The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Commoner

Definitely the states, we'd love to see them here!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
William and Kate to visit New Zealand in 2012

Prince William will head to New Zealand again, but it won't be for the Rugby World Cup.

He and Kate, the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will reportedly visit next year to help ease the Queen's diamond jubilee workload.

Australia and the Caribbean are also on their list of planned stopovers.

And the DM was just complaining that they weren't going to pull their weight after their wedding. I think traveling to Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand doesn't sound too bad.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
The report suggesting that the Duke and Duchess will visit Hollywood says:

'That's when the Princess of Wales infamously danced with John Travolta.'

What on earth does this mean? What was 'infamous' about it? Whoever wrote this article needs a good dictionary.

Golly, there's a lot of nonsense written about the royals.
Diana danced with Travolta at the White House in our nation's capital, not Hollywood. He wasn't expecting it, it was her idea --- from what I understand.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think they should spend the next decade or so in Britain supporting British interests and not visiting any overseas countries.
I made a statement comparable to yours somewhere in this Medusa's Head of threads and was absolutely shredded by a number of posters. I'm still recovering!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Commoner

I'm looking forward to seeing them visit the States, It's going to be an amazing trip. The hysteria surrounding it has not been seen since Princess Diana. On a historical note it would have been great to see them visit Ireland with the Queen on such a momentous occasion.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Commoner

I'm pretty sure that they're going to hang out with the Beckhams and maybe Snoop Dogg when they visit L.A. I heard the Beckhams are renting a seaside contemporary estate in Malibu for the summer. Maybe just like Princes Charles and Andrew when they visited L.A. several years back that they will pay a visit to the pitiable areas of L.A. and see how most of the Angelenos live. I don't think Princess Catherine has ever had Mexican food or Korean food before. L.A. has got to have the best food and the best weather. She will definitely take a deep in the ocean in her royal bikini.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
They are going to visit Canada,but will they going to visit province Quebec?
The royal tour will take place from June 30 to July 8, 2011 and will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the National Capital Region.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM

Hope that they come to St Georges in Bermuda !
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Royal Highness

Certainly Turkey. Waiting for my country, absolutely wonderful. Kate and William will like Turkey very much and I am sure they will admire.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

William (with or without Kate) should spend more time with the troops.

His visit ,around Remembrance Day, to Camp Bastion, Afghanistan, was very well received.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Will the Duke and Dutchess return to the United States?

I know that Prince Willaim has been here several times before with his parents, but this is Kate's first trip to the United States.

With the U.S. having so much to offer, I hope they do another official visit to the U.S.A. Or they can do what the late Princess Diana did, as far as coming here privatley, and going to the countryside to get a way.

New England and the East coast would be ideal for them, since I believe Kate has expressed interest in going to the Eastern part of the United States. Boston is gorgeous, and the New England states are Commonwealth states. I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip visited the commonwealth states when they did their official U.S. tour a few years ago. I do recall hearing about the Queen and Prince Phillip visiting ground zero in New York City. That was cool.

I'm sure Kate would love to go to Washington D.C. and New York.

Though they may not come to the U.S. in on an official visit until 2013, due to 2012 being an election year, it would be cool if they did on a private visit.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to hear wills and Kate visiting the northeast, they've only been to Washington DC to visit the obamas but I know they'll love new York,massachusetts and new Hampshire. Visiting Boston would be awesome since we have a city here named after their dukedom - Cambridge and they take a tour of harvard university it would be so exciting to know the royals are in the neighborhood! I hope they come to Boston and Cambridge and see all the great sites massachusetts has to offer including nature. If princess Diana liked the northeast then William will too since we are after all name most of our cities in towns after England , I mean we are new england - Cambridge,MA - Manchester ,NH- And I know it's not only me that wishes for a royal visit in the future. :fingers crossed:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Catherine haven't been to Washington D.C. They met the Obamas when they went to England for a state visit.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKing View Post
I know that Prince Willaim has been here several times before with his parents, but this is Kate's first trip to the United States.

With the U.S. having so much to offer, I hope they do another official visit to the U.S.A. Or they can do what the late Princess Diana did, as far as coming here privatley, and going to the countryside to get a way.

New England and the East coast would be ideal for them, since I believe Kate has expressed interest in going to the Eastern part of the United States. Boston is gorgeous, and the New England states are Commonwealth states. I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip visited the commonwealth states when they did their official U.S. tour a few years ago. I do recall hearing about the Queen and Prince Phillip visiting ground zero in New York City. That was cool.

I'm sure Kate would love to go to Washington D.C. and New York.

Though they may not come to the U.S. in on an official visit until 2013, due to 2012 being an election year, it would be cool if they did on a private visit.
The Queen and Phillip only visited because it was the 400th anniversary for the founding of Jamestown. I do not remember them visiting Ground Zero but I know Harry did on a private tour funded by the Queen. That could be a nice benchmark for William and Kate should they come to the U.S. ( It being funded by the Queen.)

I am not certain about them making any official tours of the U.S. as they are not heads of state or even the heir as Charles is. I would say that about any country by the way not just them. State dinners/tours can be expensive for the country hosting them and during difficult economic times this has to be considered. That is one of the reasons why it should be restricted.

I would rather see them visit India or South Africa. Two countries that I don't believe have been visited recently.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Courtier

I hope they visit the Philippines! Our country is poor, but it has very beautiful landscapes that we Filipinos are proud of! And there are also lots of foreign tourists. Princess Caroline and Prince Andrea of Monaco has set foot here in our country, and I hope they will too soon!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Nobility

Slovakia! I live here and I would like see them!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
The Queen and Phillip only visited because it was the 400th anniversary for the founding of Jamestown. I do not remember them visiting Ground Zero but I know Harry did on a private tour funded by the Queen. That could be a nice benchmark for William and Kate should they come to the U.S. ( It being funded by the Queen.)

I am not certain about them making any official tours of the U.S. as they are not heads of state or even the heir as Charles is. I would say that about any country by the way not just them. State dinners/tours can be expensive for the country hosting them and during difficult economic times this has to be considered. That is one of the reasons why it should be restricted.

I would rather see them visit India or South Africa. Two countries that I don't believe have been visited recently.
Um, Kate has been to Africa. That's where William proposed to Kate.

I think going to the northeastn part of the U.S. would be good if they decide to come to North America again, because they are commonwealth states, and because its very scenic and very quiet up there. Places like Rhode Island, Boston, Martha's Vinyard are idea, because its quiet and it would be a good place to go, where no one would bother them.

Remember, Diana has a lot of friends in the U.S. If Will and Kate ever decide to go to the U.S. to get away from the craziness in England, I'm sure Diana's old friends would hook them up, and not tell anyone where they are it, so they can have some privacy.

Let's not forget that Prince William once visited a ranch in Montana when he was 10 years old. Diana sent him there for a few weeks, to get away from the craizness that is the royal family. If they decide to go there, I'm sure Diana's friend will keep them coming there a secret, so they can enjoy themselves without the media hassling them.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKing

Um, Kate has been to Africa. That's where William proposed to Kate.
She's been to Kenya....South Africa is a different country so yes Kate's been to the continent of Africa but not the country of South Africa (that we know of) as the jemagre suggested.....
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
William and Catherine haven't been to Washington D.C. They met the Obamas when they went to England for a state visit.

I believe that's where they'll be going the next time they come to the States. They are not head of the state, but William is the second in line to the throne. Not to mention, both are very popular, because of their youth. So them going to Washington and meeing the President in the White House will definately be a big deal.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
She's been to Kenya....South Africa is a different country so yes Kate's been to the continent of Africa but not the country of South Africa (that we know of) as the jemagre suggested.....
I believe they both have. I'll have to look into it.