The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKing

I believe they both have. I'll have to look into it.
Ok! I think William has for sure.... My point was more Africa is the continent and South Africa the country- you can visit the continent without having visited the country. :)

Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Commoner

Poland, of course (becouse I'm from this country).I hope they will visit places like Kraków(Prince Charles adore this city) ,Gdańsk and Wrocław.These places are significant becouse of many reason and they are amazing.Warsaw,capital of Poland isn't very beautiful,but Royals do not go on tours for sightseeing.Unfortunately...

Old 07-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Nobility

How about the Land of the Long White Cloud it is paradise..please believe me K & W...especially Lake Taupo in the Nth Island and then Queenstown for the Sth Island
Old 07-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Seeing as he will be posted to the Falklands next year, I would wish them a holiday at South Georgia - watching the penguins...
Old 08-12-2011, 06:54 AM

I would love them to come to Portugal, and go on tour of Europe because Britain's in Europe too xx
Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

hopefully they come 2 America again i would luv 2 meet them probably dc r atlanta
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

How come royals never come to Hawaii? I would think they would like it here. Its beautiful and if privacy is what is needed we have that too. I know Hawaii is just a bunch of islands in the middle of the ocean but Im sure there are alot of us who would love to have some royals visit. So I would have to say that William and Catherine need to come here just once at least. :)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
You will have to get the state to extend an invitation if you want a official visit from a member of the BRF. Perhaps there is some anniversary of Cook or a GB-Hawaii Treaty coming up that the state might want to celebrate.

A private visit is likely to be more difficult due to the intrusive nature of the American media. Even if the visit was unannounced someone would sell them out.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
hopefully they come 2 America again i would luv 2 meet them probably dc r atlanta
Visiting countries which William currently stands to "inherit" one day should take place before they even consider an official return to the US.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Nobility

I totally agree.

I also think the BRF is very sensitive to this fact. I don't know the exact ratio of visits to Commonwealth countries vs non-Commonwealth countries, but it is quite high (for the Commonwealth countries, of course) and I expect it will remain so for the foreseeable future.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Nobility

I would expect they will go to Australia or New Zealand next (after this trip.)
Old 09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Nobility

I agree. Australia will see them in the next few years and I think William and Kate will love it there.

The Commonwealth Realms page of the official website of the British Monarchy here:
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Australia > Royal visits lists how many 'official' visits the Queen has made to Australia (16) and Canada (over 20).

The Queen made official state visits - as the Queen of the United Kingdom - to the US in 1976, 1983, 1991, 2007 (or approximately every decade). HM also made official state visits to the US - as Queen of Canada - in 1957 and 1959 (when Canada was a Dominion).
List of state visits made by Queen Elizabeth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect that William and Kate will follow much the same pattern of Commonwealth vs non-Commonwealth official state visits in the future.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

I would think that Australia and New Zealand are next up. Say 2013 for baby making, it would be cool for William & Kate to bring their first child to Australia & New Zealand in early 2014 - Just like William's parent did with baby Wills.

I can see the Cambridges doing more and more of the overseas trips in the future as the Queen & Phillip will stop going overseas and Charles & Camilla take more of the Queen and Phillip's workload plus Charles & Camilla are getting older too.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Gentry

well there going to Singapore in sept
Old 10-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing that Canada is the most popular destination for the BRF, I would love to see W&C back here in a couple of years. The Earl of Wessex has been to Canada 33 times and HM has visited Canada more than any other of her other realms.

Remeber the Duchess of Cornwall has been on official tours to Canada twice and her upcoming tour to Australia will only be her first.
*fingers crossed* W&C will be back in Canada within the year
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, since they've now been to Canada, and Australia/New Zealand , I think they should visit Jamaica, and some of the other Caribbean realms.
I'd love to see them back in Canada, and The United States, of course, since I live here. Rumor has it they're coming to Tennessee next month, that's for a wedding, not for a tour. Michigan, New York, San Diego, Washington DC etc.
So those are my preferences, but I can't wait for the next tour- I will always be happy when they go on tour to any part of the world. I love it. So much fun!
Some solo tours might be nice, and if Catherine were to do a tour solely visiting children's charities and hospices, I would be thrilled.
It also would be fun to see them meet other European monarchs.
Plenty of time for all this.
I admire the queen, and the Prince of Wales, but in some ways I cannot wait till William and Catherine are King and Queen.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Well, since they've now been to Canada, and Australia/New Zealand , I think they should visit Jamaica, and some of the other Caribbean realms.
I'd love to see them back in Canada, and The United States, of course, since I live here. Rumor has it they're coming to Tennessee next month, that's for a wedding, not for a tour. Michigan, New York, San Diego, Washington DC etc.
So those are my preferences, but I can't wait for the next tour- I will always be happy when they go on tour to any part of the world. I love it. So much fun!
Some solo tours might be nice, and if Catherine were to do a tour solely visiting children's charities and hospices, I would be thrilled.
It also would be fun to see them meet other European monarchs.
Plenty of time for all this.
I admire the queen, and the Prince of Wales, but in some ways I cannot wait till William and Catherine are King and Queen.
I think a trip to the Caribbean realms by Willam and Catherine or Charles and Camilla shortly is probably called for. Also, either of the two should do an official trip to Africa soon.