Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the Prince William and Catherine Middleton Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of issues that relate to the wedding: the dress for Kate, the location of the wedding, the music, attendants, etc.

The thread to discuss possible jewellery and tiaras can be found in the Royal Jewels forum, here.

A separate pre-wedding thread will be opened when a date is set and the Royal Family starts releasing official news regarding the wedding.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Warren, Wbenson & Zonk

British Forums moderators

:royalstandard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the wedding will be held in London, my guess is it will be at the Abbey.

They spoke about 2 place where it could be held, the pointed out th ood and the bads for both cathaderals

I caught Westminister Abbey, and they mentioned that St. Pauls was possibly a bit too much. What was the other cathederal that htey also said was too small.

They spoke about the cathedral where the Queen got married bt it was also the place where they held Diana's funeral

Thats Westminister Abbey. I could have sworn BBC spoke of another venue...not St. George's Chapel, where Peter Phillips married.

I wonder if they'll invite the other Royal families?

My predictions

The Abbey
Dress by Bruce Oldfield
Bridesmaids: Pippa Middleton, Zara Phillips, Beatrice, Eugenie, Eloise & Estella Taylor (or maybe Maria Olympia of Greece as she is Prince Williams' godchild) and some little cuties from the Middleton's circle
Supporters: Prince Harry, Peter Phillips & James Middleton

Didn't they mention the "Guards Chapel "or something similar where William got his wings?? Said it was too small.

My predictions

The Abbey
Dress by Bruce Oldfield
Bridesmaids: Pippa Middleton, Zara Phillips, Beatrice, Eugenie, Eloise & Estella Taylor (or maybe Maria Olympia of Greece as she is Prince Williams' godchild) and some little cuties from the Middleton's circle
Supporters: Prince Harry, Peter Phillips & James Middleton

Good guess!
The Abbey (St. Pauls is too much Charles&Diana)
Adult bridesmaids and best man i think the same. Flowergirls or junior bridesmaids i cannot guess. The Taylors and the Greece-girl war too far related i think.

I think they Abbey is correct.

In regards to the bridesmaids I can only imagine Pippa Middleton and the Taylor girls. No Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie...although one of them might do a reading.

Supporter will no doubt be Harry.

:previous: That would be my guess, too. I can't imagine Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie as bridesmaids in this wedding. But the Taylor girls, yes.

And Hello! its right under ours noses....the Wessex children as bridesmaids....as well as Margarita Linley.

Harry would be the main supporter, Peter Phillips 2nd supporter as they are close to eachother.

Pippa Middeton and the Taylor girls, flower girls maybe the little Greece girls

I can see Zara as bridemaid actually. (or maybe she is more bridemaid potential for Harry if he ever gets married)
I agree with the Abbey, St Paul would be too much for the press and the story of Diana and Charles.

So, no more "Waity Katy" - that was a rather silly nickname the press invented - they'll have to eat their words now.

I'm sure it's going to be the Abbey. The Wessex children and the Taylors will be bridesmaids, IMO, as well. Definitely not the York Princesses, Zara or the Greeks.

2 Royals we know that will be on the guest list King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of Greece, I believe that Constantine is William's Godfather

When is the wedding and have they faced the press, flashed the ring etc.?

:englandflag2::britflag::castle3::onering::fireworks::queen3:

:previous: No exactly date about the wedding has been announced yet, but they said it will be in spring or summer 2011. A photocall and an interview will be made later on today.

:doh: Oh yes, I totally forgot about the Wessex children!

2 Royals we know that will be on the guest list King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of Greece, I believe that Constantine is William's Godfather

I suspect most of the major royal families will be represented at the wedding. What will be interesting to note is if the monarchs themselves come, or if the Crown Prince couple, or even more junior members are sent to the wedding.

He could do anything he wants...but as future King, he will probably bow to the wishes of the masses (and our dear forums) and be married publicly. Just probably not as massive as his parents.

Most certainly representation from all of Europe's ruling families will be in attendance.

And I don't believe theres any doubt that this wedding will be televised. That is a non negotiable I'm affraid.

Last edited:
I think Sophie Wessex will be her advisor in helping her getting use to royal life and helping her wth anything she needs

I suspect most of the major royal families will be represented at the wedding. What will be interesting to note is if the monarchs themselves come, or if the Crown Prince couple, or even more junior members are sent to the wedding.

I think only those major royals who are close to Prince Charles (or love a good party) would attend themselves. For instance I think the entire royal family of Norway seem to be close the Windors and would attend, maybe not Martha-Louise.

I think Sophie Wessex will be her advisor in helping her getting use to royal life and helping her wth anything she needs

It is certainly a possibility, but I am not sure how close William is to Sophie. I think Camilla will play an active role in introducing Kate to royal life, and I suspect she probably has been speaking to Kate for some time on this.

My mum told me that she saw on TV that it will be televised (she found out earlier than me, i was at university, now i came and entered to the forums and voilà)

It is certainly a possibility, but I am not sure how close William is to Sophie. I think Camilla will play an active role in introducing Kate to royal life, and I suspect she probably has been speaking to Kate for some time on this.

Really I've heard diffrent, I have a friend that works with the royal family, se has told me that Kate is close to both Sophie and Camilla, she might to go to both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom