Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why Hello used such an old photo of Kate on their cover this week?

Probably because everyone is tired of looking at the same old photo from the engagement. If new/never used old photos aren't published, people won't buy the mags.

Do people tire that quickly of something that was anticipated for so long?
I suppose that is what comes with instant access to media.

I think Catherine should wear a traditional white dress ... why a different colour?

Btw, does anyone know if there is an art forum or do I have to create one myself? I recently did a portrait drawing of Prince William. Check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZm3v06IaI

Do people tire that quickly of something that was anticipated for so long?
I suppose that is what comes with instant access to media.

Sad to say, Skippy, but it's true. At least, I'm guilty; but you'll see griping going on about how there are no new photos of this child or that child, and so on.

Last night when I was flipping through TV channels, there was that pic of PW and Catherine again and I said to myself, "We need a new photo."

Sad to say, Skippy, but it's true. At least, I'm guilty; but you'll see griping going on about how there are no new photos of this child or that child, and so on.

Last night when I was flipping through TV channels, there was that pic of PW and Catherine again and I said to myself, "We need a new photo."

I agree about the griping, I read that a lot too.

However I am not one of those who quickly tire of things - I still find the engagement picture special.

I do very much hope for an official posed portrait though, like those that user ghostnight has brought in for an example.
But I won't expect that until next year - patience is everything today.

I can't imagine that Ms. Middleton liked Diana's dress; it's not remotely her style.

I've noticed that even non-royal brides in the UK sometimes wear tiara-style headpieces; that Autumn Kelly did so shouldn't necessarily be taken as an indication of anything. Tiara bridal headpieces used to be a bit more popular in the US than they are now. These things are primarily a matter of fashion.

It was Sarah Ferguson's choice to wear a wreath of flowers down the aisle and to put on the tiara later in the ceremony, because she liked the symbolism of it. There's no rule about this so far as I know. I think Ms. Middleton might well wear a tiara lent her by the Queen. But let's hope it's a light one. The Spencer tiara was too heavy and didn't do Diana's hair any favors. Not that Middleton would be wearing that one. She's not a Spencer and isn't marrying into the Spencer family.

The engagement photo will always be special, but new pics are always appreciated.

I think Catherine should wear a traditional white dress ... why a different colour?

Btw, does anyone know if there is an art forum or do I have to create one myself? I recently did a portrait drawing of Prince William. Check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZm3v06IaI

You are very very talented and I really enjoyed watching this portrait come to life. Thanks for sharing this!

RoyalReporter from Daily Express posted this morning on twitter an official statement from CH confirming that while Prince William appreciates Snoop Dog's song he will not need his assistance for his wedding or bachelor party.

My guess is that, whichever designer she chooses, her gown will be based on the tiara she borrows. And my guess as to which tiara she chooses is the kokoshnik. It's both stellar and restrained at the same time, and it could carry either a modern or more classic dress design.

How rude! But I guess the Middletons are used to such stuff being written about them.

Of course their businesses are going to indirectly benefit from Kate being married to William, and the RF and the courtiers would know this. It's only natural, and the business or other interests of the family of anyone else who married in to the RF would also benefit in some way or another. I'm fairly sure the Middletons are not going to start marketing anything grossly inappropriate to capitalise on the situation.

The press are getting ridiculous are they just bored do they have nothing else to talk about?!

They have nothing else to talk about.
It's the snow or the engagment, and right now I would prefer the engagment.

How rude! But I guess the Middletons are used to such stuff being written about them.

Of course their businesses are going to indirectly benefit from Kate being married to William, and the RF and the courtiers would know this. It's only natural, and the business or other interests of the family of anyone else who married in to the RF would also benefit in some way or another. I'm fairly sure the Middletons are not going to start marketing anything grossly inappropriate to capitalise on the situation.

I reckon that within a couple of years the Middleton's will sell the business.

Why sell something they have built from scratch?

As they are really the first family in this situation it is new territory for the royal family.

Others marrying into the royal family haven't had high profile businesses and thus no need for anything to be said but if they start using something like a royal logo that could be taken as cashing in on the relationship then that would be inappropriate. Of course running parties with a princess theme for little girls is fine but say a wedding with a royal theme - maybe not.

It remains to be seen, I guess, but I really can't imagine that we'll see the Middletons starting to market Royal Princess theme wedding parties for little girls. Why would they do that to their beloved daughter? I have a feeling William would have sussed them out about this sort of thing over the last 8 years though.

But you have to admit it is the ultimate "By Royal Appointment" award though, isn't it!

I reckon that within a couple of years the Middleton's will sell the business.

I suspect you're right, wymanda. Once Kate is a member of The Firm, and the future Queen Consort, and her parents are the parents-in-law of the future King, things will subtly begin to change within the extended family by osmosis.

Last edited:
It remains to be seen, I guess, but I really can't imagine that we'll see the Middletons starting to market Royal Princess theme wedding parties for little girls. Why would they do that to their beloved daughter? I have a feeling William would have sussed them out about this sort of thing over the last 8 years though.

But you have to admit it is the ultimate "By Royal Appointment" award though, isn't it!

I suspect you're right, wymanda. Once Kate is a member of The Firm, and the future Queen Consort, and her parents are the parents-in-law of the future King, things will subtly begin to change within the extended family by osmosis.

I am sorry I didn't mean that they would do princess themed wedding parties for little girls. They already do princess themed parties for little girls and I see nothing wrong with that as that is typical of little girls but... if they started doing royal wedding themed parties for grown-ups I would say they were overstepping the appropriate business line.

RoyalReporter from Daily Express posted this morning on twitter an official statement from CH confirming that while Prince William appreciates Snoop Dog's song he will not need his assistance for his wedding or bachelor party.

Bwaaahahahaha! Shut that one down. Good for William!

Wymanda, why on earth would the Middletons want to sell their business ???

You don't sell a thriving business when it's on its way UP. The recognition factor will increase before, during and after The Wedding.

I am sorry I didn't mean that they would do princess themed wedding parties for little girls. They already do princess themed parties for little girls and I see nothing wrong with that as that is typical of little girls but... if they started doing royal wedding themed parties for grown-ups I would say they were overstepping the appropriate business line.

Iluvbertie they now have grown-up wedding party goods, but not royal wedding themed. I wish they would sell a royal wedding cake. I would buy it.:flowers:

if they started doing royal wedding themed parties for grown-ups I would say they were overstepping the appropriate business line.

I'd have to agree with you. That would be tacky. :lol:

Iluvbertie they now have grown-up wedding party goods, but not royal wedding themed. I wish they would sell a royal wedding cake. I would buy it.:flowers:

That to me is the sort of thing they simply shouldn't do as that would be crossing the line and definitely selling out Kate's new position.

Had they been selling such royal themed wedding cakes for years then I would see no problem but to introduce anything royal related now would be the wrong thing to do and would create a poor impression.

I have never ever been one to judge William for going in his mother's route but am I the only one who is a bit bugged about the prospect of ordinary folks attending the wedding breakfast at BP? I would have persumed this part of the day would be more private as such idk at first I was thrilled at the prospect but now something about that is bothering me. Though I do agree on the idea of ordinary folks coming to the ceremony.

My guess is that, whichever designer she chooses, her gown will be based on the tiara she borrows. And my guess as to which tiara she chooses is the kokoshnik. It's both stellar and restrained at the same time, and it could carry either a modern or more classic dress design.

Love that tiara. I think she needs a nice bigger more flashy(if you will) tiara since her gown will probably be plain

I have never ever been one to judge William for going in his mother's route but am I the only one who is a bit bugged about the prospect of ordinary folks attending the wedding breakfast at BP? I would have persumed this part of the day would be more private as such idk at first I was thrilled at the prospect but now something about that is bothering me. Though I do agree on the idea of ordinary folks coming to the ceremony.

If this is true then the reception will be at least double the size of Charles and Diana's as they only had 120 people at the reception.

For sure I just don't see them fitting that many people into the state dinning room

Another article out today
Who Is Helping Prince William and Kate Middleton Plan the Royal Wedding? - Weddings, Kate Middleton, Prince William, The British Royals : People.com

I found this quote pretty interesting which is the only reason why I posted this article
"We finally have two nice tall people in the royal family, after so many short ones," said designer Bruce Oldfield, who made clothing for Diana. "Kate and William are two giants."
Read more: Kate becomes Catherine for her prince's family | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

The Press Association: Royal wedding Oyster card planned

Last edited:
Being a huge fan of Prince Charles and all his efforts, I was shocked to see Prince William giving his fiancee the ring of Diana, thereby giving the press an excuse, (as if they needed one!) to drag up all the gossip and tragedy of "Saint Diana." I think that William should have had more sensitivity, and I am sorry if I upset anyone, that is not my intention, just my feelings. Diana turned Charles into the most hated man in Britain, and I think the re-emergence of her ring is a death knell to Charles and Camilla. I would be interested to know other members feelings on this subject. The inference I receive from the press is that William has asked his uncle Earl Spencer to speak at his wedding. If this is true, I am at a loss, and have no interest whatever in the coming nuptuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom