Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pacomartin said:
, presumably Prince Harry, The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice of York, Princess Eugenie of York, Lord Downpatrick, The Lady Gabriella Windsor, Princess Alexandra,and Miss Marina Ogilvy are all adults and would presumably be allowed to invite a date.

I believe David Clarke is attending the wedding but no reception and so far plp are reporting Chelsy Davy is attending but I've see no official statement......so basically my point is we actually don't know if they are allowed to bring dates or if Dave and Chelsy were invited as individuals

As I wrote a few days ago in a post on another thread, I'm pretty convinced that the reason why Felipe and Letizia are invited as opposed to Frederik and Mary has to do with the fact that Felipe is a more direct cousin of Charles through the Greek line -- Prince Philip with Constantine/Sophia/Irene.

You may be correct.

Prince William is 3rd cousins with Felipe through King George I (died 1913) and his wife Olga Romanov-Holstein-Gottorp (died 1926), King of the Hellenes, and grandfather of Prince Phillip.

Prince William is 4th cousins with Frederick through King Christian IX who was the father of King George I.

I don't imagine there is any protocal that would confirm dates (Chelsea, Sarah, or William Clarke).
But an equally plausible explanation is that they knew in advance that King Juan Carlos would not attend, and that only one couple would represent the Spanish monarchy. At the same time they knew that Queen Margrethe II would certainly be attending.

Last edited:
No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.

Queen Rania may well have been invited, but wasn´t she critisized by her people for her luxurious birthday party?

I think she is well advised to keep away as it might not go down well by the people in Jordan, who were protesting for more jobs and more rights earlier this year.

Perhaps Chelsy is going cause she's invited...she doesn't have to be with Harry to attend the wedding.

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20484482

Prince Harry bringing Chelsy Davy to wedding

This article says she was on the official guest list, I must have read it to fast because I didn't see her name but of course I also missed the Queen of Spain-

Chelsy is not on the guest list published by Clarence House, but that is of course a selected part of the list.

The Queen of Spain is on the list -
Fadwa bint Khalid bin Abdullah bin Abdulrahman
The Queen of Spain
The King of Swaziland.

Edit: The People article's title has now been changed, making it a question:
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20484482,00.html.

Last edited:
Skippy said:
Chelsy is not on the guest list published by Clarence House, but that is of course a selected part of the list.

The Queen of Spain is on the list -
Fadwa bint Khalid bin Abdullah bin Abdulrahman
The Queen of Spain
The King of Swaziland.

Edit: The People article's title has now been changed, making it a question:
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20484482,00.html.

Ah! I was tricked by lack of ? .....jk.....yes, I thought perhaps I'd just read to fast but then I re read and thought hmmmm, why is the magazine reporting that when her name is not on list :)

Why is only a selective part of the guestlist avalible. The swedish press had the entire guestlist for last years weding avalible the Wednesday before the wedding. I find a full guestlist more intresting than a selective.

Not that i am overintrested, but i want to see how many names i recognise.

will there be an empty seat for princess diana?

I think Diana will be right up there with William and Kate as they marry. She's never left his heart.

I certainly hope not. That would be the absolute pinnacle of gauche, IMO. There's no need to reserve a seat for a dead person, no matter who that dead person was. If you're a spiritually-inclined individual, then you believe that a person who has passed is always with you. William and Harry strike me as spiritually-inclined people or at least people who believe in God and all that stuff, so I would think they think she's always with them, and thus won't need a reserved seat.

Some people do choose to honor a deceased parent or relative in their ceremony though, so it's an acceptable question in my opinion and when plp do that, if it feels right for them on their day, it's fine. I doubt William and Catherine will do it but that doesn't mean it can't be done of shouldn't be if the bride/groom are fine with it....

In this case I agree with above posts it would be a bit much and personally I do doubt they'd do that......but if they decide to do something that's ok too

Last edited by a moderator:
As I wrote a few days ago in a post on another thread, I'm pretty convinced that the reason why Felipe and Letizia are invited as opposed to Frederik and Mary has to do with the fact that Felipe is a more direct cousin of Charles through the Greek line -- Prince Philip with Constantine/Sophia/Irene.

Remember that William and his parents use to spend summer vacations with the Spanish royal family when he was young. Also, Queen Sofia's uncle, George William of Hanover (brother of her mother, Queen Frederika), was married to Prince Philip's sister, Princess Sophie. So there is a connection both through King Juan Carlos (Queen Ena) and Queen Sofia's mother and father. Also, it could be the result of Prince Charles recent visit to Spain.

I believe David Clarke is attending the wedding but no reception and so far plp are reporting Chelsy Davy is attending but I've see no official statement......so basically my point is we actually don't know if they are allowed to bring dates or if Dave and Chelsy were invited as individuals

The General Rule for [previous] British Royal Weddings is that dates are not invited. The rule used to be that it was spouses / fiances/fiancees only. In fact, this rule used to be extended to a lot of royal occasions - for example, if a royal boyfriend/ girlfriend of one of the younger royals was (say) staying at Windsor / Sandringham etc, he or she would not attend church as part of the 'Royal Family party' if you see what I mean....

What is going to happen about 'dates' at this wedding is anyone's guess I suppose; the papers keep on stressing that this is NOT a state wedding, that Prince William and Catherine are treating it as a family wedding etc etc and on this basis, I suppose the 'dates rule' I have mentioned above could be relaxed..........however, the papers have also reiterated that 'Palace sources' keep on mentioning that 'space is very tight' at this wedding - don't forget that Westminster Abbey is smaller than St Paul's and on this basis that might not leave much room for 'dates'.

I've seen reports in papers to the effect that Dave Clarke has been invited and also has NOT been invited!! Chelsey is indeed invited, and although I am sure she is actually going to be present in her capacity as Harry's girlfriend, her prescence could probably be justified anyway on the basis that she is part of the Princes' 'social set' - I mean, she has spent so much time with Catherine [eg. when the two girls were watching the Princes play polo etc] that she probably qualifies as a 'friend of Catherine' as well.

Hope this helps

Alex

You know, I might agree on the empty chair things, but I would like a picture of the newly married couple with Michael and Carole and Charles. Just them. Not saying they shouldn't have one with Camilla, but I'd considered a really nice gesture if they acknowledge in a picture the fact that, and specially in this particularly setting, no one can or will replace his mother.

Just my honest feeling.

Anyways, I was actually surprise Richard Branson was not invited (at least that's the impression I got from that DM report)

Okay....enough about Diana.

Its time to move on to the official guests of the wedding. Any and all off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

I wonder if any of the royals attending will be invited to the dinner hosted by Charles. They should release a guest list for that one:)

Last edited:
Apparently the list that has been published so far is only a selected of the guests

Quote from
A selected guest list and seating plan is now available in the latest media briefing document. Download the latest Royal Wedding media briefing document.

I wonder if there are other royals not listed or if they mean guests & friends.

:previous:

The Royal Wedding

DianaPrincessofWales.jpg

Furthermore, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the seating plan.

The Spencers are seated across the way from foreign royal representation. To have some people suggest they have been treated inappropriately is just rediculous imo.

Last edited:
:previous: Health permitting, possibly so. The Countess isn't quite as mobile as she used to be. She is 84 and of fragile health I believe.

Why William's maternal first cousins are not on the official list? (young McCorquodales, Felloweses and Spencers) Their parents are and they not? I don't understand that.

I am sure that we will see some of them there. This is a preselected list and does include ALL of the 1900 wedding guests.

Joanna Lumley confirmed her presence just at the moment on CNN

Joanna Lumley confirmed her presence just at the moment on CNN

Joanna Lumley?

Wasn't it Benny Hill who made fun of her by dressing up like her in all sorts of situations, saying: "I'm the ever present Joanna Lumley."?

She has also been a friend of Charles and Camilla for years...and attended their wedding as well. Same with Rowan Atkinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom