Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 Days!

I finished up William, I started another thread in the member section in the general discussion page so you can see the photos.

I was wondering (which is a dangerous prospect!:ROFLMAO:) what music William and Kate will choose to be played during their ceremony? I know I mention CP Victoria's wedding a lot but hang with me for a second...I absolutely love "When You Tell the World You're Mine". Call it sappy if you will, but I downloaded it and it is on my iPhone and I still can't get enough of it! Sooo I was wondering what William and Kate will choose......
I've become obsessed by We Are Man And Wife by Michelle Featherstone and This I Swear by Nick Lacey. I'm so sappy :lol:

Lol- we have one in both the bedroom and living room so not sure why my hubby groaning either :)

It occured to me that at her wedding CP Victoria bowed her head slightly to the reigning Kings and Queens as she came down the aisle (or stopped and did it, don't remember exactly), I know Catherine and William will bow/curtesy to Queen but do you think anyone is instructing her about bowing to other Kings/Queens/CP couples either later or as she walks?
It is simply a swedish tradition and curtesy to slightly bow your head when acknowledging someone. Look at videos of the whole royal family and they all greet people that way.

Wish there could be some invitations from Africa especially Kenya

wish we some fans of Royal families here from Africa could get some invitation to the wedding esp Kenya ....being the fact that both couples proposed here in Kenya.............how about that fans?

It is simply a swedish tradition and curtesy to slightly bow your head when acknowledging someone. Look at videos of the whole royal family and they all greet people that way.
And a danish tradition :flowers:

I think they will be titled the Duke & Duchess of Clarence after their wedding.

your husband and my husband need to get together, i was very excited it is more than one day...i was reminded that we do have another tv upstairs. :D

Pity the figure skating fans. The wedding falls in the middle of the World Figure Skating Championships.

so who will speak First Archbishop of Caterbury or York the Bishop of London im still not sure

We're not going to know until it happens. We can safely assume that the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry them, however.

I'm beginning to get really nervous. It's a bit of both nervous/excited and nervous/anxious. Anyone else can relate? I just cannot believe it's almost here! I'm going to LOSE it on the actual day. I'll prob be a mess all day long haha

I'm beginning to get really nervous. It's a bit of both nervous/excited and nervous/anxious. Anyone else can relate? I just cannot believe it's almost here! I'm going to LOSE it on the actual day. I'll prob be a mess all day long haha

I'm really excited! Not nervous except for the bride and groom since all the pressure is on them. I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people. :eek:

I'm on vacation next week so I am looking forward to seeing all the programs, build-up etc...leading up to the big day. Can't wait!

Mia_mae said:
Well, they have being practicing for 8 years so that should not prove to be a big problem :p...

Haha- it's about not blocking the photo, not the actual kiss lol you're right Mia, they've been practicing that 8 yrs!!!!

Pity the figure skating fans. The wedding falls in the middle of the World Figure Skating Championships.

That's nothing!!

Every year I go to Toronto for the Stars On Ice tour stop *and* some shopping or whatever and guess when that is happening this year!?!

My sister thinks it's hysterical all of this is happening all on the same day.

Me? Not so much. :whistling:

Royalreporter Twitter-

The Dean of Westminster Abbey is praying for third time lucky after telling Reuters they've lost power on two Fridays in the past month.

I'm really excited! Not nervous except for the bride and groom since all the pressure is on them. I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people. :eek:

I'm on vacation next week so I am looking forward to seeing all the programs, build-up etc...leading up to the big day. Can't wait!
I don't envy Kate right now. I can't imagine the pressure! I'd be puking the morning of the wedding that's for sure! Oh did I mention I suffer from panic attacks too ya so I would be a MESS if I was her right now.

ABC will begin coverage at 4:00am Eastern.

I don't envy Kate right now. I can't imagine the pressure! I'd be puking the morning of the wedding that's for sure! Oh did I mention I suffer from panic attacks too ya so I would be a MESS if I was her right now.

She may as well get used to it; ever since her engagement was announced, her every move has been scrutinized in the press. And that's mostly what her future will be.

There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.

The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!

What does everyone else think?

No mention yet about Catherine Middleton's title after the wedding but she has received her own coat of arms now.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton gets a coat of arms that can be use for the family business too | Mail Online

Have I understood this correctly, this is the Middleton family's coat of arms and was commissioned by the Middleton family. Are there occasions where they need one? Will Catherine be getting a different kind of coat of arms (am I right that she would have one that would include William's coat of arms as well?) with a suitable crown on top of it or will it be similar to the family coat of arms? As I've understood it Miss Middleton will only be able to use the coat of arms until her wedding since the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman. How does the crest for men differ from this one?

Last edited:
No mention yet about Catherine Middleton's title after the wedding but she has received her own coat of arms now.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton gets a coat of arms that can be use for the family business too | Mail Online

Have I understood this correctly, this is the Middleton family's coat of arms and was commissioned by the Middleton family. Are there occasions where they need one? Will Catherine be getting a different kind of coat of arms (am I right that she would have one that would include William's coat of arms as well?) with a suitable crown on top of it or will it be similar to the family coat of arms? As I've understood it Miss Middleton will only be able to use the coat of arms until her wedding since the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman. How does the crest for men differ from this one?

After Catherine is married, her coat of arms will be impaled on William's coat of arms. The coat of arms with the ribbon could only be used by Pippa, as she would be the last unmarried Middleton daughter.

To answer your last question:

The lozenge has for many centuries been particularly associated with women as a vehicle for the display of their coats of arms (instead of the escutcheon or shield). In modern English and Scottish, but not Canadian, heraldry, the arms of an unmarried woman and of widows are usually shown on a lozenge rather than an escutcheon, without crest or helm. An oval or cartouche is occasionally also used instead of the lozenge for such women.
Married women, however, always display their arms on a shield (except peeresses in their own right, who use the lozenge for their peerage arms even during marriage).
The shield of a married woman (and the lozenge of a widow) may combine her own arms with the arms of her husband, either by impalement side by side or (in the case of an heraldic heiress in English heraldry, but not Scots) in the form of a small "escutcheon of pretence" displaying the wife's arms over a larger shield (or, in the case of a widow, lozenge) of her husband's arms.

There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.

The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!

What does everyone else think?
Maybe He was refering to Kate's mother, but used the plural to give a more general sense and not get into much details about it.

After Catherine is married, her coat of arms will be impaled on William's coat of arms. The coat of arms with the ribbon could only be used by Pippa, as she would be the last unmarried Middleton daughter.

Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.

Last edited:
Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.

I believe that is the case. Catherine has use of this Coat of Arms and afterwards, hers will be blended in with William and she solely will have use of the new one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom