William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monarchy love should not be ruled by fences preventing men and women to love and be loved.

Nazma FOURRE

I hope that prince william brought us the queen kate middleton for his mum would have been the happiest woman in the world, has she lived the happiness of her beloved william. Camilla has no right to oppose to this relationship and following up rumours she has been preventing William to get engaged. Has she the right to after all she did to Diana? And besides who is camilla anyway in william's nothing, just merely nothing save bringing up bad memories . William should marry kate and tere is no reason why he couldn't.The magna carta law should be bypassed for once, for the sake of love.It is true that the magnacarta law prevents a royal member of the family to marry a non anglican. But what about love and human rights in this free democratic world. Prince william is a human being, like all of us, save that he belongs to the aristocratic world. This does not mean that he should torture himself in the royal imprisonnement. Life is for once only. For once, the magna carta law needs to be subject to revision and should state these words"Any royal family is entitled to marry an anglican and if is not the case the companion should follow anglican rules". This would indeed be less rigid as law for love is everything and the beauty of love could sacrifice one's religion for another. Forbidding such a love for the sake of monarchy rules and religions, is proned to be a dictatorial world.

Nazma FOURRE

I am really really confused..........What information do you have about Camilla with regard to William and Kate and what does the Magna Carta have to do with all this?

It is true that the magnacarta law prevents a royal member of the family to marry a non anglican.

Anglicans didn't even exist when the Magna Carta was adopted centuries ago. You're thinking of the Act of Settlement of 1701. And it's not non-Anglicans whom the monarch can't marry -- it's Catholics. A spouse belonging to any other non-Anglican faith is constitutionally acceptable.

But, of course, none of this applies to a potential marriage between Prince William and Kate Middleton, because Kate Middleton isn't Catholic. She's Anglican.

I've never seen anything suggesting Camilla is against Kate either.:ohmy:

In fact, I'm sure there was mention around the time William and Kate broke up for a bit, that either an article or a post here said that Camilla was sad about the breakup because she got along well with Kate.

Hope noone is stirring up more trouble for Camilla :ermm:
She'll be as happy for William as she was for her own children when they were engaged to be married.

Personally I highly doubt that Duchess of Cornwall meddles into Prince William's personal affairs because she can be viewed as the last person Prince William may listen to. It is strange to read that Duchess of Cornwall wishes Prince William to marry an appropriate girl. As we know, marriages for love is in vogue at the moment...

I find it hard to believe that Camilla would ever let her feeling on who/when William or Harry should marry be know in public.

I am really really confused..........What information do you have about Camilla with regard to William and Kate and what does the Magna Carta have to do with all this?

I am completely baffled:confused:

What a bizarre article! Camila isn't a foreign royal or a english lady with a title and she married the heir to the throne for love - so why would she want that for William.

People causing more trouble for Camilla I think:whistling:

I find it hard to believe that Camilla would ever let her feeling on who/when William or Harry should marry be know in public.

She probably didn´t (that is if she really did say that) know it would be public as she was supposed to have said it to a friend... I think if she did say it she was probably just echoing what most people in the royal circle think.

No one on the outside truly knows how she feels about anything, since she has been extremely discreet so far. All the years she had her romance with P Charles under wraps, was because of the discretion of her friends. Does anyone suppose these same friends are going to go talk with reporters or Camilla in her current position started blabbing??
Besides that author, reckoned, speculated about the whole thing. I wonder what else he found to say to fill that book.........:bang:

35 seems old to get married, however, I don't know if either Wiliam or Harry are really ready for marriage. Once 25 marriages last better unless maybe two people have been living together.

I'm sure after 30 odd years Camilla knows who to talk it and who not to talk to about things like this. As for what most in royal circles are thinking, considering that all The Queens children are, or have been, married to commoners, I doubt William or Harry will feel any obligation to do otherwise.

If someone is inventing they will find plenty to say. Yes, Camilla is very discreet, and she probably wouldn´t make a remark like that even to a friend.... I think her discretion is one of her best qualities.

... I think if she did say it she was probably just echoing what most people in the royal circle think.[snipped]
Naturally the courtiers would like Prince William to marry somebody, who belongs to the circle. However, the famously infamous debacle diminishes a leverage the courtiers may have on the matter, thereby allowing Prince William certain latitude in choosing a spouse. Thus, the courtiers will be cautious about their actions. Moreover, it is possible that people will be very skeptical, if Prince William does marry an appropriate woman (a member of another royal family or a noble family) as this marriage will suggest a pressure to be unhappily married for convenience.

Al, Where does that saying come from? I love it.
"Similar to tea ceremony, perfection should have an element of chaos to be absolute."

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

I think that poster must be reading that awful tabloid The Globe....according to the Globe Camilla hates Middleton and has forbidden the marriage! As for the Magna Carta and that other stuff...well...the truth is out there.....!!?

Nothing new. Still rumours.

It doesn't look that Camilla hate Kate or Kate hate Camilla. For her as for the mother (not wife) the most important are her own children. She could give advise to her step-sons if she have it and if she want do that.
Give me one realy good reason why the boys should look for that if their step-mother like or not their girl-friends or future wives?

Hopefully they respect their father enough to expect him to approve of their future wives. As an extension, his wife, their step mother is entitled to her opinions and could influence his opinions one way or the other.

Hopefully they will find whatever girls William and Harry choose acceptable to be so close to the throne.

She probably didn´t (that is if she really did say that) know it would be public as she was supposed to have said it to a friend... I think if she did say it she was probably just echoing what most people in the royal circle think.

You hit the nail on the head. I do not believe she has the sort of friends who give interviews to the tabloids.

Richard Kay's at it again over at the Mail, with a pretty intrusive (IMO) profile of the Middleton siblings. But even more strange is his claim at the end of the article that the Queen and Carole Middleton did have tea during Royal Ascot. I thought it was a pretty general agreement that none of the Middletons went to the races? He and his co-writer are offering this "meeting" as further proof that an engagement is on the way.

Wild side of Kate's family: Meet the Middletons who'll give the Queen vapours | Mail Online

Richard Kay's at it again over at the Mail, with a pretty intrusive (IMO) profile of the Middleton siblings. But even more strange is his claim at the end of the article that the Queen and Carole Middleton did have tea during Royal Ascot. I thought it was a pretty general agreement that none of the Middletons went to the races? He and his co-writer are offering this "meeting" as further proof that an engagement is on the way.

Wild side of Kate's family: Meet the Middletons who'll give the Queen vapours | Mail Online

I have just read this. Strong stuff. Durham coal miner descended. Also her wanting to be a photographer but wanted impossible conditions when she wanted a job. She now takes photographs of cakes that her brother has iced.... interesting.

I have just read this. Strong stuff. Durham coal miner descended. Also her wanting to be a photographer but wanted impossible conditions when she wanted a job. She now takes photographs of cakes that her brother has iced.... interesting.

Yes, but anyone here at the forums could have written that article as there was nothing new in it, absolutely nothing. Just a boring repetition of "facts" that were in all probability made up by the same people who "researched" this text.

Yes, but anyone here at the forums could have written that article as there was nothing new in it, absolutely nothing. Just a boring repetition of "facts" that were in all probability made up by the same people who "researched" this text.

I had no idea about the cake icing. :D

it seems like the article is desperate to find anything negative about the family, they bring up the gum chewing, the partying, the drinking, the fact that james dropped out of university. it reads like a sad attempt at trying to create scandals and trying to put them all in a bad light. they seem like a perfectly nice, normal family with nothing to hide and THAT'S refreshing.

The day anyone takes this kind of an article serious is the day that pigs fly. Just another hatchet job from some professional royal gossip whose nose is out of joint because he can't get anything out of anyone who is in a position to know anything about Kate and William's plans. And he also doesn't seem to be able to get his facts straight. Was she or was Mrs. Middleton not in attendance at Royal Ascot? LOL

Perhaps the interesting part is not what is written it is the message that not everyone is enchanted by the fair Kate..... Until recently she seemd to be the darling of the tabloids.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom