Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know William will not be with them this year at Christmas we even have heard he may skip many more Christmas' with the BRF but we weren't sure till now what Kate will be doing....till now. Also Kate wants Pippa to organize her official engagements...hookay this is getting weirder by the minute but I do hope the bit about Kate and Centrepoint is true!

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William and Kate Middleton: One's heli of an Xmas

Can a family member be hired as LIW? And I also hope that the story about Kate volunteering at Centrepoint is true. That would be really nice for her & the people that will get to work with her.

:previous: One of the novel questions which arise when a member of the middle class marries the Prince of Wales' elder son.

I can't think of a reason why a close relative could not be a lady-in-waiting. I am fairly sure more distant relatives have been in the past. I think the issue here arises from the word "lady". Traditionally ladies-in-waiting have been noblewomen, appointed, not hired. It was an honour, not something for which the lady would be paid. If Pippa were to be so appointed, and paid a salary, it would change the nature of the role.

Any experts out there to give us a definitive answer?

Can a family member be hired as LIW? And I also hope that the story about Kate volunteering at Centrepoint is true. That would be really nice for her & the people that will get to work with her.

Lady Sarah McCorquadale acted as LiW to her sister, Diana Princess of Wales.

Well according to Charles, they've been practising a long time. I thing they should show us what they've learned. :lol:

Will Prince Albert and Charleen be invited to Prince William's wedding?

I'm sure the guest list it 's not quite made up,but it could be possible.

I would like that bride's dress won't be purely white "virginal" colour,it will seem anyway funny and traditional,it would be great if would decide mixed colour dress (pale rose or blue colouring mixed with beige or white)

Last edited:
I would like that bride's dress won't be purely white "virginal" colour,it will seem anyway funny and traditional,it would be great if would decide mixed colour dress (pale rose or blue colouring mixed with beige or white)

Do you mean something like Gwen Stefani wore on her wedding day?

I don't think that is appropriate at all for a royal wedding, makes it too modern. Just my opinion of course.

Do you mean something like Gwen Stefani wore on her wedding day?

I don't think that is appropriate at all for a royal wedding, makes it too modern. Just my opinion of course.
Not qiute Gwen,maybe something more sophisticated and closer to classical style

i feel sorry for William, because no matter HOW much he wants to change things and do everything his own way, there will be little he can change in his lifetime. This is royalty, EVERYTHING can't be changed suddenly, years of tradition can't be written off. They will try to change one small step at a time...maybe by the time of William's grandchildren, things will be immensely different. Or maybe even by the time his children are older.

"treacherous world" is it really that bad:(

i feel sorry for William, because no matter HOW much he wants to change things and do everything his own way, there will be little he can change in his lifetime. This is royalty, EVERYTHING can't be changed suddenly, years of tradition can't be written off. They will try to change one small step at a time...maybe by the time of William's grandchildren, things will be immensely different. Or maybe even by the time his children are older.

"treacherous world" is it really that bad:(

That's royalty.
If he didn't want to live by it, he could have easily opted out.

Tradition serves a purpose and has its usefulness. You can make modification and operate differently from the yesteryears without changing the rules completely. Charles had to marry a virgin because he felt it was his duty, but today William did not have to suffer the same fate and that's an example of adjusting to the times. I don't think the royals have to change as much as they need to evolve.

I think it's inevitable and desirable that William will get quite a lot of his way, partly because the current mood seems to be that the country wants a young, attractive, accomplished leader who holds down a proper job.

Having said that, HM the Queen is still an iconic figure (more iconic than Diana, I think) because of her work ethic.

^Yes, which is why William's choice of a bride baffles me so much because her work ethic is somewhat questionable. She seems to be a very old-fashioned choice minus the virgin part, unless she's the type to want the ring securely on her finger before she starts imposing herself. In any case, this whole thing is being played rather oddly, and maybe that's because we live in a very different media time.

I still wonder where the label "questionable work ethic" comes from?

^Yes, which is why William's choice of a bride baffles me so much because her work ethic is somewhat questionable. She seems to be a very old-fashioned choice minus the virgin part, unless she's the type to want the ring securely on her finger before she starts imposing herself. In any case, this whole thing is being played rather oddly, and maybe that's because we live in a very different media time.
I think William made heart choice and that's the most important of all.It's a revolutionary choice of future Princess Wales,as she has no royal blood.But it's good choice;about virginity we could not talk more as they have been dating 8 years,thus "practicing long enough together " as Prince Charles said.
After all,Kate has a very good reputation,nearly virgin.

I think William made heart choice and that's the most important of all.It's a revolutionary choice of future Princess Wales,as she has no royal blood.But it's good choice;about virginity we could not talk more as they have been dating 8 years,thus "practicing long enough together " as Prince Charles said.
After all,Kate has a very good reputation,nearly virgin.
That's one way of looking at it. She's a safe and old-fashioned choice, except she's not a virgin, is what I meant to say.

I wonder the same thing. Is it because we have not seen her working yet? Besides, who or what decides when a work ethic is "questionable"?

In the engagement interview she said that she has worked hard for her parents' company, I suppose that doesn't count with some?

I don't believe for one minute she worked that hard for her parents, but in the spirit of not starting an argument over who's opinion matter more or who's right or wrong, I take the statement back.

I don't believe for one minute she worked that hard for her parents, but in the spirit of not starting an argument over who's opinion matter more or who's right or wrong, I take the statement back.

May I ask why you don't believe it?

I think too that she is a safe bet, and easy to handle, and thats why she has that ring on her finger.

Some people are talking about Kates virginity, which I think 1 = a very personal topic and 2 = people are saying she isn't a virgin, yes this isn't likely, but we cannot state it as fact unless you know Kate personally.

Initially from the paparazzi and press, I think. They would have loved her to have a job where she could have been stalked day and night, but they were frustrated in these desires. So they took their revenge by labelling her "workshy", and gullible tabloid readers have followed suit. Some jealousy involved, too, I'd guess.

Fortunately for Kate, there is a family business, and this was an option which allowed her to keep a bit of privacy. I think it was a discreet solution.

Of course, many people work in family businesses - it's nothing out of the ordinary, and I doubt most of them have to put up with such sneers and accusations.

Some people are talking about Kates virginity, which I think 1 = a very personal topic and 2 = people are saying she isn't a virgin, yes this isn't likely, but we cannot state it as fact unless you know Kate personally.

Totally agreed, that is the last thing that is our business.

For every gullible tabloid readers, you have equal amount of observers that are willing to be whitewashed.

I don't care whether Kate is a virgin or not, and if you think I was discussing virginity, then you missed my point which is fine.

You said "very old fashioned choice minus the virgin part", and then went on to say "except she's not a virgin". You may have been talking about the fact that she is old-fashioned but you kept bringing up her virginity. When there was no need to. You could have explained your point without mentioning her virginity. Btw, how do you know whether she has or hasn't lost it?

I think the virgin thing is very personal issue to both Kate and William. And if she did keep it bravo for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom