The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I’ve been wanting them to tour Africa and the Caribbean for a while now. Perhaps in 2 years time they can do a big tour of the US.
Agree with you on Africa and the Caribbean. Not quite convinced of the need for a trip to the US. C&C visited a few years ago. Perhaps H&M might do one in the next couple of years.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Agree with you on Africa and the Caribbean. Not quite convinced of the need for a trip to the US. C&C visited a few years ago. Perhaps H&M might do one in the next couple of years.
I’d like to see both couples tour the US. You know we’d welcome them with open arms.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see a tour of Japan and maybe Thailand. It would be great for William to get acquainted with the new monarchs of those two Asian countries and would come in handy as the UK seeks to join TPP in the post-Brexit era.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I would like to see a tour of Japan and maybe Thailand. It would be great for William to get acquainted with the new monarchs of those two Asian countries and would come in handy as the UK seeks to join TPP in the post-Brexit era.
Fair point. Though I am not sure how popular the new King of Thailand is amongst the other European royals
Old 06-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am wondering if we will see a visit to Spain and/or the Netherlands this year. Maybe a combined visit..a few days in each location.

Overseas...send them back to Canada!

LaRae
Old 06-17-2019, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I am wondering if we will see a visit to Spain and/or the Netherlands this year. Maybe a combined visit..a few days in each location.

Overseas...send them back to Canada!

LaRae
I would actually like to see C&C make an official visit to the Netherlands. The only time they have been in the last c15 years was for W-A's inauguration.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Have the Duke and Duchess paid a visit to the Pope yet?

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that the title of this thread has been updated!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I think a visit to the Caribbean is long overdue. Charles, Camilla, Harry and Wessexes make regular tours, I’m surprised the Cambridges haven’t been there yet.

Personally, I would love them to visit South American countries like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, etc.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like it when the royals go on longer regional tours, so South America would be good IMO and it seems a while since someone from the BRF visited.

I would love a visit to Spain and Netherlands based on the Cambridge's interaction with those royal couples today.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I do like it when the royals go on longer regional tours, so South America would be good IMO and it seems a while since someone from the BRF visited.
I would love a visit to Spain and Netherlands based on the Cambridge's interaction with those royal couples today.
Charles and Camilla did a tour of Mexico and Colombia in 2014. I can’t think of any other recent South American tour by British royals.

Spain and Portugal might be a possibility. No recent royal visits there in the ’Brexit tours’ they’ve been doing in Europe.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 AM
Majesty

> I noticed there was some speculation this morning on Twitter about a potential trip to Asia for the Cambridge's this coming autumn. If that is indeed the case, I think it will be good to see an official trip to China.

> I am not sure what the thinking might about be around scheduling official tours for C&C, W&H and H&M. C&C typically do a major tour in Oct / Nov, and if W&H are also planning to do something around that time of the year, where does it leave the proposed Sussex trip to Africa? Might the Sussex trip be nudged into the new year?
Old 06-24-2019, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Charles and Camilla did a tour of Mexico and Colombia in 2014. I can’t think of any other recent South American tour by British royals.

Mexico of course is in North America.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I’ve been wanting them to tour Africa and the Caribbean for a while now. Perhaps in 2 years time they can do a big tour of the US.
I also wish they'd do an African tour. They have never toured an African Country together I don't think.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I also wish they'd do an African tour. They have never toured an African Country together I don't think.
If the blogosphere is to be believed, the Sussex' will be heading to Africa sometime soon. How that might fit in with a new born remains to be seen. The Cambridge's going to Africa any time soon is bound to attract a lot of negative comments in the near term, IMO.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Mexico of course is in North America.
Yes, I did learn that in 8 years of geography in school.
But I was discussing a possible tour to South America for the Cambridges and just mentioned previous royal tours to the general area.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it possible to visit the Dukes of Cambridge to Portugal?

Tags
duke & duchess of cambridge;, potential areas, royal tour