Which Countries Should the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visit?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the Duke and Dutchess return to the United States?

I know that Prince Willaim has been here several times before with his parents, but this is Kate's first trip to the United States.

With the U.S. having so much to offer, I hope they do another official visit to the U.S.A. Or they can do what the late Princess Diana did, as far as coming here privatley, and going to the countryside to get a way.

New England and the East coast would be ideal for them, since I believe Kate has expressed interest in going to the Eastern part of the United States. Boston is gorgeous, and the New England states are Commonwealth states. I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip visited the commonwealth states when they did their official U.S. tour a few years ago. I do recall hearing about the Queen and Prince Phillip visiting ground zero in New York City. That was cool.

I'm sure Kate would love to go to Washington D.C. and New York.

Though they may not come to the U.S. in on an official visit until 2013, due to 2012 being an election year, it would be cool if they did on a private visit.

I would love to hear wills and Kate visiting the northeast, they've only been to Washington DC to visit the obamas but I know they'll love new York,massachusetts and new Hampshire. Visiting Boston would be awesome since we have a city here named after their dukedom - Cambridge and they take a tour of harvard university it would be so exciting to know the royals are in the neighborhood! I hope they come to Boston and Cambridge and see all the great sites massachusetts has to offer including nature. If princess Diana liked the northeast then William will too since we are after all name most of our cities in towns after England , I mean we are new england - Cambridge,MA - Manchester ,NH- And I know it's not only me that wishes for a royal visit in the future. :fingers crossed:

William and Catherine haven't been to Washington D.C. They met the Obamas when they went to England for a state visit.

I know that Prince Willaim has been here several times before with his parents, but this is Kate's first trip to the United States.

With the U.S. having so much to offer, I hope they do another official visit to the U.S.A. Or they can do what the late Princess Diana did, as far as coming here privatley, and going to the countryside to get a way.

New England and the East coast would be ideal for them, since I believe Kate has expressed interest in going to the Eastern part of the United States. Boston is gorgeous, and the New England states are Commonwealth states. I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip visited the commonwealth states when they did their official U.S. tour a few years ago. I do recall hearing about the Queen and Prince Phillip visiting ground zero in New York City. That was cool.

I'm sure Kate would love to go to Washington D.C. and New York.

Though they may not come to the U.S. in on an official visit until 2013, due to 2012 being an election year, it would be cool if they did on a private visit.

The Queen and Phillip only visited because it was the 400th anniversary for the founding of Jamestown. I do not remember them visiting Ground Zero but I know Harry did on a private tour funded by the Queen. That could be a nice benchmark for William and Kate should they come to the U.S. ( It being funded by the Queen.)

I am not certain about them making any official tours of the U.S. as they are not heads of state or even the heir as Charles is. I would say that about any country by the way not just them. State dinners/tours can be expensive for the country hosting them and during difficult economic times this has to be considered. That is one of the reasons why it should be restricted.

I would rather see them visit India or South Africa. Two countries that I don't believe have been visited recently.

I hope they visit the Philippines! Our country is poor, but it has very beautiful landscapes that we Filipinos are proud of! And there are also lots of foreign tourists. Princess Caroline and Prince Andrea of Monaco has set foot here in our country, and I hope they will too soon! :D

Slovakia! I live here and I would like see them!

The Queen and Phillip only visited because it was the 400th anniversary for the founding of Jamestown. I do not remember them visiting Ground Zero but I know Harry did on a private tour funded by the Queen. That could be a nice benchmark for William and Kate should they come to the U.S. ( It being funded by the Queen.)

I am not certain about them making any official tours of the U.S. as they are not heads of state or even the heir as Charles is. I would say that about any country by the way not just them. State dinners/tours can be expensive for the country hosting them and during difficult economic times this has to be considered. That is one of the reasons why it should be restricted.

I would rather see them visit India or South Africa. Two countries that I don't believe have been visited recently.

Um, Kate has been to Africa. That's where William proposed to Kate.

I think going to the northeastn part of the U.S. would be good if they decide to come to North America again, because they are commonwealth states, and because its very scenic and very quiet up there. Places like Rhode Island, Boston, Martha's Vinyard are idea, because its quiet and it would be a good place to go, where no one would bother them.

Remember, Diana has a lot of friends in the U.S. If Will and Kate ever decide to go to the U.S. to get away from the craziness in England, I'm sure Diana's old friends would hook them up, and not tell anyone where they are it, so they can have some privacy.

Let's not forget that Prince William once visited a ranch in Montana when he was 10 years old. Diana sent him there for a few weeks, to get away from the craizness that is the royal family. If they decide to go there, I'm sure Diana's friend will keep them coming there a secret, so they can enjoy themselves without the media hassling them.

LionKing said:
Um, Kate has been to Africa. That's where William proposed to Kate.

She's been to Kenya....South Africa is a different country so yes Kate's been to the continent of Africa but not the country of South Africa (that we know of) as the jemagre suggested.....

William and Catherine haven't been to Washington D.C. They met the Obamas when they went to England for a state visit.

I believe that's where they'll be going the next time they come to the States. They are not head of the state, but William is the second in line to the throne. Not to mention, both are very popular, because of their youth. So them going to Washington and meeing the President in the White House will definately be a big deal.

She's been to Kenya....South Africa is a different country so yes Kate's been to the continent of Africa but not the country of South Africa (that we know of) as the jemagre suggested.....

I believe they both have. I'll have to look into it.

LionKing said:
I believe they both have. I'll have to look into it.

Ok! I think William has for sure.... My point was more Africa is the continent and South Africa the country- you can visit the continent without having visited the country. :)

Poland, of course (becouse I'm from this country).I hope they will visit places like Kraków(Prince Charles adore this city) ,Gdańsk and Wrocław.These places are significant becouse of many reason and they are amazing.Warsaw,capital of Poland isn't very beautiful,but Royals do not go on tours for sightseeing.Unfortunately...

How about the Land of the Long White Cloud it is paradise..please believe me K & W...especially Lake Taupo in the Nth Island and then Queenstown for the Sth Island:nzflag:

Last edited:
Seeing as he will be posted to the Falklands next year, I would wish them a holiday at South Georgia - watching the penguins...

I would love them to come to Portugal, and go on tour of Europe because Britain's in Europe too xx

hopefully they come 2 America again i would luv 2 meet them probably dc r atlanta

How come royals never come to Hawaii? I would think they would like it here. Its beautiful and if privacy is what is needed we have that too. I know Hawaii is just a bunch of islands in the middle of the ocean but Im sure there are alot of us who would love to have some royals visit. So I would have to say that William and Catherine need to come here just once at least. :)

^^^^
You will have to get the state to extend an invitation if you want a official visit from a member of the BRF. Perhaps there is some anniversary of Cook or a GB-Hawaii Treaty coming up that the state might want to celebrate.

A private visit is likely to be more difficult due to the intrusive nature of the American media. Even if the visit was unannounced someone would sell them out.

Last edited:
hopefully they come 2 America again i would luv 2 meet them probably dc r atlanta

Visiting countries which William currently stands to "inherit" one day should take place before they even consider an official return to the US.

:previous: I totally agree.

I also think the BRF is very sensitive to this fact. I don't know the exact ratio of visits to Commonwealth countries vs non-Commonwealth countries, but it is quite high (for the Commonwealth countries, of course) and I expect it will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I would expect they will go to Australia or New Zealand next (after this trip.)

:previous: I agree. Australia will see them in the next few years and I think William and Kate will love it there.

The Commonwealth Realms page of the official website of the British Monarchy here:
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Australia > Royal visits lists how many 'official' visits the Queen has made to Australia (16) and Canada (over 20).

The Queen made official state visits - as the Queen of the United Kingdom - to the US in 1976, 1983, 1991, 2007 (or approximately every decade). HM also made official state visits to the US - as Queen of Canada - in 1957 and 1959 (when Canada was a Dominion).
List of state visits made by Queen Elizabeth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect that William and Kate will follow much the same pattern of Commonwealth vs non-Commonwealth official state visits in the future.

Last edited:
I would think that Australia and New Zealand are next up. Say 2013 for baby making, it would be cool for William & Kate to bring their first child to Australia & New Zealand in early 2014 - Just like William's parent did with baby Wills.

I can see the Cambridges doing more and more of the overseas trips in the future as the Queen & Phillip will stop going overseas and Charles & Camilla take more of the Queen and Phillip's workload plus Charles & Camilla are getting older too.

Seeing that Canada is the most popular destination for the BRF, I would love to see W&C back here in a couple of years. The Earl of Wessex has been to Canada 33 times and HM has visited Canada more than any other of her other realms.

Remeber the Duchess of Cornwall has been on official tours to Canada twice and her upcoming tour to Australia will only be her first.
*fingers crossed* W&C will be back in Canada within the year :D

Last edited:
Well, since they've now been to Canada, and Australia/New Zealand , I think they should visit Jamaica, and some of the other Caribbean realms.
I'd love to see them back in Canada, and The United States, of course, since I live here. Rumor has it they're coming to Tennessee next month, that's for a wedding, not for a tour. Michigan, New York, San Diego, Washington DC etc.
So those are my preferences, but I can't wait for the next tour- I will always be happy when they go on tour to any part of the world. I love it. So much fun!
Some solo tours might be nice, and if Catherine were to do a tour solely visiting children's charities and hospices, I would be thrilled.
It also would be fun to see them meet other European monarchs.
Plenty of time for all this.
I admire the queen, and the Prince of Wales, but in some ways I cannot wait till William and Catherine are King and Queen.

Last edited:
Well, since they've now been to Canada, and Australia/New Zealand , I think they should visit Jamaica, and some of the other Caribbean realms.
I'd love to see them back in Canada, and The United States, of course, since I live here. Rumor has it they're coming to Tennessee next month, that's for a wedding, not for a tour. Michigan, New York, San Diego, Washington DC etc.
So those are my preferences, but I can't wait for the next tour- I will always be happy when they go on tour to any part of the world. I love it. So much fun!
Some solo tours might be nice, and if Catherine were to do a tour solely visiting children's charities and hospices, I would be thrilled.
It also would be fun to see them meet other European monarchs.
Plenty of time for all this.
I admire the queen, and the Prince of Wales, but in some ways I cannot wait till William and Catherine are King and Queen.

I think a trip to the Caribbean realms by Willam and Catherine or Charles and Camilla shortly is probably called for. Also, either of the two should do an official trip to Africa soon.

It would be really nice if they did visit Virginia. Actually, it would work in quite well with a trip to D.C. too. Same neck of the woods. One place I think William and Kate and the kids would love is a trip up into the Shenandoah National Park. You have to drive slow because the deer will wander right into the road and if you stop, they'll come up close and personal to the car window. Beautiful animals.

Did I mention yet that this is my neck of the woods even though I'm just across the border from Virginia in West Virginia. Its a beautiful area with a lot of history. Berkeley Springs isn't too far either and was known as Bath, Virginia before the Civil War but is now in West Virginia and is the sister city to Bath, Somerset, England due to the natural mineral springs.

Tours I would like to see them do include:

> Australia and New Zealand, it has been 5 years since they went
> China: A proper working tour covering multiple locations
> Africa
> Carribbean

I’ve been wanting them to tour Africa and the Caribbean for a while now. Perhaps in 2 years time they can do a big tour of the US.

Back
Top Bottom