Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have one last exam left before the wedding so I need to get cracking to here's the best I could do now for rehearsal photos. It's REALLY small but I thought I'd share regardless

2cqjzmb.jpg

Credit: Express.co.uk

ETA: short description of who is in the pix from Paul Harrison:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royalwedding good pix in the Sunday Express of Kate Middleton alongside her mother and sister at wedding rehearsal in Abbey on Friday

16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited:
Guest arriving at Westminster early 8:30 a.m.

:eek:Being practical, can someone tell me if Lavatories would be available in case the necessity arises before the bride or queen arrive?.

Announced by the Telegraph : William and Kate go for honeymoon in ... JORDANIA. They 'll go to Petra and Wadi Rum, Aqaba and will be received by The king and Queen of Jordania. Fantastic news. I went 3 years ago to a ... wedding of the daughter of my mother's husband (who is french but marries a lebanon whose family leaves in Jordanie since the last war a few years ago). I went exactly where they will go, aqaba, aman and Petra, wadi rum, I did tones of photos and love so much the hospitality of the people whose a great majority are palestinians, egyptians, so kind and warm. I'm delighted william brings back his soon to be wife where she lived for 3 years when a young girl. They will enjoy so much their honeymoon. Bravo William !

:eek:Being practical, can someone tell me if Lavatories would be available in case the necessity arises before the bride or queen arrive?.

It's a huge tourist site, so yes, they're available. (I wondered about that too).

It's a huge tourist site, so yes, they're available. (I wondered about that too).

According to me, having lavatories available is even obligated in cases as these. At least in the Netherlands it is and it would surprise me if other countries don't do the same.

Rosapru said:
Announced by the Telegraph : William and Kate go for honeymoon in ... JORDANIA. They 'll go to Petra and Wadi Rum, Aqaba and will be received by The king and Queen of Jordania. Fantastic news. I went 3 years ago to a ... wedding of the daughter of my mother's husband (who is french but marries a lebanon whose family leaves in Jordanie since the last war a few years ago). I went exactly where they will go, aqaba, aman and Petra, wadi rum, I did tones of photos and love so much the hospitality of the people whose a great majority are palestinians, egyptians, so kind and warm. I'm delighted william brings back his soon to be wife where she lived for 3 years when a young girl. They will enjoy so much their honeymoon. Bravo William !

Is that Jordan? Is this official? It seems a bit different for them just because there will for sure be press and pictures especially when meeting the King and Queen and I would have thought William and Kate would have opted for somewhere more private......this almost seems like a honeymoon/official visit

I worried about that also. The Westminster Abbey website says, "Lavatories are situated in the exit near Poets' Corner."

That must be a recent development, because when I visited London in 2007, they said that there were no facilities for the public in the Abbey itself and said public restrooms were available across the street in the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Center.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are attending the wedding as confirmed on their homepage. But Prince Hakoon seems to have an engagement on that day in Oslo. This is sad - I was hoping for him and Mette-Marit to see at them in London. After all they both seem to get along with Charles and Camilla :-( What about Mary. Would love to see her but with two babies to take care for??? Could be difficult.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are attending the wedding as confirmed on their homepage. But Prince Hakoon seems to have an engagement on that day in Oslo. This is sad - I was hoping for him and Mette-Marit to see at them in London. After all they both seem to get along with Charles and Camilla :-( What about Mary. Would love to see her but with two babies to take care for??? Could be difficult.

Supposedly the King and Queen of both Norway and Denmark will be attending, so there is no reason for any other representatives.

(And possibly no space either?) :)

My husband groaned when I read him this, he said why more then one day of this? Lol....I love it though! Thanks!

your husband and my husband need to get together, i was very excited it is more than one day...i was reminded that we do have another tv upstairs. :D

bethaliz6894 said:
your husband and my husband need to get together, i was very excited it is more than one day...i was reminded that we do have another tv upstairs. :D

Lol- we have one in both the bedroom and living room so not sure why my hubby groaning either :)

It occured to me that at her wedding CP Victoria bowed her head slightly to the reigning Kings and Queens as she came down the aisle (or stopped and did it, don't remember exactly), I know Catherine and William will bow/curtesy to Queen but do you think anyone is instructing her about bowing to other Kings/Queens/CP couples either later or as she walks?

From my recollections of watching video of Charles, Andrew, and Edward's weddings, neither Diana, Sarah, nor Sophie bowed their heads or curtsied to any other dignitaries that were present. They did to the Queen, but that was it.

That might have been a personal choice on Victoria's part to do that, I don't know. I would think Catherine is being trained on the proper curtsy to the Queen, since I would imagine not many women off their tops of their heads know how to do it.

Thanks ladongas for the information. I think TBS is going to cover it as well.

I also think that Victoria is extremely close to the other Queens and Kings who attended her wedding. So it could be a sign of respect and affection.

I would imagine that Kate would curtesy at the private events though. If she did it going down Westminister Abbey she might never make it down the aisle.

Thanks Zonk and Sister- I am actually excited to see her first curtesy......hoping she's as smooth as CP Mary is....

I also think that Victoria is extremely close to the other Queens and Kings who attended her wedding. So it could be a sign of respect and affection.

I would imagine that Kate would curtesy at the private events though. If she did it going down Westminister Abbey she might never make it down the aisle.

That is true. If Kate curtsied to everyone at Westminister, she'll be late for her own reception!:lol:

I was wondering (which is a dangerous prospect!:ROFLMAO:) what music William and Kate will choose to be played during their ceremony? I know I mention CP Victoria's wedding a lot but hang with me for a second...I absolutely love "When You Tell the World You're Mine". Call it sappy if you will, but I downloaded it and it is on my iPhone and I still can't get enough of it! Sooo I was wondering what William and Kate will choose......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom