William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Her family was probably advised not to issue a denial, as once you start reacting to the lies, they wouldn't have time to run a business.

If William does ask for Kate's hand, lets hope the Middletons say NO. Having seen the comments posted about their daughter now, they might have some idea of what will be said/invented after any engagement.:nonono:

I really do not know how it works but if I were in Carole's position and my daughter was the subject of that speculation, I'd make sure people knew I did not doubt William for a second.
Do you honestly believe that William will ask for her hand and the Middletons will say NO??

Until she exits the church on William's arm as Princess Catherine, what she does, how she lives her life, where she does it, and with whom is completely her business and no one else's, certainly not anyone on the internet. And especially since she has not been officially acknowledged by William nor the Queen nor Prince Charles as William's girlfriend.
Yes, maybe that’s the way it should be, but when she is out with William is she fair game for the media or not? If you’re a private person with a public figure, think you have to expect the intrusions and be ready for them. And being associated with William (very high profile in Britain with future direction/responsibilities already known), whoever he is with will always be vetted by both the media and his family. Whether fair or not, that is the way it goes with him. Since Kate has been with him for 4-5 yrs now, despite no acknowledgement, there is probably reasonable expectation for her and family to act responsibly, even while in the shadows of the spotlight. Ironically, it will probably be easier for her family after marriage.

But the question, marriage to whom?

:flowers::ROFLMAO: But how do we know that William has not been down on one knee and begged for her hand in marriage, only for her to disdainfully turn away. After all he may be her plaything!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Although I can't imagine it that would certainly be quite a sight :lol: one I would love to see!

Well he needs to get a move on then! I dont want to read another thing on Kate this year until he either pops the question or moves on from her for good.

I'm getting fed up with this limbo garbage.

sorry, girls, I am not keen on this kate middleton and find, that she is a boring person, who will not bring an affirmative incentive for the british monarchy.

waiting for years for that prince....ask yourself, will she also be waiting for william if he would be a taxi-driver?...and that is the point: is she a calculating person, or should be discussed about the other point of view in this matter: is it the real, the true love, that is worth to wait and wait, to sit it out and hope for the positive acquisition of this affair.

If they really spend a week up there and arrived on New Year's Eve, the 6. is included which would make for a perfect occasion for an announcement.

I just wish that they would stop playing all of these games and get on with it! If they are going to get married then why keep putting it off!

If they really spend a week up there and arrived on New Year's Eve, the 6. is included which would make for a perfect occasion for an announcement.

Are you serious? William saying "we got engaged today", followed by "ok guys I am off to the RAF for the next couple of years"? How strange would that be? I simply can't imagine him getting married during his RAF stint. It wouldn't get the media off their backs, rather the opposite: it would only turn Waity Katie into Engaged Waity Katie, raising even more questions.

i don't understand! Maybe I am missing something, but is William leaving the UK for the next 7 years or what? I think that alot of people get married and have full time jobs and some are even in the RAF, NO? The way that some of you guys talk William will be leaving earth for the next 6 to 7 years!

While I would like for William and Kate to do whatever they think is best for their relationship, I can’t help but wonder if it would be a good idea for them to marry before William is finished in the military and ready to be a full time royal. I can’t imagine that the media (and the public for that matter) would be willing to let Kate be married without carrying out public duties, and while William serving in the RAF while Kate carries out duties sounds possible I’m not sure that it would actually work out all that well. Having Kate out there in the public eye while William is rarely seen could lead to problems. Oh well I’m sure they know what they are doing :lol:

i don't understand! Maybe I am missing something, but is William leaving the UK for the next 7 years or what? I think that alot of people get married and have full time jobs and some are even in the RAF, NO? The way that some of you guys talk William will be leaving earth for the next 6 to 7 years!

From what I understand about the SAR position, he'll be stationed in Britain during and after training. It seems possible to me that he might continue to do the occasional official engagement, just as he's done during the past few years of his military involvement, while working full-time as a pilot. It might be a nice way to ease him (and his wife, should he marry) into the full-time working royal lifestyle.

I think William's military life is going to be significantly different than, say, Prince Andrew's. He was still being deployed frequently away from home when he first married Sarah Ferguson. It seems William will be more centrally located. I don't think it's an obstacle to marriage.

I think that alot of people get married and have full time jobs and some are even in the RAF, NO?

None one them happens to be a future King though. When looking at the media landscape in the UK and the image of the BRF it's a fanatsy to believe that Wills'n'Kate can do a normal army couple's life for a few years and doing a jack-in-the-box "we're back" when they think they are ready. William's future role is far too important and times are not easy for the institution these days, I don't think he'd get away with such a decision. I've said before, Harry yes, but not William and certainly not Kate who is considered to be workshy anyway. As soon as she gets that ring people want to see her in service for the country, not doing a private wifey job.

Are you serious? William saying "we got engaged today", followed by "ok guys I am off to the RAF for the next couple of years"? How strange would that be? I simply can't imagine him getting married during his RAF stint. It wouldn't get the media off their backs, rather the opposite: it would only turn Waity Katie into Engaged Waity Katie, raising even more questions.

The voice of reason again Duke. The only person who is really going to say there will be a marriage or not, whether anyone likes it or not, is William.
She will have the chance to either say yes or no, if he decides he wants to marry her and he gets the approval of his grandmother and other members of the BRF. At the moment he seems to be very comfortable with her waiting for the crumbs he throws her, a holiday here a royal outing occasionally ready to do the master´s will....... :whistling: the prestige it gives her when she is shopping etc...

While I would like for William and Kate to do whatever they think is best for their relationship, I can’t help but wonder if it would be a good idea for them to marry before William is finished in the military and ready to be a full time royal. I can’t imagine that the media (and the public for that matter) would be willing to let Kate be married without carrying out public duties, and while William serving in the RAF while Kate carries out duties sounds possible I’m not sure that it would actually work out all that well. Having Kate out there in the public eye while William is rarely seen could lead to problems. Oh well I’m sure they know what they are doing :lol:
Perhaps she will appear with Charles and Camilla until she finds her feet. However it could well be that she will only appear with William when he is doing his royal duties on his time off from the RAF.:flowers:
From what I understand about the SAR position, he'll be stationed in Britain during and after training
As the MOD has made it quite clear that William will not be at liberty to serve in Afghanistan (afair) or any 'hot spot', it seems you are probably correct in saying he will be based in Britain.:flowers: Therefore I can't see any impediment to their marriage or the liklihood of another Sarah/Andrew upset.

Well Sky, if he takes up golf there might be.....:lol:

Just to add some perspective (and my 2 cents), the PoW is not the head of the family, his mother is. When the queen took her birthday tour of the Scottish isles, Autumn Kelly was invited. Peter Phillips has admitted that they became officially engaged soon after. He had to receive permission from his grandmother to keep his place in the line of succession (although he could have gone to parliament if she said no) and he was #5 on the list, not #2 like William. The queen will be at Sandringham until after 6 Feb, the day of her accession. If there was an engagement, William and Kate would be at Sandringham with the queen, not off in Scotland. The story of William and Kate at Birkhall has been told before (2006, 2007, etc).

Just to add some perspective (and my 2 cents), the PoW is not the head of the family, his mother is. When the queen took her birthday tour of the Scottish isles, Autumn Kelly was invited. Peter Phillips has admitted that they became officially engaged soon after. He had to receive permission from his grandmother to keep his place in the line of succession (although he could have gone to parliament if she said no) and he was #5 on the list, not #2 like William. The queen will be at Sandringham until after 6 Feb, the day of her accession. If there was an engagement, William and Kate would be at Sandringham with the queen, not off in Scotland. The story of William and Kate at Birkhall has been told before (2006, 2007, etc).

Exactly :flowers:

If William and Kate are currently in Scotland nothing stop them getting engaged and going back down to Sandringham before or after William begins his training in SAR. That is pf he was planning to marry Kate anytime June or before. What princess may says is true if William had already talked to Queen about it before Christmas or I am wrong?

The problem with this is that so far (note so far) the Queen hasn´t invited Kate anywhere and up until now it is not certain that she has ever spoken to her more than a good morning or such.

If William and Kate are currently in Scotland nothing stop them getting engaged and going back down to Sandringham before or after William begins his training in SAR. That is pf he was planning to marry Kate anytime June or before. What princess may says is true if William had already talked to Queen about it before Christmas or I am wrong?

I think you're right. Plus, while one scenario may have been true for Peter and Autumn, it doesn't necessarily mean that the same scenario will happen for William and Kate.

The problem with this is that so far (note so far) the Queen hasn´t invited Kate anywhere and up until now it is not certain that she has ever spoken to her more than a good morning or such.

We don't know that the Queen hasn't invited Kate to private family functions, just that she hasn't been invited for Christmas yet, and only spouses or engaged partners are invited for Christmas.

Peter Phillips was #5 at the time of his birth (after Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Princess Anne). At his marriage to Autumn, Peter was #11.

How the RF proceeds with an engagement announcement regarding William will be much more planned and detailed than it had been with Peter.

sorry, girls, I am not keen on this kate middleton and find, that she is a boring person, who will not bring an affirmative incentive for the british monarchy.

waiting for years for that prince....ask yourself, will she also be waiting for william if he would be a taxi-driver?...and that is the point: is she a calculating person, or should be discussed about the other point of view in this matter: is it the real, the true love, that is worth to wait and wait, to sit it out and hope for the positive acquisition of this affair.

You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.

If she were a gold digger, there are richer men than William Wales for her to go after. :rolleyes: Besides, marrying a Prince of the United Kingdom means that you're marrying your country for life. Not all the money in the world is worth the loss of freedom for someone who doesn't really love her man.:flowers:

I agree with you, Sister Morphine.

You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.

That's okay you feel that way. You are definitely not the only one.

If she were a gold digger, there are richer men than William Wales for her to go after. :rolleyes: Besides, marrying a Prince of the United Kingdom means that you're marrying your country for life. Not all the money in the world is worth the loss of freedom for someone who doesn't really love her man.:flowers:

I agree with you, Sister Morphine.
Exactly I was talking to my mom about this yesterday and she was like don't think that just because they're royals and they have lots of money they're happy, they don't have the freedom that we have, she said William and Harry obviously have no choice they were born into it but she felt sorry for the women who married them and that they would need to truly be in love with them in order to give up so much.

BTW: I wanted to ask do we know what Kate sounds like, I know during her courtship to Charles we had heard Diana utter a few words but have we heard Kate speak at all?

There's a few YouTube paparazzi videos where you could barely hear her speaking. I tried to find them, but there's so many videos, I couldn't find the right one. But anyway, she has a light voice. Not high-pitched, but certainly not deep at all. I'd say Kate's voice is higher than Diana's.

ETA: here's one. You have to listen carefully, but you could hear Kate speaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31suVqks748

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom