When will William marry and what style of wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
The problem is ksenia, it's an issue for the politicians. They have to provide for the greater population. The Church can only offer it's advice to those who follow it.

And this is the heart of the problem. The Crown must remain above politics and accept advice from the Prime Minister, the Church and Parliament. Just as in 1936 with Edward VIII, if the Sovereign is advised on a point of contention by the Prime Minister, the Crown is bound to accept it or provoke a constitutional crisis.

Yes but the Anglican accepts gays as a not a choice but what they were born as. At least I think they do. There are many gay anglicans and the church doesnt oppose to that. If William was gay and never married a man then there wouldnt be a problem. The church doesnt know what happens behind close doors. The church might still be able to crown him king. But we will have to wait until the archbishop convines with the international church. They are trying to decide the position of gays and women in the church. If they accept them then the church wont have a problem crowning him. But as far as william has shown he is straight. So lets talk about his future heterosexual marriage. Wasnt Charles supposed to have his first wedding at Westminster abbey but they were renovating or something? I like the Abbey a lot. St. Pauls is nice too. Either one is good for a royal wedding.

I read a story last summer that they are already preparing for the wedding of William and X (apparently they plan these things years in advance). How far ahead would they have to announce the engagement? How long do you think he'd be engaged?

Elspeth said:
He can't, however, pass the throne to his adopted son or to an out-of-wedlock natural son.

Yes, I agree, Elspeth.

It's an annoying thing, the monarchy insisting on the blood ties binding the crown from generation to generation. ;)

BeatrixFan said:
William and Andrea? Now that would be a combination.

Ohmigosh, BeatrixFan! That made me fall off my chair! :D

Two pretty boys going up the aisle!

So in that case William would be King of the UK and Princess of Monaco? That'd be quite an achievement.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Wasnt Charles supposed to have his first wedding at Westminster abbey but they were renovating or something? I like the Abbey a lot. St. Pauls is nice too. Either one is good for a royal wedding.

Charles had his wedding in St Pauls because the abbey couldn't accommodate the 3 orchestras he wanted from Australia. I think I remember this correctly, anyway.

If he had a say in his wedding (the 3 orchestras) then Prince William will probably get to have a say in his (if he wants it to be smaller, more private). Or is there an option of a public wedding (that's big or whatever) and then a small private one? Or would that not be allowed?

I think the only thing they could do would be a small wedding followed by a large reception. There's no provision for multiple weddings as far as I know.

The size of the wedding will probably be dependent more on what the Household and media think is appropriate than on his personal opinion. But then weddings usually aren't really for the bride and groom, they're for everyone else!

He would have a lot of input into the details, but much of the plans for his wedding would have already been decided by the Sovereign and the Government years before.

What a turn this thread has taken! And not a horrified or condescending reply in the bunch. I'm impressed! Just wish to point out that it wouldn't be "King of the UK and Princess of Monaco" but Prince of Monaco as he is still male. ;)

My gay little heart is so pleased with you all! Thanks!

PS - who is Guy Pelly? (Please forgive my American ignorance.)

BeatrixFan said:
William could well walk down the aisle of Westminster Abbey - but will it be Kate or Keith on his arm?

as long as the C of E does not recognize homosexual unions he will not be walking with Keith.

you cannot discount the influence of religious teaching from everyday life-that is if you ascribe to one. many base their moral compases on religious doctrine and that does influence your political stance to some degree. I am just saying that the two politics and religion are two seperate issues and just because the state says something is legal does not make it right religiously and vice cersa.

st pauls vs. westminster abbey

i think a problem with the Abbey is the organ screen. It blocks the view, St. Pauls is more open and probably easier to film- more dramatic maybe?

alexisrjt said:
He is in William's "crew". They have been friends for a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
branchg said:
He would have a lot of input into the details, but much of the plans for his wedding would have already been decided by the Sovereign and the Government years before.
What sort of plans do they make this early and who makes them? i mean, wouldn't William and his wife get a say in the planning of their wedding?

branchg said:
And this is the heart of the problem. The Crown must remain above politics and accept advice from the Prime Minister, the Church and Parliament. Just as in 1936 with Edward VIII, if the Sovereign is advised on a point of contention by the Prime Minister, the Crown is bound to accept it or provoke a constitutional crisis.

just a question, not meant to be sarcastic or anything...how can the crown remain above politics and parliament if they are accepting advice from the Prime Minister and Parliament?

Duchess said:
just a question, not meant to be sarcastic or anything...how can the crown remain above politics and parliament if they are accepting advice from the Prime Minister and Parliament?

The point is the Crown must remain head of state and cannot become mired in political controversies or have independent political power. The royal perogative is exercised by the Prime Minister on behalf of the House of Commons and the Sovereign reigns, but does not rule.

This is the heart of the British constitutional monarchy and parliamentary system.

alexisrjt said:
What a turn this thread has taken! And not a horrified or condescending reply in the bunch. I'm impressed! Just wish to point out that it wouldn't be "King of the UK and Princess of Monaco" but Prince of Monaco as he is still male. ;)

My gay little heart is so pleased with you all! Thanks!

Yes, but if Andrea would end up as Queen of the UK, it's only right that William should be Princess of Monaco, you know.:D

Andrea as Queen? If William doesn't want him I'll gladly relieve him of the burden!

Happy New Year!

Can you tell me abut Kate Middleton, is she good for HRH Prince Williams to be a wife? I love to know about her because I can see your comments about disliking Kate Middleton.
I hopefully read your replying.

Deaf Haitian Aka Yolette,

deafhaitian said:
Can you tell me abut Kate Middleton, is she good for HRH Prince Williams to be a wife? I love to know about her because I can see your comments about disliking Kate Middleton.
Deaf Haitian Aka Yolette,
The best place to read all about Kate is in the various threads which can be found here.

Elspeth said:
Yes, but if Andrea would end up as Queen of the UK, it's only right that William should be Princess of Monaco, you know.:D
That's not hardly fair, though! I mean, Andrea would be raising his status tremendously, but poor William would never be Queen. It's just not fair, I tell you! ;)

I think that William will marry much sooner that his dad did. I think late 20's. I also think that William will marry the first girl that he REALLY does love. I think that both boys have learned a hard lesson, because of the results of their parents marriage. Lets hope that level heads will come out on top.

Does anyone think he will marry after His Coranation or after his Acesssion

Depends how soon he becomes king. If the Queen continues for another 10 years and Charles is king for 10 years after that, I'm sure William will be married before he takes the throne.

William could be 30 years or more away from the throne. Given the Queen's health, she could reign another 20 years and so could Charles.

Isn't that a good thing, though? Gives him more time to grow?

My guess is he won't even start to think about it until Peter and/or Zara get married. I think once you see close family members your age get married you start to think it might be your time soon.

Question : I know that some of Lady Sarah and Lady Jane children are either the same age or older than William. Does anyone know if they are married ?

If you are asking about Lady Sarah Chatto (aka Lady Sarah Princess Margaret's child), I think has been married for awhile and has at least two children.

Lady Jane Fellows has been married awhile and has several children of her own.

Are these the two women you are wondering about?

:)

Oppie said:
My guess is he won't even start to think about it until Peter and/or Zara get married. I think once you see close family members your age get married you start to think it might be your time soon.

Question : I know that some of Lady Sarah and Lady Jane children are either the same age or older than William. Does anyone know if they are married ?

I think he is thinking about it. And, I think there has been some discussion about it behind the scenes and that it has been decided that William needs the uniform before marriage.

And, Kate needs her business before marriage as well. It will give her something to do while William is away, which should help keep the two together unlike Andrew and Sarah during their long time being apart.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom