Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely going to have my laptop on as well as the main computer I'll have the dvd player going and the DVR on HDTV. I'll prob make some coffee too but I also want to ask what's a typical English breakfast?

It's going to be a long day of TV coverage so I would personally prepare a load of food to keep in the fridge so you can just pop out to the kitchen and not miss anything! A typical English breakfast could be a variety of things including the classic fry-up of eggs, bacon, sausage etc like other people have suggested. However, the following lighter option may be nice: -

Start off with a cup of Earl Grey tea in a proper china cup
A selection of toasted breads served in a toast rack, with real butter and orange marmalade (seville orange or Tiptree brand)
A fruit salad including bananas (for energy)
A chilled glass of orange juice
All served with white linen table cloth and a napkin plus a single rose in an old fashioned vase!

I noticed that most royal wedding Live show on TV is England than Norway, Sweden or other royal family. .. WhyThe European Royal Wedding never show Live TV show I wonder why??

I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? I'll be in my night gown and I haven't decided exactly what I'm having for breakfast. What's an English breakfast consist of..maybe I'll grill a tomato:D
:crown3:

Was it Claire's? They usually are in every store and during prom season carry tiaras and rhinestone accessories.

I didn't see Princess Anne's wedding (before cable and local stations didn't always carry network feeds then) but I did see Charles & Diana, Andrew & Sarah, Edward & Sophie, and Charles & Camilla. I remember E&S being on either Oxygen or Lifetime, not a major network as I expected. C&D was on most of the networks at the time, C&C was on CNN or Lifetime. I guess I'll have to see if I can subscribe to BBC America that month also! DVR time as that will be during my drive time to work.

@Jack:sounds like a great breakfast plan to me! Proper china, tea, cereal and fruit for me then off to work once I get the DVR set up.

Last edited:
I noticed that most royal wedding Live show on TV is England than Norway, Sweden or other royal family. .. WhyThe European Royal Wedding never show Live TV show I wonder why??

Probably because on the world stage the British Royal Family are the ones that people know about while many people don't even know that other royals exist.

Great - an early evening wedding here so football will rule - live rugby, live rugby league and live afl will all clash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be off but if it's 3am here in Vancouver it should be 6am in Toronto I believe it is 3 hours ahead of Vancouver and London is about 8 hours or so ahead of Vancouver

Here it will be at 9 am. Not so great if I'm working! dammit.... I'm sure they will post on YouTube ASAP, but missing the chat here will be so bad :(

It will be 4 a.m. here on the West Coast US. :cool: That means up at 3 a.m. for the pre-stuff - if one is serious about it. I dunno.....

It will be 4 a.m. here on the West Coast US. :cool: That means up at 3 a.m. for the pre-stuff - if one is serious about it. I dunno.....

Actually it will start at 3am here on the west coast as we are 8 hrs behind London. Up at 2:30am? I confess that I am considering it but will probably DVR in any case. :sad:

Actually it will start at 3am here on the west coast as we are 8 hrs behind London. Up at 2:30am? I confess that I am considering it but will probably DVR in any case. :sad:

You're right. I'm corrected. :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my question ghost night!!

Was just reading the article about today's update over at CTV's site for the Wedding and...Talk about your embrassing boo boos...

Did everyone know that it's Prince *Charles* marrying Kate on April 29th?

Me thinks William *and* Camilla will have something to say about that. ;)

o ick lol so I Live in TN in the US Thats uhh 7...

I imagine the US network morning shows (NBC, ABC, CBS) will air the wedding tape-delayed starting at 7am (on both coasts) - the usual time they start - for maximum viewership. Since they are sending over their morning show hosts, and making a big deal about it, they'll want max viewers. I really can't imagine them showing it any earlier. However, some of the cable channels might air it live, at least on the east coast. At 3am on the west coast, we might have to find a BBC feed or Canadian/Australian feed online.

IF SVT or TV4 airs the wedding in Sweden then you might be able to access the wedding from their pages.

In Germany the Wedding will apparently brodacasted live by ARD and ZDF as it's classied as A-Event in royal Coverage. There is some Critic that both stately Channely will broadcast the same Event live. The Wedding of Albert and Charlene however is classified as B-Event and will only be broadcasted by ZDF live.

I imagine the US network morning shows (NBC, ABC, CBS) will air the wedding tape-delayed starting at 7am (on both coasts) - the usual time they start - for maximum viewership. Since they are sending over their morning show hosts, and making a big deal about it, they'll want max viewers. I really can't imagine them showing it any earlier. However, some of the cable channels might air it live, at least on the east coast. At 3am on the west coast, we might have to find a BBC feed or Canadian/Australian feed online.

I will say I personally would be VERY dissappointed if it is not broadcast live- they broadcasted Diana's funeral live, yes? and that was eraly wasn't it, I think I got up pretty early.

I will say I personally would be VERY dissappointed if it is not broadcast live- they broadcasted Diana's funeral live, yes? and that was eraly wasn't it, I think I got up pretty early.

Yes, indeed, the funeral was broadcast live and very early. I lived in Arizona at the time and think I got up at 2am or so -- it felt like the least I could do at the time. :flowers:

I would be disappointed too. I really hope they air it live.

I don't think you're going to see the wedding aired, either live or tape-delayed on any of the major US networks. They may send correspondents over to report on it, but I don't think you're going to see any NBC cameras or ABC cameras in the Abbey. Diana's funeral was somewhat of an anomaly, in that this was an extremely powerful and famous figure who died, and as such there was no way it wouldn't be aired live. For example, if something were to happen to Barack Obama, I would fully expect the funeral and such to be aired live around the world, rather than just in the United States.

Did ABC or NBC air Andrew and Fergie's wedding if so I can't see why they wouldn't air William and Kate's. CTV last night on the late night news confirmed they will air the wedding live. Did any other networks besides FOX News air Edward and Sophie's wedding? Charles and Camilla from what I recall were broadcast on major networks weren't they or am I going crazy?

Sister Morphine said:
I don't think you're going to see the wedding aired, either live or tape-delayed on any of the major US networks. They may send correspondents over to report on it, but I don't think you're going to see any NBC cameras or ABC cameras in the Abbey. .

I disagree, I think they'll show it for sure and the very least CNN will.... It'll all be same shots from 1 angle, like the funeral.... It's projected to be the most watched TV event so I think the networks will be in on it... Wasn't there an article somewhere that said one of the networks wants Paul Burrel to commentate?

I disagree, I think they'll show it for sure and the very least CNN will.... It'll all be same shots from 1 angle, like the funeral.... It's projected to be the most watched TV event so I think the networks will be in on it... Wasn't there an article somewhere that said one of the networks wants Paul Burrel to commentate?

Everything is projected to be the most-watched TV event, but you have to realize that if the wedding starts at 11am London time (for example), that's 6am EST, 3am PST. That's rather early for us Americanos to get up to watch TV. Granted some people will do it anyway, but will that be enough of a demographic shift to warrant sending camera crews over? No station is going to take a financial hit on something not enough people are going to watch.

Live streams on the internet are a different story. If the BBC or any other UK stations set them up so that people from outside their territory can watch, that would be better as it allows everyone to watch who wants to, but doesn't end up costing networks money.

Sister Morphine said:
Everything is projected to be the most-watched TV event, but you have to realize that if the wedding starts at 11am London time (for example), that's 6am EST, 3am PST. That's rather early for us Americanos to get up to watch TV. Granted some people will do it anyway, but will that be enough of a demographic shift to warrant sending camera crews over? No station is going to take a financial hit on something not enough people are going to watch.

Live streams on the internet are a different story. If the BBC or any other UK stations set them up so that people from outside their territory can watch, that would be better as it allows everyone to watch who wants to, but doesn't end up costing networks money.

True- I guess we will see but I will defininatly confirm at least 1 network has it live before I get up at 3am lol :) Still think at least CNN or Fox will cover- another thread said Fox asked Burell to comment so they planning to air it and this websites says 'major US networks'

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/diana-s-butler-give-wedding-commentary-3929285

http://us.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AT6AY20101130?ca=rdt

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to see the wedding aired, either live or tape-delayed on any of the major US networks. They may send correspondents over to report on it, but I don't think you're going to see any NBC cameras or ABC cameras in the Abbey..

I know NBC has hinted about airing the wedding. Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer (The Today Show) have already confirmed they'll be in London covering the event, so I think we may very well see it. Now whether they'll air it live I have no clue.

Claires maybe?

I will be up... Watching, probably in PJ's .... I suspect it will be 4am so maybe coffee or OJ :) and checking TRF!!!

YES, it was Claires...thanks that was driving me nuts.:wave: Now I have to find out what time it will be shown in Texas (Central Time). I think it's a 7 hr. delay here.

Sassy, it's a 6 hour delay for central time. The wedding will start at 5 am for us.

I know that Charles and Diana's wedding was broadcast live because I had forgotten all about it and we were at the beach and someone turned on the TV and there it was!! I would suspect at that time and locations it was also a major, non cable network in the US. So, I do expect that we will see it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom