Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............

That was going to be my plan as well until I realized I have to be at a meeting in a town 45 minutes away from my home on Thursday evening. And, I'm usually wide awake until late anyways, so I figure I might as well pull an all-nighter especially since I did take Friday off of work.

I can't wait to see my first optimistic Royal event. I was only three when Anne and Tim wed, a disinterested nine year old when Edward and Sophie wed, and a too cool teenager when Charles and Camilla wed. I didn't watch Frederick and Mary's wedding for the same reason (I look back and I don't know what I was thinking*) I saw Diana's funeral when I was seven, but that was depressing, obviously.

I will be hyperventilating when the Royals start rocking up :bounce:

I can't wait. This will be the most viewed event of the decade, it will be a joyous occasion, and I'll be watching it! :D

* I remember having a conversation with a friend on the day of Charles and Camilla's wedding. It went something like this:
Me - are you watching the Royal wedding tonight?
Friend - no
Me - I'm not either, nobody wants it to happen
Friend - yeah, I don't like Camilla
Me - I don't either
:bang:

Please note, said friend did not influence my decision. I was never going to watch it.

Last edited:
:news:

The Middleton crest is revealed:

Kate Middleton's coat of arms blends in-jokes, symbolism and history | UK news | The Guardian

I personally think the acorns are cute, but I just hope they're incorporated well, into the children's Arms. William and Henry both got very boring Arms. Just one scallop for William, and three for Harry. I wouldn't want William's and Catherine's children to get the same thing with acorns. I would love for acorns to be incorporated, but only if its done in a more creative way than William's and Harry's scallops were. Red or green acorns would look great with crosses and/or hearts.

Last edited:
ok, who hasn't bought a cheap imitation of the ring? I bought mine not long after Diana's death. Yeah, it's cheesy, so what?? :ROFLMAO:
Party on I say!!!!

Lady Deborah said:
Unless you vet BBCAMERICA which
Begins coverage at 3 am

I'll be watching ABC or NBC. I plan on getting up closer to 4 AM central.

so no pics of the evening dance, and what about the afternoon lunch? and we may not even see will and kate, they will go to Buckingham immediately after the wedding and wont come out till morning, right?

^ is that an old photo or one from yesterday? I'm not sure!

King Constantine's comments to BBC:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

The former monarch also insists William shouldn't leapfrog Charles to be the next king. "They have to wait their turn whenever it comes"

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

Constantine of Greece, a king in exile, told #PrinceWilliam, "Be careful, concentrate on the helicopter now and think of Catherine later on

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

After the engagement the former king urged #PrinceWilliam to be careful because "it was dangerous to fly a helicopter when you're in love"

cd_1, I'm thinking it's an old photo and the outfit has been photoshopped on her.

so no pics of the evening dance, and what about the afternoon lunch? and we may not even see will and kate, they will go to Buckingham immediately after the wedding and wont come out till morning, right?
What's going to happen according to what Richard told me they will return to BP at 12pm there at the entrance they will pose as they get out of the carriage as Fergie and Diana did. Then they go inside take the official shots do the balcony appearance and have the lunch. Then they leave BP and go to SJP to relax and possibly change clothes then at 7pm they return to BP where no official media arrangements (I assume by that he means with respected agencies such as AP)have been made but what will most likely happen is papz will take shots of the cars inlcuding William and Kate's as they go into the entrance of the palace and then the party begins. As for the honeymoon he tells me that there won't be a photocall William and Kate seem to not want to do it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's an old photo and the outfit has been photoshopped on her.

What's going to happen according to what Richard told me they will return to BP at 12pm there at the entrance they will pose as they get out of the carriage as Fergie and Diana did. Then they go inside take the official shots do the balcony appearance and have the lunch. Then they leave BP and go to SJP to relax and possibly change clothes then at 7pm they return to BP where no official media arrangements have been made but what will most likely happen is papz will take shots of the cars inlcuding William and Kate's as they go into the entrance of the palace and then the party begins. As for the honeymoon he tells me that there won't be a photocall William and Kate seem to not want to do it.

This source isn't all that accurate.

The officially released timings will have them still in Westminster Abbey at 12.00. The service isn't going to finish until 12.15 and they will be on the balcony at 1.25 p.m. These times have been released by BP and I will stick with them.

They are also staying at BP for their wedding night, so unlike Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and even Camilla and Charles we won't see them leaving for their honeymoon that evening (these others left the palace/castle in carriages/cars the evening of the weddings).

We will see them on the balcony.

This is a British Royal Wedding and they actually believe that there are parts of the day that should be private to the family and friends without having the world's media there. Some photos may be released later - but only those approved by the couple and not live.

Seeing the wedding it the important part - not seeing the reception and hearing the speeches.

^ yes i understand that, they are entitled to their privacy but I was hoping we might get to see all three of her dresses (ofcourse we will get t the see the wedding one, but I was hoping we might get to see the lunch and the dinner one too). I don't want to see the inside pictures of the lunch or dinner,but just her clothes, thats it.

:ermm: I can't see her having either the time or the inclination to change for Luncheon / Wedding Breakfast. The dinner party hosted by Charles in the evening, yes, otherwise maybe a pair of sweats as she chills between the main events. :lol:

Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....

There were rare cases when the groom took the Coat of Arms of his wife into his own Coat of Arms, but only when he married an heiress and got her lands. Thus eg the white-blue lozenges which today symbolize the country of Bavaria in Germany came into the Bavarian Royal Coat of Arms: when a reigning (then still) duke of Bavaria married the heiress of the county of Bogen in Lower Bavaria, he had the white-blue lozenges of the county of Bogen included in his Coat of Arms where they stay still today on the Bavarian flag.

Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....

With royals, it's different. You're marrying into the royal's family, not the other way around. Hence why Catherine cannot wear the Spencer tiara, as she's not a Spencer bride (woman marrying into the Spencer family, or a female of the Spencer family). She's marrying into the Windsor family. William will still be Carole and Michael's son-in-law, and I don't doubt that her family will be a part of Windsor family gatherings/get-togethers/to-dos, but for purposes of heraldry and such, his Coat of Arms stay the same, her own personal arms will be a combination of hers and his.

Last edited:
I think its wonderful Prince Charles is going to be with both of his son's the night before the wedding.

Prince Charles is such a loving &caring father to Prince William & Prince Harry. Its so nice to see .

I guess not( for the evening dance pics)..... Hope someone sneaks a camera phone.

This source isn't all that accurate.

The officially released timings will have them still in Westminster Abbey at 12.00. The service isn't going to finish until 12.15 and they will be on the balcony at 1.25 p.m. These times have been released by BP and I will stick with them.

They are also staying at BP for their wedding night, so unlike Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and even Camilla and Charles we won't see them leaving for their honeymoon that evening (these others left the palace/castle in carriages/cars the evening of the weddings).
I know I was just referring to the honeymoon in general since we're used to getting some sort of a photocall during their honeymoon. As for the timings gimme a break it was 3am here when I wrote that I could barely think :lol: so the timings weren't Richard's it was mine and my dead brain's fault.

:ermm: I can't see her having either the time or the inclination to change for Luncheon / Wedding Breakfast. The dinner party hosted by Charles in the evening, yes, otherwise maybe a pair of sweats as she chills between the main events. :lol:
Wait lemme explain this better they're changing after the wedding breakfast and returning to BP for the dinner reception sorry if I didn't make that clear like I said it 3am here.

As for pictures being released later I could only see that happening if they have a private photographer at the evening dinner dance. Maybe they'll use their official photographer, but it would come as a nice surprise if they release something at a later time!

Speaking of which:
ClarenceHouse Clarence House

Hugo Burnand has been confirmed as the official photographer for the Royal Wedding http://bit.ly/dVVsks #rw2011

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited:
Wait lemme explain this better they're changing after the wedding breakfast and returning to BP for the dinner reception sorry if I didn't make that clear like I said it 3am here.

Just curious, but why would they go back to St.J to rest and change clothes, when they could easily do that in BP, wherever they're going to spend the night? Surely, they have courtiers to move what clothes they need during the ceremony, etc? Wouldn't it be safer and more convenient to keep them in BP?

^I dunno but that's what most media reports have been saying since November. I think it has something to do with them wanting to go away and have some quiet time I guess since BP will be a bit noisy with everything being moved around for the evening reception. I guess the couple must have their reasons. But yes it did occur to me that they could stay at BP but since all the media outlets are still reporting they will be returning to SJP then I didn't really question it.

After I read his tweet yesterday about no media facilities being offered for the evening reception I went ahead and asked him if that meant there would be nowhere for the media to basically stand and shoot the arrivals and here's his answer:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 Nothing official. It will just be a case of whether photographers can get close enough to take shots of guests in cars.

9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited:
Does anybody know what the difference is between this weding cake and the old fashioned "matrimonial" cake they used to have as a standard everywhere?Does sound like it might be variation on the matrimonial... thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom