Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Can anyone say 'one term government'?...:D

It's well known the co-alition is very much enthused by the prospective nuptials so that kind of retort is no real surprise.

Last edited:
Kate is not anorexic and it's irresponsible to start spreading those kinds of rumors. As for whether CP Mary or CP Victoria's wedding dresses were boring......that's your opinion. I think classic and simple is not only the most flattering on a woman, but less dated. You don't want to look like the year you got married.

Not per se: I would go for a look that I like and if it is dated - then so be it.
I suppose I am also one of the very few who do not find the 80s fashion shameful etcetera. It was just what was existing in those days and everyone or most people went by it.
I don't really understand the "what was I thinking" mood, in that way in twenty years most people will also complain about what they wear now. Just let it be.

And I agree with firebee34 about CP Victoria's wedding dress. While I do not find it ugly, beautiful is also not my description. It's somewhere in the middle but absolutely not something I would like to see Catherine wear.

Why thank you skippy. Your right on. CP Victoria's dress wasn't ugly , just to plain for the occasion. I think on a woman's wedding day all eyes should be on her.... But after the initial first glimpse, I went back to oogling the many fabulous tiaras in the crowd. It was just to........ ho hum.
i think Kate has a fabulous figure and can pull off most anything. I just hope the dress lives up to the monumental occasion that it is. After all, she is marrying the future King and getting married in Westminster Abbey in front of 100's of millions of people. I'll know if she has a fabulous dress or not, by how much time I spend looking at the hats in the crowd :D

I think Kate would look really good in something like Jessica Simpson's wedding dress (with some sort of sleeves or shoulder covering of course). Its sparkly and lacy but I don't think it will swallow up her figure like a enormous ball gown would.

http://tiny.cc/b8uyc

http://tiny.cc/nvgv9

I think Kate would look really good in something like Jessica Simpson's wedding dress (with some sort of sleeves or shoulder covering of course). Its sparkly and lacy but I don't think it will swallow up her figure like a enormous ball gown would.

http://tiny.cc/b8uyc

http://tiny.cc/nvgv9

:D

thats what I hope she won't wear :lol:

Thank good, she wears a much simpler style; allready back in the 80th I found Dianas dress "memorable" but unstylish to say it gently... that Simpson thing looks so hollywood :whistling: but not as fashionable as Grace Kellys dress .. more like "the princess diaries"

By the way,I read on yahoo that Victoria Beckham was officially invited to the wedding,as Kate always has been a fan of her.
I think they could invite Kylie Minogue,but I doubt for Madonna,Kate Moss,Angelina Jolie or Britney Spears(who met with Princes William and Harry).
I think we'll have more surprises at this point.

Where did you read this on yahoo?
I don't see why they would invite the Beckhams and Kylie.

Where did you read this on yahoo?
I don't see why they would invite the Beckhams and Kylie.

Well maybe, and that's a big maybe, the Beckham's just because William has done some events with David, but not sure about anyone else...of course I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't invited either.

The two very formal wedding we were guest at this year, the bride had a larger more ballgown skirt. One was by Monique Lhoullier. Very beautiful will lots of cascading tucks as the embellishment. Very little beading. These things come and go but that's what is in fashion at formal NYC weddings at this moment.

He has done some events in the football capacity, but i doubt that would constitute an invite to their wedding.

The article just speculates rumours, nothing is definete.

We don't know how friendly William might be with David Beckham but having worked together on the failed bid, and knowing that William is a fan of English football, it wouldn't surprise me if the Beckhams were invited. I also wouldn't be surprised if they weren't invited but it would simply depend on what sort of friendship relationship they have.

William is also President of the FA & has been for few years now so quite involved in football in that sense as well as being a fan & then Beckham is probably the most well known footballer ever from England while also having a good reputation when it comes to representing his country & in various charity works so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Beckhams were invited. It would be one way of sort of having glamorous celeb guests but ones that have reason to be there (ie: not reality show, d-list types etc who'd probably love to be invited just to get their pic taken).

That said, could see them not being invited so as not to turn it into a big celebrity who's who with everyone ignoring the wedding part & just trying to find all the celeb guests.

Well i've never known anyone to remember it because it was pretty.

I was a Diana fan in the beginning. I thought she was stunning on her wedding day. The dress, the coach, the tiara...everything. No one would have mentioned her droopy hair had it not been pointed out by the commentators!

Why thank you skippy. Your right on. CP Victoria's dress wasn't ugly , just to plain for the occasion. I think on a woman's wedding day all eyes should be on her.... But after the initial first glimpse, I went back to oogling the many fabulous tiaras in the crowd. It was just to........ ho hum.
i think Kate has a fabulous figure and can pull off most anything. I just hope the dress lives up to the monumental occasion that it is. After all, she is marrying the future King and getting married in Westminster Abbey in front of 100's of millions of people. I'll know if she has a fabulous dress or not, by how much time I spend looking at the hats in the crowd :D

May I jump on this bandwagon too?
I agree that CP Victoria's dress was very plain. Maybe she wanted it that way, but I did not care for it at all.
For one thing, I don't like short sleeves on a wedding dress; I prefer long or three-quarter length, it's more flattering.
Hers weren't even cap sleeves, just...short.

Catherine may like something streamlined, but it should look right in the Abbey...a slip dress like Caroline Bessette's (sp?) was much admired at the time but I think it doesn't suit the setting.
I really hope she doesn't select anything too understated. I want splendor!

May I jump on this bandwagon too?
I agree that CP Victoria's dress was very plain. Maybe she wanted it that way, but I did not care for it at all.
For one thing, I don't like short sleeves on a wedding dress; I prefer long or three-quarter length, it's more flattering.
Hers weren't even cap sleeves, just...short.

Catherine may like something streamlined, but it should look right in the Abbey...a slip dress like Caroline Bessette's (sp?) was much admired at the time but I think it doesn't suit the setting.
I really hope she doesn't select anything too understated. I want splendor!

I agree that Victoria's dress wasn't very exciting, but I thought the cut style was elegant and regal in it's simplicity. It went really well with the elegant Cameo tiara which was absolutely stunning on her. I can't imagine that a more adorned or elaborately designed dress would have worked as well with that tiara which IMO is one of the most beautiful and unique tiaras I have ever seen.

I thought the most important part of Victoria's wedding dress was it fit her style and that made it very pretty in my mind plus she wore the dress it didn't wear her, so although I do was glamour for Kate I also hope she sticks with her personal style- which so far based on her engagement dress and photos she will do :)

Photo Gallery

some of these dresses are nice.

I also agree about the caroline bessete (spelling) dress. It was chic and perfectly acceptable for a small chapel wedding. But a sheath dress on Kate in Westminster Abbey? She would fade into the background. I'm still thinking full skirt and longish train. Or maybe a slender skirt with a detachable train for volume during the walk down the aisle and then taken off at the reception. Gee I wish she would consult me on these things... :D

The two very formal wedding we were guest at this year, the bride had a larger more ballgown skirt. One was by Monique Lhoullier. Very beautiful will lots of cascading tucks as the embellishment. Very little beading. These things come and go but that's what is in fashion at formal NYC weddings at this moment.

I thought of the pick up skirt too. I think that would be nice, although I think even now that it is a dated look. my bridesmaids wore them 3 yrs ago. I like the style and I know it is popular, but somehow it would be considered too common.
whatever Kate wears, it will be in shops the day after the wedding. so I do hope it is fashion forward and something new. she will be setting the trends for years to come.

Maybe a mermaid style only higher up on the thighs? lots of lace and sparklies *sigh*

Maybe a mermaid style only higher up on the thighs? lots of lace and sparklies *sigh*

I agree with the lace and sparklies, but not with the mermaid style wedding dress. That is too Hollywood, imo.

She's marrying the future King of England at Westminster Abbey, not going to the Oscars. While I don't doubt the dress will reflect her personal taste, she also must remember who she is marrying and where.

Also, "lots of lace and sparklies" just makes it sound almost childish and she's a woman of 28, not a little girl dressing up for Halloween.

She's marrying the future King of England at Westminster Abbey, not going to the Oscars. While I don't doubt the dress will reflect her personal taste, she also must remember who she is marrying and where.

Also, "lots of lace and sparklies" just makes it sound almost childish and she's a woman of 28, not a little girl dressing up for Halloween.

your right. she should get married in a plain dress like Queen Silvia or Princess Maxima. :nonono::sick:
If there were a puking emoticon, I would have used it. :D

What do you mean by that? A woman of 28 is not supposed to like "lots of lace and sparklies"?

I do agree with your first alinea.

your right. she should get married in a plain dress like Queen Silvia or Princess Maxima. :nonono::sick:
If there were a puking emoticon, I would have used it. :D

Princess Máxima married very beautiful, according to me. My most disappointing brides was CP Mette-Marit and I have to admit that I felt a disappointment when I saw CP Victoria - but I have said that before.
I don't find Queen Silvia's wedding dress particularly outstanding either, it's just not my taste.

I wish instead something revolutionary,a little break from classical traditions,something in Vivienne Westwood gorgeous gothic style,maybe more classical features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom