Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jdcharlie said:
I'd look at him wearing this: http://tinyurl.com/39999vp

The AF uniform doesn't have the same punch. Oh well. :)

I think those navy uniforms are jinxed when Windsors wear them to weddings. Didn't his great-grandfather King George VI wear a RAF uniform when he married the Queen Mother?

Last edited:
I've personally never liked the Naval uniforms, no real reason why, they're perfectly fine uniforms in themselves just something about them I dislike. I hope, and expect, he'll wear his RAF uniform since he is actually serving with them at the time of the wedding so it'd be weird if he wore a different uniform from the service he currently works in.

Not sure if that would mean him wearing the blue one he's worn before (Trooping of the Colour, him getting his Wings ceremony etc) or if there may be some super special dress uniform to be worn (I should probably know more seeing as I have an Uncle who is ex-RAF & I was bridesmaid at his wedding & he got married in his RAF uniform! I was like 4 though. Lol!) Either way I have to say I think William looks his best in uniform these days, really, really suits him I think ;)

I just fllipped the channel to E! News. They're saying Queen E. is NOT pleased with how William and Kate are handling their wedding. She reportedly thinks the arriving by car bit is silly (so do I) as it's not really saving all that much. She reportedly said to William: "At what point are you going to stop being trendy and start being realistic." They're also claiming they know who's making Kate's wedding dress.

I just fllipped the channel to E! News. They're saying Queen E. is NOT pleased with how William and Kate are handling their wedding. She reportedly thinks the arriving by car bit is silly (so do I) as it's not really saving all that much. She reportedly said to William: "At what point are you going to stop being trendy and start being realistic." They're also claiming they know who's making Kate's wedding dress.

Although I can imagine the Queen saying this I wonder who was there to hear it and then report it - that staff member surely is out of a job now!!

I don't believe she said this, tbh. Although arriving by car isn't the preference of some (it would be mine), it's not silly, nor is it trendy. Her allegedly favorite daughter-in-law arrived by car. So did her grandson's wife, as did her cousin (Princess Alexandra). It just sounds like some people are trying to stir drama for the sake of ratings.

SASSY said:

There was article saying the same in Daily Mail (possibly their source) ..... Well if they know who's making the dress, are they telling?!)

I hope the Queen did say this, because she said what I've been thinking!

Ok, all they said about the wedding dress is that it's someone who is not well known and has made things for the Middleton women before. About the car...IMO they mean it's silly to say it's saving money as the horses are already there to take them from the venue. I think it's simply Kate's wish to arrive by car but the either the press or the William's peeps tried to spin it.

Wouldn't it be nice if the queen gave Catherine a tiara for her wedding as a birthday gift? That would give these royal correspondents some positive topics concerning the relationship between the queen and Kate to write about for a change.

Can "E" please supply the name of the Medium/Psychic/Mind Reader who "saw" and "heard" our beloved Queen Elizabeth behaving in such an arrogant and insulting way? :whistling:

Anyway "E", who said the choice of vehicle had anything whatsoever to do with economy? :D

As for "E" knowing who was making Kate's wedding dress . . . . like they could actually keep their mouths shut and not "scoop" the world!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes the media has nothing better to do, IMO. :bang:

Personally, I'm hoping she chose to arrive by car because her dress has a lovely intricate train that would be wrinkled or crushed if she arrives by carriage.

THAT would be a good, practical reason for doing it.

I'm wondering if this decision has been made because Kate is allergic to horses. If they only leave the church in a closed coach than maybe she won't have a prolonged exposure to the horses. Using a car will cut down on this. Also, I remember people saying how badly Diana's dress was crushed being smashed up in the coach. Maybe there will be more room in the car.

Does it matter? I mean it is William and Kate's wedding hence their decisions though I doubt the Queen would say such a thing.

Anyways anyone but me just come to the realization that even if we get pics at the Quadrangle during the dinner party we prob won't see anything from William and Kate unless press are allowed inside BP to take a few pictures as the guests are going into the hall. Cause I don't think Kate and William will leave BP after the lunch I'm assuming they'll just change outfits at BP.

k I have no bloody idea if I've asked this but do the royals usually have a private photographer during their wedding? Like do you think Diana and Charles had one that took photos for them to keep for themselves in a private album ones that were never released to the public. For example for Diana and Charles, Lord Lichfield took the official portraits at BP from the wedding but did he just take those or was he used to take private photos for the couple as well? Or do you think it was a different photographer if at all.

Last edited:

I don't believe a thing of it. IMO the press is just impatient because there is not much news to report as of yet.
They don't get their way with this one, and that gives sour grapes.

I'm wondering if this decision has been made because Kate is allergic to horses. If they only leave the church in a closed coach than maybe she won't have a prolonged exposure to the horses. Using a car will cut down on this. Also, I remember people saying how badly Diana's dress was crushed being smashed up in the coach. Maybe there will be more room in the car.
I have never heard of anyone getting anaphalactic shock from riding in an ENCLOSED horse drawn carriage. As for the crumpled train, well, Sarah's looked nice on her wedding day. It was only the Emmanuel's inexperience designing for Diana that caused the crumpled train IMO.

I have never heard of anyone getting anaphalactic shock from riding in an ENCLOSED horse drawn carriage. As for the crumpled train, well, Sarah's looked nice on her wedding day. It was only the Emmanuel's inexperience designing for Diana that caused the crumpled train IMO.

I'm certain she is not that allergic. IMTS, she goes to the polo regularly with William so I'm sure a mild antihistamine would keep it in check.

From that article:

I returned from the cathedral to the palace in the glass coach that Diana had arrived in, trotting down the Mall in a horse-drawn coach — an experience only slightly ruined by the tears of fellow bridesmaid six-year-old Catherine Cameron, who turned out to be allergic to horses."

So people allergic to horses can have problems on riding in the glass coach... as it happened at Diana's wedding with this little bridesmaid.

Oh dear Kate is allergic to horses? Well she's marrying into the wrong family then. :lol:

Oh dear Kate is allergic to horses? Well she's marrying into the wrong family then. :lol:

Yeah she is, and it's been noted quite a lot that she is marrying into the wrong family. :lol:
I don't intend at all for that sentence to come out in an attacking way, i've just re-read it and its not how I mean it to come across.

Yeah she is, and it's been noted quite a lot that she is marrying into the wrong family. :lol:
I don't intend at all for that sentence to come out in an attacking way, i've just re-read it and its not how I mean it to come across.

I take it as meaning that she is marrying into the wrong family because they have very much to do with horses and she is supposedly allergic to them.
She should rather seek a family who collects stamps or whatever else :D

I see the remark in a funny light.

I take it as meaning that she is marrying into the wrong family because they have very much to do with horses and she is supposedly allergic to them.

Yeah it is meant in that way.
However Diana hadn't ridden a horse since she fell off when she was a child. She found Balmoral incredible boring, and hated the site of hunting. Kate seemingly likes Balmoral, and she doesn't mind hunting. I suppose she'll have to get used to the horses. :)

Skippy said:

I took it as funny too, it's hard to convey tone when it's written :)

I'm allergic to; horses, cats, ... a lot of animals and things ..but with a "normal" antihistaminicum I have no problems whatsoever - I event went riding for some years .. allways with medication .. otherwise bad asthma.

But I'm not sure if it works the same with everybody.

I'm allergic to; horses, cats, ... a lot of animals and things ..but with a "normal" antihistaminicum I have no problems whatsoever - I event went riding for some years .. allways with medication .. otherwise bad asthma.

But I'm not sure if it works the same with everybody.
I must work well enough for Kate, otherwise she wouldn't accompany Wills to his polo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom