Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It surprised me that the invitations were from HM. I would have expected a combo of the Middletons and the PoW. I hope we get to see one published soon!

As was explained, the Queen is the highest-ranking royal in the BRF, so all invitations come from her, even if it's her grandson that is getting married, not one of her children. While it's William and Catherine's wedding, all guests invited are guests of the Queen as well, not just the PoW and the Middletons.

Second foreign royal family has accepted!
http://twitter.com/#!/RoyalReporter
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

I spoke to the Greek royal household yesterday and they confirmed ex-King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie, Crown Prince Pavlov attending.

Also he said this as well:
Invitations won't be sent out until mid-February but the argument is that foreign royals, as opposed to mere mortals, need to plan diaries.The Queen's private secretary has written to the private secs of all Europe's major royal families, asking them to keep April 29 free.

Well the Greek royals are really not a suprise. Particularly King Constatine, who is after all Williams godfather and I believe attended the Sandhurt graduation of William. Nor Crown Prince Pavlos since William is godfather to his son. I wonder if little Konstatin Alexios (sp) will be in the bridal party? Of course he is not so little anymore.

How does such an invitation work, with royals?
I mean, take the Danish royal family...would the Queen invite the Queen of Denmark, or the Crown Prince, or Prince Joachim and his wife, or who?

Or would she send out a blanket invitation to the entire family, and wait to see who's coming to represent them?
But then, what if everyone wants to come?

Wow...a fax? Interesting if true.

I see that the King and Queen of Romania will be in attendance according to the article. Which is nice since they met at the Queen's wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
He prepared Prince William's favorite meals at Kensington Palace and served Fergie strawberries and cream on her wedding day. So what does former royal chef Darren McGrady expect to see on the April 29 wedding menu?

McGrady, who served as Senior Chef at Buckingham Palace and later worked in the kitchen at Kensington Palace for the remainder of Princess Diana's life, expects a mix of traditional English fare and Prince William and Kate Middleton's favorites.

The Royal Wedding Menu, Predicted by Princess Diana's Chef : People.com

I wonder if William will wear his Garter sash?
If he does, I think that shade (Saxon Blue) would be lovely for the bridesmaids.
Or they could wear ivory with touches of that color, but that has been done too frequently in the past.

I wonder if William will wear his Garter sash?
If he does, I think that shade (Saxon Blue) would be lovely for the bridesmaids.
Or they could wear ivory with touches of that color, but that has been done too frequently in the past.

Check out this photo of William from Ella Kay's blog...I think this is what he will wear for the wedding, which includes the sash. (This is the garter sash, isn't it?)

Google Image Result for http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-0613-camilla2.jpg

This may have already been touched on...but I get the sense that William and Catherine are using his great-grandparents wedding, George VI and Queen Elizabeth QM, as a model for their own wedding also...probably more than any other recent royal wedding with a lot of similarities...George VI, Prince Albert at the time, second in line to the throne and serving in the RAF, marrying a "commoner", in April, at Westminster Abby...just something to ponder

hair

i hope she wears her hair off her face, because ive never seen it up, always down. formal weddings like thiers is going to be, really requires an updo. besides it just looks sloppy

Hahaha, I guess we all hope (and sort of expect) that she blows us away on her wedding day :lol: :D

Check out this photo of William from Ella Kay's blog...I think this is what he will wear for the wedding, which includes the sash. (This is the garter sash, isn't it?)

Google Image Result for http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-0613-camilla2.jpg

I think that's what he'll wear too as it's the actual uniform of the service he's currently in & will still be serving in at the time of the wedding, it would make sense (though no idea if that's the garter sash or something else altogether). And personally I think he looks lovely in it. :)

I think Catherine's hair is her best feature, so I would prefer that she wear it down (at least partially) for her wedding.

i hope she wears her hair off her face, because ive never seen it up, always down. formal weddings like thiers is going to be, really requires an updo. besides it just looks sloppy
]

or as HM apparently once told Princess Anne "You look like a sheepdog"! :ohmy:

rossop7 said:
I think that's what he'll wear too as it's the actual uniform of the service he's currently in & will still be serving in at the time of the wedding, it would make sense (though no idea if that's the garter sash or something else altogether). And personally I think he looks lovely in it. :)

Does he have to wear his uniform?. I know it's a tradition but I don't think he has too although it would be nice

Idk but I'd rather watch the wedding maybe it's got something to do with the fact I'm not British :lol:

I think she will wear her hair down until the day of her wedding, when she will wear it up (with a tiara) to signify her transition into royal life. Because we are so used to her with her hair down, it would be a great contrast.

Does he have to wear his uniform?. I know it's a tradition but I don't think he has too although it would be nice

As a serving officer he probably should but no he doesn't have to.

His great-grandfather and father had both effectively left their military service but still chose to marry in miliary uniform while his grand-father was still a serving officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom