The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Lets not forget too that a lot of the public engagements that William, Harry and Kate do are not ones representing HM and the "Firm" but are related to their own Royal Foundation and their separate causes they're championing. This is an area I'm not totally sure how such events are funded.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
WeThere has to be enough time for the "word" to get out that this event is going to happen and what is the reason for it. Transportation needs to be decided on as which is the best, safest and least disruptive to use on this occasion. All of this preparation work costs money too. So the expenses do add up.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the way things are right now. There will be time enough in the future when the younger ones will be full time working royals and carry the brunt of the load.
I think that in their earlier married life, there was a possibility that Kate could have done some more low level work, not engagements as such but something simpler.. but she's not one of the workers of the world, and she was IMO unlikely to volunteer herself for very much. And then as she and Wil have settled inot married life, she's had her children and she and he have had time to spend with them when they were little, which I think the queen now sees as important...

Old 07-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Majesty

I'm of the mind that Kate has done quite a bit more than we, the public, have been privy to. The behind the scenes kind of thing. I remember when Kate was pregnant with George and in the hospital for HG, her charities weren't far from her mind and like their wedding, the Cambridge's requested donations rather than gifts. This is just one example.

Kate Middleton's baby registry to benefit charity? | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry but not sure why you think that her chairites weren't far from her mind when she was having George? I think it is a good idea to ask for donations to charities, rather than gifts as they are liable to get plenty of gifts for themselves and the children.. but that could just be PR on teh part of the Cambridges. I mus admit to not being a great Kate fan and feeling that in her "girlfriend" days living with Will, if she'd been inclined towards charity work, she could have done something quietly with say a detective in tow, before she got intot the royal round of engagements.
But their public engagements are another matter and I think that Charles and the queen are happy with the way things are, with W, Kate and Harry all not doing a lot of royal work, as yet, and gradually taking on more. Partly for financial reasons and partly for reasons of "status".. that HE, Charles is heir to the throne and will be king some time in the foreseeable future adn the queen wants him to be the focus rathter tahn William and K.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Sorry but not sure why you think that her chairites weren't far from her mind when she was having George? I think it is a good idea to ask for donations to charities, rather than gifts as they are liable to get plenty of gifts for themselves and the children.. but that could just be PR on teh part of the Cambridges. I mus admit to not being a great Kate fan and feeling that in her "girlfriend" days living with Will, if she'd been inclined towards charity work, she could have done something quietly with say a detective in tow, before she got intot the royal round of engagements.
But their public engagements are another matter and I think that Charles and the queen are happy with the way things are, with W, Kate and Harry all not doing a lot of royal work, as yet, and gradually taking on more. Partly for financial reasons and partly for reasons of "status".. that HE, Charles is heir to the throne and will be king some time in the foreseeable future adn the queen wants him to be the focus rathter tahn William and K.
Actually, she did. Kate and her family's business has been supporters of The Starlight Foundation since 2009.

I do agree with you 100% that the focus should be on Charles and we're gradually seeing more and more of a transition between the Queen and her heir. It just makes sense too that along with this process, we also can sense of transition between Charles and his heir too. This is the beauty of the continuity of the monarchy.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her family's business, not her. I dont know of her ever doing any "hands on" charity work at all... Honeslty Im happy enough though
wtih her doing not very much because i much prefer charles....
Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I predict they will have another child in the next 2 years.

LaRae
Old 07-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I predict they will have another child in the next 2 years.

LaRae
I'd say very unlikely. Why would they have another child? They have 2, a boy and a girl, and they are close In age so they will be able to be cared for together and be company for each other. Kate is in her 30s now and has had problems with both pregnancies. And I believe she and WIll are going to have to gradually increase their workload, so I doubt if she woud want a third child.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why would they have another child?

Because they want one?
They've said on numerous occasions about wanting a big family. I predict at least 4 for them.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

What now for William & Catherine: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

The HG cleared up by the third month and she was able to resume activities so it's not like she was bed ridden for the whole thing. They were better able to handle the HG with Charlotte since she didn't have to go to hospital.

CP Victoria just had a baby at almost 40. Kate is only going to be 35 next year. The Queen was turning 38 the year she had Edward.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Nobility

I also predict William and Catherine will have a third child within a year. But I believe they will keep it at three kids.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'd say very unlikely. Why would they have another child? They have 2, a boy and a girl, and they are close In age so they will be able to be cared for together and be company for each other. Kate is in her 30s now and has had problems with both pregnancies. And I believe she and WIll are going to have to gradually increase their workload, so I doubt if she woud want a third child.
Kate is relatively young in childbearing years. She's only 34 - many women nowadays don't start their families until their mid 30's because they work first. Crown Princess Victoria has just had Oscar at 38 - the same age the Queen was when she had Edward. Sophie had Louise at 38 and James at 42 (and another pregnancy at 36.) Lady Helen Taylor had her youngest daughter at 40 and Lady Nicholas Windsor had her latest child in her mid 40's.

As far as problems go - her HG wasn't that bad, particularly with Charlotte. Some women with HG are sick throughout their entire pregnancy and are often unable to do anything. They lose weight rather than gain weight and are very unwell. Kate had a few nights stay in a hospital and then was out and about again. I think she could quite perfectly cope with another pregnancy if she and William were to choose to dos.

I'm secretly rooting for a little Princess Amelia or Prince Arthur... :)
Old 07-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The both said they wanted a large family. Why wouldn't they have 1 to 2 more?

Her medical condition is not such that she shouldn't have more children...after the first trimester she has gone about and done things just fine.

Her age is not an issue ...and workload? The Queen had a much heavier workload and had several children while carrying it out.

LaRae
Old 07-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I'm secretly rooting for a little Princess Amelia or Prince Arthur... :)
That are exactly the same names I have in my mind!
Old 07-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Lets not count the children before they hatch... errrr chickens.

What I'm wondering is that with a new Prime Minister, will there be a State Opening of Parliament and what are the chances of William and Kate going? If they're heading for full time royal duties, this even would be a good indication of it.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What now for William & Catherine: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

I don't we will see the Cambridges at the State Opening until Charles is King. Charles, Camilla and Anne already attend in recent years.

They already did the opening for this year. The conservatives still control the parliament so I don't think a same party PM change would trigger a new ceremony. A Brit can probably answer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

The State Opening will happen next year as usual, and I would be very surprised if William/Kate attended.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Nobility

This cul-de-sac of a topic was boring the first 6 million times we discussed it. W&K are not full time working royals but they will be someday, barring some kind of tragedy. That's about it.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes of course they wil be some day. I doubt if they will have more children. Most royals these days have stopped at 2 and they have their 2.. I feel that the public are pleased to see 2 little darlings, but they dont want a TOO large RF such as happened in the 80s wiht I think too many people on the royal roster... the more people there are, the more it costs and the more chances there are for people to make mistakes.
Gradually as time goes on, the public will be expecting to see W and kate moving towards more engagements. The queen is 90, she works very hard but she can't go on at full pace forever.. so gradually Charles will be taking on her job and W and K should be seen to be taking on more work.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be nice if the Cambridge's attended the State Opening in preparing for their future roles, but I'm thinking they will start as soon as Charles ascends.

I think them now attending State Banquets and Diplomatic Corps receptions are big indicators that William and Catheine are preparing to make the transition over. Next year, I think we will get the official word.

A.W. TOZER