The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2017, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Doesn't everyone know Camilla is the PoW? If they pay attention they should also know that Camilla using her Duchess of Cornwall title in order to avoid causing any discomfort to 'the boys' and to avoid public backlash.

I think it speaks to her sensitivity and sense of reality that she doesn't use the PoW title...and I am not a Camilla/Charles fan.

LaRae

I honestly don't think people realize that Camilla is the PoW and has actually made the decision to not use the title.

People are too quick to make assumptions and frankly to be mislead. They see that Camilla doesn't use the title and see all the articles about Charles being bypassed in favour of William... not to mention the fact that they have a half baked idea of what the Abdication Crisis was about and likely no concept of when that actually happened (people have very poor concepts of time when it comes to history).

Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone knows Camilla's titles folks. We're just pointing out that its Catherine's who will be officially addressed by the title as HRH The Princess of Wales since 1996. That's all we're pointing out. It's going to be good to be able to address Catherine by that title. It's going to be something new for the current media and new fellow royal watchers as well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Majesty

When Diana married Prince Charles, there were comments that there hasn't been a Princess of Wales for 70 years. The last one before that was Queen Mary. I'll be fascinating to see what Catherine will do as The Princess of Wales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, Catherine will be the first to use the title since Diana. I think everyone will be happy to have another Princess of Wales again. It's been a long time.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...66351621144576

Its official. His contract ends this summer. They will increase duties in the fall
Old 01-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William quits his air ambulance job | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beyond happy the Cambridge's are now taking on official royal duties full time. It's time indeed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ull-time-royal

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Great finally some confirmation. Definitely time for them to leave the country life and step up duties.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Finally! I didn't expect the announcement today, but at least the public know a bit what they have in mind to do...
Old 01-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's funny, because I was expecting an announcement to come. I just didn't know it would come today, especially during Inauguration Day in the US. I'm glad it's all official though. The many years of speculations are done and the Cambridge's have embraced their destiny.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

I'm very happy that they were able to have these years together in the way they wished.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I'm very happy that they were able to have these years together in the way they wished.
I'm also happy that he was able to have a civilian job as a rescue pilot, wish he was able to spend more years there but as the BBC Peter Hunt said
Quote:
The prince is the only senior royal to have a deep understanding of the National Health Service the majority of the population experience.
Peter Hunt - BBC News
Old 01-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Nowhere in the briefing from KP is the phrase "full-time Royal" used.

It is a phrase never used by the BRF. It is a phrase usually wielded by the media as a stick to beat them with.

No one can define what it means. Last year the numbers by, supposedly, full time royals were between 80-500.

The numbers aren't going to shoot up - the Autumn is when the workload is going to start to increase. They have to increase their charities and patronages in order to radically increase their event numbers and that takes time.

And public engagements are only part of the job.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royal family and palace officials never used the term "full time royal". William reflected on that term in an interview not that long ago.

I do hope everyone knows that it takes time for workloads to increase. Not just the taking on of more patronages, but they have to handed down more responsibilities. The Queen handing down some patronages is just a start.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Courtier

I believe William has worked more or less in an official capacity since he left college, so at 35 this summer and leaving his current job it can only be assumed it is to take on a "full time" role as a senior member of the RF.
The timing probably has also been influenced with the commencement of George's official schooling, which facilitates a natural break, but is certainly not the sole, or even main decider in his leaving his career hehind to focus on his future.

Prince William and Kate set to move family back to London
Old 01-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think its a good opportunity now and I am glad that there is no further delay. As we've seen over Christmas with QE II being ill, the W&K situation can change any day. Nobody wants to see her pass but it can happen tomorrow, with Charles becoming King and William PoW. They needed to step up and it looks like they are doing that now. QEII won't be going on like this for another decade and who knows if Charles has the same old-age genes. William could become King himself in a matter of years, worst case scenario.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It very well may be that all this has been "on the table" and planned for a while now. The BRF runs like a well oiled machine and nothing is ever left to chance. Contingencies and "probables" all probably have been addressed and a course of action planned to cover it should it occur.

I, in my opinion, seriously believe that the end of the Queen's 90th birthday year was the signal to move into yet another transitional phase that allows her to step back a bit and others step up a bit and we're seeing that with the Queen handing over parcels of her patronages and W&K's official announcement that they're going to primarily be based in London with Will giving up his EAAA job.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've always said that The Queen's 90th Year would mark a time of transition for the younger royals. Thats just how it has to be. No pressure from the top, but it's right move and sends the right signals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 AM
Nobility

The timing may have more to do with the fact that William's contract with EAAA was only for two years, which will be up this summer. He may have been advised that an additional two year contract might be tempting fate i.e. not being able to finish it due to events within the family.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:24 AM
Nobility

I read somewhere, and thought it was quite an interesting point, that in quitting the EAAA William leaves behind the last role that he will have actually earned. All his royal roles will have been inherited or something that comes along with the title. I think William has quite rightly valued that hugely. No one agrees to step into a helicopter, let alone put critically injured people in it, if the pilot is not there by merit. From all accounts he's done a fine job.

He will have earned enormous respect from the public in his roles with the RAF Search and Rescue and the EAAA. It is to his credit that he has opted to do an actual job (and a dangerous one at that) with huge value for the rest of society.

Let's be honest, I would say most people don't really see being royal as a job. William can look working men and women in this country in the eye. That will be very useful to him.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Majesty

I suspect we will see a gradual build up of their charitable and royal engagements in the latter part of the year. It is key that both William and Catherine embrace their roles with enthusiasm, and be seen to be committed to their royal roles. Being in London will make it easier for them to conduct several engagements over the course of the week, and start to engage a bit more.