Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristens

Gentry
City
Lilburn
Country
United States
I just hope that here in the States the feed from the BBC is picked up by someone (Discover, PBS, perhaps even CSPAN) as I know that on the commercial netowrks the "talking heads" will not be still and let the ceremony speak for itself!

I just hope that here in the States the feed from the BBC is picked up by someone (Discover, PBS, perhaps even CSPAN) as I know that on the commercial netowrks the "talking heads" will not be still and let the ceremony speak for itself!

My first thought for coverage here in the States is that BBCA would be likely.
Perhaps WE also as they very often run documentaries on the British royals. I'd rather tune in there than a major network that has a chatterbox or um... Paul Burrell.

Might have to pick up BBC America in advance of the wedding.

I wonder how soon we will know if they will cover it live?

I just did a search on BBCA website and there is nothing at all listed so far about the royal wedding.

I'm thinking since he's the heir and America seems to be interested in the
Windsors that there would be more coverage. Maybe CNN will cover it. They showed Charles and Camilla's wedding live and then Larry King did a show about it later.
I know I'll be taking Friday April 29th off from work.:bounce::ROFLMAO:

Windsors that there would be more coverage. Maybe CNN will cover it. They showed Charles and Camilla's wedding live and then Larry King did a show about it later.
Does anyone remember what network covered Charles and Diana's wedding?

I really think that the wedding will be big here in the States just as it will be in Canada and Australia and naturally the UK.

"Princess Diana’s former butler will commentate on the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The former I'm A Celebrity contestant believes his intimate knowledge of royal protocol made him the ideal choice to provide detailed coverage for US network Fox when the couple marry in London next April."

Only coverage I know of that's been reported so far is Paul Burrell commentating for Fox.

Paul Burrell will commentate on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding | Unreality Shout

Personally I really hope there IS other coverage as I really don't want to spend this day listening to Paul. I'd probably end up throwing my Waterford crystal tea ware at the TV screen and I really don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember what network covered Charles and Diana's wedding?

I know NBC covered Charles and Diana's wedding, though the other networks may have also covered it.

I would imagine it will be on several channels.

I know NBC covered Charles and Diana's wedding, though the other networks may have also covered it.

I would imagine it will be on several channels.

It was on all the major networks. I was 12 and remember being mad because I wanted to watch morning cartoons and every channel I turned to (remember when there were only 5) was showing the wedding. I believe the same thing went for Andrew and Sarah's and Edward and Sophie. I forgot about Fox network.

Yes, thats how I remember it, too.

Several networks covered Princess Diana and Prince Charle's wedding. I will be up bright and early for the wedding.

A couple of days ago Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira (The Today show) said they would be covering the wedding, so I imagine NBC will be broadcasting it.

What time any of us get up or go to bed etc will surely depend on what time of the day the wedding is.

Normally the BRF weddings that I have seen have been 11.00 a.m. London time but if they have a late afternoon wedding then it could be 5 or so hours later and thus changing the planned times for watching.

If it's 11am it'll be around 3am my time which will be brutal which is why I'm praying for it to be a bit later but somehow I don't see that happening.

No matter what time it is, I'll be watching.

If it's 11am it'll be around 3am my time which will be brutal which is why I'm praying for it to be a bit later but somehow I don't see that happening.

Likewise here. I have already warned the husband and invited various family members over. We just haven't figured out if we're going to stay up all night or get up super early. I lived in the Central Time Zone at the time of Diana and Charles's wedding and "only" had to get up at 5 am to watch.

Very anxious to hear the time!

I've warned my parents they say they aren't going to get up but I doubt they'll be able to avoid it I'm sure I'll be screaming the second Kate arrives to the Abbey. My grandparents want to see it live with me and my friend is getting up early and we'll be on msn early watching together. I'm prob aiming to sleep early and just wake up at 3am and stay awake onwards plus after the wedding is over I'll have other things to do such as saving pictures, watching the post wedding comments on tv and on the boards etc plus I'm planning on recording it on dvd and blue ray. I have Diana's wedding on dvd so I'll definitely be recording this one as well. I don't see me getting much sleep afterwards. Though my plan may change as the day approaches depending on the details.

Do you get any Canadian channels? They will cover it, and they don't chat as much as American.

Ya I have CBC and CTV and Global. I also have the US channels but like you said they talk too much and usually doesn't let you take in what's happening. I realized that while watching the Olympics here in Vancouver this year.

I still remember getting up at like 4 AM for the weddings of C&D and A&S and I was pretty young. I am very excited that almost 30 years later I will be getting up with my own daughter to watch this wedding. My own mother thought I was nuts back then!!! It will be so fun to share my passion for royalty with my girl. Even my 14y/o son is talking about wanting to watch it!!! We are going to have our own wedding breakfast feast while we watch!!!!!

I still remember getting up at like 4 AM for the weddings of C&D and A&S and I was pretty young. I am very excited that almost 30 years later I will be getting up with my own daughter to watch this wedding. My own mother thought I was nuts back then!!! It will be so fun to share my passion for royalty with my girl. Even my 14y/o son is talking about wanting to watch it!!! We are going to have our own wedding breakfast feast while we watch!!!!!

That sounds like fun :flowers:
I don't have to work that week so I'm planning to fly to London for some days. I'm still hoping it works. If not, I'll see it on TV anyway ;)

This is the first BIG Royal wedding I'll have been alive/old enough to be aware of. The only other wedding I've watched was Edward & Sophie's which was lovely though on a smaller scale than previous ones I'd seen in clips/news footage etc. I wasn't born when C&D got married & only 2 when A&S got married so am rather excited to actually see a full blown, big, proper Westminster Abbey level Royal Wedding where I can actually enjoy it. All the other big events in my lifetime have usually been rather more sombre unfortunately, funerals & memorial services, glad to get something happy for a change!

Plus I get the day off work, win-win!

A thought just occured to me and I've not even had two cups of coffee yet today!

Many of us are going to be up all night or waking in the wee hours of the dark to feast our eyes on this wedding that we've waited and anticipated for so long.

What do you think of using the chat room here and have a big old online wedding party? I'll bring the Earl Grey and perhaps a few donuts to boot!

:fireworks: :coach::fireworks:

I'll be so excited I don't think I'll be able to sleep!! This is my first British live royal wedding as I had final exams at school during Sophie and Edwards wedding :(.
I've already told my assistant not to arrange any cases on the 29th and I've got my royal t-shirt and Union Jack waiting and ready to go My BF is already complaing!! I assume NBC will cover.

Last edited:
I'm not too interested in watching but I hope to see photos of the dress later in the day.

Could anybody tell me which British or any other channels will probably transmit the ceremony directly?

The Live Royal Weddings I've seen so far:

Charles and Diana (even though I planned on watching cartoons and couldn't)
Andrew and Sarah
Edward and Sophie
Joachim(sp) and Marie (watched it here through a link):D

I don't know why I didn't watch Victoria and Daniels'.

I am excited, too. But the DVR is my friend. So a good night's sleep and the ability to fast forward and pause will be mine. However...I intend to wear all my good jewelry at once while watching it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom