Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to catch all the commentary up to the wedding ceremony so was planning on getting up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. (US CST) There won't be any coverage in the US on television until 04:00 a.m., so I am hoping to see some live streeming on the internet directly from London. Anyone have an idea of what site will be offering this type of coverage at least 2 hours pror to the event?

I would try the BBC, maybe even BBC World Service Radio, as a lot of TV streams are blocked outside a certain area.

ghost_night554 said:
Will BBC's stream work for those in Canada?

No, these streams don't (or aren't suppose to) work outside the UK. If you look very, very hard you might be able to find a working stream, but they are not easy to come by.

Get a VPN...then you can watch the live feeds from the UK channels.

Shoot well so much for that I'll just keep CNN Global CTV and CBC streams running on my laptop as well as my main CBC feed on my tv

ghost_night554 said:
Shoot well so much for that I'll just keep CNN Global CTV and CBC streams running on my laptop as well as my main CBC feed on my tv

I'm going to get rid of a bunch of stuff on the PVR this weekend, then I will be set for recording the wedding!!! I'm so happy today was my last day of work until after the wedding. I love my schedule!!!! Getting ever so close now!!

I'm recording on dvd but my dvd prob won't end up holding along with the pre-wedding specials I'm taping so it could come to as much as 3 dvds. I'll have to work around it see if I can keep it down to my original 2 dvds plan.

Just in case:

Hungaran TV schedule:
m1: 10.10: William and Kate part 1
11:25 - 14:50: Live from London
TV2:12:00 -13:15: Live from London
ATV: 10:00 - 13:00: The Wedding...(literally: The Wedding of Prince William)
15:30 - 16:15: Live from London

SVT and TV4 will both air the event in Sweden. I guess they will put it on their webpages.

Here in Brazil, channels GNT and GloboNews will aired the wedding. Starting 5 a.m I believe.

The wedding is also going to be aired live on Yahoo!.

ABCnews will also be streaming it live on their website as will CNN, Global CTV and CBC though not sure if all those channels are open to those outside of Canada. Not too sure about NBC

Try the link provided on this site:

The Royal Wedding

:)
You just reminded me Lucien that I read the media briefing on there and the youtube stream will be straight from BBC just with no commentary and with the people from St James and Clarence House providing online commentary.

I´m glad that we in Finland can see the whole wedding, YLE TV1 coverage from 11:10 until 16:05 finnish time.

Does anyone know who'll air the arrivals? Some stations will only air the actual start of the ceremony. I missed the arrivals at Victorias wedding and don't want to miss this one.

Does anyone know who'll air the arrivals? Some stations will only air the actual start of the ceremony. I missed the arrivals at Victorias wedding and don't want to miss this one.
I believe BBC and ITV will cover this moment for sure,showing the wedding nearly all day along

Programs Leading up to Royal Wedding

I thought we needed a thread for Television programs leading up to the Royal Wedding. Please feel free to post international and US coverage of programming up to the day of the wedding.

TLC:

TLC is running programs all week. For those that have access to this network, be sure to tune in every night this week.

04/24/11 Sunday:

Currently showing "Charles and Di Once Upon a Time". Detailing their wedding. I can't believe the hysteria of the crowds at that time. Very interesitng to watch. I have never seen some of this footage before. Very interesting.

08:00 p.m. CST. Untold Stories of a Royal Bridesmaid. India Hikcks shares memories of being a bridesmaid to Prince Charles and Diana's wedding.

09:00 p.m. CST Royalty/ 30 defining days. Britians Royal Family is profiled in this look at 30 key dates in the last three decased that have made them what they are today. (2011 documentary)

Last edited:
Does anyone know is CBC's broadcast commercial free cause CTV has indicated they will air the ceremony commercial free.

^^previous
My guess is since the feed is from the BBC and they are airing it commercial free, that CBC will not have commercials. Just a guess :)

I would assume NBC would probably be airing the arrivals since coverage is starting at 4 AM EST. I'm pretty sure BBC will be airing the arrivals but,you might not have BBC. I thank my lucky stars my cable provider has both BBC World and BBC America. Lucky Girl!

^^previous
My guess is since the feed is from the BBC and they are airing it commercial free, that CBC will not have commercials. Just a guess :)
I hope your right cause I'm not loving the people doing CTV's coverage so I thought I'd go with CBC instead.

ETA: I was wrong it was Global not CTV

Last edited:
Programs on TV leading up to the wedding of William and Catherine

With the wedding approaching this week, there are going to be a lot of television programs relating to William and Kate's wedding this Friday. As there really isn't a thread other than the (cough) Lifetime movie, I decided to start one.

I just finished watching TLC's "Charles and Di.. Once Upon A Time". I did watch the wedding back in 1981 and it was so nice to watch it once again and with such good footage. What I really enjoyed were those little clips that made the whole thing a wee bit humorous. And to my surprise.. Mr. Remote watched the whole thing with me. Being hearing impaired, I'm used to reading stuff that's CC'ed and the side messages I laughed at, he wanted to know why.

A few things came out in this program that I never knew before. I didn't know that after Charles and Diana left for their honeymoon that the Queen and the DoE changed and went to a party later on. In the program it just said her cousin... now I'm wondering who it was.

Quip from Mr Remote: "The brides have to have a long train on the gown so if they feel like running, several people can step on it and stop her".

I watched that program too, it was interesting the little facts that they had. There were some inaccuracies too, though- for example, they kept referring to Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (now Lady Sarah Chatto) as just "Sarah Armstrong". They were also inconsistent with their verb tenses. I first noticed it when they said "the Queen Mother has been ill recently"....

Just added BBC America to my cable lineup :) I was concerned the American broadcasts would not cover the other foreign royals as well as BBC so I decided to cover all my bases! I think I'll watch BBCAmerica and jump between that and CNN- plus of course I'll be watching the Threads and discussing with fellow TRF members :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom