous: I am not keenly waiting for an engagement annoucement, but this post certainly made me smile.

The man keeps going to night clubs with and without Kate

Is that a problem? Quite normal in the UK! Also, when you say "keeps going", are you able to estimate how often Wills has been seen at a club in the last 12 months or so?

The man keeps going to night clubs with and without Kate and stumbles out of them clearly drunk at 3-3:30 in the morning.

Is that statement mere speculation on your part, or based on credible information.

Or would it be acceptable for you if he was still partying it up at various clubs after marriage?

Our we missing a trick here and night clubs do not allow married men, or it is unacceptable for married men to goto night clubs?

The man keeps going to night clubs with and without Kate and stumbles out of them clearly drunk at 3-3:30 in the morning. He is enjoying himself and seems no where near ready for the responsbilities of marriage and family. Or would it be acceptable for you if he was still partying it up at various clubs after marriage? Or, do you view Kate as a starter wife?
She who is normally the first to criticise William or Harry for less than exemplary behaviour would have to point out that William has barely been seen in or out of clubs in recent months and a few 'well chosen' pictures certainly do not lead me to believe either man has been drunk and disorderly in recent months!

Contrary to popular believe,:D, life does not stop after marriage. Husbands and wives are still allowed out without the other half, they are still able to have a drink in a nightclub and party!:D:lol::ROFLMAO:;)

Does William look like he is ready,able and willing to get married and settle down? ... He is enjoying himself and seems no where near ready for the responsbilities of marriage and family.

i don't think he is but i think not only for the reasons you mentioned (free clubbing, living bachelor life etc) but also because he shies away from the grip of the media. could well be that kate is a victim of his unability to deal with them in an appropriate manner because of what happened in the past or even since his childhood.

getting engaged or even married will mean a full public spot on william and his life / cooperation with the media, endless questions on family, agenda, posing as a happy couple / family etc and as a future heir to the throne he cannot disobey in the long run, finally they will get their grip on him and there is no escape. i can imagine that william hates this - finally inevitable - part of his life so much that he will try to avoid it as long as he possibly can, at any cost, even when it does interfere with kate's interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom