Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post! I totally agree. Why shouldn't they have a nice wedding? Doesn't everyone want a nice wedding? some people can be so narrow minded.
Did people really say she shouldn't have a long train or wear a tiara? HORRORS! If thats the case.

Personally I feel they should pull out all the stops!
If they are going to get complaints no matter what, they should go all out with the pomp and pageantry, and make a good job of it!

Personally I feel they should pull out all the stops!
If they are going to get complaints no matter what, they should go all out with the pomp and pageantry, and make a good job of it!
I agree 100% . maybe by now they realize that they (BRF) are in a no win situation, so why on earth not?
I guess the limo thing is okay........ but maybe they will change their minds?

About the "Rainbow Collection" of diamonds.....who cares? They're a wedding gift. A gift that presumably, we will see her wearing a lot of, over the span of her life. With that many diamonds, the possibilities are endless in terms of what she can do with them. There's always the option of showing them in a display, similar to how I imagine the crown jewels are made available for tourists to gawk at, and then the country can make some scratch off of them.

Either way, they're a gift. Are we really crawling up their bottoms over a wedding gift? Seriously?

I totally agree with your post, texankitcat.

There are a couple of tweets from a sky news royal reporter stating a designer he knows, was visited by a member of the Royal family. They were looking at dresses on Kate's behalf and the designer got the impression that Kate has already made up her mind about who is designing it. He doesn't say what type of dress she was looking for, so I don't know if it's her wedding dress, or something for the reception.

Here's the twitter.

Last edited:
I'm totally shifting the convo here but I asked this once before but my question was ignored amongst the chaos when we first found out the details of the wedding day.

Even if we get pics in the quadrangle do you guys think we'll see Wills and Kate cause DM says after the reception held the by the Queen they will stay at BP till night time when the second reception is held so I'm doubting we'll see them outside at all. Anyone think Kate may change dresses for the second reception I'm hoping so but if she does it sucks cause I doubt we'll see her unless they arrange for them to appear right outside and pose for a few shots and then that's it leave them alone for the rest of the night. Cause Richard did say they prob will make some sort of arrangements for the night time reception.But he didn't know if it would be arrivals inside the palace our out at the quadrangle.

ghost_night554 said:
Even if we get pics in the quadrangle do you guys think we'll see Wills and Kate cause DM says after the reception held the by the Queen they will stay at BP till night time when the second reception is held so I'm doubting we'll see them outside at all. Anyone think Kate may change dresses for the second reception /QUOTE]

Ghost_night553 maybe we will get some shots of the private evening dinner the next day.

Catherine will change her dress for the private evening dinner.

Last edited:
My memories of Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah include the arrival of them back at the palace but nothing after that until they left for their respective honeymoons.

The next day or so we had the official photos released but nothing from the receptions.

That was the same with Edward and Sophie and Charles and Camilla at St Georges - the arrival at the church, the service, leaving the church and then leaving for their honeymoons.

I actually like that - it means that the couple can relax and enjoy some part of the day without the rest of the world watching on. It would be bad enough knowing that everything that you say and do on you wedding is being picked apart by the rest of the world without having the reception shown around the world as well. I like the fact that the British have always given the couple that normality on their wedding day compared to the Scandinavian who want to show everything and the couple are left with nothing private and special with just family and friends but everything shared with complete strangers.

Has a designer been selected for the wedding gown? It's getting pretty late in the game. :ohmy:

:previous: I'm not at all surprised people are wanting to see where Kate was born and went to school and grew up, and I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't see it as pestering her, just natural, healthy curiosity about the new Royal bride. If I were in the area, I'd like to have a look, too. If I were in the area I'd have a look a places associated with Diana, too, or Sophie, or Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

Has a designer been selected for the wedding gown? It's getting pretty late in the game. :ohmy:

I think they probably have, even though we haven't been told. But even if they haven't surely a competent designer could whip up one dress in two months.

Last edited:
My memories of Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah include the arrival of them back at the palace but nothing after that until they left for their respective honeymoons.

The next day or so we had the official photos released but nothing from the receptions.

That was the same with Edward and Sophie and Charles and Camilla at St Georges - the arrival at the church, the service, leaving the church and then leaving for their honeymoons.

The TLC special on the 8 BRF weddings stated that there were shots inside BP as the party arrived for P. Margaret's wedding (I think - maybe Anne's?) but not since that one time. Of all the dresses in the TV program Fergie's was the most stunning IMO.

I actually like that - it means that the couple can relax and enjoy some part of the day without the rest of the world watching on. It would be bad enough knowing that everything that you say and do on you wedding is being picked apart by the rest of the world without having the reception shown around the world as well. I like the fact that the British have always given the couple that normality on their wedding day compared to the Scandinavian who want to show everything and the couple are left with nothing private and special with just family and friends but everything shared with complete strangers.

From Charles and Diana's Wedding a few pics where released for example one of the Queen, Diana and some of the Flower children in the Picture Gallery. And here are some where Diana prepares for the official pics. The caption says she prepares at Clarence House but you can reognize that it it's the Throne Room of Buckingham Palace in the background

Last edited:
Yes I remember those! I hope we may get a little something like that. You know I just always thought those were shot by Lord Lichfield and released as part of the official photographs can anyone confirm or deny that for me? Then again I wasn't even born in 1981 so my info is shaky just based on what I've learned in the past 5 years or so. It could have been Princess Margret with the shots inside since I can't remember getting anything from Princess Anne though I do remember that stunning photo taken of the couple of what I think is outside of BP when they arrived back.

georgiea do we know for a fact Kate will be switching dresses? Have I missed something? Mind you I am in no way complaining I would love for her to switch outfits for the evening party.

Have we seen these shots sndral is talking about? Were the actual couple in any of the shots that's my problem tbh I don't care seeing the guests arrive I want to see William and Kate. Yes we could say but you saw them all day why again now and really I dunno why except I want to see Kate if she does switch outfits. Even if she doesn't I'd still love to see some shots.

Last edited:
They weren't shown live at the time but were released afterwards.

They weren't shown live at the time but were released afterwards.

Yes of course. Live Coverage ended with the arrival of the RF at Buckingham Palace. Later the Balcony appearance and the start in the Honeymoon was shown which we will not see this year as there is no start in the Honeymoon. If at all i expect 1 or 2 pics from the dinner in the evening like for Charles 60th birthday dinner but it would be nice if they would allow photographs of the guests arriving but i don't think so.

Isn't the start of the honeymoon going to be the Saturday/Sunday? I read that they were spending the wedding night at BP & would leave for the honeymoon Saturday or Sunday so I think we'll still see something of them leaving for their honeymoon whenever that actually is.

Isn't the start of the honeymoon going to be the Saturday/Sunday? I read that they were spending the wedding night at BP & would leave for the honeymoon Saturday or Sunday so I think we'll still see something of them leaving for their honeymoon whenever that actually is.
We don't know but at the Weddings of Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah the bridal Couples left after the Wedding breakfast in an open Carriage. And this was also shown live on TV.

We don't know but at the Weddings of Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah the bridal Couples left after the Wedding breakfast in an open Carriage. And this was also shown live on TV.

But they didn't have an evening dinner and dancing. They left during the late afternoon/early evening - marriage about 11.30 a.m., back to the palace, balcony over by 1.30 p.m., wedding breakfast and off on honeymoon about 5.00 that evening.

The excitement is building for sure. I believe that the dress has been underway for weeks already. hopefully we will hear which designer soon.

Which celebrities or foreign royals would you like to see at Prince William wedding?

Many papers have been made so far the speculation who would possibly attend the British royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.For example,the Beckhams are reportedly said to attend the wedding.I wish that at their wedding will be present Prince Albert of Monaco with Charlene,Danish and Spanish heirs to the throne along with such celebrities as Kylie Minogue,Celine Dion or Nicole Kidman. And even Madonna,but that's hardly possible.

I don't know what it is with this wedding. It seems to have brought out those meanness and envy of some people who seem to think that if William and Kate accept "certain" presents (namely not on the bigot's own approval list) then they will be seen as promoting hunger, slavery, terrorism, and bus strikes. Probably a swarm of locusts is waiting in the wings. It is deemed "good" she is traveling to her wedding by car (albeit a Rolls Royce) but now more do-gooders are muttering about how she should eschew any idea of a tiara as too "Rich", shorten her train (if indeed she has one planned) and refuse or return gifts if they don't come from Tesco's or Target or some other such "normal" retail outlet. I wait with bated breath for the suggestion that she nip down and grab a rental wedding dress off the rack!

The worst thing about all of this is it seems to come from a small (and narrow minded) disaffected upper middle class who I suspect are enjoying the column space their pontificating is consuming but who would never lower themselves to inflict the same austerity on their own daughters or sons.

Contrary to some sniping, the Queen's own wedding, in a time of tremendous austerity in post war Britain and the Commonwealth was a joyous occasion shared vicariously by millions. As was that of Prince Charles and Lady Diana in a time of deep recession. Contrary to the joyless gits in our midst, the masses did not rise up and overthrow the Monarchy nor, which I suspect is more to the point, did they lay waste to the middle classes, burning their houses and stealing their cars, such was their hate and envy.

I suspect that much the same will happen when William and Catherine tie the knot. A spontaneous outpouring of happiness and a fair amount of good will not to mention bonhomie. Saints preserve us . . . . the barbarians are at the gate!

I don't get the 'hate' either. They blame Kate's parents for acting like 21 century Boleyns, Kate for wanting to be Diana and William wanting a copy of his mother.
What the 'haters' fail to see (IMO) is that THEY are wanting a second Diana: a shy, demure, beautiful young woman with glamour and style.
This is also something that the press wants: a woman who will sell as much (or more) than Diana.

What they also fail to see, is that if there was internet at the time of Charles and Diana's engagement, surely there would be negative comments and blogs around about the costs of the wedding and the train incident (where Diana was mistaken for Camilla) would surely had gotten more attention and doubters.
But fact is: when Charles and Diana married there was no internet, we had tv, radio and the papers. They painted the fairy tale and people fell for it.

But fact is: when Charles and Diana married there was no internet, we had tv, radio and the papers. They painted the fairy tale and people fell for it.

So very true. I was over the moon over Diana and still think so highly of her but I agree with you that she probably would have been portrayed differently in the age of the Internet.

I saw many british royal weeddings,(Princess margaret's weedding, Princess Alexandra's weedding, Prince Charles and Diana's weedding, Andrew and Edward's weeddings, they are shorter than the scandinavia royal's weeddings, there are the arrival of royall members 'the arrival of the bride and the ceremony after the return to Buckimgham,the balcony event,and the start for the honeymoon of the couple. we don't see the other royal guests apart there is a short view at the start of the honeymoon because they follow a little moment the bride. It was like this at the Diana and Charles's weedding.Do you now if there is a list of guests?

I'm usually all for tradition, but in this case I hope William and Catherine abandon the custom of child attendants, and have all adults.

It's a fairly recent tradition to use children (started with Queen Victoria), and one that I never liked much. It's a British trend not generally seen in the U.S. so perhaps that's why I don't care for it.

Still, I would think they'd prefer to have their friends in the wedding party instead of the children of their friends!

I'm not sure they would not have kids Mirabel, I think it's British tradition (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to have young children in the wedding party. Whereas in America it's normally adults, since they're not American I doubt we'll see that.

Last edited:
it's not only a British tradition. In fact many other European countries have it, including my homeland ( Bulgaria). Anyway, to have children is not so bad...kinda lightens the " stiff" atmosphere in some weddings on a way. And I believe William and Kate will not be the one to break this tradition. However, they will have the final word.

God I've lost count of the number of times I was a bridesmaid/flowergirl when I was a kid, thank goodness I got too old for that job! Lol! ;)

I never realised it was a particularly British thing to use kids in the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom