William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree whole-heartedly.;)

now there's a good reason for wills and kate to get married: just to make people at The Royal Forums content, and avoid reaching the dreaded 2000+ pages in this particular thread...somebody pls contact the office at Clarence House at once

:ROFLMAO:

I can just picture the scene:

William: Granny - Kate and I wish to get married.

QEII: Why now? I thought you had agreed to wait until you had finished in the SAR.

William: Well I was reading the 'William and Kate: Engagement and Relationship Rumours and Musings' thread on 'The Royal Forums' (you know granny the really really good one about us) and they said they couldn't wait any longer so we have to do it now.

QEII: And what did your father say to that?

William: He agreed - he likes the forums too because many of them there like Camilla and he feels that we owe it to our loyal followers to do what they want.

QEII: Well, if that is what The Royal Forums want then so be it. I will tell the PM next time we have a conversation that I have given my consent and we will arrange a wedding for next year.

Whatever happen to Karagiozis?? The two weeks have passed a long time ago........I am still waiting......(That is a lie) I am not waiting. I would actually be very surprised if anything is announced anytime soon.

Oh, gosh, I wish this message board had rep power because I'd rep you a lot for this very amusing post! :flowers:

QEII: Why now? I thought you had agreed to wait until you had finished in the SAR.

William: Well I was reading the 'William and Kate: Engagement and Relationship Rumours and Musings' thread on 'The Royal Forums' (you know granny the really really good one about us) and they said they couldn't wait any longer so we have to do it now.

William: He agreed - he likes the forums too because many of them there like Camilla and he feels that we owe it to our loyal followers to do what they want.

QEII: Well, if that is what The Royal Forums want then so be it. I will tell the PM next time we have a conversation that I have given my consent and we will arrange a wedding for next year.

Whatever happen to Karagiozis?? The two weeks have passed a long time ago........I am still waiting......(That is a lie) I am not waiting. I would actually be very surprised if anything is announced anytime soon.

I think that if anything is to change in William and Kate's relationship, it will surely happen when all of us least expect it.

Yes...I think that it'll be like Edward and Sophie's announcement. Just out of the blue.:)

I think that if anything is to change in William and Kate's relationship, it will surely happen when all of us least expect it.

It's great that they clearly want to wait until they're 100% ready and committed to each other before taking such a serious step, especially in light of his family's issues with marriage.

That being said, how much of the situation in both William/Kate and Victoria/Daniel is chalked up to taking ones time out of deference and just plain not knowing what you want?

They are probably waiting until posters on the RF stop speculating!:D

They are probably waiting until posters on the RF stop speculating!:D

If they read the RF's posts and speculations about them, they will really miss them if we stop.
A lot of times gossip is preferable than just ignoring someone:whistling:

Wasn´t it the queen that was quoted as saying "I like gossip but not when it is about my family"....

Wasn´t it the queen that was quoted as saying "I like gossip but not when it is about my family"....

I do not know. Did she?? If she did say that, I am sorry since her family at times gives plenty of reasons to gossip about them.

I think I read it in Ingrid Seward´s book. Actually I think most women like gossip but it is different when it is about your own....

I'm sure Queen Elisabeth is a very intelligent person.
Personally,I never believed that there are people who never gossip about anything.It's in our nature and we sometimes do it without even realising it.
I would like to congratulate the Queen for admitting this:really smart choice ;)

Thia had me LOL-ing...I know I don't post much but I think Kate is a good match for Will and Diana would've been proud. She has been with the family long enough to know...

Who has been with the family long enough to know? The Queen? Diana? Kate?
I don´t think that Kate has ever met the Queen, she has been at the same occasions but I don´t think she has been introduced yet.

Who has been with the family long enough to know? The Queen? Diana? Kate?
I don´t think that Kate has ever met the Queen, she has been at the same occasions but I don´t think she has been introduced yet.

really?? how can that be?

I guess I am going to comment.. I don't think Kate is the greatest catch ever for William, but I don't think she's woefully inappropriate either....

The reason I say that is she does have a college degree, and doesn't seem to have a bad past...She also is discreet and seems content to let William have the spotlight before her.....I'm willing to bet that if William married her that marriage has a better shot at surviving than his parent's marriage. And if it does end it will at least be a more amicable break because she's more discret than Diana..At the very least Kate was discreet enough to Not do a tell all interview after the break up.

And seriously if the Crown Prince of Norway can marry a waitress who is a single mother, I don't see why William cannot marry Kate.

People say well Charles should have married Camilla. So William should marry Kate. I think that's ridiculous.. Who knows maybe Charles could have a found a bride that he would have been happy with. I bet that a big reason his marraige to Diane didn't work was because Diana was two young, they didn't date that long etc...

Still though I wish that Kate was doing something with her time rather than waiting around... And frankly I think waiting 6 more years is more than a bit ridiculous I wouldn't do that. If William doesn't want to Marry Kate he should break up with her.

We all think Kate has never talked with the Queen, maybe she has met her. She is acquainted with Prince Charles and Prince Harry.:nonono:
We?????

I for one absolutely believe Kate has met and spoken with the Queen on more than one occasion.

I think she's spoken with The Queen as well. Kate's been at several public (and family) functions also attended by the monarch (William's passing out at Sandhurst, Garter Day '08, the Phillips wedding, visits to Sandringham, etc.).

I do believe it is possible that the Middletons may never have met The Queen (but then, how many families meet the grandparents of their child's significant other before they are engaged?), but I'm certain that Kate has met her, and I believe they've probably also engaged in casual conversation.

Way over there in the US you can think that the Queen has met and talked to Kate. Here a bit closer to what is going on - I don´t think so. There would have been a feeding frenzy if that had happened........ She may have got a nod or a good morning/afternoon, but that is about it.
By the way there is no way the Norwegians can be compared to the English, the Nordic countries have always been more open to change and modern life and are far more accepting of it, perhaps in the future the English will follow suit, or perhaps not .

Way over there in the US you can think that the Queen has met and talked to Kate. Here a bit closer to what is going on - I don´t think so. There would have been a feeding frenzy if that had happened........ She may have got a nod or a good morning/afternoon, but that is about it.
By the way there is no way the Norwegians can be compared to the English, the Nordic countries have always been more open to change and modern life and are far more accepting of it, perhaps in the future the English will follow suit, or perhaps not .

I would expect that as Kate has been at a number of events at which the Queen has been present e.g. Sandhurst, Peter Philip's wedding, the Garter Ceremony that they have spoken, in private.

Just because they haven't been seen talking to each other doesn't mean that they haven't.

. . . . Just because they haven't been seen talking to each other doesn't mean that they haven't.
I wouldn't mind betting she made a point of meeting her out of sight of prying eyes. Let's face it, she has been Prince William's "significant other" for quite some time and I believe HM would at least like to check-out the "Woman who might be Queen" . . . . one day! :D

We?????

I for one absolutely believe Kate has met and spoken with the Queen on more than one occasion.

I seem to recall that we've seen pics of Catherine riding together with the queen in Windsor Great Park. So I guess they have spoken to each other.

Way over there in the US you can think that the Queen has met and talked to Kate. Here a bit closer to what is going on - I don´t think so.

If physical proximity provided more accurate answers :)rofl:), even closer still :)whistling:!), I may differ with Menarue. My view is that they have probably met in private, possibly on more than one occassion, and the Queen has probably had her opportunity to size up any potential consort for William.

There would have been a feeding frenzy if that had happened........ She may have got a nod or a good morning/afternoon, but that is about it.

As regards the feeding frenzy, I am sure this was all done outside the public gaze, so I doubt if the press would have got wind of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom