Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Kate looks terribly tired and stressed in these last pictures before the big day
- hopefully she WONT be allowed to do her own makeup
- I dont like the new picture at all, I hate the fact that William is pushed into the background, Kate looks like her mother, very severe with an overdose of grin & eyeliner

To me she just looks tired I don't imagine she is getting much sleep in the days leading up to the wedding. I disagree that William is being pushed into the background. He is right there with her in the frames that both were in together Otherwise, they look happy and cheerful considering the stress they must be under.

I guess it's a matter of perception. I take the photos for what they are which is a moment caught in a split second of time rather the entire context which we aren't there to see.

A word of advice to anyone who sets out to get the order of service through iTunes: it's only available in the UK at this moment.

I just found it on the US iTunes store. It's listed as The Royal Wedding - Official Souvenir Programme by The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry. I only found it by searching for the foundation name.

Carole Middleton, centre, mother of Kate Middleton, arrives at The Goring hotel, London, ahead of the royal wedding Thursday April 28, 2011. Kate Middleton's spending her last night as a single woman in a room fit for a queen. The princess-in-waiting is staying at London's Goring Hotel, a family run luxury hotel just around the corner from Buckingham Palace. Middleton, mother Carole and sister Pippa will stay in a recently redecorated five-room suite overlooking the hotel's private garden, complete with a four-poster bed, silk wallpaper and even a waterproof flat-screen TV in the bath.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

CrownPrincess5...you gotta ask a techie. My phone still flips:ROFLMAO:\

Can someone assist CrownPrincess5?

How can I find these threads on my iPhone?

The only one of those threads that is showing up on my iPhone at the moment is the Arrivals thread, and that's under the forum specifically for the wedding.

I love seeing the pics of her parents checking into the hotel. Can you imagine tonight you will say good night to your daughter in a beautiful hotel suite and tomorrow you will walk her down the aisle to marry her real life prince. It might be every girls dream to marry a Prince but as a mom of 3 girls and 1 son I hope they too marry a man they love and that loves them back. Her parents must be very proud. William seems so determined to make this right for Kate and not have her stalked like his mother was. I can only wish them the best.
Just a few more hours!!!!

Kate does look terribly tired..I could not sleep if I were her..She is still gorgeous,,she can rest(ahem) on her honeymoon.

- Kate looks terribly tired and stressed in these last pictures before the big day
- hopefully she WONT be allowed to do her own makeup
- I dont like the new picture at all, I hate the fact that William is pushed into the background, Kate looks like her mother, very severe with an overdose of grin & eyeliner

She probably is stressed and tired. The last days before the wedding day are just pure hell no matter how well things are organized and how happy you are to be getting married!

I hate that eyeliner. It makes the eyes look smaller. I really sincerely do hope we won't be seeing that horrid black eyeliner tomorrow.

I am worried about the news that Pippa will get her wish and they let her decorate the Throne Room with Disco Balls! :eek:

ROYAL WEDDING: Kate Middleton's sister Pippa loves the limelight | Mail Online

She couldn't have looked less bothered by the latest rumour to emerge from the Palace: that aides have been put out by her bright idea of suspending disco mirror balls in Buckingham Palace's Throne Room for the 'post wedding breakfast disco', to lend it a louche nightclub vibe.

Mirror balls might seem neither original nor necessary, given that the gold-and-red Throne Room is one of the most opulent in the Palace, and a few cheap glittery balls will surely lose in a fight with one of the elaborate gold chandeliers.

But 27-year-old Pippa is nothing if not determined, and she will see off such dinosaur views.

---

As William wants the evening to be 'young and cool' — odd, given that he has never particularly come across as either of those things — it seems to have been decided that part of the Palace should be transformed into a branch of that somewhat decadent London club, Boujis, for the night.

Pippa's close friend, the raffish Old Etonian nightclub owner Charlie Gilkes, is said to be organising the disco.

Kate does look terribly tired..I could not sleep if I were her..She is still gorgeous,,she can rest(ahem) on her honeymoon.

It could just be a not so nice picture - I am sure she will be looking lovely tmrw!

Kate will walk up the aisle to the hymn "I Was Glad" which was also used in the Coronation. This is an amazing and magnificent piece of music and is certainly already leaving me speechless!

Strange pick for the Bride's Procession, IMO.

Last edited:
I hope Kate's dress was not in the white garment bag. Cause that would mean the dress is not big!

I hope Kate's dress was not in the white garment bag. Cause that would mean the dress is not big!

You can't really tell how big a dress is when it's in a dress bag. My niece is in an organization where full-skirted, floor-length formals are worn on a regular basis and she can put three or four of her hoop dresses as well as the hoop in the bag and it isn't more than a couple inches thick at most. That's the case with all of the girls and their dress bags, which make them quite convenient for traveling, lol.

Unfortunate that Chelsy will look like a sausage in either of the designs. The short one might work, if she updos her hair.

Then, I have to temper my comment by saying that fashion, among young people, appears not to be about looking good...it is about wearing what is fashionable, whether it looks good or not. Example: the York girls.

I would wear either design...very grown up.

Oh, I have to disagree about Chelsy looking like a sausage in either gown. I think she'll look stunning. She's not as slender as Kate (not many are) but she's not anywhere as curvy as the York girls. Now, if you'd said the York girls would look like sausages in those designs, I'd agree entirely.

Last edited:
Sunnystar said:
You can't really tell how big a dress is when it's in a dress bag. My niece is in an organization where full-skirted, floor-length formals are worn on a regular basis and she can put three or four of her hoop dresses as well as the hoop in the bag and it isn't more than a couple inches thick at most. That's the case with all of the girls and their dress bags, which make them quite convenient for traveling, lol.

Well the dress I'm thinking about shouldn't even fit in a garment bag. No but seriously from what I could see it didn't look like much...we'll see.

Well the dress I'm thinking about shouldn't even fit in a garment bag. No but seriously from what I could see it didn't look like much...we'll see.

True, true. I highly doubt her dress is in one of those dress bags either. But all of the ladies are going to have need for at least a couple dresses tomorrow.

Perhaps it was one of the back-up dresses for Catherine, or a dress for Pippa or Carole.

Ive decided to make english tea sandwiches for 2 morrow.
Cucumber Sandwiches and Teas sandwiches.
I have my Earl Grey Tea,
A small Shepherds Pie, and of course Scones!

For fans of Sprinkles Cupcakes like me, they are offering commemorative cupcakes for the royal wedding!
Sprinkles Cupcakes | Facebook
Unfortunately I don't like close enough to a Sprinkles get one today or tomorrow:sad:

I just have an idea. Tell me what you think of it please! We'll see the whole middleton family arriving this early evening at the Goring hotel. Ma, Pa, Pippa and James (on the same photo of Carol if you look well, except Pippa). We know the Prince of Wales will receive this early evening before the reception given by the Queen tonight, the Prime ministers of Australia and New Zealand. Is it possible that both William and Kate will be presents with him to meet (again for William, but first time for Kate) both prime ministers?

The meeting with the two prime ministers is listed on the Prince of Wales officila website (I prefer to give evidence that it is a done deal for the Prince of wales, but William and Kate?)

For fans of Sprinkles Cupcakes like me, they are offering commemorative cupcakes for the royal wedding!
Unfortunately I don't like close enough to a Sprinkles get one today or tomorrow:sad:

I was at Dunkin' Donuts getting my breakfast this morning, and they had a special Royal Wedding donut, which was heart-shaped and filled with chocolate (it appeared), and with marble icing on the top.

It looked cute! And this was in Middle-of-Nowhere, North Carolina. :)

EmpressRouge said:

I LOVE sprinkles cupcakes...thanks for the info:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom