Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated. I understand making things recognizable to the majority of people reading, and the majority of people reading won't remember that, but they will remember seeing Diana in it. That being said, it's not "her" carriage, and it's shoddy and irresponsible journalism to write it that way.

It makes sense for William and Kate to keep the glass coach in reserve, in case of a downpour.
But what about the rest of the RF?
Will they grin and bear the rain, or will they switch to cars instead?

They'll probably switch to cars. I don't think the BRF has glass coaches enough for everyone! :lol:

OK- a totally silly question, but as a wise man once said: If you're going to be a fanatic, you might as well make a good job of it!

When Diana married in St. Paul's, she walked down a red carpet.
Sarah Ferguson had a blue one in the Abbey.

Does the bride get to select the carpet, or does each church have a special color-coded carpet?
Or is it all a matter of chance?

(I can't believe I'm asking this!)

Also Edward and Sophie had a blue carpet so i don't think it depends on the Church.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a perfectly valid question. If you're unsure, ask. I myself am not entirely familiar with the reasons, but I'm sure someone will be.

Last edited:
from the official wedding site
At the end of their wedding service at Westminster Abbey, Prince William and Miss Middleton will travel in the 1902 State Landau along the Processional Route to Buckingham Palace. In the event of severely wet weather, the couple will travel in The Glass Coach.

There will be five horse-drawn carriages in the Carriage Procession from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace. The first carriage will be the 1902 State Landau or Glass Coach carrying the Bride and the Bridegroom. The second and third carriages will be Ascot Landaus carrying the Best Man, Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids. The fourth carriage will be a Semi-State Landau carrying The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. The fifth carriage will be a Semi-State Landau carrying The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Mr and Mrs Middleton.
I hope that the weather will be good and we will see open carriage.

ghost_night554 said:
Just got this info off Twitter from Sky News royal correspondent Paul Harrison
Also has this been posted?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1367615/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-effect-The-US-Royal-Wedding-obsession.html#ixzz1HItne7ad

Also full schedule for Canadian viewers has been announced and is now available on http://royalwedding.globalnews.ca/
As for Americans CNN is sending over 400 reporters to cover the event and NBC announced coverage last night. The live streaming will begin 3amPST/6amEST and later that night will follow by a special dateline covering the wedding day.

Actually NBC will begin coverage at 4 am and BBC AMERICA will also begin
Before 6 am though I'm unsure of the hour. I'll bet 4 am too.
How
Many watching parties will there be???

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

Mirabel;1219308Does the bride get to select the carpet said:
I've no idea on the actual answer but it suddenly occured to me that perhaps the carpet choice was down to the importance of the Royalty getting married (in these cases the grooms, Charles, Andrew & Edward). Charles was & is the heir so got a red carpet, the other Princes were "spares" (ugh hate that saying) & not the heir so got blue...just an idea, probably completely wrong, lol. ;)

Aww that's actually a very good question to which I can only say that as far as I know, a blue carpet has always been used for major events at Westminster Abbey and St George's Chapel Wondsor (such as weddings) and St Paul's Cathedral uses a red one (such as for the Queen's Silver Jubilee and the 1981 royal wedding.

I can only guess that because Westminster Abbey and St George's Chapel have such a strong royal connection, royal blue is used instead of red.

Oh please! It was never "Diana's" coach. These news headlines are ridiculous.

It'll be "Kate will stand on Diana's balcony at Buckingham Palace" next or "Kate snubs Diana by wearing totally different dress"! Maybe "Kate weds eldest son of Diana" would be a good one for after the wedding or "Queen wears better hat for Kate's wedding than the one she wore for Diana's".
I'm sure some trashy mag or paper will envisage what Diana would have worn had she still been alive!

It'll be "Kate will stand on Diana's balcony at Buckingham Palace" next or "Kate snubs Diana by wearing totally different dress"! Maybe "Kate weds eldest son of Diana" would be a good one for after the wedding or "Queen wears better hat for Kate's wedding than the one she wore for Diana's".
I'm sure some trashy mag or paper will envisage what Diana would have worn had she still been alive!

The headlines I am waiting for are:

1) Camilla on balcony for Diana's son's wedding
2) Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride

Wld rather have Kate and Diana headlines than Camilla and Diana ones. But I just read on Hello! that Albert and Charlene are coming to the wedding. How wonderfully exciting! Surely it would now be appropriate for Charles and Camilla to attend Alberts and Char's wedding right? I just really want another excuse for Camilla to don a new hat!

Wld rather have Kate and Diana headlines than Camilla and Diana ones. But I just read on Hello! that Albert and Charlene are coming to the wedding. How wonderfully exciting! Surely it would now be appropriate for Charles and Camilla to attend Alberts and Char's wedding right? I just really want another excuse for Camilla to don a new hat!

It would be lovely to see C&C attend the wedding of Albert & Charlene, but I suspect that it will probably be Sophie & Edward who attend. Odd as it may seem, but that is just the way the BRF operate in relation to other European royals.

I just really want another excuse for Camilla to don a new hat!

I suspect if C&C went, you might see a tiara rather than a hat!

Noticed in my copy of Hello! That they have an iPhone app for the wedding which is free for a limited time. Photos and commentary is included. Ok for free not sure I would pay for it but may interest people on here.

Noticed in my copy of Hello! That they have an iPhone app for the wedding which is free for a limited time. Photos and commentary is included. Ok for free not sure I would pay for it but may interest people on here.
What´s the name of the app? :flowers:

It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated.

The Queen used the gold coach both coming and going from her coronation on the day she was crowned.

She didn't use the glass coach.

See here: On her way to the coronation Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

and here: On her way back.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

You can tell the difference by looking at the crowns she is wearing - one before and one after (with all the rest of the items she was given during the coronation e.g. the orb in her hand.

Last edited:

The headlines I am waiting for are:

1) Camilla on balcony for Diana's son's wedding
2) Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride

:ROFLMAO: I wish this didn't have to be all about Diana!

I agree. This is about her SON not her. I am sure if she was still alive she would be trying to deflect the attention to THEM. Don't the papers (and media generally) have anything else to report? I want to know what the little girls will wear and what HM will wear and all the other details. I am sorry, Diana was great for her time, but she is GONE people! If this is Kate and William's thread, why does her name always always come up???? Sheesh.

Last edited:
I agree. This is about her SON not her. I am sure if she was still alive she would be trying to deflect the attention to THEM. Don't the papers (and media generally) have anything else to report? I want to know what the little girls will wear and what HM will wear and all the other details. I am sorry, Diana was great for her time, but she is GONE people! If this is Kate and William's thread, why does her name always always come up???? Sheesh.

It keeps coming up because the media knows that she still sells and comparing her to Kate is their current fascination.

The wedding is about Diana's son getting married - not William, or Charles' son and heir but Diana's son - to some people and many in the press.

I find it ironic that we complain about Diana being the focus of this wedding and not William and Catherine and here we are bringing up Diana and making her the semi focus.

Honestly, I don't think a lot of people want to move pass Diana....as suggested Diana's name sells newspapers and/or magazine (or at least the press thinks it does), those who admired Diana keeping bringing her up because they fear she will be forgotten, and those who disliked her bring her up because they say she is the focus of the wedding when bringing her up makes her the focus.

I admired Diana but when I think about the wedding on April 29th --my only thought is that its sad she isn't physically here to see her son married (and I will think the same when Harry marries)---- other than that this wedding TO ME is about William and Catherine.

It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated. I understand making things recognizable to the majority of people reading, and the majority of people reading won't remember that, but they will remember seeing Diana in it. That being said, it's not "her" carriage, and it's shoddy and irresponsible journalism to write it that way.

I agree, they're just trying to cause a stir. I really would be surprised if the media didn't write "Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride." We alll know the media loves to sensualize.

Last edited:
I agree, they're just trying to cause a stir. I really would be surprised if the media didn't write "Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride." We alll know the media loves to sensualize.

What the media should be reporting on is whether or not all these carriage rides are necessary. I get William and Kate, the Queen (she is the Queen) but Pippa and the rest I don't get it. Plus the children are so young they will need either a nanny to come with them or they could have some children with Pippa in one carriage and the rest with Harry in another. As for the parents of the bride and groom in a carriage too... It is the couple's big day not their big day. I thought this wedding was supposed to be low-key. I knew it wouldn't turn out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom