William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll be no dashing anywhere in a wedding dress with long train and attendants, plus tiara. :D
A long train? Whatever do you think the 6 attendants are for? :eek:
And as for the the Tiara . . . . with that sort of adrenalin rush a woman can lift a car off a child . . . . . a wedding tiara is but a trifle! :w00t2:

There'll be no dashing anywhere in a wedding dress with long train and attendants, plus tiara. :D
I don't know, she might decide to dash the other way, leaving said tiara and attendants in the aisle!:ROFLMAO:

I think that she is unofficially engaged to William, and is holding the secret, when she smiles it's as if to say, "I know something you don't ;)"

totally agree with you on that one!

If they were engaged we all would know, i know the middleton will never keep it quiet for long, she would have move to the palaces by now, i read the dailymail they said the Queen want kate to get a job before married, any way if they have got engaged the media will have find out the real truth and the photo,the rings to prove it all instead of them guess about it, all i have to said is let wait for william return in five week and let see what happen if they let the cat out of the bag?:ermm:

I think that the Middletons would keep things quiet until an official announcement. AFAIK they haven't spoken to the press or encouraged their friends to.

If they were engaged we all would know, i know the middleton will never keep it quiet for long, she would have move to the palaces by now, i read the dailymail they said the Queen want kate to get a job before married, any way if they have got engaged the media will have find out the real truth and the photo,the rings to prove it all instead of them guess about it, all i have to said is let wait for william return in five week and let see what happen if they let the cat out of the bag?:ermm:

Rather I view the public's behavior and these doom and gloom predictions of a mirror image of her and William's relationship to Charles & Diana, the Bad Years, as BS from jealous young girls on the internet.
I know plenty of people who are unsure of Ms. Middleton and none of them are jealous young girls.

Perhaps it's best not to insult those who have a different opinion to your own?

Perhaps those you know aren't posting. But there are indeed plenty of JEALOUS YOUNG GIRLS who shoot their mouths off on a daily basis at various royalty internet sites about Miss Middleton, someone they know nothing about. I'll stop judging THEM harshly when their CONCERTED baseless attacks against Miss Middleton cease. Until then...if they want to dish it, have at it, because surely they can handle the incoming.

Until then...if they want to dish it, have at it, because surely they can handle the incoming.
Great post. :flowers: It doesn't seem to work that way though, they can't stand anyone criticizing them, which is exactly what they are doing to Catherine. Take the recent 'news' in this thread, suddenly, according to one poster, Catherine has made 'another' career choice, when if they bothered to read past the headline, they would see it is not the case at all. Add to that the baseless accusation that she helps herself to freebies.

Still why read and understand what has been written in a tabloid and then let the facts get in the way of a little vitriol.:whistling:

Absolutely. I see some have made their way to this site. Here, however, there is a majority of common sense and decency that will call a spade a spade.

I know plenty of people who are unsure of Ms. Middleton and none of them are jealous young girls.

unless they know her personally, why would they criticize her unless they're jealous? it makes no sense to be so harsh about her lifestyle...she hasn't put a foot wrong since the press started hounding her, she's always dressed appropriately, has been the epitome of discretion since she started dating the prince and hasn't played up to or encouraged the media in any way shape or form (unless you consider going about your day to day business as encouraging them). she comes from a family that is fortunate enough to be able to provide a lifestyle that allows her to choose not to work and that's the beauty of your country...you can make that choice. i certainly hope that these same jealous people that continue to crticize her never come into any great fortune because they won't be able to change their lifestyle in any way shape or form because then they'd be considered hypocrits. if their opinions aren't based on jealousy, then perhaps they should provide some reasons for their intense dislike of her...ones that aren't based on her lifestyle.:flowers:

This has nothing to do with jealousy at all. I simply think that a young woman, who doesn’t have any visible direction in her life at the age of 26 apart from dating Prince William wouldn’t be a suitable choice as Queen consort for the future heir to the throne. What does she stand for apart from living an easy lifestyle on other people’s expenses – oh well, here we are, maybe she fits better into royalty than I thought but I am afraid she has chosen the wrong Royal House with the BRF.

Some posters will say now that it isn't Kate’s fault, the poor girl simply can’t have a career because the bad paparazzi make it impossible for her, or look at Diana or Camilla who didn’t have a career either - but I beg to disagree. We have arrived 2008, 21st century and when I look around I see other, much more exemplary attitudes in the same situation, eg Daniel Westling in Sweden, who is even dating the heiress to the throne and capable of doing his own business at the same time.

Then why are you posting here? You're entitled to your bad opininon about her, by why post here? Why do you care? Why not go to other threads about other royal families and slop sugar up and down them there if you prefer them so much? Why waste time criticing Kate and/or William and/or the British royal family here? There are TONS of K(h)ater sites around where you can bash her, why come here where most people seem to like the royal family and/or Kate? You're not going to change anyone's mind here, clearly. No matter what you say, the British royal family will be loved (no matter what they do) and exist for thousands and thousands of years, just like they always have from day one, for better or for worse, bless 'em.

This has nothing to do with jealousy at all. I simply think that a young woman, who doesn’t have any visible direction in her life at the age of 26 apart from dating Prince William wouldn’t be a suitable choice as Queen consort for the future heir to the throne. What does she stand for apart from living an easy lifestyle on other people’s expenses – oh well, here we are, maybe she fits better into royalty than I thought but I am afraid she has chosen the wrong Royal House with the BRF.
I read your post and all I can get from it is that you have decided Kate is unsuitable because you know nothing about her. "No visible direction", so because you don't see what she does during the day she therefore does nothing, she has no passions, no dreams for her future. "What does she stand for", how on earth can anyone know what she stands for if we don't know anything about her?. Well no that's not true, we have seen her hunting so I guess she stands for the right to hunt in the UK. May not be something everybody agrees with but clearly Kate does. I think that one big problem that Kate faces is that after 3 years in the media she has never spoken to 'us', told us about herself. We hear all about the woman, week after week. Friends are saying this, sources are saying that and all the while the very woman all the fuss is about has said nothing. Wouldn't it be better to at least wait to hear from Kate herself before deciding that she has nothing to contribute.

It is so refreshing to read remarks from others who are not taking nasty swipes at the prince's girlfriend. Decency, fair minded, non-judgmental towards a person who dates a prince. You all are a breath of fresh air.:flowers:

And in my opinion, much of the sniping about her has absolutely everything to do with (1) jealousy and (2) immaturity. Many of the particularly nasty sites devoted to Kate Middleton are populated by people who sound like they are not yet out of high school: repeated poor spelling, poor grammar, malaproprisms, basically unintelligible posts. I know it's the internet, English is not everyone's native tongue, and I'm far from William Shakespeare, but just borderline ignorant posts nevertheless. Also many of the opinions about Kate's ALLEGED lack of employment, independence, etc., sounds like views of kids who really haven't held their first job yet alone worked many years to develop a career. In short, it's painfully obvious to me that the bitterness directed at Kate Middleton is based on nothing more than spite, envy, "Mean Girl" syndrome, herd mentality, and a bit of class snobbery.

What healthy person really wants to spend every day signing on to the internet to attack the prince's girlfriend, email tabloids with bootleg Facebook snaps of her and her family, and repeatedly vote to skew opinion polls by Hello Magazine? As if any of their opinions matter one iota in Kate or William's lives?

Could we please keep the tone civil.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion and everyone who abides by the Forum rules is entitled to express those opinions in these threads without having their right to do so questioned by those who may disagree with their views.

Thank you.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Here in the US, the people have to pick a head of state every 4-8 years based on sound bites, videos and photographs. The majority of us will never have a chance to meet, let alone speak to those who want to run this country. Our decisions are based on the information we receive plus a great big dollop of hope that we are choosing the correct person. If we are wrong, we have the ability to vote them out of office. In the UK, one of the heads of state is in that position by an accident of birth. The British people do not have a say in who this person is, but they can still raise questions about who that person marries, because that spouse will breed another future head of state. Just because the people have not heard Ms. Middleton voice any opinion or speak up for herself does not mean that people cannot question her motives and her character based on what has been out in the press. A private person who is a celebrity just because she is dating a public person, who has not been seen to do anything to develop her own mind and character since her relationship went public, is bound to raise some questions about her suitability as the consort to a future head of state whose only job is to be of service to the people. I am sure there are some out there who are jealous because they want to be in her position, but there are others who are truly concerned about maintaining the respect of the monarchy in the eyes of the British people and the world at large. If there is an engagement, she will have a lot of explaining to do during the engagement interview, if there is one at all. Remember, Camilla and Charles did not have one when their engagement was announced.

To me the problem seems to be that we get the feeling we "know" someone because we read about the person almost on a daily basis and see some pictures when in fact we know nothing. You make a good point May but how do you know that Kate does "nothing" to further her education or "grow" as a person? Kate is maybe pictured on 3-4 occasions per months. None of us has any idea what she does the rest of the time. What has she done the last 7 days? Do you know how she spend her time? No you don't. What kind of person is she? Is she articulate, well read, interested in politics? We have no idea... So what you are basically "complaining" about is the tiny part of Kate's life that we see which may be 10% of her whole life. I don't think one can seriously question her "suitability" (whatever that is) based on that little information. That's like trying to figure out what a puzzle with 1000 pieces shows when one only has 10 out of them. And I also don't believe that one can tell someone's personlaity from a couple of pictures.
The difference to the President election is clearly that there are dozens if not hundreds of interviews and debates with the candidates in which they can explain themselves and their position. I think one can far better evaluate a person when they are speaking than merely based on rare pap pics and gossip articles. Kate has not said a single word to the press. So we do not "know"her at all, we only know the tiny fraction that is her "public persona".

I agree May. Whomever William marries isn't just going to be his wife, she'll be a representative of Britain and the Commonwealth. That she makes him happy, unfortunately, isn't enough.

Unfortunately Isana, we'll never hear a peep from Kate Middleton until an engagement is announced and by then the dye is cast. We can only judge her on the now.

The information that you receive on those running for office comes not just from the media but from the people themselves. You will hear them make many speeches, hear what they are for, what they are against. You will read about all the dirt the media can dig up and read all the praise they heap on them. It is a balanced image of the person, how true an image is a whole other matter but it's balanced. That is not the way it is with Kate and if someone wants to base their opinion on the reports of a fickle media then they are quite entitled to do that but how do you expect to come to a fair conclusion if you only have half the story, is it a big leap to presume that someone who is going to judge on just media reports is not looking for a fair answer.

we'll never hear a peep from Kate Middleton until an engagement is announced and by then the dye is cast. We can only judge her on the now.
My point was that we shouldn't "judge" her at all. Not on the basis of such shaky information.
It's exactly the down-side of a monarchy that you don't get to chose you head-of-state and not his/her consort either. It's Will's choice and I fear that she makes him happy is all that matters. He'll have to spend the rest of his life with her and his father's history shows how tragic that can end up if someone else tries to find the "perfect Princess" for him. Prince Haakon married a former drug-addict who has a child out of wedlock and she makes a splendid crown Princess by all accounts. I see no reason why Kate couldn't make it, if Mette Marit managed. Seriously being a Royal is a taxing job but hardly rocket science. She'll learn and she'll do her job if she should indeed marry William. So far all Crown Princesses were "suitable" for the "job". If something went wrong it was ususally the private life that didn't work out.
Amelia, I agree. That's what I was trying to say.

It's exactly the down-side of a monarchy that you don't get to chose you head-of-state and not his/her consort either. It's Will's choice and I fear that she makes him happy is all that matters.

At the end of the day in democracy you don't have influence either over the consort ... some head-of-state divorce, some remarry, some do this more than once ... don't want to mention any names, but it happens pretty often. :whistling:

Whomever William marries isn't just going to be his wife, she'll be a representative of Britain and the Commonwealth. That she makes him happy, unfortunately, isn't enough.
I think the fact that they love one another and hopefully make one another happy will be enough. We saw what happens when the principle characters marry for 'the good of the dynasty'. Catherine is clearly intelligent and that is also one of the most important considerations when talking about a partner to the head of state, someone representing the UK.

Not everyone approved of Diana as wife to the hardworking Prince of Wales. She was seen as a spoiled aristocrat, who lived in one of the best parts of London and played at working, first as a cleaner for her sisters friends, then as a very part time child care assistant, (a couple of days a week), to wealthy families who sent their children to an expensive nursery. She had nothing in common with 'ordinary' people and yet managed to make her mark.

Nothing Catherine can do in the 'real' world can prepare her for life in the royal family, or would you want your head of state working for Walmart? What do people think she can learn from working as a cleaner or child care assistant. What can she learn from working as an AA in a large company, how to file, work a computer keyboard? If she was seen to be in paid employment, what good would it do, she won't have to work out her finances, she won't have to pay utilities, struggle to pay any of her expenses, so what do people expect her to 'learn'?

That, IMO, fuels some of the apparently jealous comments about a young woman nobody knows anything about!

As usual you've said it well, Skydragon and you too, Isana.

:flowers:Well, my thoughts are if they are to become engaged, that perhaps they will have a better chance for happiness than the Prince's parents did. I only wish them the best, regardless of whom they marry.

Well said Skydragon! And ya I do think they'll be better off then Charles and Diana only because I beleive the fact they've been together longer and know each other better will help them in the long run.

I think Kate is well aware that the throne is entitlement to many responsibilities. Along the way she must confront choices that will enable her to prepare herself to lead. Imagining becoming a future Queen must be other worldly and a fantasy that can inspire us to take liking to their creative livelihood. Rather than expecting a fulfillment of stature I think she should worry very little and follow maybe a path that satisfies her own personal interests. I'm sure she can be inundated with suggestions as to who to be and in time we will see a more understanding Crown Princess to be. So enjoy I'd say.

Ya see that's my thing too she should be who she wants to be, I just know the minute that ring goes on her finger thre's going to be comparison to Diana galore and she really shouldn't listen to that she should be herself and not try to be someone else.

I think Catherine with Prince William's love will be able to be true to herself. She will be a "princess" in her own way, not like Diana, Princess of Wales.:flowers:

^Exactly and that's the only thing I expect from her, to be true to herself

Who has a "career" in their teenaged years???:D She DID hold the odd jobs and worked on a sailboat and as a server at a bar while in college. She also did some modeling. There are scores of privileged kids who have done absolutely ZILCH during college years. A 50-year old professional who has steadily worked in one profession, over the years has been promoted to successively more challenging and substantive positions within that profession and/OR over the years has built a SUCCESSFUL business has a career. A 19-year old college co-ed has a job. There is a difference. Kate going out and securing some entry-level position to silence her "critics" would not impress me. At all. Nor them. They tore her apart when she went to work at Jigsaw just because it was arranged and part-time. Anyone who thinks that all jobs are secured by merit alone, or that at this point in her life Kate Middleton would get a job on merit alone are in for a rude awakening. It truly is not all about what you know or how well you perform.

So absolutely, the Kate is lazy thing is just a way to continue to bash by young girls who would trade places with her in a nano-second and do without argument exactly as her boyfriend's royal advisers tell her. And would do it with a larger hat and without half the class and dignity as Kate Middleton. I know that like I know the sun will rise tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom