Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is good to know that eventhough they aren't together alot. They are still family & won't be excluded because they aren't part of THE FIRM.;)
THE FIRM, to my knowledge, has never excluded the Spencers from seeing William and Harry. And, to my knowlege, Earl Spencer, after his scathing attack on THE FIRM at Diana's funeral, has never really pursued either William or Harry to "let their voices sing like Diana intended" (or whatever rot he spewed from the pulpit) by spending a lot of time with either of them.
In fact, I'm rather happy he didn't as he had a lot of muck on his own plate to take care of that he was party to.
I'm sure they will be invited and all will have a lovely time.

I'm the BRF & Spencer's have buried the hatchet by now.

The hatchet might be still in their backs. I'm not up to date on the Spencer-Windsor thing but I think William was horrified (as the rest of the BRF) on the speech Earl Spencer gave at Diana's funeral. IMO, I think they MIGHT be invited to the wedding breakfast, not the wedding. And they deserve it.:lancasterrose:

The hatchet might be still in their backs. I'm not up to date on the Spencer-Windsor thing but I think William was horrified (as the rest of the BRF) on the speech Earl Spencer gave at Diana's funeral. IMO, I think they MIGHT be invited to the wedding breakfast, not the wedding. And they deserve it.:lancasterrose:

Well considering William and Harry invited Earl Spencer to the memorial service they organised for Diana as well as the Concert for Diana, I think it's a safe bet he and his children will be at the wedding and receptions.

British royal weddings don't tend to have adult bridesmaids, so it is far more likely that the assorted children in William and Kate's family and friendship group will be part of the bridal party. God-children, young cousins rather than the adult ones.

The Spencers have been at both William and Harry's 21st birthdays and the opening of the drain thing for Diana in Kensington Gardens along with other things.

William and Harry applauded Earl Spencer's speech at the funeral so I don't think they were as upset by it as others. Of course they might have been caught up in the moment and think differently in the cold light of day but the only evidence we have is their actions on the day - applause.

I would be very surprised if the Spencers aren't there in force and to the forefront as much as possible, as if Diana was still alive.

I have 2 questions first off when do you think they'll announce the time the wedding will take place I'm sure once that's announced the channels who will be carrying the wedding can start organizing their coverage. Second do the BRF typically have their own photographer for their weddings. I mean obv the general public usually gets a good amount of photos from different agencies who attended the wedding but do the couple themselves have a private album of which the public obviously don't see or do we have any info if they do, sorry for asking such stupid questions but I'm just curious

They do have their own photographer and I'm sure like any other couple they have their own private photos. I think that the photographer that will shoot the formal engagement photos is the official photographer for the wedding as well.

They do have their own photographer and I'm sure like any other couple they have their own private photos. I think that the photographer that will shoot the formal engagement photos is the official photographer for the wedding as well.

I'd take a guess that, if a formal engagement picture is taken, it will be Mario Testino.

I was thinking when I was reading all the posts about prospective Bridesmaids and Flower Girls, etc. Their is no reason she can't be like Mary and Victoria, both of whom chose to go against the established mould. For Mary no really small children and for Victoria not adult Bridesmaids or Maid of Honour.

Whatever she chooses will be a surprise to us for more than a few reasons I think.

She will have royal children as attendants. No adults. Bet my bottom dollar on it! ;)

It was lovely seeing all the royal children in Victoria's wedding.

In America we have maids of honor and bridesmaids who are friends and sisters of the bride and groom, so many people [particularly Americans] will automatically think that's what Catherine will have.

I suspect this topic will keep airing itself again and again. But we really should be asking which British royal or high ranking titled families have children that could be used? I remember the Earl of Mountbattan's family in Diana's. Wasn't India the oldest attendant?

Are we counting the supporters? If so, than I think Princes Andrew and Edward were the oldest.

If not, then Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones (now Chatto) was the oldest.

I think Pipa will definitely be maid of honor and I can see William including her brother as an attendant.

Blunder means 1m Church of England marriages are not valid | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate's marriage could be unlawful if the Church of England do not make legal changes

ROYAL WEDDING: Children, soldiers and ex-drug addicts to rub shoulders with VIPs | Mail Online

Terminally ill children, former drug addicts and wounded soldiers will receive invitations to the royal wedding next year if Prince William gets his way, the Mail understands.
His vision for the ceremony at Westminster Abbey is said to be a congregation representing the modern Royal Family and its ties with a cross-section of society.
Yesterday he and Kate Middleton travelled to London to begin work on their guest list, and instructed aides to consider the practicalities of inviting a host of ‘ordinary folk’ to rub shoulders with VIPs and aristocrats.

Last edited:
Sounds something like a repeat of Mummy's funeral. I guess Tom Cruise and Elton John will have to sit this one out.

Diana's influence is still visible - she took the boys to night shelters and taught them about AIDS. Good for her - and them.

Diana's influence is still visible - she took the boys to night shelters and taught them about AIDS. Good for her - and them.

Lately I see a lot of Diana's influence on William. Didn't he give an interview a few weeks or months ago about wanting to modernize the monarchy when he became king? Then he gave Kate Diana's ring, and now this news about opening the wedding up to people Diana would have spent time with.

She will have royal children as attendants. No adults. Bet my bottom dollar on it! ;)

You don't think she will have her sister as an attendent then?

I do - Pippa is a dead cert for me.

On further thinking about this my view is

Bridesmaids - Pippa Middleton, Zara Phillips, Marguerite Armstrong-Jones, Lady Eloise Taylor, Lady Louise Windsor & Lady Laura Spencer
Pageboys - Lord Edmund Spencer & Viscount Severn
Groom's Supporters - Prince Harry & Peter Phillips

Last edited:
On further thinking about this my view is

Bridesmaids - Pippa Middleton, Zara Phillips, Maria-Olympia, Lady Eloise Taylor, Lady Louise Windsor & Lady Laura Spencer
Pageboys - Lord Edmund Spencer & Viscount Severn
Groom's Supporters - Prince Harry & Peter Phillips

If she is to have members of William's family in her supporters I wonder if he would consider having her brother as a supporter.

I don't think he will have Peter though. He didn't even attend Peter's wedding - due to going to the wedding of Jecca Craig's brother in Kenya, if I remember correctly.

I do think that there will be more of her friends rather than the royals with Marguerite Armstrong-Jones more likely than Lady Louise for mine. The Wessexes are so protective of their children I wonder if they will even allow them to take part.

I hope that's not true. This wedding needs to be about him and Kate, not his late mother.

I hope that's not true. This wedding needs to be about him and Kate, not his late mother.

As William is as much of a Spencer as he is a Windsor, if he does want his uncle to do a rememberance of his mother on his wedding day, I think its quite fitting. Many couple do this on their special day. At my son's wedding this past summer, both the bride and the bride's mother lit a rememberance candle for the bride's father at the onset of the ceremony.

What matters at this wedding is that it goes the way William wants it to. It doesn't matter what the public, the press, or anyone else thinks or feels about Diana. What matters is that William wishes her to be remembered and a part of his special day.

As William is as much of a Spencer as he is a Windsor, if he does want his uncle to do a rememberance of his mother on his wedding day, I think its quite fitting.

It might be better coming from one of her sisters.

What matters at this wedding is that it goes the way William wants it to.

.... and Kate :)

It might be better coming from one of her sisters.

.... and Kate :)

Oh most definitely! I think these two are very much involved as a team planning this wedding.

Kitty Spencer
http://www.imageshugger.com/images/tly85zdgpug6wfy4wz3.jpg

Until now, that's all speculation, (these tabloids...:ermm: )
Anyway, if it's true, I agree Wills really wants "his mother" in his wedding. (Earl Spencer, the one who really was pround of Diana's memory and defended it through all of these years, Elton John, who made one of the greatest homages to her, the ring for Kate (oh, I'm sooo glad for it), and finally Kitty Spencer whose most perfect of this world's eyes seem to be inherited from her aunt). It seems Wills really want his mother in this day so important in his life. I think it can represent a new time, when the future king can finally can be himself and do a homage to his mother as and when he desire it, without the gags that those who want to sweep away her memory forever. And, after all, considering the picture above, Kitty Spencer could be a beautiful bridesmaid!

Lola Rosalind Parker Bowles would be an interesting choice.

I pretty much agree with most of you but I am surprised no one has mentioned Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie.

What matters at this wedding is that it goes the way William wants it to. It doesn't matter what the public, the press, or anyone else thinks or feels about Diana. What matters is that William wishes her to be remembered and a part of his special day.

I'm with you 100% in this, Osipi.

It's William and Catherine's wedding, and although there are obligations to the country,the throne and the Commonwealth, they should be permitted to include whatever they wish in the service and ceremony. Should they decide to have Sir Elton sing in lieu of Dame Kiri, for example, then that's their prerogative.

I'm backing William to get his way in all things. He's already indicated that he'll protect his bride and her family from the grim, grey-suited courtiers who imposed so much on Diana and Sarah and will take legal action against the media if it's too intrusive towards any of them. He's sticking to his guns about the wedding, too, declining the services of the Palace and Clarence House.

He's a young prince at the beginning of C21 and seems to be most assured and comfortable in asserting himself and giving notice that the status quo won't always do. I think it admirable that his affection for his mother hasn't diminished and it is to his credit that he's determined to see that she's honoured in his life. It is only to outsiders, apparently, that the ghost of Diana poses such a problem.

For me, it's not the mention of Diana - surely it's the norm to refer to a deceased parent on such an occasion. No, it's the suggestion that Earl Spencer makes such a speech. Shall we say he has proved less than tactful on past form, and leave it at that. I think it would be a better idea, as I mentioned above, if Lady Jane or Lady Sarah said a few words instead, and certainly it would be better suited to the reception than the ceremony itself.

But I have doubts about the accuracy of the report in any case, the source seems rather tenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom