Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joana Lumley fight for the rights for the Gurka last year with great success ; she is a great and dignified lady

THE OIL-RICH OLIGARCH
TIMUR KUANYSHEV, 50s
Kazakh oligarch: Timur Kuanyshev and his wife Alfiya are friends of Prince Charles and patrons of The Prince's Foundation for Children & The Arts
It's almost obligatory for the Royal Family to have a Kazakh oligarch in tow, so we could hardly expect to get through the wedding without one.
Timur Kuanyshev and his wife Alfiya are friends of Prince Charles and patrons of The Prince’s Foundation for Children & The Arts.
Read more: From mercenaries' sons to the man who stuffed $1m down his underpants, guess who won't be sitting next to the Queen | Mail Online

Earl of Harewood???? Anything on him and his family? Or because he is female-line and divorced he gets nothing. BLOOD first cousin to the Queen.....

royals invited to the wedding are few.

Earl of Harewood???? Anything on him and his family? Or because he is female-line and divorced he gets nothing. BLOOD first cousin to the Queen.....

Or any absence could be because the man is not in the best of health in his old age and has sent an inability....

Everyone does realize that the full and complete list of all 1900 persons hasn't been released right?

I would imagine that as soon as updated information is available (such as Joanna Lumley mentioning that she is attending) someone will post it here as well.

Does anyone know where Camilla's children -- Tom and his wife and Laura and her husband -- will be sitting. I'm assuming w/the extended royal family or with "friends of William and Kate" section. I have a feeling it's a good seat since everyone seems to be on good terms and since Eliza Lopes is a flower girl.

Joanna Lumley confirmed her presence just at the moment on CNN

Ah, that makes sense! I knew that only selected names from the guest list were being released; when I saw the celebrities named yesterday, I immediately thought that Joanna Lumley would have been invited....and so it appears.

Oh wow this selected list is pretty unhelpful. I mean we all knew that the queen, the middleton family etc. will be a part of the wedding. I think it would be much more helpful if they released a list from the other guests. Maybe they'll bring it before the wedding otherwise I've to wait untill I see them at the church (even though I think you won't see every single person of the 1900 guests so a list would be really helpful :D) I think it's nice that the spencer family is invited. It shows that william and harry still are in contact with their mothers family :)

An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! :lol: Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:

Great, now I am thinking about those cookies. I am going out to buy some now!

timtonruben359 said:
Actually it's not that guy from the President's Choice commercials, it's his father (Gaylen Weston Jr. is the man we see on TV). Gaylen Weston Sr.'s wife used to be the Queen's Representative in Ontario.

Thanks for the correction! :)

Christo's Girl said:
Great, now I am thinking about those cookies. I am going out to buy some now!

Aren't they sooooo good??? I've had to go on the stationary bike a little longer these past dew day as I've been hitting the cookie jar pretty hard!!! (but the cookies are so worth it!!!)

Multiple royal bloggers have mentioned that several German relations have been invited and will attend although I haven't seen any official confirmation from StJP.

The selected guest list appears to have been released primarily for the media. The focus of the release was to highlight those individuals StJP believes the media will need/want to know as they prepare to commentate on the day.

I've read that Laura Parker Bowles will be sitting on the Middleton side near where her daughter will be seated. Just in case.... :)

I've seen a lot of people upset by the BRF's representation at foreign weddings. However, if you look at the weddings of the current Crown Princely couples, IMO, the BRF was well-represented:

July 1995: CP Pavlos and Marie Chantal (Greece): QEII, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Duke/Duchess of Kent and Gloucester, Prince/Princess Michael
December 1999: CP Philippe and Mathilde (Belgium): Prince Charles
August 2001: CP Haakon and Mette-Marit (Norway): Prince Charles, Wessexes
February 2002: CP Willem-Alexander and Maxima (Netherlands): Prince Charles
May 2004: CP Felipe and Letizia (Spain): Prince Charles
May 2004: CP Fred and Mary (Denmark): Wessexes
June 2010: CP Victoria and Daniel (Sweden): Wessexes

The Wessexes may have attended the Danish and Swedish weddings because they are much closer in age to the couples. Also, for the Swedish wedding in particular the Wessexes may have asked to attend because they knew the couple getting married. But other than that...the heir attended the weddings of his peers (even though they are much younger).

William was a student at Eton or St. Andrews during every single one of these weddings except for the last one.

Guest Lists

The children that are taking part in the bridal party will the parents be attending the wedding?

Regards
Roslyn Todd

The children that are taking part in the bridal party will the parents be attending the wedding?

Regards
Roslyn Todd

We know that Laura Lopes' daughter Eliza (aged 3), the granddaughter of The Duchess of Cornwall will be having her mother very conveniently seated where she will be able to "rescue" the child should it become necessary. I would bet my last donut though that the parents of all children in the bridal party are definitely going to be in attendance too. :D

We know that Laura Lopes' daughter Eliza (aged 3), the granddaughter of The Duchess of Cornwall will be having her mother very conveniently seated where she will be able to "rescue" the child should it become necessary. I would bet my last donut though that the parents of all children in the bridal party are definitely going to be in attendance too. :D

I sure Prince William & Catherine would invite Laura Lopes and Tom Parker- Bowles as they are William's step siblings.I agree all the parents of the children would be invited as it could be necessary if one of the children get scared.

I sure Prince William & Catherine would invite Laura Lopes and Tom Parker- Bowles as they are William's step siblings.I agree all the parents of the children would be invited as it could be necessary if one of the children get scared.

I can't find it right now but its a clip that is quite amusing. 4 year old Prince William was a page boy in the wedding party for Andrew and Sarah.
In the clip, Andrew and Sarah are leaving for the honeymoon and it looks like HM is chasing after them. What she was really doing is chasing William that was running after the carriage. :D. That's HM being a "gramma".

You never know what kids are going to do.

Does someone know where we can fing the FULL list of invitess? The site has only a selected one.

Thanks

Does someone know where we can fing the FULL list of invitess? The site has only a selected one.

Thanks

To be honest... if its not here, its not been released yet. The one posted here is the official one released and I don't think there's been another yet.

Will there be a thread for pre-wedding events regarding photos of royal guests arriving in the city, the pre wedding dinner etc?

wbenson said:
Either Viscount Severn or Savannah Phillips, I'd imagine.

I believe Viscount Severn will likely be there since his sister is in the wedding and his parents will be there, Ms Phillips may still be to little but you never know.....

I know that The Spencer Family will be at the wedding. Has any one heard if they will be going to the Buckingham Palace reception, or the evening reception ?

Is it really so that some of the royals are invited to the church but do not get to go to the evening reception? Isn't that a bit rude?

Does anyone know if the Obamas are invited? I remember reading earlier that Michelle Obama was really hoping for an invitation but that they weren't going to get one. I think it is kind of weird the message they are sending with the invitations. They want to keep it small but they are inviting loads of royalty and foreign dignitaries. Then they leave out some big names that you would think would be included if they are supposed to invite world leaders there. Is there a rule of some kind or are they just drawing names out of a hat?

I wonder if anyone from my country has been invited. I don't care too much whether our president is invited or not. I know she'll be bawling her eyes out if she isn't since she seems to fancy herself a bit of a royal too... :ermm::whistling:

Catharina said:
Is it really so that some of the royals are invited to the church but do not get to go to the evening reception? Isn't that a bit rude?

Does anyone know if the Obamas are invited? I remember reading earlier that Michelle Obama was really hoping for an invitation but that they weren't going to get one.

No the Obamas aren't invited- it's not a State event so not all heads of state are invited. As for the evening reception it's for friends and close family only, it's small only 300 plp ( that's relative to the 2,000 invited)

The Obamas are not attending and are not known to have been invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom