Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All posts about the parenting styles of both Charles and Diana, which have nothing to do with this thread, have been deleted.

Last edited:
Well, at least we have an idea on what Harry might be wearing.....

-----------------

Prince Harry is set to be best man for his brother's wedding dressed in the uniform of the Blues and Royals - despite training to be an helicopter pilot.

The 26-year-old is likely to dress in the gold brocade of the Household Cavalry State Ceremonial Uniform, rather than that of the Army Air Corps.
Prince WIlliam's younger brother was on hand earlier today as Kate Middleton went through a practice run at Westminster Abbey ahead of the big day on April 29.

Read more: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry's outfit revealed | Mail Online

Two weeks from today and counting. Can hardly wait to see the wedding on TV. Love Royal weddings.

Royal wedding T- mobile

Has anyone seen the tmobile commercial featuring look alikes of the royal family?

Well, at least we have an idea on what Harry might be wearing.....

-----------------

Prince Harry is set to be best man for his brother's wedding dressed in the uniform of the Blues and Royals - despite training to be an helicopter pilot.

The 26-year-old is likely to dress in the gold brocade of the Household Cavalry State Ceremonial Uniform, rather than that of the Army Air Corps.
Prince WIlliam's younger brother was on hand earlier today as Kate Middleton went through a practice run at Westminster Abbey ahead of the big day on April 29.

Read more: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry's outfit revealed | Mail Online

Yes, but one comment said that if Harry wears that uniform, he'll outshine the groom! And I tend to agree; the Blues and Royals uniform is much more dashing than the RAF one! William will look like nothing compared to Harry!

This is making me terribly excited for the big day.

Will be up bright and early watching it all unfold on my computer.

I have to say that the nightime reception sounds so much fun! ugh I envy those who are going to it! I still say photos should be released and ya I know half of y'all don't agree with me but whatever JMO

Last edited:
I would love to see how elegant the tresses down and floating will be? Getting married at Westminster Abbey and going to Woodstock are two different things.Hope she has some good hairspray and the weather on her side which is predicted as good and shiny that day..Hair down means existentialist overdrive. I did hope Kate would have had her hair coiffed in an updo- but let's see because magazines write what they will to sell copies without actually containing elements of truth

Sorry if the question has been asked before (but I didn't have time to read all the 238 pages ;)), but why doesn't prince William and his fiancee attend the dinner organised on the eve of the wedding, with the official guests? And why are the official guests not invited to attend later in the evening (only a brunch I believe). Quite odd IMHO, and AFAIK it didn't happen during any continental royal wedding.

So, we now know that Kate will leave from The Goring Hotel for the Abbey.
How will they stop people seeing her getting into the car ? Do they have a private carpark that the public cannot see or will the roads surrounding the hotle be closed ? Anyone have any idea ? If not, I guess I will just have to wait to find out. :)

So, we now know that Kate will leave from The Goring Hotel for the Abbey.
How will they stop people seeing her getting into the car ? Do they have a private carpark that the public cannot see or will the roads surrounding the hotle be closed ? Anyone have any idea ? If not, I guess I will just have to wait to find out. :)

I've been thinking the same thing. I imagine that the road and junctions leading into the road will be closed off to traffic to allow Kate and her father to leave the hotel. Otherwise, it will be similar to when Willem-Alexander and Maxima left for their civil wedding and we'll see the bride come out of the hotel, but I dount it!

Sorry if the question has been asked before (but I didn't have time to read all the 238 pages ;)), but why doesn't prince William and his fiancee attend the dinner organised on the eve of the wedding, with the official guests? And why are the official guests not invited to attend later in the evening (only a brunch I believe). Quite odd IMHO, and AFAIK it didn't happen during any continental royal wedding.

I don't recall the British royals every having a dinner with the official guests the night before the wedding. That is often to referred to as the rehearsal dinner in the States and is quite common.

My first royal weddings that I have watched have always been British and after watching the Norwegian, Danish, Spanish, Dutch and Swedish weddings in recent years...it does seem a little odd but just the way they do things. They have the wedding and the buffet and that is it. This is also the first time (to my knowledge at least) that there are two separate parties (the buffet and the reception afterwards)...I think thats more because William is the heir's heir and a lot of the people coming to the first two (wedding and buffet) are foreign royals, government officials, and people that "have to be invited" because of his grandmother and father. The smaller reception is what William and Kate would have had if they were just normal people (family and friends).

Last edited:
I don't recall the British royals every having a dinner with the official guests the night before the wedding. That is often to referred to as the rehearsal dinner in the States and is quite common.

My first royal weddings that I have watched have always been British and after watching the Norwegian, Danish, Spanish, Dutch and Swedish weddings in recent years...it does seem a little odd but just the way they do things. They have the wedding and the buffet and that is it. This is also the first time (to my knowledge at least) that there are two separate parties (the buffet and the reception afterwards)...I think thats more because William is the heir's heir and a lot of the people coming to the first two (wedding and buffet) are foreign royals, government officials, and people that "have to be invited" because of his grandmother and father. The smaller reception is what William and Kate would have had if they were just normal people (family and friends).

In British royal history the last example of an heirs heir marrying was the future George V & Queen Mary.

If you will notice in the picture of the Goring Hotel it sits right on the street, can't believe I stayed there in '87. It was very nice but I didn't realize it was that posh. Anyway, I suspect they will put up an awning(?) from the door to the car. It would be very easy to do since it is a short walk. I don't believe they have any parking that would allow for an unseen exit.

I read that the Goring Hotel will set up a marquee to allow the princess-to-be to leave the hotel and enter the car in complete privacy.

In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel. Only 100 friends (among them royalty) and diner and dance after the diner. but in the case of the BRF the two events are ... the same day ! I find very sensitive from the royal family not to do more in terms of reception. UK is through a big recession and it will be tacky to do more. I'll find a bit too much that the swedish royal family did so much extravaganza. The result, the opinion poll regarding the SRF was desastrous and Sweden which expected many scandinavians to travel to stokholm was very disappointed, they expected 1 million people in the streets, there was just 500 000; they expected the hotels full, and it was like any other year, even not more, trains were cancelled because of lack of interest, so I think the BRF has judged perfectly the mood of the country and gave a good response. I applaud them for this perfect judgment.
On another point, the major french channels do a report each day in their news at 08.OOPM about the wedding. They yet sent reporters in england who are going to stay until the wedding and tour the country to report on the "wedding of the century". On the Channel 2, Jean-Mihel Cardoze (very well known in fFrance) said he is convinced Kate will be a storm in UK and will be more appreciated and loved because the UK are very much in "need" for the moment. They are very gloomy and depressif in the moment in the whole country and that Kate arrives on the scene exactly at the best moment.

I would love to see how elegant the tresses down and floating will be? Getting married at Westminster Abbey and going to Woodstock are two different things.Hope she has some good hairspray and the weather on her side which is predicted as good and shiny that day..Hair down means existentialist overdrive. I did hope Kate would have had her hair coiffed in an updo- but let's see because magazines write what they will to sell copies without actually containing elements of truth

Yes I agree with you that magazines will say anything to sell their story, so it is impossible to know if this is true about Catherine's hair or not.
I personally would love to see her wear her hair up in an elegant updo.

I've been thinking the same thing. I imagine that the road and junctions leading into the road will be closed off to traffic to allow Kate and her father to leave the hotel. Otherwise, it will be similar to when Willem-Alexander and Maxima left for their civil wedding and we'll see the bride come out of the hotel, but I dount it!

Both the Queen Mother and the late Duchess of Gloucester left fromt their parental Homes in London and there is Video-Coverage from them entering the Glass Coach so i think it should be no Problem. I also don't understand why Kate isn't spending the night in one of the Palaces. For sure the Queen would have offered her a Guest suite and this would allow her to go in the Car out of the Eye of the Public.

MoonShadow123 said:
Yes I agree with you that magazines will say anything to sell their story, so it is impossible to know if this is true about Catherine's hair or not.
I personally would love to see her wear her hair up in an elegant updo.

They do make stuff up but.....I believe for this her hairdresser is quoted directly and I am not sure you can attribute quotes to someone if they did not say them.......

I for one don't think her hair total down will look as 'princessy' with a tiara but I shall withhold judgement until I see it that day....

The party the Queen is hosting the night before the wedding for the official guest is just for that. I don't think any of the Middleton side of the family will be there. I imagine Kate will be doing something special for her last night with her mom and dad and siblings. Besides, isn't it bad luck to see the bride 24 hours before the wedding? I think probably William and Harry and a few close friends will probably be relaxing together somewhere (Clarence House maybe?)

The party Prince Charles is hosting in the evening of the wedding day is strictly for close friends and family of bride and groom where they can really party and relax and let their guard down and as been stated "knees up". The wedding breakfast that the Queen is hosting at BP will be the more stately and formal wedding reception and I'm pretty sure the official guests are invited to that.

Both the Queen Mother and the late Duchess of Gloucester left fromt their parental Homes in London and there is Video-Coverage from them entering the Glass Coach so i think it should be no Problem. I also don't understand why Kate isn't spending the night in one of the Palaces. For sure the Queen would have offered her a Guest suite and this would allow her to go in the Car out of the Eye of the Public.

Apparently Catherine wanted to spend her last evening as a single woman with her family, although I'd have thought the Queen would be happy to let her family stay at the palace--or is that the problem, that not everyone in her family can stay at the palace (her parents and sibling, etc)? Or maybe she just want to kind of make further the point that she's a commoner up to the morning of the wedding?

Another reason I'm guessing is that they had booked the hotel almost immediately upon the engagement (or even before?) and that they've stayed there quite a few times before, so maybe they'd feel much more comfortable in the hotel than in the palace?

The party the Queen is hosting the night before the wedding for the official guest is just for that. I don't think any of the Middleton side of the family will be there. I imagine Kate will be doing something special for her last night with her mom and dad and siblings. Besides, isn't it bad luck to see the bride 24 hours before the wedding? I think probably William and Harry and a few close friends will probably be relaxing together somewhere (Clarence House maybe?)

The party Prince Charles is hosting in the evening of the wedding day is strictly for close friends and family of bride and groom where they can really party and relax and let their guard down and as been stated "knees up". The wedding breakfast that the Queen is hosting at BP will be the more stately and formal wedding reception and I'm pretty sure the official guests are invited to that.

One way of looking at this is the first one is really for the Official State guests (government officials, Prime Ministers, etc), because of the Queen's role and Prince William's role as a future monarch. The evening one is much more like a typical wedding party that private individuals would hold for their weddings. Hope that explains why they have 2 receptions. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom